Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868917 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
sandfield:
what I mean is that for instance,someone interview is November 20, can one go with September,October and November account statement?

Okay but its just 3 months but they do ask for 6 months stating from June, July, August, September,October and November....

But why just the 3 month starting from September,October and November
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
teddyrain:
My ogas at the roof if i have eko bank savings account here in Naija how best can i easily withdraw money from the account from the US without them charging me like Mtn? grin

You funny ooo.. Imagine you banking with ecobank upon your business package with Alliance In Motion Global... grin grin grin grin grin

E get as e be sha.. You just fall my hand with this...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by funmi14: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
Good day.
Pls house, how high is Webster University rank? I applied there and they mail me that my I20 has just been Fedex'd on Monday. I hope the school is not reg flag before VO? I have GRE and TOEFL. WES transcript. Am goin for msc. Health Administration. MHA. Have Bsc Nursing currently.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sandfield: 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Walspring:

Okay but its just 3 months but they do ask for 6 months stating from June, July, August, September,October and November....

I HAVE THE ONE FROM FEBRUARY TO JULY.IT END JULY ENDING.THAT WAS THE ONE I USED FOR MY PREVIOUS INTERVIEW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
funmi14:
Good day.
Pls house, how high is Webster University rank? I applied there and they mail me that my I20 has just been Fedex'd on Monday. I hope the school is not reg flag before VO? I have GRE and TOEFL. WES transcript. Am goin for msc. Health Administration. MHA. Have Bsc Nursing currently.
Thanks.

Nope.. But its a private university..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
STENON,your friend really wants to go for medicine that I see.

He should see Romania,its a nice country and a nice weather too. He should check out this school;Carol Davila university of medicine and Pharmacy..I have a female friend there who's doing medicine and surgery.Goodluck to your friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
imperiouxx:

lols. cheesy

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS UNDERGRAD MEDICINE CALLED PREMED. Premed is a term used for a declared major during first degree (AS or BS) in any community college or university and it's never automatic study of medicine.

1. medicine is only offered in medical schools AFTER your MCAT but premed is offered even in community college.
2. premed is selected science courses narrowed for prospect medical student or anyone who may eventually not pursue medicine. So premed is never a medical department.
3. First degree or premed prepares you for the MCAT and to fulfill the academic requirement for the course ahead.

So where did you see premed as undergrad medicine?

CORRECT!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
sandfield:
I HAVE THE ONE FROM FEBRUARY TO JULY.IT END JULY ENDING.THAT WAS THE ONE I USED FOR MY PREVIOUS INTERVIEW

Sorry its outdated and you cant make use of it again.. Get a new bank statement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by weomet: 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
amanze15:
Thanks guys for your support, do u guys think TOEFL is simpler than GRE
Toefl is easier than GRE. It does not require as much preparation for GRE does. I will advise you to prepare for GRE properly then you would covered preparation for Toefl too. The only thing left in your Toefl preparation will be getting used to the question format Toefl uses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Walspring:

The two works separately and they are not the same but a body conduct the both exam

TOEFL means Test of English as a Foreign Language

GRE means Graduate Record Examination

TOEFL is for both Undergraduate and Graduate students

GRE is for Graduate Student only

If you study your materials very well, both are simpler
will the following aid a good score of above 79 in TOEFL in four weeks of preparation?!
- A testden prep course
- barrons ToEFL 14th edition
- the official guide to the TOEFL IBT
- 6 MCgraw hill test prep for TOEFL
I thought the school required GRE generally buh my course advisors were bent on having me send TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
weomet:

Toefl is easier than GRE. It does not require as much preparation for GRE does. I will advise you to prepare for GRE properly then you would covered preparation for Toefl too. The only thing left in your Toefl preparation will be getting used to the question format Toefl uses.
thanks I did buh the school is hell bent on having me send TOEFL, GRE is general buh course advisors are already on my neck to send tOEFL,so planning for the 19th of december already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hello house I greet all the guru's in the house special mention to a true G (walspring)
Please am about to apply to the following schools
1.Western illinois university

2.Southern illinois university

3.University of illinois at urbana champaign

4.Illinois institute of technology

I hope none of them is red-flagged?

Please kindly drop your suggestions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ope4all: 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
GOOD EVENING NL, please I have a little challenge, a friend asked me to help him confirm how he can know the AVAILABLE booking space (Lagos) between ending of this month and SECOND WeEk in December. Please favourable responses will be seriously appreciated. Thanks. Am hoping to hear replies from everybody PLEaSE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ctemi:

How far have you view your evaluated transcript gpa
Yes ma'am. I made a post on it last page.
They upgraded their system I guess cos the report now opens at a click.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 12:01am On Nov 19, 2014
Walspring:

Pls U mean they do ask for 6 months bank statements, its amazing, but I have sponsor who makes lots of transactions, if I calculate the transactions made for 6 months, they cover more than 30 pages, U mean I will be expected to carry more than 30 pages of bank statements to the interview instead of having 2 or 3 month bank statements which are within 6-month of the interview date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 1:06am On Nov 19, 2014
mcfarlin:
Hello house I greet all the guru's in the house special mention to a true G (walspring)

Bros, Why is it that all your schools are in the state of Illinois? The VOs are smarter than that... I suggest you chose schools from different states.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 1:07am On Nov 19, 2014
House, I want to help someone pay the sevis fee from here, which is the simplest way of doing it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 19, 2014
Hello horayce. Abeg mail me the link to that Facebook page for the GRE bros since justwise no go allow make you paste am for here. My address dey for my signature. I dey wait you abeg. Sorry if i dey sound overbearing, i dey beg u ni o. Thank u.
Horayce:

You could either buy a manhattan GRE book or pay for the 6 tests directly on their site which would set you back by $30. Optionally you could buy one of the manhattan GRE books and you'll be given an access code to the online tests. Instead of buying a hard copy that would take forever to get to Nigeria I bought an ecopy(kindle version) from amazon for just 9.99 dollars and immediately sent manhattan a mail, showing my receipt. I was granted access to the six tests for six months. Magoosh is quite pricey but take this from me: they have the best material. Their questions are the closest to what you will see on the exam. I'll drop some links to some free princeton and kaplan tests i found on an indian forum. You'll get about 9 decent GRE mock tests. Their questions are not as good as Magoosh or Manhattan but still valuable for someone who wants to practise for stamina. Also don't forget to drill down math from Nova GREBible and Manhattan 5lb. Your power prep scores are good as is, and u could bump them up by over 10-20 points if u diligently work through these materials.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 2:02am On Nov 19, 2014
mysevisfee.com

Feexo:
House, I want to help someone pay the sevis fee from here, which is the simplest way of doing it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:38am On Nov 19, 2014
sirRiddy:
Hello horayce. Abeg mail me the link to that Facebook page for the GRE bros since justwise no go allow make you paste am for here. My address dey for my signature. I dey wait you abeg. Sorry if i dey sound overbearing, i dey beg u ni o. Thank u.
i dont have a sig so i cant see it, just give me ur email or pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by funmi14: 3:44am On Nov 19, 2014
Walspring:

Nope.. But its a private university..

House.
I would appreciate more suggestions please. I hope WU being a private university won't raise red flag.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ope4all: 3:51am On Nov 19, 2014
GOOD EVENING NL, please I have a little challenge, a friend asked me to help him confirm how he can know the AVAILABLE booking space (Lagos) between ending of this month and SECOND WeEk in December. Please favourable responses will be seriously appreciated. Thanks. Am hoping to hear replies from everybody PLEaSE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 5:23am On Nov 19, 2014
mcfarlin:

Apply to one or two other school out of Illinois if you can...or be ready to explain to the VO why all those schools are in the same state

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2014
@Horayce I'm interested too..i thought you replied my PM the other day but you didnt..please kindly help me send it to dahunsiolalekan@gmail.com...Thanks bro

Horayce:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2014
@ IMPERIOUXX

Sent you a PM, expectin your reply bro[b]@ IMPERIOUXX

Sent you a PM, expectin your reply bro[/b]@ IMPERIOUXX

Sent you a PM, expectin your reply bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2014
sirriddy@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Horayce:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goryorhal(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2014
Hi, I just like to ask if Vo considers 'Provisional Offer of Admission'

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by relagze: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2014
Hello House,

Pls., I am in need of help/advice here. I had a US student visa interview scheduled for Nov. 18, 2014 but was resheduled due to system issues at the embassy to Dec. 5, 2014. My school resumes by Dec. 4, 2014 as stated on my form I-20. Should I take the the 'emergency appointemnt route'?

The web page states that :

Students or exchange visitors

Purpose of travel is to begin or resume a valid program of study in the United States within 60 days when no regular visa appointments are available. This option is limited only to students and exchange students who are within 60 days of their start date. It is also limited only to applicants who have not been refused a visa within the last six months at either the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos.

Essential documentation:
1.Original Form I-20 or DS-2019 indicating start date of program within 60 days.
2.Evidence that you have paid the SEVIS fee (when applicable).

Pls. advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Olu0907: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2014
[quote I have never felt this type of joy in my life for a long while, I was denied a student visa in abj on the 4th of nov , I still believed and had a strong faith I was going to put through , I reapply to lag , got a date which was actually today 19th nov and as usual said my prayers and set out earlier , like I was so favoured and my visa was granted without much stress , just my acct statement and my sponsor's own and my GRE score report sheet with just few questions ! Thank you nairaland for the tips !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2014
Olu0907:
[quote I have never felt this type of joy in my life for a long while, I was denied a student visa in abj on the 4th of nov , I still believed and had a strong faith I was going to put through , I reapply to lag , got a date which was actually today 19th nov and as usual said my prayers and set out earlier , like I was so favoured and my visa was granted without much stress , just my acct statement and my sponsor's own and my GRE score report sheet with just few questions ! Thank you nairaland for the tips !

Congratulations. Please post your transcript here

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.