Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867978 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Correct. Wish you all the best.
yea...I will write a book on this struggle. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
Theflint1:
100k a month turnover and a100million bank statement seems incongruous.
Yup, for someone going for an advanced business degree, he didn't cover himself in glory with that one. Better luck next time...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ctemi:
@Walspring, I need your assistant on how to pay Sevis fee.
send me a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
Walspring:

I no understand the bold aspect....

Why dem dey beg you and which of them dey beg you?

The people way delay my passport now... when dem see say i be special pikin dem gas apologize before icall my edu mama
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
zeezahbee:
cheesy grin

Thanks for telling me about the ticket ir was really cheap and i also got a hotel room in doha for free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
jakeharris:

The people way delay my passport now... when dem see say i be special pikin dem gas apologize before icall my edu mama

Okay... Sounds good.. But why dem delay you passport Any reason for that

When be the date for party joor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ctemi:
@Walspring, I need your assistant on how to pay Sevis fee.

Got your pm and the answer is Yes and No but it depend on the method the person will use to make you payment for you over there.

Just open www.fmjfee.com and fill the coupon payment form there and submit because payment coupon code is always needed when making payment via WU and it reflect in less than 6hours provided the WU office in located in Usa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
Walspring:

Okay... Sounds good.. But why dem delay you passport Any reason for that

When be the date for party joor

I no know 16th sha....you de show?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tonero230(m): 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
Plz house can someone tell me how to start my visit visa application to UK and the necessary documents plz i am a novis.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
Glocal1:
Bro, just take d pain to google it, but try checking temple university. MPH is also on my mind but like plan C. How much is d wes evaluation n what's ur real CGPA b4 evaluation.

60-65K
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Walspring:

Got your pm and the answer is Yes and No but it depend on the method the person will use to make you payment for you over there.

Just open www.fmjfee.com and fill the coupon payment form there and submit because payment coupon code is always needed when making payment via WU and it reflect in less than 6hours provided the WU office in located in Usa.
Okay thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bijouxcutey(f): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
Glocal1:
Bro, just take d pain to google it, but try checking temple university. MPH is also on my mind but like plan C. How much is d wes evaluation n what's ur real CGPA b4 evaluation.

@Glocal1 I appreciate your response. It's WES evaluation that came to 2.89
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bijouxcutey(f): 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
imperiouxx:

With your test score, a good SOP and recommendations you should be able to get admission. In fact the poor undergrad gpa can be overlooked. I posted few schools that accept 2.7 cgpa even 2.5 here before but sadly, I can't remember the schools anymore. I think 1 of the schools is in Oregon and 1 in Montana. Search friend.

Thanks so much bro. I appreciate. I will do the needful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
Walspring:

Okay thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tonero230(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
Plz house can someone tell me how to start my UK visiting visa application and the documents to go with plz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
tonero230:
Plz house can someone tell me how to start my UK visiting visa application and the documents to go with plz
For a swift and accurate response, I would implore you to visit the UK section as this section is strictly for US non-immigrant and student visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
jakeharris:

Thanks for telling me about the ticket ir was really cheap and i also got a hotel room in doha for free
my pleasure. i gat to give back to this thread. without this thread lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
ebdib:

60-65K
ok, tks n best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by markenson: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hello house ,pls I want scholars in u.s.a to edify me. I have 2015spring admissions from two schools A and B , school A sent my I-20 early enough and I used it to apply for visa which was granted and the visa bear the name of schools A.however I prefer school B to A considering many factors. I have school B admission packages with me . pls what can I do or the processes involve if I want to go to school B as my visa bears school A name and I used school A I-20 code to pay for my sevis fee.
Pls help me out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tonero230(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Glocal1:
ok, tks n best of luck.

?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ctemi:

Okay thank

Lets give the thanks to God...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
See how dem dey look me like stranger. cheesy Walspring, ebdib , sirRiddy,... Someone is on my neck, please.

godG:
Hello, house. A quick one, please: Is TOEFL /GRE registration still going through with PayPal? Been trying to register someone only for the portal to decline payment. Meanwhile, congratulations to the grantees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
godG:
See how dem dey look me like stranger. cheesy Walspring, ebdib , sirRiddy,... Someone is on my neck, please.

CC Bigfrancis21
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
zeezahbee:

Yeah ao you in naija or obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
House, please, just incase you see early appointment date. From 10 to 20th of dec, lagos embassy, kindly quote me.

Thanks
Lagos 10 - 24 expired, from 25 in progress.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
My visa was refused yesterday @ the US consulate in Lagos. I'm so surprised I was refused my visa despite confidently answering all questions asked, clearly.. This is my transcript for the gurus in the house.

Interview commenced @ about 9:00am after all the checks and screening.. Then my number appear @ box 2:

Me: Goodmorning!
V.O: Goodmorning (female Consular officer in box 2)

After placing my fingers on their stuff..

V.O: Why did you choose the school?
Me: I choose the school because it offers me a curriculum that addresses the features of professional communications that will help me to be proactive in my decision-making process, especially in the area of administrative affairs.

V.O: How did you find out about the school?
Me: I searched through some educational websites like Princeton reviews and USnews.com

V.O: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My father

V.O: What does he do?
Me: He is a structural engineer and real estate investor

V.O: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes

V.O: Where
Me: I have been to Ghana

And then she was typing.. Then I was expecting to hear OK, congratulations or something.. Then she handed back my passport, I20 and DS160 confirmation back to me, including the blue paper and said, I am sorry.. bla, bla..

------

The blue paper says.. this is to inform you that you been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act. A denial under Section 214(b) means that you did not meet the requirements of the classification of the nonimmigrant visa for which you applied for. Today's decision cannot be appealed. However, you may reapply at any time. If you decide to reapply, you must submit a new application form and photo, pay the visa application fee again as applicable and be interview by a consular officer. If you choose to reapply, you should be prepared to provide information that was not presented in your original application, or to demonstrate that your circumstances have changed since that application.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
portelli:

Lagos 10 - 24 expired, from 25 in progress.
It starta from 30. Someone needs an earlier date. Just incase you come across one.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
aanowai:
My visa was refused yesterday @ the US consulate in Lagos. I'm so surprised I was refused my visa despite confidently answering all questions asked, clearly.. This is my transcript for the gurus in the house.

Interview commenced @ about 9:00am after all the checks and screening.. Then my number appear @ box 2:

Me: Goodmorning!
V.O: Goodmorning (female Consular officer in box 2)

After placing my fingers on their stuff..

V.O: Why did you choose the school?
Me: I choose the school because it offers me a curriculum that addresses the features of professional communications that will help me to be proactive in my decision-making process, especially in the area of administrative affairs.

V.O: How did you find out about the school?
Me: I searched through some educational websites like Princeton reviews and USnews.com

V.O: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My father

V.O: What does he do?
Me: He is a structural engineer and real estate investor

V.O: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes

V.O: Where
Me: I have been to Ghana

And then she was typing.. Then I was expecting to hear OK, congratulations or something.. Then she handed back my passport, I20 and DS160 confirmation back to me, including the blue paper and said, I am sorry.. bla, bla..

------

The blue paper says.. this is to inform you that you been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act. A denial under Section 214(b) means that you did not meet the requirements of the classification of the nonimmigrant visa for which you applied for. Today's decision cannot be appealed. However, you may reapply at any time. If you decide to reapply, you must submit a new application form and photo, pay the visa application fee again as applicable and be interview by a consular officer. If you choose to reapply, you should be prepared to provide information that was not presented in your original application, or to demonstrate that your circumstances have changed since that application.
Which school gave you I-20? You goofed in the response "why did you chose the school"? What has professional communication have to do with administrative duties? Been proactive? Yes, when you talk about public relations. Secondly, were you asked for standardized test? Sponsors bank statement etc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
markenson:
Hello house ,pls I want scholars in u.s.a to edify me. I have 2015spring admissions from two schools A and B , school A sent my I-20 early enough and I used it to apply for visa which was granted and the visa bear the name of schools A.however I prefer school B to A considering many factors. I have school B admission packages with me . pls what can I do or the processes involve if I want to go to school B as my visa bears school A name and I used school A I-20 code to pay for my sevis fee.
Pls help me out
CC zeezahbee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Which school gave you I-20? You goofed in the response "why did you chose the school"? What has professional communication have to do with administrative duties? Been proactive? Yes, when you talk about public relations. Secondly, were you asked for standardized test? Sponsors bank statement etc?

Grand Valley State University.. That's the name of the school that gave me i20.
I was not asked if I did any standardized test, if not I would have provided my GRE score result.
I was also not asked for sponsor's bank statement, if not I had it with me and even my own bank statement.
The way the interview went was exactly how, I wrote it here.

Moreso, you need a better if not professional communications in administrative duties. I've been given admission to study for a MSc in Communications in the aforementioned school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
zeezahbee:

Make una involve me for this ticket matter nau? Biko. Na jfk I dey go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.