Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868130 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
Maybe that wasn't the primary reason he got denied.
My undergrad is in Agriculture while I got approved for MSc. Applied Maths and CS.

Walspring:

Switching is the best when they get to Obamaland but most people don't know just because they dont want to write any test like Gre/Ielts/Toefl/SAT/Gmat to secure admission and they will be looking for school who does not require Gre to admit them for Msc in Business Admin...

Maybe agent got him the admission if i am not wrong

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Imagine spending millions on top business that makes only 100k monthly. Some folks are funny. Business that's not for you.i

I have done a mail to our man... no response. U sure say him dey Nigeria? I will find his cell. We dey arrange pple wey u know in case...movement pure...for short stay things...u never know!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
ferdimako:

I have done a mail to our man... no response. U sure say him dey Nigeria? I will find his cell. We dey arrange pple wey u know in case...movement pure...for short stay things...u never know!
Torchlight me for the matter broa. I go sama you PM now.

He should have travelled. I don't have his private email. I only have his precious office mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
dotman2460:
Maybe that wasn't the primary reason he got denied.
My undergrad is in Agriculture while I got approved for MSc. Applied Maths and CS.

Okay big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Imagine spending millions on top business that makes only 100k monthly. Some folks are funny. Business that's not for you.i

In 2baba's voice... No be small thing ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Torchlight me for the matter broa. I go sama you PM now.

He should have travelled. I don't have his private email. I only have his precious office mail.
OK... seen ur pm...holla.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bdbodmas: 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
From my observation, you are probably been denied a visa for two reasons... 1. It might be cos ur sponsor doesn't have monthly income, I say this cos they believe personal biz can collapsed at anytime.. 2. Or maybe u have been denied a visa before now by another country whc they stamped ur passport..

Note: its just an opinion anyway... Best of luck. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
what's your undergrad course?

My undergraduate course was Political Science.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
zeezahbee:
undecided, am in pluto

thats harsh

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by brainride: 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hi guys,

It's good to see Nigerians help each other out here. Discovered this thread late( after I had booked my visa appointment)

VISA approved dec 2 lagos.

Transcript:

Me: hi
VO: good morning, which school are you going to?
Me: texas A&M kingsville.
VO: which school did you get your bachelors from?
Me: Ladoke Akintola .....
VO: can I see your bachelors certificate?
Gave him
VO: did you write GRE?
Me: yes.
VO: can I see you score sheet?
Gave him.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad.
VO: what does he do?
Me: he works as an accountant and also a business owner.
VO: I'll give back this document to you, you'll need it for traveling( hands me my i20). Your visa has been approved. Pick it up at this location on .....
Me: thank you.

I prayed for favor and God granted me exactly what I asked for.

NB:
1. Be confident (confident posture, confident voice), it saves you of too much questions.
2. Be concise. Give precise and adequate answers to questions asked.
3. Get at least 2 years work experience.
4. Try to Get a good GRE score.
5. Most importantly, involve God.

All the best to those yet to go for their interview.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
brainride:
Hi guys,

It's good to see Nigerians help each other out here. Discovered this thread late( after I had booked my visa appointment)

Transcript:

Gave him
Gave him.
VO: I'll give back this document to you, you'll need it for traveling( hands me my i20). Your visa has been approved. Pick it up at this location on .....

NB:
1. Be confident (confident posture, confident voice), it saves you of too much questions.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland....

I key into this favor and tap from the anointing of success in the Name of Jesus.

Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by markenson: 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
zeezahbee:
dont get worked up, firstly congrats that you got a visa, arrive as early as possible. go straight to school B international office as soon as u land. tell them you have their admission but you got another visa, school B will be so glad to have you because na you carry yourself come, they will contact school A for sevis transfer and you are good to go. Note: do not tell both school about your plans until you arrive
Thanks for the point of info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Moukafoam(f): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
zeezahbee:
please do not let me show you my old self. you must be schizophrenic. must you quote me? that is my own opinion about his post, you can as well have yours. if you find it hard to make use of Google and find a school that suit you, then i wonder how u will cope when u get to USA and was i the only one that replied dotman post, he be like say them send you come abi. note: dont ever quote me again.

It is like u know the key word to use on google. Plz can u help me out?

I need a school of mgt in the US. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Moukafoam(f): 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
brainride:
Hi guys,

Transcript:

Gave him
Gave him.

NB:

Thanks for the prayers and I also wish you luck.

Can I also apply for mgt studies in this school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
Moukafoam:

undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
Moukafoam:

Hmmmmm cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you working with moukafoam why the moniker?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Briz(m): 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:

Thanks all that have contributed.

Well, the truth is that question was not expected. I was almost even saying, i had no access to that information which i thought would have been a better answer. i dont know the devil that pushed me to say that.

Maybe i'll consider the GRE option. How do i go about that if i want to take it. Is there any law that says you cant do an MBA with a BSc. Computer Science?

The family business is different from the business i used for the Statement of Account ( which is a law firm) so she shouldn't be using the eye of the law firm to look at the company i'm managing.

Meanwhile i guess i said law firm is co-owned by my dad and so is not the sole owner of the almost N100m in fixed account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
brainride:
Hi guys,

Transcript:

Gave him
Gave him.

NB:

Awww. Congrats, fellow Ladokite... And welcome to America. smiley All the best on your studies

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 11:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
MsNas:

Awww. Congrats, fellow Ladokite... And welcome to America. smiley All the best on your studies

It's been a while. If you don't see me, I see you. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
Briz:

Thanks all that have contributed.

Well, the truth is that question was not expected. I was almost even saying, i had no access to that information which i thought would have been a better answer. i dont know the devil that pushed me to say that.

Maybe i'll consider the GRE option. How do i go about that if i want to take it. Is there any law that says you cant do an MBA with a BSc. Computer Science?

The family business is different from the business i used for the Statement of Account ( which is a law firm) so she shouldn't be using the eye of the law firm to look at the company i'm managing.

Meanwhile i guess i said law firm is co-owned by my dad and so is not the sole owner of the almost N100m in fixed account.
You mentioned that you work as an administrative officer. If it was in a good firm with a good pay and a longer years of experience then it would be good. You need to get it right with why you chose the school and the course. Come up with something convincing and promising.

Reapply immediately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by brainride: 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
Moukafoam:

Thanks for the prayers and I also wish you luck.

Can I also apply for mgt studies in this school?

From the reviews I read online, Texas A&M kingsville is an engineering based college. Buh still, u can visit the schools website to get more info on management studies program.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by brainride: 11:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
MsNas:

Thanks MsNas. Glad to meet a fellow alumna.

Whats your state and school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
imperiouxx:

undecided
baba,na xo i see am oo. afi key word na cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
cheesy grin, i was surpised as well. especially when she said i have the key to google
Walspring:

Hmmmmm cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you working with moukafoam why the moniker?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
jakeharris:

thats harsh
oya pele. your question was awkward and i thought u teasing me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Briz(m): 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
slimmy05:
You mentioned that you work as an administrative officer. If it was in a good firm with a good pay and a longer years of experience then it would be good. You need to get it right with why you chose the school and the course. Come up with something convincing and promising.

Reapply immediately.

That will mean i have to change the information on my DS-160 form to reflect that. Won't it signal sth to them when next i show up at the embassy or the old info has gone with the winds or it really doesn't matter if i change it as par they won't raise a brow as long as i can defend it?

Dunno if i should reapply immediately or chill small and take GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
brainride:

From the reviews I read online, Texas A&M kingsville is an engineering based college. Buh still, u can visit the schools website to get more info on management studies program.
congrats brainride, such a simple interview. welcome to USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Tekecoms1(m): 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
bdbodmas:
From my observation, you are probably been denied a visa for two reasons... 1. It might be cos ur sponsor doesn't have monthly income, I say this cos they believe personal biz can collapsed at anytime.. 2. Or maybe u have been denied a visa before now by another country whc they stamped ur passport..

Note: its just an opinion anyway... Best of luck. Cheers
JJC....WHO IS (S)HE QUOTING?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
Briz:

That will mean i have to change the information on my DS-160 form to reflect that. Won't it signal sth to them when next i show up at the embassy or the old info has gone with the winds or it really doesn't matter if i change it as par they won't raise a brow as long as i can defend it?

Dunno if i should reapply immediately or chill small and take GRE.
where in my post did I refer you to change or alter your ds160 information?

I am talking based on the information you provided. I think you need to be more open with the us so you can get a better advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
zeezahbee:
qatar airways, jan 7 and jan 8 for $874.35
if he wants to go earlier, check december 26th for $926.85
Thanks a bunch dear. I'm grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hello bro. Long time, hope you are doing good? You are putting in applications already? Have you taken the GRE now?
electronic:
ZEEZAH TNKS grin grin kiss kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 05, 2014
Bro wassup? Have you put you in your applications for ASU? When is the deadline for your department?
innovativeame:

Thanks a bunch dear. I'm grateful

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.