Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867993 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 12:21am On Dec 05, 2014
sirRiddy:
Bro wassup? Have you put you in your applications for ASU? When is the deadline for your department?
I'm good jare and how have u been too? Yeah, I've started the application although I didn't pay close attention to the deadline because I hope to complete the application by the end of next week. However, I will confirm the deadline for my program. Hope you are ready for the race?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bdbodmas: 12:45am On Dec 05, 2014
@aanowai..
From my observation, you are probably been denied a visa for two reasons... 1. It might be cos ur sponsor doesn't have monthly income, I say this cos they believe personal biz can collapsed at anytime.. 2. Or maybe u have been denied a visa before now by another country whc they stamped ur passport..

Note: its just an opinion anyway... Best of luck. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 05, 2014
I am not planning applications yet as I do not have target for fall 2015. I just want to know how it goes with you as I will be applying for fall '16. Do you know if early application increases one's propensity to secure funding at ASU or your department in particular? Then I might need you to give me a detailed step on how went about the whole process. I know they have an ASU portal/account method application but I will need further clarifications from you, maybe when you are done and less busy. Good luck bro, and give it your very best.
innovativeame:

I'm good jare and how have u been too? Yeah, I've started the application although I didn't pay close attention to the deadline because I hope to complete the application by the end of next week. However, I will confirm the deadline for my program. Hope you are ready for the race?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 12:55am On Dec 05, 2014
zeezahbee:
oya pele. your question was awkward and i thought u teasing me

Just wanted to know where you were
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by walex57(m): 1:13am On Dec 05, 2014
GraceyMeryl:

I have been in contact with USCIS the date they gave was 2.5month to get approval, but some people get approval exactly 2 months, some its 1.8month while for some its 3-6month. The best bet is to get approval by middle of January If I will not be traveling to Naija
Approval for green card?...I'm sorry if I'm being nosy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by walex57(m): 1:17am On Dec 05, 2014
E be like say na only Ladoke Akintola university dey get visa ooo....who is from Unilorin here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 05, 2014
jakeharris:

Just wanted to know where you were
Afikpo. Happy now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 1:28am On Dec 05, 2014
imperiouxx:

It's been a while. If you don't see me, I see you. kiss
Yes o. Text me, make we gist. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 05, 2014
imperiouxx:

It's been a while. If you don't see me, I see you. kiss
c cornering grin I like that lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 05, 2014
Moukafoam:

It is like u know the key word to use on google. Plz can u help me out?

I need a school of mgt in the US. Thanks.
See hailing grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 05, 2014
Walspring:

Hmmmmm cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you working with moukafoam why the moniker?
grin grin sleeping on it nko?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 1:58am On Dec 05, 2014
ferdimako:

Afikpo. Happy now?
cheesy ;Dferdimako
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:15am On Dec 05, 2014
MsNas:

Awww. Congrats, fellow Ladokite... And welcome to America. smiley All the best on your studies

Same here smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:16am On Dec 05, 2014
brainride:
Hi guys,

It's good to see Nigerians help each other out here. Discovered this thread late( after I had booked my visa appointment)

VISA approved dec 2 lagos.

Transcript:

Me: hi
VO: good morning, which school are you going to?
Me: texas A&M kingsville.
VO: which school did you get your bachelors from?
Me: Ladoke Akintola .....
VO: can I see your bachelors certificate?
Gave him
VO: did you write GRE?
Me: yes.
VO: can I see you score sheet?
Gave him.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad.
VO: what does he do?
Me: he works as an accountant and also a business owner.
VO: I'll give back this document to you, you'll need it for traveling( hands me my i20). Your visa has been approved. Pick it up at this location on .....
Me: thank you.

I prayed for favor and God granted me exactly what I asked for.

NB:
1. Be confident (confident posture, confident voice), it saves you of too much questions.
2. Be concise. Give precise and adequate answers to questions asked.
3. Get at least 2 years work experience.
4. Try to Get a good GRE score.
5. Most importantly, involve God.

All the best to those yet to go for their interview.

Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobikwelu(m): 4:30am On Dec 05, 2014
No long thing. IF you are a real student with school intentions,

YOU MUST HAVE WRITTEN SAT (undergrad) or GRE and GMAT (MASTERS)....

anything else is grounds for automatic denial...if you like, have 1000000 billion in your account...

years ago, my interview lasted approx 3 mins....because my masters correlated with my Bachelors and i wrote GRE....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by walex57(m): 6:00am On Dec 05, 2014
kobikwelu:
No long thing. IF you are a real student with school intentions,

YOU MUST HAVE WRITTEN SAT (undergrad) or GRE and GMAT (MASTERS)....

anything else is grounds for automatic denial...if you like, have 1000000 billion in your account...

years ago, my interview lasted approx 3 mins....because my masters correlated with my Bachelors and i wrote GRE....

I dis - concur sir....they also have other ways to verify your authenticity as a genuine student...don't get me wrong thou, I'm not saying one shouldn't write GRE...yes you can write it and it definitely helps your case but it's not an ultimate decider as to if you will be granted a visa or not....I never wrote GRE, I wrote only TOEFL and even the TOEFL wasn't asked during my interview. I got my visa and done with my degree here already. Confidence and thorough knowledge of your course of study and reason for study is key. God is the master key.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dgman11234: 6:04am On Dec 05, 2014
Ojap, and everybody in the house,

I need to know schools that do summer semester admission for masters on geology/environmental science related course. Have been searching online but cant get any positive result.

Thankx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayhur009: 6:12am On Dec 05, 2014
First Available Appointment Is Wednesday January 7, 2015. Lagos and Abuja is 12th.
zeezahbee:
the first date is january 13th for lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 6:47am On Dec 05, 2014
tayhur009:
First Available Appointment Is Wednesday January 7, 2015. Lagos and Abuja is 12th.

I am considering Lagos jan 7th.
Who knows if they will still bring a closer date? My school resumption date is 13th jan.Wount vo say the school resumption is very close that I may not meet up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayhur009: 7:00am On Dec 05, 2014
I have been on the site all night, I have a feeling new date will be updated I saw 30th but I didnt pick I learnt people canceled appointment just like I did so I'm hoping fresh date will be added soon. Just keep your smartphone/computer connected so if any earlier date is updated you can just pick...
udeyokay:

I am considering Lagos jan 7th.
Who knows if they will still bring a closer date? My school resumption date is 13th jan.Wount vo say the school resumption is very close that I may not meet up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayhur009: 7:01am On Dec 05, 2014
cc @walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:31am On Dec 05, 2014
dgman11234:
Ojap, and everybody in the house,

I need to know schools that do summer semester admission for masters on geology/environmental science related course. Have been searching online but cant get any positive result.

Thankx

Getting summer admission for grad student will be a hard thing to come about. Focus on fall 2015.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2014
zeezahbee:
baba,na xo i see am oo. afi key word na cheesy grin

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:33am On Dec 05, 2014
walex57:
Approval for green card?...I'm sorry if I'm being nosy.

Conversion from F2 to F1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:34am On Dec 05, 2014
MsNas:

Yes o. Text me, make we gist. grin

Sure, I'll. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2014
ferdimako:

c cornering grin I like that lipsrsealed

Na so to call women attention. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 8:56am On Dec 05, 2014
Etihad is the cheapest

innovativeame:

My Zeezahbee, pls, do u have an idea of the cheapest air ticket to Chicago? A friend needs help. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by landuseact: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2014
I was lucky to get an appointment for Dec 29th, when i applied on Dec 3rd. My school resumes Jan 5th and i'm really hoping I can still get an earlier date. No be my fault my i-20 got to me Dec 2nd. I have made up my mind to keep checking the dates everyday sha. God help us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2014
landuseact:
I was lucky to get an appointment for Dec 29th, when i applied on Dec 3rd. My school resumes Jan 5th and i'm really hoping I can still get an earlier date. No be my fault my i-20 got to me Dec 2nd. I have made up my mind to keep checking the dates everyday sha. God help us all.
apply for emergency appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2014
imperiouxx:

Na so to call women attention. cheesy
prof...sanu faa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by shoo266: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2014
Hello house. I just got a recommendation from a friend to seek for helpful informations on this forum.i am a medical doctor, currently on my youth service which will b ending by February 2015. I have plans on going to the U.S for masters in public health on a personal budget of 3million naira. Pls I need a step by step guideline on how to go about it especially in respect to my limited finances. I will highly appreciate every contribution. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2014
Na wa for Computer Science for Ohio State university ooo!!
Nuffin to tell the VO why I choose the course ooo, even there's no detailed explanation of the department., but its my passion to study CSC abroad sha.

Does this sound good to tell the VO?

The computer science dept at OSU offers software engineering, information Sci & Computation Neural Sci has an undergradaute major in which my area of interest his Computation neural network.
Furthermore, there's is an intensive research group supervised by Prof Eric Winfree for the production of a CFD optimization software in which I intend to be part of the research team to gain from his wide field of knowledge with the OSU ranked among the top 20 university with large based computer software research facilities.

Pls I need a constructive criticism.. I no too sabi book oooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.