Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868412 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
profojah:

Search for schools that offers ur intended msc and check the evaluation services they use ...register with them or create an account with dem then evaluate both ur Ond and HND result on 4.0 scale for certain amount just as Ctemi said....
Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
[quote author=profojah post=28878578]Visa denied on Friday 12th at d Abuja consulate..this is d second time in 2months..but I believe that's how God wants it...really appreciate Slimmy , innovativeame, dotman, walspring and Ctemi for dose encouraging advise and calls...I appreciate u guyz much

VO- gudmorning
Me- hi how is it going
Vo- I'm gud, you're going to university of Baltimore for?
Me- Msc in cyber forensic and counterterrorism
Vo- why cyber forensic and counterterrorism
Me- really wanna be a forensic analyst and the rise in technology related crime in Nigeria today from criminal cases, employee misconduct ,civil disputes to d act of terrorism has generated an urgent need for a new type of investigator who can combine the field of information technology with forensic sci with d art of investigating and critical thinking..and this profession isn't enormous in Nigeria cos there's lack of professionalism
Vo- (nods)OK yes its true...which skool did you graduated from and what course?
Me- unilag, enviromental botany and palynology
Vo - can I see ur transcript
Me- my school don't issue transcript to student but I have my cert and my final ur statement of result
Vo.- can I see it
After given him, he saw all my final yr with As (4.54/5.00) cgpa and he was pointing to my project result which I had an A
Vo- what was your project topic about?
Me- Forensic Palynology :
Vo - nods .thats very good
I was even happy. Thought d man go give me
Vo- I really love your project topic
Me - smiles
Vo- who is your sponsor
Me - my uncle
Vo- what does he do
Me- he's the Commander of Police mobile force 49squadron and the former lagos state police relation officer PPRO
Vo- can I have his statement of account
Me- I gave him and also the letter of sponsorship with mobile police letter head paper and logo
Vo- typed for like 3min....after which he said I'm sorry blah blah blah and gave a white sheet

But on d paper he gave ...it states that I don't have a ties to my country but he didn't ask me about that cos I've already prepared for that questions
But I know Man proposes God disposes. School resumes jan26th
I suggest next time try go with your complete school transcript,and it seems that what you posted here still lack some things!!!
Vo did not ask how many schools u applied and the reasons why you chosed botimore university.Another point is;are you working any where? Try refire God is our strenth.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by studyinghana27: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
@ imperiouxx....I sent you a mail; pls reply
aokaforebuka@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
[quote author=udeyokay post=28880983][/quote]
He didn't ask how many school I applied to ...I'm not working , just finished my NYSC some months ago...and unilag dont issue transcript to students , they'll rather send it to d schools applied to...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
profojah:
Visa denied on Friday 12th at d Abuja consulate..this is d second time in 2months..but I believe that's how God wants it...really appreciate Slimmy , innovativeame, dotman, walspring and Ctemi for dose encouraging advise and calls...I appreciate u guyz much

VO- gudmorning
Me- hi how is it going
Me- really wanna be a forensic analyst and the rise in technology related crime in Nigeria today from criminal cases, employee misconduct ,civil disputes to d act of terrorism has generated an urgent need for a new type of investigator who can combine the field of information technology with forensic sci with d art of investigating and critical thinking..and this profession isn't enormous in Nigeria cos there's lack of professionalism
Me- my school don't issue transcript to student but I have my cert and my final ur statement of result
Vo.- can I see it
After given him, he saw all my final yr with As (4.54/5.00) cgpa and he was pointing to my project result which I had an A
Me - smiles
Vo- who is your sponsor
Me - my uncle
Vo- what does he do
Me- he's the Commander of Police mobile force 49squadron and the former lagos state police relation officer PPRO
Me- I gave him and also the letter of sponsorship with mobile police letter head paper and logo
Vo- typed for like 3min....after which he said I'm sorry blah blah blah and gave a white sheet

But on d paper he gave ...it states that I don't have a ties to my country but he didn't ask me about that cos I've already prepared for that questions

Botany and palynology to cyber forensic and counter terrorism Well I wonder why the VO didn't ask why the switch from a plant and rock scientist to deep core Information Technology profession. I wonder why VO didn't ask if you have any work experience or maybe you ain't telling us something. Anyways, try and refire

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2014
sabiguy:

Botany and palynology to cyber forensic and counter terrorism Well I wonder why the VO didn't ask why the switch from a plant and rock scientist to deep core Information Technology profession. I wonder why VO didn't ask if you have any work experience or maybe you ain't telling us something. Anyways, try and refire
One of my classmates switched from Zoology to IT. And the VO didn't give him grief. I switched from Physics to IT, I got my visa. Switching majors is no automatic grounds for denial.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
Profojah,
Your interview was on point and your GPA was awesome. Good school too. I would advise you not to reapply for a visa now but defer your admission. Reapplying now reeks of desperation and your circumstances haven't changed from your last interview. Use the hiatus to re-fill your DS-160 form, this time more carefully. Make sure you take time to put in your work experience that aligns with your new switch in your DS-160.

Quick question, the statement of account you gave the VO, was it the same one you used in applying for admission?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
sweetchanel:
Thanks friend,but am not a citizen of America..am bearing a Nigeria passport,do I still need a Nigeria visa on my passport before I can travel,and if I do need one,which state in America can I get one?

I resumed classes this fall2014,am on an F1 visa.

Check with your school international office.Typically you need a valid F-1 visa on your passport, signed I-20 (on the third page I believe)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
MsNas:
Profojah,
Your interview was on point and your GPA was awesome. Good school too. I would advise you not to reapply for a visa now but defer your admission. Reapplying now reeks of desperation and your circumstances haven't changed from your last interview. Use the hiatus to re-fill your DS-160 form, this time more carefully. Make sure you take time to put in your work experience that aligns with your new switch in your DS-160.
Quick question, the statement of account you gave the VO, was it the same one you used in applying for admission?
Thanks MsNas ...that's d best I would do now(defer to fall2015)...
..The statement of account I used on Friday isn't the one I used during my admission application but they are both owned by same person...the one I used during my admission is UBA while d one on Friday is Fidelity bank ....the closing balance for both acct are much more than a yr tuition n accommodation...
And we have d same surname ( with my uncle)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
MsNas:

One of my classmates switched from Zoology to IT. And the VO didn't give him grief. I switched from Physics to IT, I got my visa. Switching majors is no automatic grounds for denial.

If that is the case, then I suggest he still isn't saying something because the transcript posted (if true) has no reason for denial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
profojah:

He didn't ask how many school I applied to ...I'm not working , just finished my NYSC some months ago...and unilag dont issue transcript to students , they'll rather send it to d schools applied to...
I don't think it's the transcripts or the change of major. Do you have any conflicting information in the DS-160 that you filled?...assuming your bank statement is okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
sabiguy:

He didn't ask of any, cos i got myself prepared for every questions ...in my mind , I dey think say d guy go give me cos d way wey we dey talk n smile self...but I thought maybe I got denied because I was already denied before and I showed that desperacy like MsNas said....God knows sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
biikeys:

I don't think it's the transcripts or the change of major. Do you have any conflicting information in the DS-160 that you filled?...assuming your bank statement is okay
No sir...I was even calling some gurus on NL while filling d second Ds160 cos I really knw I have to fill dos stuffz with care and there must be consistency
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
profojah:

He didn't ask of any, cos i got myself prepared for every questions ...in my mind , I dey think say d guy go give me cos d way wey we dey talk n smile self...but I thought maybe I got denied because I was already denied before and I showed that desperacy like MsNas said....God knows sha

I concor. Just take your time before refiring. Repackage your story and God will be your strength.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
SirRiddy I see you ghost moding wink. How u setting for GRE. All the best bro! cool

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thanks brother. Hope you had a good time in camp?
sabiguy:
SirRiddy I see you ghost moding wink. How u setting for GRE. All the best bro! cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
profojah:
Visa denied on Friday 12th at d Abuja consulate..this is d second time in 2months..but I believe that's how God wants it...really appreciate Slimmy , innovativeame, dotman, walspring and Ctemi for dose encouraging advise and calls...I appreciate u guyz much

VO- gudmorning
Me- hi how is it going
Vo.- can I see it
Me - smiles
Vo- who is your sponsor
Me - my uncle
Vo- what does he do

AT bold shows desperation. The rule is that, do not ever give the VO what he or she has not asked for.It eluded me, it should have been mentioned before you went. You did very well up until when you gave him what he did not request from you. You know what,you will get it for the 3rd and the last time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
sirRiddy:

You r welcome bro. Camp was fun except that a brother has been busy preparing for GRE and by the way, I wouldn't mind to get some hints from u after your exam. I'll stay intouch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2014
innovativeame:

AT bold shows desperation. The rule is that, do not ever give the VO what he or she has not asked for.It eluded me, it should have been mentioned before you went. You did very well up until when you gave him what he did not request from you. You know what,you will get it for the 3rd and the last time.
Bro...yes I tot as much ...I was trying to call u but your number wasn't going and there was no network in the hotel I lodged ..but I later got ur text 5min before leaving for embassy that ur fone was stolen..but Slimmy really tried alot for me...I really appreciate u guyz much....thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
sirRiddy:
SirRiddy, how was ur exams? Pls share the good news.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
sabiguy:

If that is the case, then I suggest he still isn't saying something because the transcript posted (if true) has no reason for denial.
I dont think He is hiding anything. My suggestion to all is that even if one is denied in a particular consulate, changing consulate for the subsequent interview will not guarantee visa approval.
@ProfOjah Lets hook up in DLI when you are free. All is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
profojah:

Bro...yes I tot as much ...I was trying to call u but your number wasn't going and there was no network in the hotel I lodged ..but I later got ur text 5min before leaving for embassy that ur fone was stolen..but Slimmy really tried alot for me...I really appreciate u guyz much....thanks bro
Lets hook up bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
innovativeame:

Lets hook up bro
Aii boss.....but that will be on Tuesday..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
profojah:

Thanks MsNas ...that's d best I would do now(defer to fall2015)...
..The statement of account I used on Friday isn't the one I used during my admission application but they are both owned by same person...the one I used during my admission is UBA while d one on Friday is Fidelity bank ....the closing balance for both acct are much more than a yr tuition n accommodation...
And we have d same surname ( with my uncle)
Make sure you take time to fill your next DS-160, and put in every information that can help your case about the switch in majors. I heard(I'm not sure though) that the US embassy does something like a pre-selection process on every visa application before your final interview. Your DS-160 plays a major role in that.

I will also advise you to try and go with that same bank that you went used in the application. It might not be the problem, but it couldn't hurt. I know for sure that all schools upload all the documents you used in securing your admission(Test Score reports, Statement of Account, SOP, Recommendation Letters e.t.c) to the SEVIS database and the VO looks them up. As I said, it might not be the issue but it can't hurt. I wish you good luck next time you apply

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Beverly055: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
Lagos
nedum360:

Where was your interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
innovativeame:

I dont think He is hiding anything. My suggestion to all is that even if one is denied in a particular consulate, changing consulate for the subsequent interview will not guarantee visa approval.
@ProfOjah Lets hook up in DLI when you are free. All is well.

I agree with you and one other thing is that the VOs can also deny applicants too if they simply just don't like the face. They r psychologists and sometimes reads your looks to different meaning. All is well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by delmoh: 3:49am On Dec 15, 2014
hello everyone here..im having a big issue here.my visa interview is wed 17th..the guy i gave money to for sevis is no where to be found,no reciept has been sent either.pls sonebody in us should help me pay in the state as i learnt i will get d reciept same day.pls house i really need your help.God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 4:01am On Dec 15, 2014
studyinghana27:
@ imperiouxx....I sent you a mail; pls reply
aokaforebuka@gmail.com

got you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 4:23am On Dec 15, 2014
@profojah. Your interview transcript was a good one but I have to point out some things on it.
Firstly, you need to build a link between your UG degree and your intending MS major. The VO wanted to help fill up that space reason why he asked what your project was all about.
Secondly, you don't give a VO what he has not or did not ask it's simply a sign of desperation and I guess you were indisposed.
My recommendation: Apply to a course related to what you studied. It makes your case easier with little or no explanation. Americans love continuity and consistency
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 5:14am On Dec 15, 2014
I have sent u a PM, oga. With this ur "palasa" phone, would we be able to chat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by delmoh: 6:29am On Dec 15, 2014
hello everyone here..im having a big issue here.my visa interview is wed 17th..the guy i gave money to for sevis is no where to be found,no reciept has been sent either.pls sonebody in us should help me pay in the state as i learnt i will get d reciept same day.pls house i really need your help.God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 6:31am On Dec 15, 2014
asadiaboymma:
Hi everyone! Thank u all for your previous responses! Please the school I'm applying for my MS demand an immunization report and I don't know how to go about it. I'm doing my youth service in akwa ibom state please how do go about it. Please I appreciate all ur suggestions.

Go to any government hospital and do the test and report. Just did mine some days ago

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73