Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866170 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
sirRiddy:
Thanks brother. Hope you had a good time in camp?
How u guys finding the resource i gave? Did u find manhattan any good? I really didn't like their mocks last go around though i think they are the best resource for the gmat. And their 5lb gre big book is a must have for people who are rusty with base level concepts. But something i just found out grin grin going over gre books for the past few weeks is that Kaplan is solid gold. Their question bank has the trickiest gre quant questions i've ever seen. Every thing else feels like a cakewalk in comparison after drilling thru kaplan. If u need the links to the kaplan qbank u can pm me. grin. Anyway just checking, all the best... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
slimmy05:
i didn't get your mail

I don't know what's wrong with my nairaland inbox system really.
Doesn't work.
And mods won't allow us to post emails on the thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Visa approved !!! #gbam

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
imperiouxx:
Lot of rude and harsh talks on this thread nowadays. Where is the brain and courtesy? I guess that's not common anymore.
No more courtesy bro. How are u though. You've not replied on the car ish we talked about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
jenns:
Visa approved !!! #gbam

Congrats bro!!

Go and succeed.

Please post your transcript #ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
bbdd:

I don't know what's wrong with my nairaland inbox system really.
Doesn't work.
And mods won't allow us to post emails on the thread
check my profile. My email addy is there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
jenns:
Visa approved !!! #gbam
congratz dear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thanks to all the big boss & sexy ladies on this forum. It really helped me a lot cos all I said @ to the VO was basically what I copied & crammed.

No document asked , it was just a 1min interview!! Here's the transcript!!!
VO:Good Morning
VO: She just dey drink coffee like say na oxygen oooo.
She answered with a smile, She don deny like 25 people before me.

Me: Gud Marwin.. She answered with a smile,
VO: Marwin,How was your 9t , sipping a cup of coffee.
VO: what is your purpose for travelling to USA
Me:To study Comp Sci @ the Uni of XYZ.
VO:Why the Uni of XYZ
Me: It;s a top ranked public university & its Comp Sci dept is ranked among the top 20 university with a large based software facility for undergraduate studies in science research field.
Furthermore, there's an intensive research group which is supervised by Prof Erick Winfree which I intend to be part of the team & learn from his wide field of knowledge(ALL NA LIE OO, noo prof dey bear that name)
VO:How many Uni did you apply to?
Me: 5, and I mentioned them
VO: how many gave you admission ?
Me: 2 ( Na LIE OO)
VO: Y did you choose A over B?
Me: the tuition of A is lower than B, & also most uni in USA offers quality education & better research opportunities.
VO:Who is you sponsor?
Me: Ma Dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He owns an oil servicing company that provides technical service to major petroleum industry.( Anoda Lie ooo)
VO: Example of companies?
Me: Oando, AOS well & she jes dey help me mention different companies, me sef jes dey use hand dey "democrase" for her.
VO: I have approved you!! She told me 3 times smiling.

Come pick up it up @ blaaa blaa blaa.

First of all.. PRAY & FAST, did 10 dayz fasting & read Ish 41 vs10.
Be confident
Talk to the VO's as if u are chatting with a friend.
Finally..I observed there's a camera attached to the earpiece& she kept readjusting it to know my level of composure
Oh boi...those people just dey deny people visa ooo..I counted like 19 before she called me.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
sabiguy:

I notice you r sorta a rude kid. Your manner of putting words together sounds childish so I'll just leave u ranting and exhibiting your garrulous character! Now, I know you would do Ur thing (talk trash) again but, this is the last comment you r getting from a brother

@bolded
For all we said I personally didn't insult you nor anyone else and I find the bolded comments very offensive, blighting and insulting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
jenns:
Thanks to all the big boss & sexy ladies on this forum. It really helped me a lot cos all I said @ to the VO was basically what I copied & crammed.

Me: It;s a top ranked public university & its Comp Sci dept is ranked among the top 20 university with a large based software facility for undergraduate studies in science research field.
Furthermore, there's an intensive research group which is supervised by Prof Erick Winfree which I intend to be part of the team & learn from his wide field of knowledge(ALL NA LIE OO, noo prof dey bear that name)
Me: the tuition of A is lower than B, & also most uni in USA offers quality education & better research opportunities.
Me: He owns an oil servicing company that provides technical service to major petroleum industry.( Anoda Lie ooo)
Me: Oando, AOS well & she jes dey help me mention different companies, me sef jes dey use hand dey "democrase" for her.

Be confident
Finally..I observed there's a camera attached to the earpiece& she kept readjusting it to know my level of composure
Oh boi...those people just dey deny people visa ooo..I counted like 19 before she called me.

grin congrats.
Your script was picture perfect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
jenns:

Be confident
Hahahahahaha, sweet interview. It's like the more you look, the less you see situation. You're very clever. Justwise, come see someone who is clever here. Not like those journeymen on the other thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
@zeezahbabe@ebdib@slimmy05@mcfarlin,etc....Big
hugs to you all.!!!.
Visa approval is based on God's favour.
I have never travelled out of the 9ja before ooo, stop having the mindset that you've got to travel out of 9ja to boost your chances of getting visa #that's ma 2 cent.

Zeezababe..plz what are the likely questions at POE oo.

Finally, please this forum is meant to educate all and sundry, let's cultivate the habit of helping eachother with advice & ideas.....LET'S STAMP OUT RUDE REPLIES

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
jenns:
@zeezahbabe@ebdib@slimmy05@mcfarlin,etc....Big
hugs to you all.!!!.
Visa approval is based on God's favour.
I have never travelled out of the 9ja before ooo, stop having the mindset that you've got to travel out of 9ja to boost your chances of getting visa #that's ma 2 cent.

Zeezababe..plz what are the likely questions at POE oo.

Finally, please this forum is meant to educate all and sundry, let's cultivate the habit of helping eachother with advice & ideas.....LET'S STAMP OUT RUDE REPLIES

Nothing much. Just smile.
They ask things like
Your school, course and duration of stay.
Sometimes they could ask you questions relating to tuition and sponsorship etc
Make sure you have your i-20 and Admission letter.

Just do like JJC and answer grin
Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
jenns:

Be confident

Congrats! but...pray and fast and lie? hmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
biikeys:

Congrats! but...pray and fast and lie? hmm

#"LIE"#...me no am talk soooo...but serzly it's just a sweet lie to clear yourself from those IRUMOLE TOH je VISA FEE with toothpick.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello guys,

I had my test today between 11am and 3pm. My unofficial scores:
316: 154V 162Q

Sent my scores to:
1. Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
2. Florida International University
3. Kansas State University
4. Utah State University.
All for Computer Science MSc.

I want to show my appreciation to everyone in the forum who helped me through the preparation:
Specially acknowldge bigfrancis, ebdib, mystiqueme, innovativeme, dinjaninja, electronic, dicapino, godG, gboyegaD
You really made the burden lesser for me. Wish all those test takers good luck.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
jenns:

Be confident

Congrats... Sharp guy! U maga d VO cheesy Safe trip bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2014
sirRiddy:
Hello guys,

Sent my scores to:

I want to show my appreciation to everyone in the forum who helped me through the preparation:
Specially acknowldge bigfrancis, ebdib, mystiqueme, innovativeme, dinjaninja, electronic, dicapino, godG, gboyegaD

Congrats bro. U nailed it especially the Q. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
sirRiddy:
Hello guys,

Sent my scores to:

Congrats. The scores is quite impressive. You could try to add 2 top schools to your list preferably, those with good funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thanks. You owe ebdib an apology though. I followed your conversation with him and you did not choose your words well there. You guys should please try and be tolerant, please. How is prep going now?
sabiguy:

Congrats bro. U nailed it especially the Q. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
lmao. Top schools with 3.64/5.00 grin
Thank you sir for your heads up. Hoping to get more tips from you.
GboyegaD:

Congrats. The scores is quite impressive. You could try to add 2 top schools to your list preferably, those with good funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
Bro, I don write am today. 154V 162Q. Na only one of the manhattan practice tests I do sef. Thank you for that your GRE chinco group. Those guys bad gaan. How far with visa interview now?
Horayce:

How u guys finding the resource i gave? Did u find manhattan any good? I really didn't like their mocks last go around though i think they are the best resource for the gmat. And their 5lb gre big book is a must have for people who are rusty with base level concepts. But something i just found out grin grin going over gre books for the past few weeks is that Kaplan is solid gold. Their question bank has the trickiest gre quant questions i've ever seen. Every thing else feels like a cakewalk in comparison after drilling thru kaplan. If u need the links to the kaplan qbank u can pm me. grin. Anyway just checking, all the best... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
sirRiddy:
Hello guys,

Sent my scores to:

Great scores. Good luck brother.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
jenns:

Be confident
Congrat.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
sirRiddy:
Bro, I don write am today. 154V 162Q. Na only one of the manhattan practice tests I do sef. Thank you for that your GRE chinco group. Those guys bad gaan. How far with visa interview now?
Damn, congrats bro. That's a very good score. My emergency visa interview was just approved, it's this friday wink Wishing u all the best in the rest of ur apps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
sirRiddy:
lmao. Top schools with 3.64/5.00 grin
Thank you sir for your heads up. Hoping to get more tips from you.

Write your statement of purpose to reflect that your low grades was due to some youthful exuberance and you are better than the grades you had back then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
sirRiddy:
Thanks. [s]You owe ebdib an apology though. I followed your conversation with him and you did not choose your words well there[/s]. You guys should please try and be tolerant, please. How is prep going now?

Prep is going on a regular bro. Its been keeping me busy these days. I'm optimistic and quiet invigorated by daily practice. Thanks for checking tho. I'll stay in touch.

PS: @ ruled part, Bros abeg leave dat guy. He needs to chill cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
That 'guy' is an integral part of the family, and we are family here. Just try and hold back any urge to get bellicose again abeg. Goodluck with your test. Please, reply your pm.
sabiguy:

Prep is going on a regular bro. Its been keeping me busy these days. I'm optimistic and quiet invigorated by daily practice. Thanks for checking tho. I'll stay in touch.

PS: @ ruled part, Bros abeg leave dat guy. He needs to chill cool

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by SF9ja: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
For a 2 year master program, how many years visa is normally issued?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by SF9ja: 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Horayce:

Damn, congrats bro. That's a very good score. My emergency visa interview was just approved, it's this friday wink Wishing u all the best in the rest of ur apps.

When did you apply for emergency appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 12:45am On Dec 16, 2014
sirRiddy:
Hello guys,

Sent my scores to:

My brother, all I can say is, the sky is your starting point, keep doing what you know how to do best and remember no one can stop you from being great except YOU. Thumbs up! Well done for surpassing my score by a point grin. Congratulations.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by qonfupanda: 12:49am On Dec 16, 2014
Help! Help! Help!!!!....good morning guru's in the aouz....dis december is my interview,I choose abj embassy,plz,....am aplying for an m1 visa,going 2 sturdy welding @ powersteel institute,ohio,....plz what are the possible questions I need to be preparred for....plz help..........many thanks 1Love#

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90