Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? (50921 Views)

What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics / What Is The Direct Opposite Of "Sorry" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Tosdam(m): 7:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
My uncle that works in a construction company shared his interview experience with me some hours ago and I wish to share it with you guys here too.

Uncle Joe sit me down and tells me why so many graduates flop in an interview questions these days. He tells me how so many graduate prepare hard for an interview but get soak with shame and embarrassment after the interview. He further picture how the best student with the best result still strive hard to have a pass mark in a cheap interview question.

Interview is not about showing your skill in calculus but expressing how fast and the level of your intelligent quotient.

Now, let me share you one of the top most question asked by an employer in a construction company.

Question:

The opposite of white is black, what is the opposite of RED?

Note: This is an interview question. Uncle Joe was the only luckiest applicant that got it right and got the Job........
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
Abeg tell us, and d opposıte of blue too.

37 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Leitner: 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
DER? tongue

Op,What's the answer?

5 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Tallesty1(m): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
I think the answer is green.

12 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by mascot87(m): 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Green ni o op

5 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by freshness2020: 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Still Black joor!
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by acenazt: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
Red/Green
Blue/Orange
Yellow/Purple

15 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Blue

4 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Phemsy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Na black oo.....na joke you think the ''yeyes'' dey wear red and black

4 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Egomah(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
In traffic, opp of red is green. Just like in religion white stands for holy and black for evil.

32 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
Obviously green.

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by VocalWalls: 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Traffic

Red - stop
Green - Go

Military
Red - Danger
White - Safe

Engineering
Red - Hot
Blue - Cold

So its either green or white or blue

Answer is a variable, the context in which the question is being asked, is the determinant.

68 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by strangest(m): 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Just like black is the opposite of white, standard colors also have opposites. The result of putting opposite colors together is either a clashing or loud feeling, depending on which pair you choose. Below are the opposites for primary colors:

Blue is the opposite of Orange
Yellow is the opposite of Purple
Red is the opposite of Green
Black is the opposite of White

9 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by gsparks01(m): 12:31am On Aug 23, 2014
Ice
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by GoodBoi1(m): 12:32am On Aug 23, 2014
I think it is blue 'cos red becomes blue when negative in photo editing

10 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 23, 2014
I know it,but I won't tell you.

Op,say the answer,lemme see if you are right.

96 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by funkyjms: 12:40am On Aug 23, 2014
grin
GoodBoi1: I think it is blue 'cos red becomes blue when negative in photo editing
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Tundeiab(m): 1:15am On Aug 23, 2014
Tosdam: My uncle that works in a construction company shared his interview experience with me some hours ago and I wish to share it with you guys here too.

Uncle Joe sit me down and tells me why so many graduates flop in an interview questions these days. He tells me how so many graduate prepare hard for an interview but get soak with shame and embarrassment after the interview. He further picture how the best student with the best result still strive hard to have a pass mark in a cheap interview question.

Interview is not about showing your skill in calculus but expressing how fast and the level of your intelligent quotient.

Now, let me share you one of the top most question asked by an employer in a construction company.

Question:

The opposite of white is black, what is the opposite of RED?

Note: This is an interview question. Uncle Joe was the only luckiest applicant that got it right and got the Job........
Something tells me it's white. Since red stands for danger and white on the other hand stands for peace.

Make I scroll down see whether I correct.

2 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Tundeiab(m): 1:19am On Aug 23, 2014
Op come mark my test o... ^^^^. Make I know whether na boiled egg over 1 I get .

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Tundeiab(m): 1:21am On Aug 23, 2014
Op come mark my test o... ^^^^. Make I know whether na boiled egg over 1(0/1) I get . tongue

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Coldplay007(f): 3:07am On Aug 23, 2014
White and Black...

Red and Blue...

The answer is BLUE

5 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by fr3do(m): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2014
According to decreasing wavelength
Red > orange > yellow > green > blue > indigo > violet

For decreasing frequency
VIBGYOR

So from this violet is the opposite of red.

To prove this further, tune your phone camera to negative and view a red object.

6 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by ggrin(f): 5:02am On Aug 23, 2014
Indigocheesy
Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Ifyjemila(f): 5:34am On Aug 23, 2014
strangest: Just like black is the opposite of white, standard colors also have opposites. The result of putting opposite colors together is either a clashing or loud feeling, depending on which pair you choose. Below are the opposites for primary colors:

Blue is the opposite of Orange
Yellow is the opposite of Purple
Red is the opposite of Green
Black is the opposite of White
the question is what is the opposite of red?

5 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by maestroferddi: 6:40am On Aug 23, 2014
Should be Blue.

3 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by talk2riel: 6:48am On Aug 23, 2014
Am sure your uncle don't know the answer

6 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by dhardline(m): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2014
Press Like if you scrolled to check the answer.

27 Likes

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 23, 2014
Green

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Eyop: 8:02am On Aug 23, 2014
Green is the answer

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by rattlesnake(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2014
Its easy

Just invert the hexadecimal code.of red
#F00

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by Eyop: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2014
Blebleswag: Abeg tell us, and d opposıte of blue too.
Orange is the opposite of blue

1 Like

Re: So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? by kekakuz(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2014
in what context.
if the opposite of red is green in traffic,
the the opposite or red will be white in war

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nasarawa State University Admission List Is Out / List Of 20 Approved Private Universities In Nigeria / El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.