Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt (1323 Views)

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 23, 2014
I was born and brought up in portharcourt and in my early 20's. I just finished my nysc in June 2014. Am tired of job hunting in portharcourt as I've not gotten any job since I finished serving. I have this feeling I'll surely make it in Lagos with my B.SC in finance and Banking,but the problem here is that I don't have anyone in Lagos to stay with in the cause of my job search.feeding is not a problem as I can feed myself,the problem is only where to lay my head. Please my good people I need your advice or assistance. No insults please in the name of God.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 23, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]10 views yet no reply? Please talk to me people.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by ayogabriel(m): 6:01am On Aug 23, 2014
Bro, I move between lagos and port harcourt, I just graduated yet to serve and my little knowledge of lagos and ph, I feel you will have more opportunities in ph, lagos is very congested, ph is still fresh, u can still get something else to do pending the job search, send in CVs, check guardian tuesdays, even on nairaland here I still see job vacancies in ph. Good luck bro.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by echobee(f): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2014
U re welcome in d name of d lord

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2014
Bro am tired of the mama thank you thing. Almost all interview invite I get come from Lagos, I remember I,ve travelled twice for an entry test. The 1st one I got a regret mail from standard chartered bank and the second I wrote some weeks back and result is yet to show,which is Mansard insurance plc.I believe I will make it in Lagos
ayogabriel: Bro, I move between lagos and port harcourt, I just graduated yet to serve and my little knowledge of lagos and ph, I feel you will have more opportunities in ph, lagos is very congested, ph is still fresh, u can still get something else to do pending the job search, send in CVs, check guardian tuesdays, even on nairaland here I still see job vacancies in ph. Good luck bro.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by ayogabriel(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2014
I like your spirit, as far as you believe. Best of luck.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2014
Thanks brotherly,I need people like you who can encourage and give someone hope. My problem is that I don't have anyone in that Lagos.my frnds there are still staying with people.....
ayogabriel: I like your spirit, as far as you believe. Best of luck.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Henix(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2014
Having lived in Lag and currently living in Ph, i will categorically say dat Lag holds a better job availability, if u are a whitecollar job minded type. Ph is more of a virgin city, with couple of investment potential for an entrepreneur, most especially in real estate sector. kindly note d following while making d relocation plan to Lag: make an ADEQUATE plan for accommodation, do not hope on any one, for none will rarely help u, including d so called relatives. life in Lag is relatively cheaper than in Ph, talk of transport, feeding, clothing. One thing i like most abt Lag is its fastness nature, it keeps one sharp and alert, though it comes with its stress. Whether Lag, ph, Akwa Ibom,etc, just hav a mindset dat u can make it anywhere. Wishin u all d best in ur quest

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Thanks bro, you just spoke well like a mentor..... How much can I get a self contain apartment in ajah,jakunde,igbo efon and some close area in Lagos?
Henix: Having lived in Lag and currently living in Ph, i will categorically say dat Lag holds a better job availability, if u are a whitecollar job minded type. Ph is more of a virgin city, with couple of investment potential for an entrepreneur, most especially in real estate sector. kindly note d following while making d relocation plan to Lag: make an ADEQUATE plan for accommodation, do not hope on any one, for none will rarely help u, including d so called relatives. life in Lag is relatively cheaper than in Ph, talk of transport, feeding, clothing. One thing i like most abt Lag is its fastness nature, it keeps one sharp and alert, though it comes with its stress. Whether Lag, ph, Akwa Ibom,etc, just hav a mindset dat u can make it anywhere. Wishin u all d best in ur quest
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by ayogabriel(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
tebirim: Thanks brotherly,I need people like you who can encourage and give someone hope. My problem is that I don't have anyone in that Lagos.my frnds there are still staying with people.....
I understand what u mean, its my sis that is staying in lag, she has a little girl, and she's over protective .... I think you can fill in the gap there .But your friends can know someone that knows someone that could help.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
I keep asking them and yet same story...if its God's will I'll find someone that will accommodate me even of its a month before I can find a place of my own. All the same bro, thanks.
ayogabriel: I understand what u mean, its my sis that is staying in lag, she has a little girl, and she's over protective .... I think you can fill in the gap there .But your friends can know someone that knows someone that could help.

(1) (Reply)

La Manga Luxury Beach Villas, What Is This Place? / Moving To Germany Any Advice On How Is The Racism And The Crime Rate? / Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.