Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

A Place In The Stars - Trailer - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Place In The Stars - Trailer (7862 Views)

Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years / Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by safarigirl(f): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
condralbede: You are right my dear..but that of nollywood is just too much.The sound track alone HV already told u what's the movie is all abt.
soundtrack of what? Are you talking of home videos or the cinema movies?

All of you that keep citing Aba Nollywood when you want to make points need to get with thie times. If you watched the trailer of this movie, you'd realise that there was only an instrumental, no lyrics attached. Pray tell, how can you tell a movie's storyline from an instrumental?
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by Dreyl(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
I can't wait to watch this movie.
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
It is too third-world in nature. Nigeria needs help with good production. I like the beginning where the man explains something about the stars to the two kids.
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
Looks promising cheesy
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by UjSizzle(f): 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Saw it on tv over the weekend, and i must say i was really impressed. The crash scene was a big step up smiley
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by Sanchez01: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
safarigirl: Gideon? Make I watch am grin

Which kain name be Kim Dakim? Pesin go think say na Koresn film

*modified*

Omo, over on point dey worry this movie. They actually destroyed a car, there was a car chase, and no be one kpalasa car sef.

Interesting storyline, great actors, and the soundtrack that accompanied the clips was appropriate. This is new Nollywood. Sanchez01 come and see this movie and re-write that your 1001 problems with Nollywood
Lolz... Quite amazing, I must confess. But the truth still remains, new Nollywood, old Nollywood - Nollywood is Nollywood. By the way, have you seen Sis Ibucheesy?
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by TravishSmith: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
VillageBoi: ^^^
Yes, it's a very nice surprise of a trailer.
na wa fo u o wic 1 b "nice suprise of a trailer"?
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by safarigirl(f): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sanchez01:
Lolz... Quite amazing, I must confess. But the truth still remains, new Nollywood, old Nollywood - Nollywood is Nollywood. By the way, have you seen Sis Ibucheesy?
then I'll divide em to Aba Nollywood and Cinema Nollywood.

And no, I haven't seen Sis Ibu, I have an apathy to all things tagged 'Ibu'
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by Sanchez01: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
safarigirl: then I'll divide em to Aba Nollywood and Cinema Nollywood.

And no, I haven't seen Sis Ibu, I have an apathy to all things tagged 'Ibu'
Funny and rightly said. The cinema Nollywood are the best things we have at the moment. Unfortunately, only about 4-5% of Nollywood movies are cinema bound. The remaining are the ones flooding the streets every Monday morning.
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by safarigirl(f): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sanchez01:
Funny and rightly said. The cinema Nollywood are the best things we have at the moment. Unfortunately, only about 4-5% of Nollywood movies are cinema bound. The remaining are the ones flooding the streets every Monday morning.
as long as you avoid movies starring the following actors, you should be safe:

Mercy Johnson
Van Vicker
Chika Ike
Angela Okorie
Mike Ezeuronye (sometimes)
Walter Anga
John Okafor
Charles Inojie
Charles Awurum
Chiwetalu Agu
Chinwe Owoh
Yul Edochie (sometimes)
Vitalis Ndubuisi
Kenneth Okonkwo (especially this fellow)
Nuella Njubuigbo
Queen Nwokoye
Halima Abubakar....

You should be safe grin

1 Like

Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by Sanchez01: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
safarigirl: as long as you avoid movies starring the following actors, you should be safe:

Mercy Johnson
Van Vicker
Chika Ike
Angela Okorie
Walter Anga
John Okafor
Charles Inojie
Charles Awurum
Chiwetalu Agu
Chinwe Owoh
Yul Edochie (sometimes)
Vitalis Ndubuisi
Nuella Njubuigbo
Queen Nwokoye
Halima Abubakar....

You should be safe grin
Lolgrin... This is very funny. I'll be sure to keep it in mind thoughgrin
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by labodeolu(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
That accident scene was awesome shocked.
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by VillageBoi(m): 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
TravishSmith: na wa fo u o wic 1 b "nice suprise of a trailer"?
"Nice surprise of a trailer" dey surprise you? I no understand your post tbh.
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by joanana(f): 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
A place in the stars.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked (Title copied/modified from Hollywood movie The fault in our stars) grin Naija don dey copy since 1900.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by parrotibaba(m): 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
joanana: A place in the stars.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked (Title copied/modified from Hollywood movie The fault in our stars) grin Naija don dey copy since 1900.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
and who told u dat de copied it? sad

4 Likes

Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by victorazy(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
Rubbish as usual!!!
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by princemedico: 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
safarigirl: as long as you avoid movies starring the following actors, you should be safe:

Mercy Johnson
Van Vicker
Chika Ike
Angela Okorie
Walter Anga
John Okafor
Charles Inojie
Charles Awurum
Chiwetalu Agu
Chinwe Owoh
Yul Edochie (sometimes)
Vitalis Ndubuisi
Nuella Njubuigbo
Queen Nwokoye
Halima Abubakar....

You should be safe grin

This list is so on point. I can't imagine the level Kenneth Okonkwo has fallen to, the sight of the guy on my screen gets me so angry.
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by safarigirl(f): 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
princemedico:

This list is so on point. I can't imagine the level Kenneth Okonkwo has fallen to, the sight of the guy on my screen gets me so angry.
it's disgusting and unsettling. I don't think he realises that he's wayyy past his prime. If the likes of Saint Obi and Gentle Jack who he preceded in the industry can retire, why not him?
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by safarigirl(f): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sanchez01:
Lolgrin... This is very funny. I'll be sure to keep it in mind thoughgrin
please do, especially the first 3 names and Kenneth Okonkwo
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by joanana(f): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2014
parrotibaba: and who told u dat de copied it? sad

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by dabossman(m): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
safarigirl: I can also predict Hollywood movies but you all still watch it.

The bad guy never gets away in James Bond, there's always missing treasure in Indiana Jones that's eventually found, there's always a forbidden love that eventually has a happy ending with the romantic movies or some really dumb, social outcast gets with the hot girl.

All movies are predictable, it's the execution that makes the difference

You my dear are so on point! I always laugh when people say the problem with Nollywood movies is that they are predictable. NO! THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

The average Hollywood movie is also predictable once you know the genre.

Romantic comedy: boy meets girl, encounters some obstacles, then final realizes that he loves girl (or vice versa). I mean how many times have we seen the mad race to the airport, train station or something to tell the other person "I love you".

Action movie: Good guy defeats bad guy after loads of explosions, car chases and so on.

Coming of age movies: Dorky guy or girl comes out of shell and discover their true potential. Probably get the cute girl or guy along the way.

The list is endless. What keeps us glued to our seat is not knowing what will happen, it is how it will happen that intrigues us. It is how the story is told that engages our interest; even when it is a biography. That is where Nollywood needs to improve. That very important part of the story that lies between the beginning and the end. It takes a good scriptwriter and director to achieve that.

But some are trying already.

3 Likes

Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by dabossman(m): 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
safarigirl: it's disgusting and unsettling. I don't think he realises that he's wayyy past his prime. If the likes of Saint Obi and Gentle Jack who he preceded in the industry can retire, why not him?

Er, on this I will disagree. Good actors don't have to retire. Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman, Meryll Streep and their lkes haven't retired. They just find new roles suited to their age.

The Okonkwo guy was never really a good actor. Heck, Joke Silva can act till she's 90 and you'd still feel her any day.

Good to see you on a thread outside of football by the way.
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by safarigirl(f): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
dabossman:

Er, on this I will disagree. Good actors don't have to retire. Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman, Meryll Streep and their lkes haven't retired. They just find new roles suited to their age.

The Okonkwo guy was never really a good actor. Heck, Joke Silva can act till she's 90 and you'd still feel her any day.

Good to see you on a thread outside of football by the way.
he hasn't been able to make the transition and act age appropriate movies. That's the main problem, he still thinks he can play certain roles that are best suited for younger actors
Re: A Place In The Stars - Trailer by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
I don't understand why people are drooling over the car chase. That car chase is not one of the best parts in this trailer for me o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bleach: The Best Zanpaktou And Its Unique Characteristics / Family Guy Vs The Simpsons / What Was The First Movie You Watched In 2013?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.