Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:01 AM

Sexy Flat Tummy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sexy Flat Tummy (36245 Views)

How Can A Woman Maintain Flat Tummy After Giving Birth / Sexy Flat Tommy / Tricks For Getting A Flat Tummy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2008
The popular belief that exercising the stomach muscles alone will result in an attractive, toned tummy is very very false. You could have well developed lovely toned abdominal muscles but these muscles would still hide under the layer of fat covering them. Without exercise and the right types of food, you simply won't lose the fat that overlies your tummy. Like I said in the metabolism section, you have to burn as many calories as you are taking in, else you will not change the appearance of the fat tissue surrounding your abdominal muscles,
Now if you are thinking of spot reduction, forget it, those are myths. We cannot reduce fat from only one part of the body. When you lose body fat, you lose it from everywhere, and there is no way to target one particular area. Funny enough, the first place where we gain weight is the last place where we lose it. Once we lose fat from our body, we lose inches everywhere even where we do not want to lose such as in the breasts.--
The most important aspects to a flat tummy include
1. Diet first
2. Exercises
Unlike popular beliefs, exercises work as well, but diet modification is the most important step to losing belly fat. Just because strong abdominal muscles do not directly translate into a toned, abdomen does not mean that you should avoid exercising them.

Your diet should include the following:
1. dark green vegetables,
2. fresh fruits,
3. fish,
4. lean red meat,
5. Egg white.
6. Beans
7. Moi-Moi (Nigerian)
8. Lots and lots of water. If you can, drink a glass of water each hour.
Foods to avoid:
1. Rice
2. Pastries
3. Sugar
4. Saturated fats
5. Pizza
6. Bread
7. Chocolates
8. Pounded yam(Nigerian)
9. Eba (Nigerian)
10. Semovita (Nigerian)

Start exercising

Note please: these exercises help you to make your abs stronger, but does not reduce the layer of fat. So if u like do them 24 hours a day, they’ll only make you have strong abs, but the layer of fat still hides the abs
Aerobic and weight training will raise your metabolic rate thus making your body l burn more calories. Note that overuse of crunches will only shorten your abs, pull your head forward and gives you a bad posture. Here are some exercises:
A. Sucking the gut in: This is the easiest exercise. It works very well and is very easy to do; you could do it anywhere anyplace and anytime.
1. Exhale. Suck your gut in.
2. Maintain the contraction for 10 to 20 seconds.
3. Repeat 10 to 15 times, as often as you like throughout the day (for example while in the shower, sitting at your desk, while driving or in the bus).

there's more, go to http://africanweightloss..com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Angelheart: 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2008
Thanks. I needed this info! wink

1 Like

Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2008
there's so much more at http://trimandtrendy.blogetery.com
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by tytylayor: 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2008
Your diet should include the following:
1. dark green vegetables,
2. fresh fruits,
3. fish,
4. lean red meat,
5. Egg white.
6. Beans
7. Moi-Moi (Nigerian)
8. Lots and lots of water. If you can, drink a glass of water each hour.
Foods to avoid:
1. Rice
2. Pastries
3. Sugar
4. Saturated fats
5. Pizza
6. Bread
7. Chocolates
8. Pounded yam(Nigerian)
9. Eba (Nigerian)
10. Semovita (Nigerian)

[quote][/quote]

IF I SHUD STOP EATING ALL THIS, WAT WILL I BE EATING DEN?
although i dnt tke chocolates & pizza, but rice, bread, sugar, eba, pounded yam and even semo, nooooooo, i dnt tink i can do without dat,

anyways tnx for the info, i do try d exercise most times, i pray it works for me wink
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2008
@tytaylor,

you could sacrifice all that just for a while so you could get what you want. when i did mine, it was terrible, cos i really love eba. i was eating an egg in the morning, beans for lunch, and vegetable (without oil) for dinner. i interchanged these daily, but sundays was my break day, i had rice, eba or any other thing in small quantities. the thing is that once u start seeing the results, you would want to continue the diet. but the exercises to are very very important. so remember to combine both.

2 Likes

Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Fancier(f): 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2008
you are too much dear i just visited your site and read the once eaten, twice shy itss really an intresting and important

tip of loosing weight. keep the good work going for the OROBO(plumpy) girls out there. lol

1 Like

Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2008
thanks a lot Fancier!!!
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by tytylayor: 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2008
aiit trimandtrendy , i'll try, tnx wink
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by fittorich: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2008
well, to have and also remain sexy flat tummy u need some tips , but It is difficult to say; it depends on the size of your tummy and the way your body works. But crunches are not enough. As we have been saying all along on our website, there is no such thing as spot reduction. If you have a prominent tummy that has accumulated fat, then you need to lose that fat.

To reduce fat in our bodies, we need to do cardio exercise and eat nutritious foods in reasonable amounts. In simple palabras "burn more calories than you consume." The cardio helps to burn that stored fat and the lower calorie diet forces the body to use the accumulated fat for energy. In addition, the crunches and a total body workout (with weight training) helps the body to increase muscle mass. Muscles burn fat; fat does not burn itself so, the more muscle we have, the more fat our body uses for energy, so we lose weigh faster.

If you only do crunches, you will develop your abdominal muscles and strengthen them. This will reflect in better posture and less back problems, but you will not be able to see your abdominal muscles because they will be covered with fat. for more tips send an e-mail to wellamazerolament@yahoo.com
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by whiteroses(f): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2008
help me o, i'm slim and tall, light and considered attractive but if you see my stomach its blah, i cant afford to loose weight should I do, i just want flat tommy
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
whiteroses:

help me o, i'm slim and tall, light and considered attractive but if you see my stomach its blah, i can't afford to loose weight should I do, i just want flat tommy

tummy exercises alone would not help you o. what u can do is adjust your diet. minimise ur intake of carbohydrates and fat. Avoid fizzy drinks, sugar drinks, no more coke! try and make your diet more of proteins, beans and vegetables. the you can combine this with the tummy exercises, and little bit of cardio.
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by whiteroses(f): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2008
y thank you cheesy
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by LadyM1: 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2008
tnx for the tip.

pls i dnt get you wen u said u take egg in the morning, do u mean u bored d egg n eat it jst like dat? and how many eggs are we talking abt for breakfast?
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2008
boiled eggs. you can take 2 eggs in the morning. eggs are high in protein and dont have much calorie content. even if you take 3 eggs (without the yolk o!), its still okay. just the egg white!
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by LoveAlways(f): 3:46am On Nov 21, 2008
Foods to avoid:
1. Rice
2. Pastries
3. Sugar
4. Saturated fats
5. Pizza
6. Bread
7. Chocolates
8. Pounded yam(Nigerian)
9. Eba (Nigerian)

I eat all of this crap. sad
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by mushroomeater: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2008
awesome tips! good post. i have been thinking of trimming down some unwanted fats around my belly for i am beginning to look terrible with it
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by ekas(f): 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
while avoiding these healthy nigerian foods,we should watch out for the effects it has on our faces.
wrinkles,saggy face,drawn face,older looks,lack of freshness of the face.
eat all the Nigerian foods,we need them for energy and body building-do you want your face,breast to age while the body is slim? avoid all junk foods-they contain no healthy substance for the body.
exercise always-you will have a healthy ,fresh,young looking,slim body.
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Exstar(f): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2008
@ Post,
Thank you very much for taking yoru time out to coach the fatties,
your website is the bomb!!! But the hard part of the whole thing is
doing without the limited types of food in Nigeria, What and what do
we eat if we keep off these ones you've mentioned? I find it very difficult
to create time to go to the gym because of my hectic work schedules.
Pls, advice.
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2008
Exstar:

@ Post,
Thank you very much for taking yoru time out to coach the fatties,
your website is the bomb!!! But the hard part of the whole thing is
doing without the limited types of food in Nigeria, What and what do
we eat if we keep off these ones you've mentioned? I find it very difficult
to create time to go to the gym because of my hectic work schedules.
please, advice.

Yeah, even though the things to eat are limited, you could interchange them, to avoid getting bored with your diet. you could also have a break once a week, i.e choose a day where you would eat the foods you have been avoiding, kind of as a reward for your hard work through out the week.

You could eat eggs, beans, vegetables (try to interchange them, e.g use ugwu leaf today, next you use water leaf, etc) , bananas, apples, oranges, water melons, moi-moi, fish etc. Will come up with a new timetable for we naija chics sha. hope this helps.
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by tamai(f): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2008
Thank you, jare. I'm looking forward to seeing the time table soon.
Meanwhile, i hope to start my diet this week. Take care Y'all.
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2008
Hi everyone, the food timetable is finally out. Check our site: http://trimandtrendy.blogetery.com. Try and follow it strictly. Drop your comments if you have any difficulty, or if it works for you. don't forget that you have to compliment it with regular exercise daily. Thirty minutes in the morning and thirty minutes at night. Please note, try to take food equal to the size of your fist. If you eat moi moi ten times a week but you take about 6 wraps per meal, you won't lose any weight. thank you.
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2008
Thanks dear, been waiting for this,
but whats ur take on bran flakes like the kellogs slim flakes with slim milk and sweetners
what at Goat mea, ponmo, intestines like saki and co, are they lean meat I want to upgrade my on timetable a lil bit, and its definately staring in the new year.
Is this timetable OK for pregnant women??
thanx
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2008
Nooooooo. Don't ever try it if you're pregnant. Please, wait till after giving birth, then you could start it to help you get back to your former size. The bran flakes are awesome. they contain loads of fibre, so they help you move your bowel easily, and also fill up your tummy quickly. the slim milk, i am not a fan of. But if you must, try limit it to once a weak. The lean meat, goat meat is okay, but no intestines or shaki. Just stick to the beefy-like part of it. ponmo is very okay. Try eat as much fruits as you can. Take in loads of water, remember the exercises. Please wait till after you give birth o, the baby is more important than the shape grin. i wish you luck. When you are ready to start just contact me so we could go step by step, and in case you have any questions.
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 20, 2008
I tried the diet.
I lost weight.
Then I stopped.
I just could not abandon all those sugary foods . . . . They are too darn enticing. cry
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2008
lol. wow. i am happy to hear you lost weight, but hey, why did you stop? anyway its hard to stick to it sha. But i think you should just try and stay motivated. try to look at the end results, that should keep you motivated. I am really happy o!
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2008
You sound kind of surprised to hear that it ws effective. smiley.
Anyways,the enticing taste of fattening, sugary, greasy, junk food has always been a hinderance to my diets. Unless I get something to stiffle my appetite, I might just keep gaining those kg.s. tongue
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2008
yeah, its usually hard o. but try this. you could take lts of bananas. It helps fill up the tummy. Water melon does the same too. Then always try to drink lots and lots of water when you eat. It helps fill the tummy.
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 22, 2008
Thought banana was fattening. . . and contained cholesterol. . .is it true?
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 22, 2008
Thought banana was fattening. . . and contained cholesterol. . .is it true?
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2008
Thanks dear, I would let you know when I intend to start
What happened to pineapple in ur list?? I love pineapple and dont like bananas, and besides I thot they were fattening
What do I take with the bran flakes, if u dont think diet milk is gud, what of sweetners ??
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2008
What about Pap ( Corn meal) is it fattening without sugar n milk o?
Re: Sexy Flat Tummy by trimandtrendy(f): 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2009
SORRY everyone, i have been away. No bananas are not fattening. ITs actually a myth. Pineapples are also very good too.

I am back for good now, so expect more stuff in the site. thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can Still Get Married & Have Kids- Hiv+ Nigerian CEO Says (pictured) / My Experience As An Egg Donor / Oldest Woman In Anambra Dies At 153 Years Of Age (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.