Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State (1823 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) / Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
How bad can it get for a state that prides itself as the Treasure Base of the nation and monthly allocation running into billions of naira.
Hardly can you drive two poles without your car hitting a bad pot hole even on major roads!
No doubt, governor Amaechi tried and did a face lift to the state but his work does not come close when compared to the income of the state at his disposal. And it became worse when he started his unnecessary fight with presidency.

This is calling on him and his workers to urgently accord the roads below the needed attention.

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
The traffic on this roads can keep you for more than one hour

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
As Nigerians let be sincere, Bad roads are everywhere all around d country so bro its is no more a news.
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
ABIOLAXYZ: As Nigerians let be sincere, Bad roads are everywhere all around d country so bro its is no more a news.

So as Nigerians, we should sulk in every trash thrown at us by our supposed leaders? We provide our own water, our own security, our own light and even the smallest of social amenities that falls under govt exclusive responsibility.
This shouldn't be, we deserve better and it's my wish that things get better.
Trekking up to 30 minutes on foot to work just because your car is stuck in traffic is not not a pleasure by any means.
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
I created this thread in Politics section only to see it has been moved to Travels section.
I don't think it should be here.
We need every attention on these roads for them to get fixed.
Mods please move back to Politics section.

Thanks
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
You can't use a car here in a week without seeing the panel beater, but does the governor care, not at all. He's more engaged in APC/PDP drama!

1 Share

Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by tit(f): 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
This place is worst than Aba!
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by otokx(m): 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
Which area in Port Harcourt is this?
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by fashrola(m): 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
otokx: Which area in Port Harcourt is this?
Elenwo/Akpajo axis
...men this is the worst place in the whole of Port Harcourt in terms of bad roads and traffic jam...
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
i was gonna say Wimpy/Rumuolumeni axis. Same thing u see. when u go to Rumuodaolu, R-D Road(Rumuodara-Rumuokwurushi-Okporo Link). It's such an appalling situation. But let us also note that the surface soil of the terrain comes very soft which makes it easier for water to penetrate the asphalt layover. U can only get a road that will stand the test of time by excavating the surface soil and replace/sandfill it with freshwater white sand. This is what u now see construction companies do e.g Okporo/Artillery/Rumuodara, Odili Road, Garrison-Woji Road, Airforce-Eliozu-Airport/Omagwa Road. We cannot totally blame Rotimi for the pitiable state of the roads in PH. He ensures quality control on the roads constructed during his tenure.

NB: Pls I'm non-partisian. I do not support PDP or APC. Infact, i do not have a voter's card. Thank you
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by gbodimowo(m): 1:42am On Sep 06, 2014
You call a place RIVERS STATE & u expect the roads to be dry tah
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by otokx(m): 8:58am On Sep 07, 2014
fashrola: Elenwo/Akpajo axis
...men this is the worst place in the whole of Port Harcourt in terms of bad roads and traffic jam...

Did someone not say that road is a federal one?

Did someone say the road is under construction?
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
[Which area in Port Harcourt is this?]questn
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
otokx:

Did someone not say that road is a federal one?

Did someone say the road is under construction?

There's no construction whatsoever on this road!
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2014

Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by otokx(m): 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
Bugatie: I was in a meeting earlier this year where the governor promised to fix this road, but no the road has been completely forgotten. The hardship on the masses can only be imagined . It's exactly 6:30pm and I've been on the same spot since 5pm!

at least when you get home there will be light; that is if you stay in elelenwo.
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by Bugatie(m): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
Are u a magician brov?
But unfortunately light has not been stable in PH lately.
Re: Take A Look At These Bad Roads In Rivers State by martins0: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2014
I can understand how you feel bros, that road is in a real mess.
The other day,we spent about 3 hours at a spot

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt To Sokoto By Bus / Where And How Can I Pay SEVIS Fee? / Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.