Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users (12259 Views)

10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving / Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / Your Experiences With Nairaland Auto Dealers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Rapmoney(m): 1:41am On Aug 24, 2014
Often times, car owners get frustrated by other road users. Driving on Nigerian roads sha; na wa o!
My top 5 are:

1. Keke riders coming behind you on high speed when you are turning, and your trafficker is clearly on. They end up bruising your car. Out of every 10 cars in Delta State, 6 will have marks of white and blue on their sides (colour of keke in Delta State)and bumpers.

2. Roads normally have speed lane and slow lane. It is very annoying when I see people driving slowly on speed lane. Some will even drive in the middle, blocking every chance to overtake. You have no choice but to hoot and drive behind them; women are mostly guilty of this.

3. When someone drives recklessly in front of you and you try to correct or caution them gently, they scream, shout at you and insult you. So annoying.

4. When someone overtakes you, they look look at you spitefully as they speed past. I wonder why people do this

5.When following someone on the road, they suddenly make a turning without notifying the drivers behind by their traffickers.

Post yours let's discuss.

17 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Dubby6(m): 2:43am On Aug 24, 2014
No 4 catch me well, , since when i small if my my papa overtake u, i go just look u some how like one kind learner....na y til now my mama no dey like make i travel long distanxe with my papa cos i go dey ginger am
No 1 When i dey learn , keke guys go dey do like say dem no dey c d 'L' for my car...nearly killed one of d modafuka one day

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:06am On Aug 24, 2014
Number 1,2,3 can be solved by "driving slow" when within city, saves you from a lot of scratches and dents. Number 4 made me laugh but if you were looking straight instead of sideways u woulndt have seen the driver passing by. Number 5, well its more of a nigerian bad habit.

5 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Rapmoney(m): 5:38am On Aug 24, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Number 1,2,3 can be solved by "driving slow" when within city, saves you from a lot of scratches and dents. Number 4 made me laugh but if you were looking straight instead of sideways u woulndt have seen the driver passing by. Number 5, well its more of a nigerian bad habit.

Bro, spying with 'corner eyes' is allowed na. Na through there you go know weda e look you hatefully as e dey overtake you.

3 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Rapmoney(m): 7:37am On Jan 29, 2015
Dubby6:
No 4 catch me well, , since when i small if my my papa overtake u, i go just look u some how like one kind learner....na y til now my mama no dey like make i travel long distanxe with my papa cos i go dey ginger am
No 1 When i dey learn , keke guys go dey do like say dem no dey c d 'L' for my car...nearly killed one of d modafuka one day

Wallahi, my guy, u too funnygrin ko gbadun grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 29, 2015
My pet hates with other road users:

Scumbags driving whilst using cellphones.
Scumbags driving with their main beams on.
Scumbags driving too fast and close to the vehicle in front.
Scumbags driving with young children kneeling on the rear seat, facing backwards.
Scumbags hogging the fast lane.
Scumbags straddling 2 lanes.
Scumbags driving vehicles with dead engines, choking others with oily smoke.
Scumbags abandoning their dead vehicles on blind corners.
Scumbags driving with their hazard lights permanently on.
Scumbags driving too fast over bad roads, throwing loose gravel backwards.
Scumbags driving without their seat belts on.
Scumbags driving, and tossing cigarettes and other litter out of their vehicles.
Scumbags who brake harshly, due to non-anticipation of the road ahead.
Drivers being scumbags.
Scumbags masquerading as drivers.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by frodobee: 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
You may never know why the guy in front or behind is driving the way he does. The onus is on you to drive carefully taking cognizance of the other road users.
Imagine if my indian friend vented his anger on the other road users.

#waiting for the day Ishilove will *share my post.
Biko I get some market wey I dey sell o. Check my signature nah. God bless una.

3 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by flipboss(m): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
well
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by elantraceey(f): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
I'm not an experienced driver though but bus drivers could be very annoying.
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by hardbody: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Often times, car owners get frustrated by other road users. Driving on Nigerian roads sha; na wa o!
My top 5 are:

1. Keke riders coming behind you on high speed when you are turning, and your trafficker is clearly on. They end up bruising your car. Out of every 10 cars in Delta State, 6 will have marks of white and blue on their sides (colour of keke in Delta State)and bumpers.

2. Roads normally have speed lane and slow lane. It is very annoying when I see people driving slowly on speed lane. Some will even drive in the middle, blocking every chance to overtake. You have no choice but to hoot and drive behind them; women are mostly guilty of this.

3. When someone drives recklessly in front of you and you try to correct or caution them gently, they scream, shout at you and insult you. So annoying.

4. When someone overtakes you, they look look at you spitefully as they speed past. I wonder why people do this

5.When following someone on the road, they suddenly make a turning without notifying the drivers behind by their traffickers.

Post yours let's discuss.

where do i start from? As i type, i am running late for a meeting in d mainland, my driver is struggling, quite a number of other users are behaving as if they have no where to go
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by beniceangelo(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by tegamarro(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
JUST YESTERDAY ONE ABERO BIKE MAN THAY ACT JAMES BOND WITH MY LIFE THAY SPEED PASS TINEY ROAD INBETWEEN 2 TRIALER I JUST HOLD MY HEART FOR HAND HIANNNNNN grin

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
you are driving slowly and i want to overtake you, all of a sudden you zoomed as if you just wake up from sleep ....
so annoying ..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by nkemdi89(f): 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Driving in owerri is one hell of stress, keke no go give you chance your hand go dey for horn until you reach your destination. They stop abruptly without any sign no go douglas for day time wit your car o else you go visit panel beater.

6 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by bastien: 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Brb lemme think
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
So many
Lemme think

1: driving towards Osisioma, one randy keke was just blasting his horn behind me, I gave way, he overtook and stopped right in front of me. I swerved,kissed his bumper a bit...came out - evaluated my own car (nothing do am), entered back and zoomed off without looking @him or the passengers.

2: Going to village, one point road is spoilt...via say my car no be jeep I slowed down to wiggle into the pothole, naso one Armada use speed - enter that same pothole and jumped out (then he gave me that buy a jeep look cry) . I say shuooo! I must buy jeep o.

3: Pedestrians!! The ones in Aba are so angry especially when they see it's a lady. They would just be strolling like "hit me na, since you no get brake".
So, sometimes I hold my clutch and fire, let the car roar...you need to see them run for safety. grin

4: Those heavy-duty-vehicles behind me that come too close for comfort.
One used the ukwu of my car to do brake in PH where I went to pickup a cake. I just shut my eyes for a minute, memorised my lines, looked behind me...cake done fall-scatter.
Naso I jump out with vex, the man was already on the floor, begging...I just weak. embarassed

25 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by alphaconde(m): 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
Audi 80 and vanette bus drivers in benin, who don't have bus stops, the swerve to pick passengers anyhow.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by jkendy(m): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
I hate it wen an on coming vehicle flashes its full head light without diming while mine is dimmed to give way for safe driving

It meks me look stu:pid while driving

4 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by ichidodo: 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Road users with stunning looking front seat passengers..like hello?! Bad enough we have to look out for mad roadies but now passies,seriously??.....Road users with inappriopriate blowers..there was this one that had the sound of a wailing baby let us just say we'd love mano e mano with that dude but his vehicle was too quick...
Women Road users..no offense but we have some of the dumbest category of roadies in this group or how is it possible that some one could flip over a car whilst trying to get into a gated compound.. like upside down... Speed Racers...i understand you have a fast car but please if you want to overtake me you should have the courtesy of obtaining permission first,innit?
fast lane huggers...why stay in the fast lane with the speed of a tortoise suffering others the ignominy and inconvenience of overtaking you via the slow lane...like f**k out of my way, dude?!

2 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by bosunjohns(m): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
I hate number five with passion.
Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Teenaba(f): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mr A trying to overtake on a single lane, sees Mr B's vehicle which is on its right lane and begins to flash Mr B crazily, asking him to give way. Should Mr B drive into the bush or gully so as to allow Mr A overtake in peace? I wonder. cry

9 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
me I like telling nonsense drivers waka.....I once told an army officer waka, he chased me down to their check point and gave me the punishment of my life; since then, I've learnt how to smile at other annoying road users even if they brush my car.

I wont forget that day in a jiffy

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Year Has The Best Camry Between 2007-2011 / Upcoming Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Is Now The Fastest Production Car At The Ring / How To Take Good Care Of Your Tires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.