Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Catholic Priests That Changed The World - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests That Changed The World (39509 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by alotofgrace(m): 10:55am On Aug 24, 2014
i never knew cupernicus was a priest
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by purplesummer(f): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2014
grat1aeo:
to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful
As a child, I never understood the igbo version thus; neziem abum onye njo loghara elogha. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by nnatom: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276: My candid advice 2 all nairaland catholics: PLS STOP WORSHIPPING SISTER MARY, ABI NA ANTY MARY OR MOTHER MARY, PLS STOP WORSHIPPING HER, ONLY CHRIST SAVES, APART FRM HIM NO OTHER MEANS.
I rest my kase

your olodo too much.

how many hundreds of years them don dey tell you say Catholics no dey worship Mary, still you no hear word. u want make them break your skull,open your brain befor u go hear. I tire for u o. Abeg make I go shit jare.

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by darlingtonNYIG(m): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2014
hannesy: happy sunday
are you a UNN student or did you school there? Pls reply
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by 9jalyte: 11:01am On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad

My friend, I am ashamed of how you are locked up in the bottle of infantile. Someone was pointing at great achievements of some clergy to human development, all you can bring up is an outdated debate that has no significance. The protestants used those debates to justify their separation into a more "God-centered" religious order, ok, over the years what have they done better than the Catholics. And if I may ask, what is your business with what they believe. I hate it how Nigerians are so marooned by religion that they can not think of anything creative. Infact, my Chinese friend says it is lack of creativity that drives us to always fall on our knees asking God for our daily bread. Those priests mentioned have achieved greatness for mankind, ok, you who understands God better based on your wisdom, what is your own contribution.

We should get rid of this our intellectual shallowness and begin to work with our head. There is definitely nothing new to preach in Christianity, every adult christian knows what is sin and what is not. What we lack now is the substance to practice practical christianity, which will be a product of your resourcefulness. Just look at our campuses, the strongest student associations are the religious groups. If students can devote same energy and resource in forming cooperatives for developmental purposes, God knows where we will be today.

So please, transport your self to 2014, seems you were left behind at 1820.

17 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by chinex276(m): 11:05am On Aug 24, 2014
nnatom:

your olodo too much.

how many hundreds of years them don dey tell you say Catholics no dey worship Mary, still you no hear word. u want make them break your skull,open your brain befor u go hear. I tire for u o. Abeg make I go shit jare.
so wat do u call bowing 2 her statue, praying 2 her, asking her 2 pray 4 u wen d Bible clearly says JESUS IS D ONLY WAY 2 D FATHER, nd in d 10commandments Jesus told us not 2 bow 2 any image watsoeva.
If God would have wanted u 2 honour ur so-called moda of God, it should be written in d Bible clearly 4 every1 2 see nd practice, bt as 4 CATHOLICS,,, I jus dnt knw wat 2 say....
Pls stop living on d illusion dat u're honouring mary, u r purely worshipping d her.
Btw i am an ex-catholic, a very devouted block rosarian at dat, so u cant tell me anything abt d catholic faith.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Ignatio(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2014
QAPHAYNE: Not just through theology but also
science and philosophy. This list takes a look at ten
priests who made significant discoveries or in other ways
changed the way we think, the way we live, or the way
we believe. Ranking these religious men is very difficult
and it is impossible to place one above the
other. This is by no means to be considered a “top 10″
list as there are certainly many more equally great
religious from history to choose from.

1) FATHER GREGOR MENDEL:A pioneer in the field of genetics. He produced hybrid bees that where so ferocious they had to be destroyed. Even though an ordained catholic priest, the catholic church never fully supported his work in fact after his death his science papers were burnt by his abbot. His last words were: MY TIME WILL COME

May that time never come. Hybrid bees! Na wa o. You want to torture humanity to death. I wonder what happens when this science gets introduced to the human system.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2014
Mumu

Sermwell: Its all lies!!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by nnatom: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2014
9jalyte:

My friend, I am ashamed of how you are locked up in the bottle of infantile. Someone was pointing at great achievements of some clergy to human development, all you can bring up is an outdated debate that has no significance. The protestants used those debates to justify their separation into a more "God-centered" religious order, ok, over the years what have they done better than the Catholics. And if I may ask, what is your business with what they believe. I hate it how Nigerians are so marooned by religion that they can not think of anything creative. Infact, my Chinese friend says it is lack of creativity that drives us to always fall on our knees asking God for our daily bread. Those priests mentioned have achieved greatness for mankind, ok, you who understands God better based on your wisdom, what is your own contribution.

We should get rid of this our intellectual shallowness and begin to work with our head. There is definitely nothing new to preach in Christianity, every adult christian knows what is sin and what is not. What we lack now is the substance to practice practical christianity, which will be a product of your resourcefulness. Just look at our campuses, the strongest student associations are the religious groups. If students can devote same energy and resource in forming cooperatives for developmental purposes, God knows where we will be today.

thank you bros. tell them more and more, they lack knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 24, 2014
You can be a devoted wizard!nobody cares. now run along undecided

chinex276:
so wat do u call bowing 2 her statue, praying 2 her, asking her 2 pray 4 u wen d Bible clearly says JESUS IS D ONLY WAY 2 D FATHER, nd in d 10commandments Jesus told us not 2 bow 2 any image watsoeva.
If God would have wanted u 2 honour ur so-called moda of God, it should be written in d Bible clearly 4 every1 2 see nd practice, bt as 4 CATHOLICS,,, I jus dnt knw wat 2 say....
Pls stop living on d illusion dat u're honouring mary, u r purely worshipping d her.
Btw i am an ex-catholic, a very devouted block rosarian at dat, so u cant tell me anything abt d catholic faith.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by johnlegend01: 11:11am On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: And Jesus asked his disciples"Who do people think I am" and Peter answered 'Christ the son of God' not CHRIST THE SON OF MARY which would have been the answer of the Pharesees and Saducees(spelling not sure.) which ye think like.
Though Mary is the earthly Mother of Jesus(not disputed) but Jesus was(lived) long before Mary was conceived and according to you she was favored to Give birth to her lord.No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.How can you have the wisdom of God when ye fail to recognise Mary as the child of Jesus?As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
I have said the little I can as God is a spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth and Nothing earthly i.e Mary must be inferred to when worshipping God through Christ the father of Mary(in Spirit). sad

At first, I thought you do not believe in the Bible and Christianity. Its good you quoted the bible. Good enough, that very passage has been/is being/will be read to Catholics hears today all over the world, from the Gospel of St Mattew

Its funny how some people like to pick verses of the Bible that they think suit their arguement, whereas, these verses only complement.

Were you expecting Jesus to drop from heaven? Perhaps, if he had dropped in the midst of the Jews, they would have believed in him easily. However, he would not have been killed, a killing that guaranteed OUR salvation. He had to be born, born of a woman. Mary was chosen to have that Honour and forever will she have the Honour.

Since you sound like you are conversant with the Bible, you should know as well who pleaded with Jesus for his first miracle.

We learn everyday, its a sign that we are still alive. Widen your scope and thinking, trust me, your will be a better Christian(unless you are not).

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 24, 2014
What about Walter Ong?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by gratiaeo(m): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:
ehyaa!! I jus dey pity u
Pity your mother not me

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Arysexy(m): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2014
uzolexis:

luke 1: 41-43 "as soon as Elizabeth heard Mary's voice she was filled with the holy spirit and the baby in her womb leaped for joy and she said-Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, who am I that the mother of my lord should come to me".........enough said

Uzo am awed at ur indepth Catholic knowledge, keep it up.

Glory to Jesus

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by obayaya(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:

You were a block rosarian? And you didn't understand that Catholics honor mary? shocked

One question sir!!! Why did you leave the faith?

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by chinex276(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2014
gratiaeo:
Pity your mother not me
u dare bring my sweet mum into dis??... No wahala na, pray dat mary should 4give u, coz i already av forgiven u. Nd if i sin i'll pray directly 2 my God 4 4givene$$
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by nnatom: 11:18am On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:

so bowing means worship now. so Pple who bow to their fellow man worship them. see my brother you might be an ex-catholic and a block rosarian does not mean you understand it's teaches u know. no be every body we go school come back with knowledge u know. same might have happened to you.

look at you, now u are angry because he called your mother into this wht more of Christ.

any way this is not wht this thread is meant for.

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by chamboy(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2014
panachuku: all i knw is dat xtainity is a scam
so which one is original
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by ogbonnajoe(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: And Jesus asked his disciples"Who do people think I am" and Peter answered 'Christ the son of God' not CHRIST THE SON OF MARY which would have been the answer of the Pharesees and Saducees(spelling not sure.) which ye think like.
Though Mary is the earthly Mother of Jesus(not disputed) but Jesus was(lived) long before Mary was conceived and according to you she was favored to Give birth to her lord.No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.How can you have the wisdom of God when ye fail to recognise Mary as the child of Jesus?As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
I have said the little I can as God is a spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth and Nothing earthly i.e Mary must be inferred to when worshipping God through Christ the father of Mary(in Spirit). sad

You Atheist and Sadists think the bible is a mere literary work that you can interpret with your little brain. Ask the holy Spirit and he will teach you the mystery of the nativity of Christ through Mary. If the holy spirit directs you to me, I will gladly help you see Gods light. .............. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by chinex276(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2014
obayaya:

You were a block rosarian? And you didn't understand that Catholics honor mary? shocked

One question sir!!! Why did you leave the faith?
coz i feel guilty weneva i bow 2 d statue of mary,although catholic will tell u dat dey honour mary bt dey do it lyk she's a goddess. If dats hw 2 honour some1, build a statue of ur loved 1 dats dead nd bow 2 it every morning, nd call it honouring. Btw i did all dat out of ignorance, bt now i know d truth.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by fapcrook(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2014
panachuku: all i knw is dat xtainity is a scam
everybody pls check panachukus prifile pix oo, wetin u see ooo
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by hannesy(f): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2014
darlingtonNYIG: are you a UNN student or did you school there? Pls reply
still a student,wat apen
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by hannesy(f): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2014
fapcrook: everybody pls check panachukus prifile pix oo, wetin u see ooo
lol dnt even knw d name
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by chinex276(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2014
nnatom:

so bowing means worship now. so Pple who bow to their fellow man worship them. see my brother you might be an ex-catholic and a block rosarian does not mean you understand it's teaches u know. no be every body we go school come back with knowledge u know. same might have happened to you.

any way this is not wht this thread is meant for.
pls try reading more of d Bible nd not bulletins, u'll understand wat it means by worshipping someone. Now tell me wats d aim of d block rosary? Wat do they do everyday wen they gather? Wat type of songs do they sing? Did Jesus command his disciples|followers 2 honour his mother? Or hold prayer session 2 her 4 d interseccesion of sins? Pls read d Bible nd b informed. D cactizim buk only teach of catholic doctrines, nd nt d Bible.
I rest my kase again.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by obayaya(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:
coz i feel guilty weneva i bow 2 d statue of mary,although catholic will tell u dat dey honour mary bt dey do it lyk she's a goddess. If dats hw 2 honour some1, build a statue of ur loved 1 dats dead nd bow 2 it every morning, nd call it honouring. Btw i did all dat out of ignorance, bt now i know d truth.

One more question!!!

Do you bow to your parents while greeting them? Do you bow to your pastor? Do you have a picture of your pastor anywhere in your house? a portrait or a sticker?

I wanna believe your experience as a block rosarian was as a kid. I dare say you never really understood the words you said back then.

But then, I congratulate you on finding the "Truth". But your truth doesn't make our truth (the Catholics' truth) wrong. So quit the criticism.

The Catholics honour Mary. Believe it or not

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by uzolexis(f): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2014
Arysexy:

Uzo am awed at ur indepth Catholic knowledge, keep it up.

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary smiley smiley

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by almasterpiece(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2014
Nicolas Steno founder of modern geology

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Duplik8t77(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2014
9jalyte:

gbam!! u have said it all bro.I just hate when these shallow minded protestant critisize the catholic church

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Artorius(m): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2014
QAPHAYNE: 3) THOMAS AQUINAS: Atheists will definitely know this guy, this guy defied his family to join the DOMINICAN ORDER his SUMMA THEOLOGICA is still used in the seminary till date. He is the PATRON SAINTS OF STUDENTS. his family once locked him in a tower, sent in a prostitute just to prevent him from being a priestgrin
my patron saint
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by johnlegend01: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:

Good for you. Please, dont come back to Catholic Church when you meet your waterloo!

Let Catholics do whatever, its none of your business now, is it?

All these "I have seen the light" people sef.

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by chinex276(m): 11:46am On Aug 24, 2014
obayaya:

One more question!!!

Do you bow to your parents while greeting them? Do you bow to your pastor? Do you have a picture of your pastor anywhere in your house? a portrait or a sticker?

I wanna believe your experience as a block rosarian was as a kid. I dare say you never really understood the words you said back then.

But then, I congratulate you on finding the "Truth". But your truth doesn't make our truth (the Catholics' truth) wrong. So quit the criticism.

The Catholics honour Mary. Believe it or not

so is it adviceable 4 u 2 ask some1 2 ask God 2 4give u ur sins? Jesus said in D Bible that "i am d way d truth nd d life, no1 comes 2 d fada except through me" hey dude, d CATHOLICS WOSHIPs MARY! take it or leave it.
Jus know dat i am nt trying 2 deviate u frm ur belief,my family r catholics nd its totaly impossible 2 rubbish wat dey already believed. I gess only God knows d truth abt everything u can choose 2 worship him in anyway dat pleases u. God knows his own, nd ond d last day every1 would be shocked, i jus pray we don't run dis heavenly race 4 nothing....
#PRAISEtheLORD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Major Things Ruining Young People Today / Atiku/Buhari: When You Lose Don't Go To Court, Go Home, Apostle Suleman / Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.