Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Islam And Igbos!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And Igbos!!! (1808 Views)

The True Standard - Understanding Islam And The Muslims / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria / Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Igbos!!! by Rex123(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
Why do Igbos find it difficult to accept an Igbo person who changes his faith and becomes a muslim? Is there a historical reason or tradition that makes them not support the conversion of a member of their clan to Islam?
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Amdayburh(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
Not every body thinks in d ryt direction..Islam is a beautiful religion nd i love it...m a Christian tho..

1 Like

Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by coolebux(m): 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
Amdayburh:
Not every body thinks in d ryt direction..Islam is a beautiful religion nd i love it...m a Christian tho..

Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Amdayburh(m): 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=coolebux post=37999300][/quote] i see a fake nigga..
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by tartar9(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
because they only deal with fake things

1 Like

Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2015
It's natural bro. Human nature.
We all awe at something that's unusual cheesy
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by dalaman: 6:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hausa muslims also don't accept people that convert to christianity from islam. In fact they can harm or kill them. Apostasy is a crime in the Hausa states that practice sharia.
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
dalaman:
Hausa muslims also don't accept people that convert to christianity from islam. In fact they can harm or kill them. Apostasy is a crime in the Hausa states that practice sharia.
are you talking out of hearsay, or you've witnessed it yourself(be sincere pls)
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by dalaman: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
lexiconkabir:
are you talking out of hearsay, or you've witnessed it yourself(be sincere pls)

Apostasy by default is a crime under sharia.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/03/nigerian-man-insane-atheist-bala-islam
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
dalaman:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/03/nigerian-man-insane-atheist-bala-islam
well, the site didnt show a single place where the shariah was used on him because he left islam rather it was just his family that was unhappy with him(ofcourse its normal), and sir you are wrong for thinking that the shariah supports harming or killing of apostates, please visit this thread, and read the op carefully, it will change your view about apostacy in islam, and i urge you to read the op with unbiasedness. thank you!
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by jcross19: 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
dalaman:

he will not reply you anymore.
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
jcross19:
he will not reply you anymore.
<<<<<<<
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by jcross19: 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
lexiconkabir:
<<<<<<<
gworo eating teeth.
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
jcross19:
gworo eating teeth.
you never seize to amaze me, always being childish, just <<<<<

1 Like

Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by jcross19: 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
lexiconkabir:
you never seize to amaze me, always being childish, just <<<<<
"k".
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by enilove(m): 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
Islam is the devil's own religion to take people to hell . There is nothing good about Islam. The religion was spread by violence and the true Muslims world wide are trying to spread it now by violence but people think or call it terrorism.

God has nothing to do with Islam or Muhammed .
I was also a Muslim but ,by the grace of God , I am now a Christian and not just anyhow Christian but a true Christian .

Please , if you are reading this my post and you are a Muslim , do not take this as an offence or opportunity to argue, kindly ask yourself ,IS CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM FROM THE SAME GOD?
You will discover that we serve diff God but Islam claims we serve the same God and also claim we serve diff God. Why ? You need to read your Quran from d beginning to the end and some hadith then you will discover that Islam is satanic and it is evident in all the Islamic nations right now , they are violent people and shedding of innocent blood for Islam is nothing to them.

The "Kaaba" is housing an idol which you have been asked to face and pray to . That is why those on hajj have to go round it 7 times and kiss a BLACK STONE planted on the wall of the Kaaba whenever they complete each circle. Do they allow people to see what is inside the Kaaba? What is special about a house that will make them to cloth it with a black cloth and make people to circumvent it as well as face it while praying ? That is pure idol worshipping in disguise.

Also look critically at the life history of Muhammed , if you are a child of God , you will know that he had nothing to do with God . That was why he could marry his adopted son's wife and the fake god allowed him.
Jesus said:

Matthew 5:31-32 KJV
It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: [32] But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The standard of God does not change and God is no respecter of persons and not God that confuses.
According to this word of our Lord Jesus,which God gave him, Muhammed committed adultery and allah did not know or he forgot that it was an act of adultery and, definitely ,was not the one that gave Jesus Christ the commandment.
Jesus said:
Mark 10:9 KJV
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Also,

God told Abraham:
Genesis 17:15-21 KJV
And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be . [16] And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her. [17] Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? [18] And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee! [19] And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. [20] And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. [21] But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
Genesis 21:10-12 KJV
Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac. [11] And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son. [12] And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

This revelation was given to d Israelites ever b4 there was anything called Islam and the Israelites are descendants of Isaac , who is the promised child by which the Messiah must come to save the whole world .Muhammed was a descendant of ishmael who was sent away by Abraham because God had no plan to save the world through him or his religion ( Islam )

God said "EVERLASTING COVENANT" .

For you not not to miss the divine plan of God for your salvation, pray to God to show you which is His true way of salvation b4 it is too late for you.

May we not know the truth "when it is too late", in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Rex123(m): 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
I don't care whether Islam is the true way or not, my concern is that Igbos have this disbelief when they hear an Igbo has converted to Islam! Why?

1 Like

Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Demmzy15(m): 6:19am On Sep 15, 2015
jcross19:
gworo eating teeth.
Leprosy Yeebhoe boy!
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Demmzy15(m): 6:20am On Sep 15, 2015
enilove:
[s]Islam is the devil's own religion to take people to hell . There is nothing good about Islam. The religion was spread by violence and the true Muslims world wide are trying to spread it now by violence but people think or call it terrorism.

I was also a Muslim but ,by the grace of God , I am now a Christian and not just anyhow Christian but a true Christian .

Please , if you are reading this my post and you are a Muslim , do not take this as an offence or opportunity to argue, kindly ask yourself ,IS CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM FROM THE SAME GOD?
You will discover that we serve diff God but Islam claims we serve the same God and also claim we serve diff God. Why ? You need to read your Quran from d beginning to the end and some hadith then you will discover that Islam is satanic and it is evident in all the Islamic nations right now , they are violent people and shedding of innocent blood for Islam is nothing to them.

The "Kaaba" is housing an idol which you have been asked to face and pray to . That is why those on hajj have to go round it 7 times and kiss a BLACK STONE planted on the wall of the Kaaba whenever they complete each circle. Do they allow people to see what is inside the Kaaba? What is special about a house that will make them to cloth it with a black cloth and make people to circumvent it as well as face it while praying ? That is pure idol worshipping in disguise.

Also look critically at the life history of Muhammed , if you are a child of God , you will know that he had nothing to do with God . That was why he could marry his adopted son's wife and the fake god allowed him.
Jesus said:

It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: [32] But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The standard of God does not change and God is no respecter of persons and not God that confuses.
According to this word of our Lord Jesus,which God gave him, Muhammed committed adultery and allah did not know or he forgot that it was an act of adultery and, definitely ,was not the one that gave Jesus Christ the commandment.
Jesus said:

Also,

God told Abraham:
And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be . [16] And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her. [17] Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? [18] And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee! [19] And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. [20] And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. [21] But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac. [11] And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son. [12] And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

This revelation was given to d Israelites ever b4 there was anything called Islam and the Israelites are descendants of Isaac , who is the promised child by which the Messiah must come to save the whole world .Muhammed was a descendant of ishmael who was sent away by Abraham because God had no plan to save the world through him or his religion ( Islam )

For you not not to miss the divine plan of God for your salvation, pray to God to show you which is His true way of salvation b4 it is too late for you.

May we not know the truth "when it is too late", in Jesus name.[/s]
Christians e-jihadist, he asked a simple question, what's the meaning of this crap? undecided

1 Like

Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Demmzy15(m): 6:22am On Sep 15, 2015
Rex123:
I don't care whether Islam is the true way or not, my concern is that Igbos have this disbelief when they hear an Igbo has converted to Islam! Why?
I seriously don't know why, but I've seen 3 Igbo Muslims. One came to preach and the other two are my friends. The all converted with their parents, they're very nice actually!
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by malvisguy212: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2015
Surah 4:89:They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing as they: But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). BUT IF THEY TURN RENEGADES, SIZE THEM AND SLAY THEM WHEREVER YE FIND THEM .” (Yusuf Ali)

According to the Qur’an, those who
became Muslims and then renegades or
deserts the religion of Islam is be killed.
The greatest threat to apostates in the
Muslim world comes not from the state,
but from private individuals. In fact, it is
the duty of all faithful Muslims to kill
apostates. Yet again, we can see that
Allah has given individual Muslims the
right to act as executioners.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52,
Number 260:
Narrated Ikrima: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn ‘Abbas, who said, “Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, ‘Don’t punish (anybody) with Allah’s Punishment.’ No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, ‘IF SOMEBODY (A MUSLIM) DISCARD HIS RELIGION , KILL HIM.’

In Islam, not only Muslims who leave
Islam are considered as apostates but
also those whose behavior goes contrary
to the teachings of the Qur’an may be
considered as such. Muhammad even
had a man executed for consuming
alcohol.

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number
4467:
Narrated Mu’awiyah ibn AbuSufyan:
The Prophet said: If they (the people)
drink wine, flog them, again if they
drink it, flog them. Again if they drink
it, kILL THEM.

“A 25-year-old Palestinian who hanged
his sister with a rope: ‘I did not kill her,
but rather helped her to commit
suicide and to carry out the death
penalty she sentenced herself to. I did
it to wash with her blood the family
honor that was violated because of her
and in response to the will of society
that would not have had any mercy on
me if I didn’t. Society taught us from
childhood that blood is the only
solution to wash the honor.’”

“In Pakistan, Samia Sarwar, 29, mother
of two boys aged 4 and 8, was shot
dead in lawyer Hina Jillani’s office by a
bearded man accompanying her
mother and uncle. ‘He’s my helper, I
can’t walk,’ said the mother, when Hina
told the two men to get out. As the
mother went to sit down in front of
Hina’s desk, and Samia stood up from
her chair, the bearded man whipped
out a pistol from his waistcoat and shot
Samia in the head, killing her
instantly.”

Abu Qash, Palestine: Amira Abu
Hanhan Qaoud (mother of 9 children)
killed her daughter ‘Rofayda Qaoud’
who had been raped by her brothers
and was impregnated. Armed with a
plastic bag, razor and wooden stick,
Qaoud entered her sleeping daughter’s
room last Jan. 27, 2003. “Tonight you
die, Rofayda,” she told the girl, before
wrapping the bag tightly around her
head. Next, Qaoud sliced Rofayda’s
wrists, ignoring her muffled pleas of
“No, mother, no!” After her daughter
went limp, Qaoud struck her in the
head with the stick. The 43-year-old
mother of nine said. “I had to protect
my children. This is the only way I
could protect my family’s honor.”
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Demmzy15(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
[s]Surah 4:89:They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing as they: But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). BUT IF THEY TURN RENEGADES, SIZE THEM AND SLAY THEM WHEREVER YE FIND THEM .” (Yusuf Ali)

According to the Qur’an, those who
became Muslims and then renegades or
deserts the religion of Islam is be killed.
The greatest threat to apostates in the
Muslim world comes not from the state,
but from private individuals. In fact, it is
the duty of all faithful Muslims to kill
apostates. Yet again, we can see that
Allah has given individual Muslims the
right to act as executioners.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52,
Number 260:
Narrated Ikrima: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn ‘Abbas, who said, “Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, ‘Don’t punish (anybody) with Allah’s Punishment.’ No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, ‘IF SOMEBODY (A MUSLIM) DISCARD HIS RELIGION , KILL HIM.’

In Islam, not only Muslims who leave
Islam are considered as apostates but
also those whose behavior goes contrary
to the teachings of the Qur’an may be
considered as such. Muhammad even
had a man executed for consuming
alcohol.

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number
4467:
Narrated Mu’awiyah ibn AbuSufyan:
The Prophet said: If they (the people)
drink wine, flog them, again if they
drink it, flog them. Again if they drink
it, kILL THEM.

“A 25-year-old Palestinian who hanged
his sister with a rope: ‘I did not kill her,
but rather helped her to commit
suicide and to carry out the death
penalty she sentenced herself to. I did
it to wash with her blood the family
honor that was violated because of her
and in response to the will of society
that would not have had any mercy on
me if I didn’t. Society taught us from
childhood that blood is the only
solution to wash the honor.’”

“In Pakistan, Samia Sarwar, 29, mother
of two boys aged 4 and 8, was shot
dead in lawyer Hina Jillani’s office by a
bearded man accompanying her
mother and uncle. ‘He’s my helper, I
can’t walk,’ said the mother, when Hina
told the two men to get out. As the
mother went to sit down in front of
Hina’s desk, and Samia stood up from
her chair, the bearded man whipped
out a pistol from his waistcoat and shot
Samia in the head, killing her
instantly.”

Abu Qash, Palestine: Amira Abu
Hanhan Qaoud (mother of 9 children)
killed her daughter ‘Rofayda Qaoud’
who had been raped by her brothers
and was impregnated. Armed with a
plastic bag, razor and wooden stick,
Qaoud entered her sleeping daughter’s
room last Jan. 27, 2003. “Tonight you
die, Rofayda,” she told the girl, before
wrapping the bag tightly around her
head. Next, Qaoud sliced Rofayda’s
wrists, ignoring her muffled pleas of
“No, mother, no!” After her daughter
went limp, Qaoud struck her in the
head with the stick. The 43-year-old
mother of nine said. “I had to protect
my children. This is the only way I
could protect my family’s honor.”[/s]

Ode! The thread is about Igbos and Islam, you like showing yourself too much! undecided
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by tartar9(m): 11:17am On Sep 15, 2015
enilove:
[s]Islam is the devil's own religion to take people to hell . There is nothing good about Islam. The religion was spread by violence and the true Muslims world wide are trying to spread it now by violence but people think or call it terrorism.

Jesus said:

Jesus said:

Also,

God told Abraham:

May we not know the truth "when it is too late", in Jesus name.
truth[/s]
sharrap! Igbo woman

1 Like

Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by plaetton: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
Rex123:
Why do Igbos find it difficult to accept an Igbo person who changes his faith and becomes a muslim? Is there a historical reason or tradition that makes them not support the conversion of a member of their clan to Islam?

Correction sir.

Your question is misleading, and sends a wrong message about Igbo people.

The issue is less about about Igbos accepting muslim converts, and much more about Abrahamic religions being very paranoid and intollerant about a person exercising Freewill and free choice.

Do not forget that Igbo were completely duped into buying christianity at wholesale price.
Therefore, they are completely shackled and beholden to the christian faith, notably the Catholic version.

Since Islam is known to be another Abrahamic faith that spreads through sword and blood, it is naturally surprising to Christian faithfuls, in this case, christian Igbos, that one anyone would make a free choice to accept Islam.

This, in my opinion, would make Igbo muslims the truer and more bona fide muslims, because, unlike those that had no choice in being muslim, the Igbo muslims actually studied, analyzed, and made a FREE CHOICE of SUBMISSION to will of god via prophet Mohammed.
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Rex123:

I think its the method of Islam and the understanding of it. Islam is inherently not really peaceful and the Igbos have come to look at any convert with a similar eyes. The average Christian look at the Muslim like a potential terrorist even though it is not usually so.

Then the events prior to the civil war where the Easterners were maimed in large numbers in the north and Military murder of the Light-Skinned(the igbos). And the idea of the north is that they all are Hausas and Muslims, though erroneous.
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
plaetton:

Since Islam is known to be another Abrahamic faith that spreads through sword and blood, it is naturally surprising to Christian faithfuls, in this case, christian Igbos, that one anyone would make a free choice to accept Islam.
I agree with this point.
Re: Islam And Igbos!!! by Rex123(m): 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
plaetton:

Correction sir.

Your question is misleading, and sends a wrong message about Igbo people.

The issue is less about about Igbos accepting muslim converts, and much more about Abrahamic religions being very paranoid and intollerant about a person exercising Freewill and free choice.

Do not forget that Igbo were completely duped into buying christianity at wholesale price.
Therefore, they are completely shackled and beholden to the christian faith, notably the Catholic version.

This, in my opinion, would make Igbo muslims the truer and more bona fide muslims, because, unlike those that had no choice in being muslim, the Igbo muslims actually studied, analyzed, and made a FREE CHOICE of SUBMISSION to will of god via prophet Mohammed.

I understand your point, these days I read with disbelief at how igbo peeps react when they hear their kin convert to islam!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Narrowly Escapes Death / Once Saved Always Saved? / Why All Atheists Must Believe In The Existence Of A Supernatural Plumber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.