Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences (39510 Views)

20 Of The Most Influential Images Of All Time / 20 Most Amazing Coincidences!!!! / 5 Creepy Coincidences You Won't Believe Actually Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by makizee(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
koastar: [b] I had some experiences which are coincidental but I really don't know if they are beyond physical

One day sometimes in 2007, I was on a field work on public health in Oshodi Lagos state and after the day's work around 4pm, decided to get some things for myself. I had N5000 with me & I was passing through the busy road, two guys approached me & wanted to rob me I challenged them & before I could help myself to escape, they became 8 in number & pushed me towards a wall. I screamed for help as one of them was busy throwing several punches on my stomach but no one was bold to come to my rescue as busy as the place was. People gathered some 10meters away watching & I realised I was alone all for myself so I started shouting "mo ti ku ooo..." (I don die ooo...). At that point, I saw a very fair middle aged woman all in white blouse & wrapper (dressed in iro & buba) like "yeye Osun" with a "shekere" (I don't know the English name) in her hands saying "oni ku ooo, wa ye..." (you won't die, you will live..). She was the only one that came close walking up & down in front of me chatting her words while shaking her "shekere". It seemed I was the only person that noticed her presence because non of my assailants did as if they saw or noticed her.
About 3yrs later around 2010, I boarded a bus from Mararaba to Wuse for N200. Because there was a bomb blast the previous day in the city, soldiers moulted a check point along AYA- Karu road which caused a lot of traffic hold-up. We spent over 3hrs moving from Mararaba to Karu where we finally met traffic stand still so, I decided to call my office that I wouldn't be coming again so, I alighted from the bus. Meanwhile, the conductor had already collected the monies & was still owing me N300 balance but since I didn't reach my destination, I asked him to take N100 out of the N500 I gave him & give me N400 balance after all, on a normal day Mararaba to Karu is N50. Instead, he removed N200 and gave me N300 balance which I rejected.
This led to an argument between us and he claimed It's my own decision not to get to the final bus stop & that he would charge his normal T- fair. When the argument became intensed, I notice a very fair woman in her middle age dressed in same white iro & buba like yeye Osun approached the conductor and asked him to give me N400 balance that is unfair for him to charge me N200 for the short distance. The conductor complied & I left the scene but after some few steps away, I remembered the coincidence of that woman so I quickly went back to the scene to check for her, but on getting there, I didn't see her but other people who were around during the argument.
Till today, I can't say if this is just coincidence or beyond physical. [/b]

Congratulations, Yeye Oshun is your guardian angel
Cheers...

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by jeamie(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
My first girlfriend and my current girlfriend are actually sisters...

undecided undecided tongue
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Evathyst: Hmmmnnnn! ds exactly what happens to me at tyms. Later, I realised dt telling pple about it or trying to seek help 4rm such mystery made me lost dt gift. Bt now, I've regained it. Never wil I lose dt gift again. So, Bro, stop telling pple about it if u dnt wana lose dt gift.

I agree with you,

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
mekula: I had the exact same dream with my brother the same night. No difference whatsoever. This has happened twice so far, once as kids, and once grown up.

amazing, sometime in 2007 i had same dream for 5 (five) consecutive days, every nite i sleep i see myself same place, the next day i will see my self there again and activities continues from where i woke up the previous day. after the fifth day i became bit scared and out of fear on the same day i opened up and told the story to friends and from that day it stopped... ...i miss that dream, very good, caring and loving people that i always taught it was real until i woke up.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Edunwa302(m): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
nickz: WoW!! the only coincidence i need now is billgates mistaken his sons account number for MINE
hahahah ole
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by naturally: 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
slimyem: I fell into a ditch about 4 years ago at ijesha,surulere.
I told my dad the story and coincidentally,he too fell into a ditch at the same ijeshatedo years ago when he was about my age. undecided

Don't let your son go near the ditch grin

2 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by naturally: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
mrarranger:

Eyaaa,sorry ooo. God/Allah will provide anoda 4 u

You can arrange 1 for him or are you not into arrangee? shocked
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Edunwa302(m): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=trekkie]mine happened quite a while ago. I was at obalende bus stop and you know how crowded it can be. so as I was walking along the road I saw my friends brother and since we all were close I called out to him excitedly to say hi but he did not look back. so I set off after him but every time I got closer I will just see him in front.

so I when I got home I was telling a.mutual friend angrily that why is he being so arrogant...... I just dey vex, dey vibrate say if I see him eh?! I saw my friend just look me in shock come ask me say am I sure... I said ah ah person way I sabi like my own brother.... as I was fuming she quietly said. " he is dead" and his burial was that very morning I saw him. he was being buried at that same time.

true story.

***not really in coincidence category but definitely filed in my mind under "s" for spooky[/quote
r u serious my dad ones told me something like this one
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by ladyfeli(f): 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
LordRahl001: honestly, I was expecting ds on dat list!! Juxt wanted to be sure no one has posted it before I post again!! This is 1 hell of a coincidence!b!! Thumbs up dear!!
Lolz.. DM go fear coincidence na
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by ladyfeli(f): 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
LordRahl001: honestly, I was expecting ds on dat list!! Juxt wanted to be sure no one has posted it before I post again!! This is 1 hell of a coincidence!b!! Thumbs up dear!!
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
koastar: [b] I had some experiences which are coincidental but I really don't know if they are beyond physical

One day sometimes in 2007, I was on a field work on public health in Oshodi Lagos state and after the day's work around 4pm, decided to get some things for myself. I had N5000 with me & I was passing through the busy road, two guys approached me & wanted to rob me I challenged them & before I could help myself to escape, they became 8 in number & pushed me towards a wall. I screamed for help as one of them was busy throwing several punches on my stomach but no one was bold to come to my rescue as busy as the place was. People gathered some 10meters away watching & I realised I was alone all for myself so I started shouting "mo ti ku ooo..." (I don die ooo...). At that point, I saw a very fair middle aged woman all in white blouse & wrapper (dressed in iro & buba) like "yeye Osun" with a "shekere" (I don't know the English name) in her hands saying "oni ku ooo, wa ye..." (you won't die, you will live..). She was the only one that came close walking up & down in front of me chatting her words while shaking her "shekere". It seemed I was the only person that noticed her presence because non of my assailants did as if they saw or noticed her.
About 3yrs later around 2010, I boarded a bus from Mararaba to Wuse for N200. Because there was a bomb blast the previous day in the city, soldiers moulted a check point along AYA- Karu road which caused a lot of traffic hold-up. We spent over 3hrs moving from Mararaba to Karu where we finally met traffic stand still so, I decided to call my office that I wouldn't be coming again so, I alighted from the bus. Meanwhile, the conductor had already collected the monies & was still owing me N300 balance but since I didn't reach my destination, I asked him to take N100 out of the N500 I gave him & give me N400 balance after all, on a normal day Mararaba to Karu is N50. Instead, he removed N200 and gave me N300 balance which I rejected.
This led to an argument between us and he claimed It's my own decision not to get to the final bus stop & that he would charge his normal T- fair. When the argument became intensed, I notice a very fair woman in her middle age dressed in same white iro & buba like yeye Osun approached the conductor and asked him to give me N400 balance that is unfair for him to charge me N200 for the short distance. The conductor complied & I left the scene but after some few steps away, I remembered the coincidence of that woman so I quickly went back to the scene to check for her, but on getting there, I didn't see her but other people who were around during the argument.
Till today, I can't say if this is just coincidence or beyond physical. [/b]

I had quite a similar experience as a teenager. one time while at airport road, Benin city, I was about to cross the road. I was already a few feet in when a bus from a left adjoining street suddenly popped out of nowhere heading for me with full speed! I was so startled, I couldn't move and just then, a man pulled me back sharply. After saving me from certain death, he told me something. he said "it is better to be late, than be the late". Just then he turned towards airport road and started walking while I retreated back to a safe position. I only walked a distance of maximum 12inches, just like 3 steps. I turned back to look at the man and he was no where to be found. those who know airport road in Benin wud know dat if someone was walking in the same direction as you, u will see the person for at least 1km as it is one of the most major roads in the city. it was then I remembered that I was also not standing with anybody at that junction as at the time I was crossing!

3 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by oxyG: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
bunmioguns: This is what we call... Original gobe in fact igwe must hear this...
o boy,this your pics came from opposite academy ,market,Ibadan
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by mrarranger: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
naturally:

You can arrange 1 for him or are you not into arrangee? shocked

He should first show his interest and the rest will be mine to take care of
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by magmama(f): 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
I met a guy in 2006 on my way to Delta State during my service year. We share same birth date, we were both last babies of our families, same family background, he had lost his mum, I lost my dad too, we were both Gemini (Star) so we love and hate same things.
We tried relationship but it didn't work out cos we have same temperaments.
These things happen and I believe some of the stories I've read here.
Nice one at OP.

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
makizee:

Congratulations, Yeye Oshun is your guardian angel
Cheers...
I didn't mean the woman is certainly yeye Osun but her dressing looks like them. Till today I can't tell her face but her dressing & complexion are all I know. I wish I could know the true identity of the woman and why she's always present at such particular times
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by okzcorp: 12:25am On Aug 26, 2014
austinoeze: see as una just de disgrace una selves with lie..una just de offend eachoda with lie..de open una nyash 4 internet...soteh na me shame con de catch. ukpa!
Op ur name na Elias Linus Laye

Ignorant Comment/Likes. The OP stated his sources in a bracket? Do your part and research thoroughly rather than call him a Liar.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by touchmeder: 1:50am On Aug 26, 2014
y u nor arrange this your post well nah? I love reading stuff like this but this one just taya me.
follow topic until a time when i get more strength.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by faithboi: 1:54am On Aug 26, 2014
okzcorp:

Ignorant Comment/Likes. The OP stated his sources in a bracket? Do your part and research thoroughly rather than call him a Liar.

magmama:
These things happen and I believe some of the stories I've read here.
Nice one at OP.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 26, 2014
mightyfada: This actually reminds of Final Destination... which they could continue

Those who write films usually get their ideas from true life stories.

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 26, 2014
Femosticap:

I had quite a similar experience as a teenager. one time while at airport road, Benin city, I was about to cross the road. I was already a few feet in when a bus from a left adjoining street suddenly popped out of nowhere heading for me with full speed! I was so startled, I couldn't move and just then, a man pulled me back sharply. After saving me from certain death, he told me something. he said "it is better to be late, than be the late". Just then he turned towards airport road and started walking while I retreated back to a safe position. I only walked a distance of maximum 12inches, just like 3 steps. I turned back to look at the man and he was no where to be found. those who know airport road in Benin wud know dat if someone was walking in the same direction as you, u will see the person for at least 1km as it is one of the most major roads in the city. it was then I remembered that I was also not standing with anybody at that junction as at the time I was crossing!

Angelic visitation. It means God has plans for your life.

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Jekole(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2014
Final destination things
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by akpanakwaibom: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2014
nice work op.let se state my own i had a dream this morning.in my dream i saw this lady coming towards me in the other side of the then she crossed to where i was and started working towards me.and this morning i saw the same lady on my on side of the road later she crossed to the other side and continue her journey
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
smurfy:

Angelic visitation. It means God has plans for your life.
wow! Yes... God will help us achieve all He has destined us to achieve in Jesus name, AMEN! Thanks... smiley
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by ShakurM(m): 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
aywhy93:

LOL... Maybe, but for real... I can't just go for her, she's okay but not my type.
Baba oo! So what's ur type?
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by MissyJulezz96(f): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Scyllapatron: *a
woman missed her flight, the flight took off and crashed in the midair
5mins after take off killing everyone on board, the woman took an
airport taxi to return home, a big lorry hit the taxi at a junction
killing only the woman.

she could not escape her turn
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by MissyJulezz96(f): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Scyllapatron: *a
woman missed her flight, the flight took off and crashed in the midair
5mins after take off killing everyone on board, the woman took an
airport taxi to return home, a big lorry hit the taxi at a junction
killing only the woman.

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by aywhy93(m): 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
ShakurM: Baba oo! So what's ur type?

I don't even know how to describe my type but it's the spirit that sha guide me... You know grin
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by ShakurM(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
aywhy93:

I don't even know how to describe my type but it's the spirit that sha guide me... You know grin
Alright bro! Kool guy !
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by trekkie: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=Edunwa302][/quote]

men .... as in dead serious oh.....
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by SenatorJames(m): 5:22am On Aug 27, 2014
The world is really full of great myseries!!!
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
slimyem: I fell into a ditch about 4 years ago at ijesha,surulere.
I told my dad the story and coincidentally,he too fell into a ditch at the same ijeshatedo years ago when he was about my age. undecided
Hey Slim, how ya been? Long time no see. Hope you're good?
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by slimyem: 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
freshdude2: Hey Slim, how ya been? Long time no see. Hope you're good?
sure!
Very good. Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couple Going Home From Work Die In Fatal Accident In Ekiti State. Graphic Photos / Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island / 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.