Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Chasing Classic Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chasing Classic Cars (1776 Views)

Classic Cars: 1972 Honda Civic. / Chasing Classic Cars In Nigeria / Innoson Classic Cars Out In The Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2014
Hi everyone, i am looking for a VW Kombi Bus 1958, is it possible to find this vehicle in Nigeria? I have found some online but they are outside the country, i know there is some restrictions on the age of cars allowed into the country, i would like to know if this restrictions affect classic cars too.

I have spoken to a few agents and i am not convinced yet, please share if you have imported something like this in the past.

Please share pictures or your experience with classic cars or if there is one rotting away in some backyard.

Pictures of the VW Kombi Bus below.

Cc naptu2, Ikenna351, AmericanCar, mayor2013, Jaguar1, Siena
CarXus, , Marpol, femmy2010 and all.

Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2014
Wow! You've just got to love the Bolkswagen Split Screen (Splitty). cool

There is NO age restriction on importing commercial vehicles into Nigeria, which the Splitty qualifies as.

There are quite a few LHD vans here in the UK, and of course a whole bunch more in Europe. The age old question's got to be asked though - how interested are you in getting one of these fairly rare gems?
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2014
if you have also refurbished a classic car, please share how easy/difficult was it to get parts and skilled mechanic.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2014
Siena: Wow! You've just hot to love the Bolkswagen Split Screen (Splitty). cool

There is NO age restriction on importing commercial vehicles into Nigeria, which the Splitty qualifies as.

There are quite a few LHD vans here in the UK, and of course a whole bunch more in Europe. The age old question's got to be asked though - how interested are you in getting one of these fairly rare gems?
Thanks for your response bro, i am pretty interested in getting one, a friend in Belgium has found quite a few for me, but we have been worried about shipping restrictions, i am glad to hear its possible.

I will also like to be part of the whole revamping process, if possible here in Nigeria.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 24, 2014
Obiagelli: I will also like to be part of the whole revamping process, if possible here in Nigeria.

Sounds like my sort of project. Cheaper if I carried out the work prior to shipping, a LOT more expensive if I have to set up temporary shop in Nigeria, with all my tools. smiley

1 Like

Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2014
Siena:

Sounds like my sort of project. Cheaper if I carried out the work prior to shipping, a LOT more expensive if I have to set up temporary shop in Nigeria, with all my tools. smiley
We will have to talk via Pm if you price won't break neck grin , btw do you own any classics? Can you share pictures and the joy of riding one.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2014
anyone seen this VW Kombi Bus anywhere in Nigeria or any other classics, there is porshe rotting away in one of these government estates in lagos, i have been wanting to know the model and year, i will take and share pictures here when next i pass by.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Lexusgs430: 3:37am On Aug 25, 2014
And this was me thinking Wayne Carini has joined Nairaland, how vain in my thinking!!!
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 25, 2014
Lexusgs430: And this was me thinking Wayne Carini has joined Nairaland, how vain in my thinking!!!

The thread title is certainly eye-catching. The TV series came to mind when I saw it.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Goto Wilmer In apapa you will find some still running and some DT are dead sleeping there last in d junk yard
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 25, 2014
Readone35L: DT are dead sleeping there last in d junk yard

Now this bit, I didn't understand. And still don't understand, despite reading your post multiple times.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Lexusgs430: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2014
Siena:

The thread title is certainly eye-catching. The TV series came to mind when I saw it.

Love watching him on Discovery Turbo, showing off cars in all the weird and wonderful places, visiting auction houses and buying old classics that have been stored for years !!!!
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2014
Siena:

Now this bit, I didn't understand. And still don't understand, despite reading your post multiple times.

was about driving to work when I sent it ..I guess I made an err sorry for DT
what I meant was that
Goto Wilmer In apapa you will find some still running
and some dead ones in d junk yard taking there final rest R.I.P
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
So i finally got someone to get pictures of the porshe i talked about yesterday, can anyone tell from the pictures what year it is.

Cc naptu2, Ikenna351, AmericanCar, mayor2013,
Jaguar1, Siena

Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lexusgs430: And this was me thinking Wayne Carini has joined Nairaland, how vain in my thinking!!!
Apparently he owns a VW Kombi Bus. Lol
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Readone35L: Goto Wilmer In apapa you will find some still running and some DT are dead sleeping there last in d junk yard
Are you sure about this? I mean the exactly Split
Screen Kombi in my pictures above shocked wow i have got to get this checked out over the weekend.
Do you know if they are government own (could be difficult) and can i have some directions please. [/color]
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
Siena:

Sent you pm request on sunday, could you also check if you know how old the porshe posted above is? [/color]
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
Are you sure about this? I mean the exactly Split
Screen Kombi in my pictures above shocked wow i have got to get this checked out over the weekend.
Do you know if they are government own (could be difficult) and can i have some directions please. [/color]

Commercial... Oh
Am not too sure
Saw DM early 2013 in dt area ...
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Readone35L:

Commercial... Oh
Am not too sure
Saw DM early 2013 in dt area ...
oh, okay. I will have the area checked out over the weekend. Thanks. I could also do with description. Thanks.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
Sent you pm request on sunday, could you also check if you know how old the porshe posted above is? [/color]

Pre-facelift (circa 1980) Porsche 928 S.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
Siena:

Pre-facelift (circa 1980) Porsche 928 S.
wow, thanks. Not as old as i thought, i may just pass, i was looking at getting the body fixed or in good condition and looking for a buyer.
I am very grateful.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by xerotop(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli: So i finally got someone to get pictures of the porshe i talked about yesterday, can anyone tell from the pictures what year it is.
Jaguar1, Siena

Those pix got me remembering the place in the bible where God asked proph ezekiel " do u believe these dry bones can live again?"
Just want to ask u same but am not God anyways !
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
xerotop:

Those pix got me remembering the place in the bible where God asked proph ezekiel " do u believe these dry bones can live again?"
Just want to ask u same but am not God anyways !
lol, people actually live there. Got me almost rolling on the floor.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
oh, okay. I will have the area checked out over the weekend. Thanks. I could also do with description. Thanks.

Its funny how you goto d area and say ur looking For a good jalopy...
Thy be looking at you like a weirdo lol
But u might find watchu looking for
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Readone35L:

Its funny how you goto d area and say ur looking For a good jalopy...
Thy be looking at you like a weirdo lol
But u might find watchu looking for
Lol, true.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
wow, thanks. Not as old as i thought, i may just pass, i was looking at getting the body fixed or in good condition and looking for a buyer.
I am very grateful.

No worries. Keep us posted!
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli: So i finally got someone to get pictures of the porshe i talked about yesterday, can anyone tell from the pictures what year it is.

Jaguar1, Siena

Somebody should buy this car and give it a decent burial.

And I know a few things about resurrecting old soldiers.

Re: Chasing Classic Cars by yungboss(m): 11:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli,
like Siena posted, its a 928, some have v8 engine, I just understood a little about the 80s Porsche after I saw one I'm still following up to get, a 944.
they are quite expensive to restore though.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
yungboss: Obiagelli,
like Siena posted, its a 928, some have v8 engine, I just understood a little about the 80s Porsche after I saw one I'm still following up to get, a 944.
they are quite expensive to restore though.

They actually all do with the newer ones progressively having bigger engines.
Re: Chasing Classic Cars by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 26, 2014
Money goes down the drain.

(1) (Reply)

How To Obtain Or Renew Driver's License Online In Nigeria / Driving The Fastest U.S.A Police Car In Nigeria / Video That Made The Whole World Cry (for Drivers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.