Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? (2891 Views)

Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu / Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep! / Finally, A Made In Nigeria Car - And It's Like The Hummer Jeep! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Glock9(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hello People,

I am thinking of buying a used H2 or H3. I want owners or those who are familiar with the vehicles to please let me know what their experience has been like.

Thank you.
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Unionised(m): 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
What it feels like?

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Glock9(m): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Unionised: What it feels like?

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

smiley
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by nurey(m): 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
when hummer was still in vogue it was da bomb.

during the year 2012 and 2013 i frequent ikorodu and i could actually see lots of hummers parked there someone was talking about they have gear issues and it cost a fortuneto fix it. It is kinda rear to see a hummer pass by even in lekki, but once one passes by, it is a head turner grin cheesy smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Glock9(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
nurey: when hummer was still in vogue it was da bomb.

during the year 2012 and 2013 i frequent ikorodu and i could actually see lots of hummers parked there someone was talking about they have gear issues and it cost a fortuneto fix it. It is kinda rear to see a hummer pass by even in lekki, but once one passes by, it is a head turner grin cheesy smiley

Yeah they must cost a fortune to repair. Thanks for the info.
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
Glock9:

Yeah they must cost a fortune to repair. Thanks for the info.

Gear problems in Nigeria are mostly caused by using the wrong transmission fluids.

I would advise you find hummer forums abroad and go through them.

I think the H3 is cheaper to run shares part with a chevy Tahoe and other GM SUVs. Get ready to find a shipping agent cos you would be importing parts.

The car is steady head turner with all the bells and whistles especially those with desert lights. I remember watching Jeremy Clarkson falling in love with the H2 while test driving one.

1 Like

Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Glock9(m): 12:36am On Aug 25, 2014
cne010:

Gear problems in Nigeria are mostly caused by using the wrong transmission fluids.

I would advise you find hummer forums abroad and go through them.

I think the H3 is cheaper to run shares part with a chevy Tahoe and other GM SUVs. Get ready to find a shipping agent cos you would be importing parts.

The car is steady head turner with all the bells and whistles especially those with desert lights. I remember watching Jeremy Clarkson falling in love with the H2 while test driving one.

Thanks a lot for the info. I thought one can get some parts locally. Importing will be expensive. I'll check the forums too. Thanks a lot.
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 25, 2014
Glock9:

Thanks a lot for the info. I thought one can get some parts locally. Importing will be expensive. I'll check the forums too. Thanks a lot.

How many hummers do you see on the road? Importers love to buy parts they sell out sharply rather than tie their money down. The less the hummer on the road the less the demand for parts.

1 Like

Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nice ride tho
I'd love too own the h2, and I won't mind getting one any moment soon because I need a big ride
Having my eyes on 04pilot too
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
OP, take this with a grain of salt.

Continue to admire the Hummer at a distance. It's always good to have dreams and wishes but not all of them needs to be realized.

Go and find a nice well equipped Japanese medium to high end SUV to buy. Pilot, Pathfinder, etc

I've been back in the US now for 2 weeks and I live in car crazy SoCal and I have not once seen a Hummer on the road.

Remins of an old saying, "Fools Stomp Where Angels Fear To Thread".

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by ivoryhouse(m): 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Glock9: Hello People,

I am thinking of buying a used H2 or H3. I want owners or those who are familiar with the vehicles to please let me know what their experience has been like.

Thank you.
How many of these well meaning Nigerians own a hummer-none, how many have driven one before-none! The issue with hummers is that few people ever get to own one and the majority out of fear will always discourage the few from being different.
Hummer parts are very available and quite affordable. I buy most of my car parts online and I have never had to buy any twice because the quality has not failed me and the price is cheaper than the cost of buying locally.
My point is, do your research and if you need assistance do not hesitate to get in touch. Check hummer user groups and you will get a lot od useful tips.
Goodluck
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 26, 2014
I know ivoryhouse must find this thread and OP try to meet up with ivoryhouse when you buy the car he can help you get parts online.
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Glock9(m): 8:00am On Aug 26, 2014
ivoryhouse:
How many of these well meaning Nigerians own a hummer-none, how many have driven one before-none! The issue with hummers is that few people ever get to own one and the majority out of fear will always discourage the few from being different.
Hummer parts are very available and quite affordable. I buy most of my car parts online and I have never had to buy any twice because the quality has not failed me and the price is cheaper than the cost of buying locally.
My point is, do your research and if you need assistance do not hesitate to get in touch. Check hummer user groups and you will get a lot od useful tips.
Goodluck

Thank you for that. Pls can I have the site you use to buy parts?
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by ivoryhouse(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2015
Glock9:

Thank you for that. Pls can I have the site you use to buy parts?
Www.amazon.com
Www.rockautos.com
Sorry I just saw this

1 Like

Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by nurey(m): 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
The op should come and tell us whether he went ahead with his dream of owning the hummer or not, is he a daredevil or did he chicken out grin

I see one hummer H2 on lagos island often in the evening, abi nah the op own be that?
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by ivoryhouse(m): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
I hope he didn't chicken out
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Glock9(m): 12:41am On Mar 09, 2015
ivoryhouse:

Www.amazon.com
Www.rockautos.com
Sorry I just saw this

Thank you.
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Glock9(m): 12:43am On Mar 09, 2015
nurey:
The op should come and tell us whether he went ahead with his dream of owning the hummer or not, is he a daredevil or did he chicken out grin

I see one hummer H2 on lagos island often in the evening, abi nah the op own be that?

Guy I never buy am o! That doesn't mean I won't though. Its just a matter of time.
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Glock9(m): 12:43am On Mar 09, 2015
ivoryhouse:
I hope he didn't chicken out

At all.
Re: To Hummer Owners, I Am Thinking Of Getting One. What Is It Like To Own One? by Carsells(m): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hummer Suv or Hummer Bus?

(1) (Reply)

The SAE 16 Viscosity Grade - An Advancement In Engine Oil Formulation / A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently / Give Me Reasons To Buy Mercedes Benz ML 320

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.