Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria (3641 Views)

Governor Ambode Proclaims 8th Lagos State House Of Assembly (see Photos) / Boko Haram Declares New Caliphate In North Eastern Nigeria / Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by atlwireles: 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Eldavido1:

Unfortunately the C in C hasn't been bless with the gift of thinking! Bringing is ar.se back probably wouldn't make much of a difference. Our civil war veterans and past generals would have to intervene period!

Intervene to do what? You are blessed with the gift of thinking, try and stop him from bringing his ar.se back. Let's see the difference you can make.
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by oduastates: 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Like play ,like play
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
...And someone opened a useless thread which made front page saying that Boko haram did not occupy anywhere in Borno state that it was all lies. The fool even went ahead and said Shekau didn't release any video to prove it. Now Shekau has released the much awaited video,what next?

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by demand1982: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
beginning to think that Gen Ihejirika (rtd) was more of a military commander than Minimah going by the current BH activities.
At least during Ihejirika's there was period we experienced a lull in BH terrorism for weeks and months without a single gunshot from these bastards.
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by atlwireles: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
Shine1177: Time to deal ruthlessly with these demons. GEJ, air bombardment should be activated sir.

The same people announcing the phantom successes of boko haram, will be crying across the social media networks and all over the news media about the, Nigerian armed forces killing northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Eldavido1: 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
atlwireles:

Intervene to do what? You are blessed with the gift of thinking, try and stop him from bringing his ar.se back. Let's see the difference you can make.

Bros don't take it personal, I am not the one saddle with all the security apparatus such as SSS, Nigerian Army, Navy, Airforce, Nigerian police, special forces, Civil defence, Paramilitary units and even civilian JTF to defeat just a group of less than 3 thousand ragtag thugs with trillions of naira as defence budget for support over four years now. But here we are with the country gradually loosing territory to those thugs. If that's not clueslessness then what is? I have supported GEJ but I don't do blind support unlike you, if the guy is messing up, i criticise with venomous ferocity period!

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by atlwireles: 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
Eldavido1:

Bros don't take it personal, I am not the one saddle with all the security apparatus such as SSS, Nigerian Army, Navy, Airforce, Nigerian police, special forces, Civil defence, Paramilitary units and even civilian JTF to defeat just a group less than 3 thousand ragtag thugs with trillions of naira as defence budget for support. But here we are with the country gradually loosing territory to those thugs. If that's not clueslessness then what is? I have supported GEJ but I don't do [b]blind support [/b]unlike you, if the guy is messing up criticise with venomous ferocity period!

When, it comes to boko haram, my support resides with the men and women of the Nigerian armed forces, their big belle generals included. You are free to criticize with all the Vernon you want. That support will remain blind, for all persons in the chain of command.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by daniellle(f): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
is that their way to make ppl follow u - with extreme religious beliefs??
[img]http:///juw[/img]
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Ibnsultan01: 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Since 1960 NO Nigeria leader has been so weak and unable to defend The Country like Gej. I don't hate him but he has allowed dull aides to circle him. Today a group have declared a state within our State similar to the last event 67' History will hold Gej responsible for his Actions and failures as the Commander in Cheif

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Eldavido1: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
daniellle: is that their way to make ppl follow u - with extreme religious beliefs??
[img]http:///juw[/img]

I don't think those guys are interested in people following their warp idea of Islam willingly. The are more interested in conquering territories and forcing people to accept their rule and crazy believes, extorting taxes from those helpless individuals as seem in those villages the are controlling in the north east. It's just unfortunate!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by thwarrior72: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ibnsultan01: defence ministers as well as NSA should go. We have Good intellectual officers capable of bringing an offensive military tactics to chase,terminate,eliminate these bandits.
Wrong word!, Islamic jihadist tongue
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Arch1: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
Jonathan is the worst commander-in-chief in the whole world
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by kaeycea(m): 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
This kind of news makes me feel sad.. can't d military be decisive for once and damn these biased human right activist,, order all civilian in d affected area out...then go all out and level d whole area... It's a shame that dis is happening
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
No be only caliphate.
The NE is being setup for depopulation by conflict.
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by thwarrior72: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
demand1982: KANO ( AFP) – Boko Haram’s leader said he has
created an Islamic caliphate in a northeast Nigeria
town seized by the insurgents earlier this month, in
a video obtained by AFP on Sunday. “Thanks be to Allah who gave victory to our
brethren in (the town of) Gwoza and made it part of
the Islamic caliphate,” Abubakar Shekau said in the
52-minute video. He declared that Gwoza, in Borno state, now has
“nothing to do with Nigeria”. “By the grace of Allah we will not leave the town.
We have come to stay,” said Shekau, who has been
designated a global terrorist by the United States
and sanctioned by the UN Security Council. The United Nations humanitarian office (OCHA)
earlier this month confirmed reports that Gwoza
was under rebel control. Boko Haram is also believed to be in control of
other areas near Gwoza in southern Borno, as well
as large swathes of territory in northern Borno and
at least one town in neighbouring Yobe state. Mapping the precise areas which have fallen into
Islamist hands is nearly impossible. There are few humanitarian workers on the
ground in the northeast, travel is dangerous and
the region, which has been under a state of
emergency since May of last year, has poor mobile
phone coverage. Experts have described Boko Haram’s gains in
recent weeks as unprecedented, saying the group
was closer than ever to achieving its goal of carving
out a strict Islamic state across northern Nigeria. But many analysts believe the military has the
capacity to reverse the insurgents’ advance. Soldiers this week refused to deploy to Gwoza
without better weapons in an apparent mutiny.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/boko-haram-leader-proclaims-islamic-caliphate-nigeria/
Good....this is a welcome development cool
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by deji68: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
I dont believe it...until i see a video of Shekau drinking fourah de nou nou in emir of Gwarzo palace..chikena!!!! sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by kaeycea(m): 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
Honestly ..am losing my patience with GEJ.. I've always differed with people who call him a weakling president..but it appears those pple are right with this kind of news...
Mr president ..cant u take drastic action and damn d consequences....mtcheeew
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
Good news! undecided
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Pangea: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
The end is coming!
The Lizard has become a dragon,
Under the unserious gaze of GEJ!

Some idiots will come now ranting GEJ till eternity,
I wonder what country he will preside over by 2015,
Otuoke republic?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by vodkat: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
Wat is the role of governor in borno when this boko clown is saying he has declared his own state . Boko haram can not withstand first attack wat they can do is attack and hide but Nigeria needs to do first attack on them
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
Eldavido1:

When you employ a group of pot belly generals in times of war, what do you expect. These pretenders would rather be in their cozy airconditioned offices than out there in the trenches giving orders. Imagine how clueless they appear even on camera. Oh by the way the commander in chief is popping champagne somewhere in Germany!!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Rawani: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
Truly unprecedented. This is BH literally re-drawing the map of Nigeria. If a fresh intensified military offensive is not taken to crush and rubbish the gains of the insurgents, then we should be ready for a season of dark moons in this country.
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Ibnsultan01: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
vodkat: Wat is the role of governor in borno when this boko clown is saying he has declared his own state . Boko haram can not withstand first attack wat they can do is attack and hide but Nigeria needs to do first attack on them

the Governor has NO power over DSS,ARMY,Police,civilDefence. He only commands the state vigilantee groups and civilian JTF. Gej is the head of our security system
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by CyberWolf: 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
Aigbofa: Where are GEJ advisers and supporters? Do you still think Boko haram is working for the opposition or part of a world wide islamic fundamentalists?
shut up..everything is not about politics you wench angry
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by cirmuell(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
demand1982: are these BH people day-dreaming or hallucinating for them to even contemplate this?
You declare and yet you the leader are always on the run?
Better wise up and lay down your bloody arms and embrace dialogue and PEACE.
dude you're the one that needs to phucking wake up...that guy is not joking.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Ziluxga(m): 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
kaeycea: Honestly ..am losing my patience with GEJ.. I've always differed with people who call him a weakling president..but it appears those pple are right with this kind of news...
Mr president ..cant u take drastic action and damn d consequences....mtcheeew
Ihejirika took drastic action, damned the consequences but you and co self-unware enemies of progressive Nigeria called for his head. Accused him of genocide in the north, he left and was even threatened with Hague. You can't eat your amala and have it back. There can No longer be any drastic action against boko haram again, we must be subtle in our approach and this is what is happenning. We must all take what we wanted.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
Austin4lif: am the first to comment? Wow Wow, God bless me and God bless ndigbo world wide, say amen by liking this comment. Bck to the matter, our grt leader and warrior General ojukwu, may his gentle and fearless soul rest in peace, Ojukwu saw boko haram coming, Ojukwu knew shekur b4 he was born, ojukwu knows that islam will go on Rampage one day. Boko haram can not defeat nigeria. Proclaiming of caliphate did nt start today, boko haram did nt start today, killings from our northern brothers did nt start today. Usman dan fodio is the first terrorist in Nigeria and he also proclaimed a caliphate, the sokoto caliphate. The muslim north so cherish his effort and he was named after a university in sokoto, Who is deceiving who? In years to come after boko haram, we shall have shekur university in borno state. In the dictionary of islam and in the koran nothing like terrorist, boko haram are nt seen as terrorist by real muslims. GEJ is nt the reason for the slow persecution of the war on BH, it was the northern head of states(military) that have refuse to procure military hard wares for us over the years due to corruption. GEJ is weak if we want to say so but the north is frustrating his administration. God bless Nigeria and its soldiers. If u feel d military are nt trying pls Join the military.

first to comment rubbish! Stop this juvenile attitude, it takes the shine away from your comments.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Tundeiab(m): 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ibnsultan01: I have said these since the begining. Allowing the insurgents to acquire territory is a dangerous trend. Our military needs to add up its game before its too late. COAS should stop talking and start working
Why didn't you apply in the just concluded army recruitment? We need people like you in the army who are full of ideas and innovations...lol

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
CyberWolf: shut up..everything is not about politics you wench angry

What a very insightful and concise analysis. This is the hallmark of Jonathan's supporters.
Boko haram is not about politics!
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Krak(m): 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
These gains can easily be reversed by our military if they are really serious.

The question to ask is maybe our military is serious.

I need serious answers from General Minimah himself and this reply should be in the form of decisive action, not words.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by eejo(m): 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Nigeria had a lot of weapon what they lack is war game which they are now learning how to play boko haram is taking the bait
Re: Boko Haram Leader Proclaims ‘islamic Caliphate’ In Nigeria by Ibnsultan01: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
Tundeiab: Why didn't you apply in the just concluded army recruitment? We need people like you in the army who are full of ideas and innovations...lol
WaW tunde clap for Your self. If only you Knew a bit about me You wouldn't say that rubbish. D Army is my Family and I will not sit down and watch as things go south. Nigerians should rise now before the military structure is allowed to start thinking sbout getting power to FIX the NATION 'Ie. Mali,Egypt,Thailand

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Has Introduce Burning Of Opponents Flags In Nigeria Politics / The U.S Navy New Super Gun - 7 times the Speed of Sound / Jonathan Leads In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.