Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria (53162 Views)

10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Lagos (photos) / Fire Razed Two Buildings In Lagos / Paint Design Samples For Buildings In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by begwong: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2014
Op,better amend/edit your heading to read abuja rather than Nigeria.So all those skyscrappers for lagos didnt win any of your criteria worth mentioning. Firstbank HQ building for marina no better pass kano emir palace ni?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by bidexmat(m): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Wetin dem giv all this yaro boiz drink? I tire for una tinkin ooo. What do u intend to achieve by putting a mud house on that list? Tired brain.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by okonja(m): 8:00am On Aug 25, 2014
What's powerful in PHCN buildings angry, when Adenuga Towers in Lagos is there,
Sheraton Hotels,

Good news for smart phone and pc users, you can get the best MTN data plan for your internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N500 for
250mb, N1500 for 1GB...check this out on this thread.
www.nairaland.com/1817093/mtn-data-cheapest-rate-not
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by slimyem: 8:15am On Aug 25, 2014
eaglechild: Why does our national assembly building look like a mosque
good question! undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by abbeyberry(m): 8:34am On Aug 25, 2014
I disagree with the list , where is the office of the FIRST LADY(MAMA-PEJ) ?
Ask GEJ how powerful is that office ? He will surely write a book on it
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Jesuspistol(m): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2014
Aprime:

None of the Pic there is Foreign. All are of Nigerian.
About the supreme high court, I'm making amendments.

Do you know the dictionary meaning of powerful? Those buildings are just prestigious in look, nothing's powerful about them

Let's start with bomb detectors or in-fitted rapid response machine fire-arms among others. They are not that protective yet u say they're powerful

Even ordinary alarms and fire xtinguishers in some of them are not regularly serviced talkless of bulletproof doors and walls.

When u begin to talk of the most protective building in Nigeria, then u may be making some sense in the name "powerful"
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by laprince(m): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2014
That palace and transcorp, which is more powerful

ojoro dey smell!!!
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by gistmelove(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2014
becos na aboki dey rule 9ja and na dem plenty pass for national assembly
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by siraj1402(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2014
Its never too late,the something you did to Naira can be done.Dismantle it and rebuild to look like a Church. Mucheeeeeee.Wait before I go,why does every academic gown look like church ceremonial dress?
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Neldrizzy(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2014
Davijunson: Wait lemme get this straight.... How is a building said to be powerful?
Is it by the structural design of it?
Or by the amount spent in building?
Or the function it is used for?
Or perhaps d people dat inhabits it.
I really don't know the basis of classifying these buildings as Powerful buh wah i know is some buildings shouldn't be on that list...BTW, why are most of the buildings located in Abj?
because abuja is for men and not for boys! grin grin come to abuja and experience that luxury life you'v been dreaming of cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Neldrizzy(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2014
berem: Why are all the powerful buildings in Abuja apart from the Emir's palace in Kano?
Op,you be ojoro man o!
its in abuja because itz in abuja grin cheesy grin grin
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by PAINGAIN: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2014
First time I'm seeing an outside picture of aso rock.
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Neldrizzy(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2014
mesoade: You are talking of powerful . . Where is okija shrine na?
Lolll.. Bad guy cheesy
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Ahmeduana(m): 9:17am On Aug 25, 2014
Tazmode: How can the Federal High Court be more powerful than the Supreme Court in any respect? undecided grin
IS BCS NIGERIA PRESIDENT IS D MOST POWERFUL PRESIDENT IN D WORLD IN TERMS OF CONSTITUTIONAL ASSIGNED GIVEN ROWS.......
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Ahmeduana(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2014
IGBOSON1: Some of those pics are not of Nigeria! And how come the Federal High Court is placed above the Supreme Court of the Federation?
TALKING ABOUT THE JUDICIAL AS A BODY, NOT IN BRANCHES
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by MakIBK(m): 9:27am On Aug 25, 2014
Buildings that are equivalent to individual personal buildings abroad.
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Ahmeduana(m): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2014
Ramon92: Nairaland e-towers, Internet. Hosts Africa's largest community of e-humans and trolls. Attacked brutality once and survived..
brutality OR BRUTALISED?
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by MisterLongman(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^That first pic of the national assembly......you sure say that one dey for Naija?
The Op is very correct...... Just try enter Abuja, you go no say money no be problem for Naija
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by MisterLongman(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2014
MyIncorp: And by what standards were these chosen? undecided Some of these buildings are worth the selection though! What about the largest single 50,000 seater Faith Tabernacle church building at Ota? Abi, e no powerful too?

click here for company registration and expatriate relocation to Nigeria
Lol..... They should also put canaanland, redemption camp and prayer city too nah...... The Op are not talking about religious institutions...... Its not only about the building but how influential the institutions occupying the building are..... Shey you grab
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by gistmelove(m): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2014
what of GEN. ibrahim babagina house??

Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by oxygen247(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2014
That is why Chuba Okadigbo described it as architectural fraud....

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2014
Politicians still wasting our money since 1AD
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by CarmelloANGEL(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2014
What happened to the PDP National Secretariat? The bitter truth is that it has bin one of the most powerful places where critical decisions that have affected this country since the beginin of the 4th republic is bin made on a daily basis
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by darlingtonNYIG(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2014
The Emir's palace shouldn't be on that list, what of Louis Edet house, SEC building and the Nigerian Stock Exchange building. Young man park well joor.
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by oluwafestus(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2014
I think the op is talking abt the buildings were decisions are talking that affect the nation as a whole and I want to agree with the op that the emir of kano palace is very power to that effect cos most of the decisions that concern the northern state are taken from that palace.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2014
MisterLongman: Lol..... They should also put canaanland, redemption camp and prayer city too nah...... The Op are not talking about religious institutions...... Its not only about the building but how influential the institutions occupying the building are..... Shey you grab
Lol, then he should have just said 10 Most Powerful 'National' buildings...bc he just ended up mentioning the major national buildings in Nigeria.
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by keandre: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2014
(yawns)
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by apoti(m): 10:28am On Aug 25, 2014
Funny enough I've entered 7 of those buildings before when I was in Naija.... cool

That's the life of a bank marketer in Abuja angry
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by keandre: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2014
apoti: Funny enough I've entered 7 of those buildings before when I was in Naija.... cool

That's the life of a bad marketer in Abuja angry
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by routsz: 10:40am On Aug 25, 2014
maybe the op meant "10 most defended/secured buildings in Nigeria"
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by mediachirps(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2014
in this twenty first century you're calling those caves powerful?
Re: 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria by Enoquin(f): 11:36am On Aug 25, 2014
You have done something commendable even if it's not properly done.

Why do you consider these buildings powerful? Use a criteria next time. It could be historical and give an intruging reason why it was chosen.
For example: 10 Powerful buildings in Abuja.
1. Aso Rock: Aso Rock might have housed various presidents and their families but that is hardly why it has topped our list as the most powerful building in Abuja. On Feb 14th, 3020; the charter for new world peace was signed by our president (the world's most powerful figure) and other world leaders.

Again, you could do powerful buildings/edifices for each state, so that a cumulative list for 'powerful' or 'iconic' buildings/edifices in Nigeria would be more encompassing and educative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / Fire At NNPC Petrol Station, College Road, Ogba (Pictures) / Bathroom Of Lady Who Moved Out Of A Guy's Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.