Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,103 members, 7,867,168 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:41 AM

God And Spiritual Rape - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Spiritual Rape (898 Views)

God And His Angels. / 20 Common Dreams And Spiritual Warfare (please Read) / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God And Spiritual Rape by mumumugu(m): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
First, let’s discuss that guy (or girl) in high school. You know, the one who never looked you square in the eyes, followed you around (at a distance of course) and showed up everywhere you were? Let’s name him/her TONY. You knew TONY had a crush on you. Creeper would stare at you from across the room. TONY would eventually get up the nerve to talk to you or even ask you out. You weren’t interested so you said “No.” Then TONY would call you. Or these days, text you. TONY might even write you notes. The words “I’m not interested” really meant nothing. TONY stalked you on social media. You wanted TONY to leave you alone. You finally say “Get away from me!” slightly worried you’ll hurt TONYfeelings but enough is enough, right? Geesh! Leave me alone!
IF TONY FORCES HIMSELF ON YOU, IT WOULD BE DISRESPECT FOR
YOUR HUUMAN RIGHT OF CHOICE AND HE COULD BE GUILTY OF RAPE.

Now let’s shift gears here. Let’s shift to thinking about God. Keep reading – it all comes together in just a minute. From the beginning, God has been pursuing you. God has a desire for you to turn to Him – when things are good and when the road is rocky…. Heck, when the road turns into a cliff and you’re barely hanging on! He desires you. Matthew 11:28 says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” He wants to hear from you – even though he’s omniscient (all knowing, having complete understanding).

If you have kids, think about it this way. Don’t you know when your child is hurting? Don’t you know when they are upset about something or someone? I don’t know about you, but I love it when my child comes to me and confides in me. Whether she asks for advice or not, I love it when she opens up to me and shares with me even though I already know what is bothering her. I love putting my arms around her and comforting her. God is the same way – He loves it when we come to Him. His greatest desire is for us to want to be with Him. He wants to give us rest.

Alright, now let’s combine our two areas of discussion here. TONY and God. And no, I’m not suggesting that God is a TONY for goodness sakes! Stick with me here folks! God desires us. He wants us. But if you spend your whole life treating him like a TONY telling Him “I’m not interested” then guess what? He respects your free will. He won’t force anything on you. Even Heaven. If you spend your life avoiding God, why in the world would He force you to go to Heaven where you will spend eternity with Him? He will brokenheartedly allow you to choose to spend eternity away from Him in Hell. He doesn’t send you there. He wants you to choose Him. But if He forces Himself on you, it’s no longer free will. It’s spiritual rape.
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Pr0ton: 11:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
Man has no fault.

He created us with something He knew would destroy us€free will.

Lets question God.

1 John 3:9 says whosoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, he can't even sin, because His seed is in Him.
Why do men sin

God the all-knowing should have created us perfect, but He didn't, He created us with free-will (as they say) something He should had fore-known could make us end up in hell. But He left us that way, and now sends us to hell for the mistake/wrong He made/did.

We must question God.

If God so loves us dearly why did He create such a horrible place of eternal torment in the first place
What made a loving God think that way?

He is gentle, kind, meek, temperate, love. He loves me, cares for me, died for me, But He's ready to send me to hell if I don't believe His love is real. Hello. What kind of love is that

We must question God.

How can a perfect God, who makes no mistaks, regret repeatedly in the Bible

Who am I to question your God anyway grin
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
mumumugu: First, let’s discuss that guy (or girl) in high school. You know, the one who never looked you square in the eyes, followed you around (at a distance of course) and showed up everywhere you were? Let’s name him/her TONY. You knew TONY had a crush on you. Creeper would stare at you from across the room. TONY would eventually get up the nerve to talk to you or even ask you out. You weren’t interested so you said “No.” Then TONY would call you. Or these days, text you. TONY might even write you notes. The words “I’m not interested” really meant nothing. TONY stalked you on social media. You wanted TONY to leave you alone. You finally say “Get away from me!” slightly worried you’ll hurt TONYfeelings but enough is enough, right? Geesh! Leave me alone!
IF TONY FORCES HIMSELF ON YOU, IT WOULD BE DISRESPECT FOR
YOUR HUUMAN RIGHT OF CHOICE AND HE COULD BE GUILTY OF RAPE.

Now let’s shift gears here. Let’s shift to thinking about God. Keep reading – it all comes together in just a minute. From the beginning, God has been pursuing you. God has a desire for you to turn to Him – when things are good and when the road is rocky…. Heck, when the road turns into a cliff and you’re barely hanging on! He desires you. Matthew 11:28 says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” He wants to hear from you – even though he’s omniscient (all knowing, having complete understanding).

If you have kids, think about it this way. Don’t you know when your child is hurting? Don’t you know when they are upset about something or someone? I don’t know about you, but I love it when my child comes to me and confides in me. Whether she asks for advice or not, I love it when she opens up to me and shares with me even though I already know what is bothering her. I love putting my arms around her and comforting her. God is the same way – He loves it when we come to Him. His greatest desire is for us to want to be with Him. He wants to give us rest.

Alright, now let’s combine our two areas of discussion here. TONY and God. And no, I’m not suggesting that God is a TONY for goodness sakes! Stick with me here folks! God desires us. He wants us. But if you spend your whole life treating him like a TONY telling Him “I’m not interested” then guess what? He respects your free will. He won’t force anything on you. Even Heaven. If you spend your life avoiding God, why in the world would He force you to go to Heaven where you will spend eternity with Him? He will brokenheartedly allow you to choose to spend eternity away from Him in Hell. He doesn’t send you there. He wants you to choose Him. But if He forces Himself on you, it’s no longer free will. It’s spiritual rape.

How would you describe a man that sits you down with very hot fire he created beside him,telling you: you know What? You see Dat fire over there? I created it,and It's very hot,But I don't wish you to go into the fire because I love you,But I still created the fire. Here is the deal,I know I gave u ur freewill But I don't want u to do ur will But mine. I want u to love me and do everything I say So I can be happy,But just incase you don't want to do my will,that fire over there is waiting to receive you(smiles) ,I am not forcing you to do my will ooo But I created that fire over there to torture you If u don't do my will But I still ain't forcing u ooooo yet I created a very hot fire to BURN you for eternity,you see that I am not forcing you,don't think that fire is a threat against your will,see that fire as my anger for u not obeying my will because I love u and I love u enough to see you burn for eternity. Tell me who do you know loves as much as I do? Who else is as caring as to see his children burn in he'll for eternity as me? You see that I am the Most caring? THAT'S my boy.
Now do you think the man that said all that is sane?.

2 Likes

Re: God And Spiritual Rape by qstar(m): 5:33am On Aug 28, 2014
Dapo777:

How would you describe a man that sits you down with very hot fire he created beside him,telling you: you know What? You see Dat fire over there? I created it,and It's very hot,But I don't wish you to go into the fire because I love you,But I still created the fire. Here is the deal,I know I gave u ur freewill But I don't want u to do ur will But mine. I want u to love me and do everything I say So I can be happy,But just incase you don't want to do my will,that fire over there is waiting to receive you(smiles) ,I am not forcing you to do my will ooo But I created that fire over there to torture you If u don't do my will But I still ain't forcing u ooooo yet I created a very hot fire to BURN you for eternity,you see that I am not forcing you,don't think that fire is a threat against your will,see that fire as my anger for u not obeying my will because I love u and I love u enough to see you burn for eternity. Tell me who do you know loves as much as I do? Who else is as caring as to see his children burn in he'll for eternity as me? You see that I am the Most caring? THAT'S my boy.

Lol!

1 Like

Re: God And Spiritual Rape by iamtewwy(m): 7:43am On Aug 28, 2014
dapo777 *clapping, standing oviation*
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Dapo777:

What you should start considering is: does He(such god) even exist?
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2014
JerryBerry:

What you should start considering is: does He(such god) even exist?

He could be existing,But even If he exist he can't be the Christian God. Because the acclaimed characteristics of the Christian God completely contradict What he does.
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Pr0ton: 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dapo777:

He could be existing,But even If he exist he can't be the Christian God. Because the acclaimed characteristics of the Christian God completely contradict What he does.

Christian God?.. There's no Christian God.. You'll be shocked when you find out that there isn't any historical evidence for this guy Jesus. We only know him from the Gospel writers(who aint eye witnesses at all!) These Gospel writers contradict one another which makes the story of Jesus fictional/fabricated.
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by qstar(m): 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dapo777:

Do you understand "economics" very well? The forces of demand and supply control the society and all its economic activities... the number of students that apply for a particular institution, the price of a Burberry shirt, the wage of labourers, etc. are all controlled by this force.

Likewise is the evolutionary force... 100% natural. Currently, i don't think there was/is someone behind it, albeit i have some apprehensions.
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
qstar:

Do you understand "economics" very well? The forces of demand and supply control the society and all its economic activities... the number of students that apply for a particular institution, the price of a Burberry shirt, the wage of labourers, etc. are all controlled by this force.

Likewise is the evolutionary force... 100% natural. Currently, i don't think there was/is someone behind it, albeit i have some apprehensions.

Fear of future evil?
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pr0ton:

Christian God?.. There's no Christian God.. You'll be shocked when you find out that there isn't any historical evidence for this guy Jesus. We only know him from the Gospel writers(who aint eye witnesses at all!) These Gospel writers contradict one another which makes the story of Jesus fictional/fabricated.
Historians aren't 100% reliable......But I know the Bible has a lot of contradictions in it.
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Pr0ton: 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dapo777:
Historians aren't 100% reliable......But I know the Bible has a lot of contradictions in it.

To you..
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pr0ton:

To you..

Aren't they humans?
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by qstar(m): 12:08am On Aug 31, 2014
Dapo777:

Fear of future evil?

Lol! not that.

If there is/was a creator, it is obvious that it/he/she does not interfere with the universe nor in the activities of its inhabitants.
Re: God And Spiritual Rape by Pr0ton: 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dapo777:

Aren't they humans?

It doesn't matter. They are in agreement, and they can provide evidence for their claims. You think we would know who Jesus is without historians?

(1) (Reply)

A Thorough Reflection On SCOAN Tragedy / The Pope & Cardinals Are Told Just How A Catholic Marriage Lasts 55years. / See This!! Name Of Churches In Naija -- Drop Yours Abeg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.