Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,916 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

God And His Angels. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And His Angels. (16164 Views)

It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / When Was Satan And His Angels Cast Out Of Heaven? / Speak God's Word And Activate His Angels - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
I was just wondering, why did angels only appear in male form? Is it that there are no female angels or what? What does God have against women exactly, anyone?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by brodalikeme(m): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
I was also wondering why God will be so important to an atheist.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God And His Angels. by SeverusSnape(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
I was just wondering, why did angels only appear in male form? Is that there are no female angels or what? What does God have against women exactly, anyone?
**in God's voice**

Women are Weaker vessels.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
SeverusSnape:

**in God's voice**

Women are Weaker vessels.
So he's sexist then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
brodalikeme:
He doesn't mean sh1t to me, I just want the people who claim to worship him to see him for what he really is, a blawdy chauvinist, but ofcourse he doesn't exist.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by seemples(f): 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
brodalikeme:

Cos they sorely NEED God to be God

3 Likes

Re: God And His Angels. by seemples(f): 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
He doesn't mean sh1t to me, I just want the people who claim to worship him to see him for what he really is, a blawdy chauvinist, but ofcourse he doesn't exist.

Sounds like you're very angry with God....what exactly did He do to you??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
seemples:

Sounds like you're very angry with God....what exactly did He do to you??
How can I be angry with someone that isn't there? It's just really pitiful seeing people lose themselves to him.

You are a woman, the topic should interest you, or are you okay with your kind not being qualified to be an angel in his mythical kingdom?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by ogaprime(m): 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
How can I be angry with someone that isn't there? It's just really pitiful seeing people lose themselves to him.

You are a woman, the topic should interest you, or are you okay with your kind not being qualified to be an angel in his mythical kingdom?

You sound really angry with God...

Maybe you should open a thread on what really happened on "religious" life and let everything out once and for all so that those confused and doubting will make up their minds and those stronger will help de weak.

What do you think ma?

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by SeverusSnape(m): 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
So he's sexist then.
Yes.

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
ogaprime:

Maybe you should open a thread on what really happened on "religious" life and let everything out once and for all so that those confused and doubting will make up their minds and those stronger will help de weak.

What do you think ma?
This doesn't make any sense. You could try writing that better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by seemples(f): 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:

My dear, Just saying, I don't see any sense getting worked up and all on something I don't give a hoot about.

Pple lend themselves to incomparably damaging quirks say alcoholic addiction, strong substance abuse etc and I'm quite sure you have never displayed such strong emotions to help get them straight as you're doing for these 'damaged' believers.

You are a woman; don't you think if you were a hermaphrodite it wudav been more convenient than looking for a male being to complement you? How come we are defragmented to male and female components? Yea, some things are like that..we just don't have the answers yet.

Oh and the angels are now classed as males? You saw the male parts of angels or they were described somewhere in the Bible?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God And His Angels. by brodalikeme(m): 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:

Just let them/us be. If He doesn't exist, no need giving Him so much attention, and trying to save anyone from 'losing' themselves to Him.

4 Likes

Re: God And His Angels. by johnydon22(m): 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
seemples:

Cos they sorely NEED God to be God
No she wants to place your belief under scrutiny so as to perhaps show you the implausibility of it all..

Myths should be taught as myth, fables as fables. . .teaching these absurd superstitions and mythological tales as truth is horrifying because the innocent minds accept it and only through great pain can they be free of it.

She is discussing it so as to show the absurdity in it and perhaps get any sound mind to think over it..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
seemples:

My dear, Just saying, I don't see any sense getting worked up and all on something I don't give a hoot about.

Pple lend themselves to incomparably damaging quirks say alcoholic addiction, strong substance abuse etc and I'm quite sure you have never displayed such strong emotions to help get them straight as you're doing for these 'damaged' believers.

You are a woman; don't you think if you were a hermaphrodite it wudav been more convenient than looking for a male being to complement you?

Oh and the angels are now classed as males? You saw the male parts of angels or they were described somewhere in the Bible?
You call it getting worked up, I call it passing of time, it's kinda fun exposing fraudsters.cheesy

The people who give into such vices do so of their own accord, I am yet to see a convention, crusade, retreat or seminar encouraging people to indulge in such vices, but the same can't be said for workers of God, they disturb people all over the place in the name of spreading the false words, y'all should stop the preaching and I'll stop trying to save anyone from it.

What does wanting a male partner have to do with anything?

You better go and read your bible before coming to engage me, but because I'm nice, I'll help you out, yes all angels are classed as male.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God And His Angels. by brodalikeme(m): 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
seemples:

You are a woman; don't you think if you were a hermaphrodite it wudav been more convenient than looking for a male being to complement you? How come we are defragmented to male and female components? Yea, some things are like that..we just don't have the answers yet.

Waooo, some word there! @seemples, I dey follow u smiley
Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
brodalikeme:

Just let them/us be. If He doesn't exist, no need giving Him so much attention, and trying to save anyone from 'losing' themselves to Him.
You first have to stop telling people about him, if you don't claim he exists, will I say he doesn't?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God And His Angels. by brodalikeme(m): 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
Dearest freecocoa, is it the 'workers of God' that have pissed you off like this or God Himself?

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by johnydon22(m): 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
brodalikeme:
Dearest freecocoa, is it the 'workers of God' that have pissed you off like this or God Himself?
Uuuuhm how can God possibly piss her off exactly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by ogaprime(m): 11:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
This doesn't make any sense. You could try writing that better.

Maybe you should open a thread on what really
happened to your ""Christian life"" and let everything
out once and for all so that those confused and
doubting will make up their minds and those
stronger will help de weak.
What do you think ma because you weren't born an atheist. I know something happened and that's what we (few Nlanders) want to know
Re: God And His Angels. by graciousolo(m): 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
yes all angels are classed as male.
I don't know why you disturb yourself over a 'non-existenting' God.

Meanwhile, I'll like to see your face, because I'm beginning to think from your perspective. Halleluyah! You don get one convert, but I need to see your face to fully and truly convert, because I'll not want to follow a non-existent or in this case faceless leader. cool Oya I dey wait. Quote me when it done.
Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
brodalikeme:
I said god doesn't exist and you are asking if he pissed me off, smh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by brodalikeme(m): 11:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
You first have to stop telling people about him, if you don't claim he exists, will I say he doesn't?

Based on my Christian faith and belief, what I have come to like most about Christianity is the power of choice and free will. I talk/preach about my belief and would not force anyone into believing it, in fact of my own accord I can't change anyone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
ogaprime:

Maybe you should open a thread on what really
happened to your ""Christian life"" and let everything
out once and for all so that those confused and
doubting will make up their minds and those
stronger will help de weak.
What do you think ma because you weren't born an atheist. I know something happened and that's what we (few Nlanders) want to know
Dude I was born an atheist just like everyone else, our parents/society instilled the god nonsense in us.

The only thing that happened is that I make use of my brain, it has nothing to do with being angry.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God And His Angels. by johnydon22(m): 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
ogaprime:

[i]Very true, neither was she born a theist. . . She was not born with the idea of "if there is a god or not" she was born without any knowledge of it all just like she was not born with the idea of "if there is a squared circle diamond bunny" and same goes to all of us..

Not until someone starts filling you up with those absurdities, not until they start singing it into your ears and many times flogging it into you, if not you still wouldn't have known any of it till now... Or maybe if they waited for you to become an adult to tell you, you wouldn't have believed any of it.

Is it not curious how every child adopts the religion of their parents? How did this come about, through the psychological format of Child indoctrination.. Why not wait for them to get to the age of reasoning with cognitive abilities and sound mind to develop their own ideas and agree to what they can believe or not

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
brodalikeme:

Based on my Christian faith and belief, what I have come to like most about Christianity is the power of choice and free will. I talk/preach about my belief and would not force anyone into believing it, in fact of my own accord I can't change anyone.
And where have I forced anyone? Did I force you to this thread? I am also talking/preaching about my own beliefs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by seemples(f): 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Johny, I remember asking you a question you couldn't honestly give a Yes answer to..here rephrased...do you TOTALLY, Absolutely, KNOW ALLLL there is about God and the universe to make you ABSOLUTELY believe the Bible stories should be classed as fabulous fables??

No, you don't! Why would you or anyone then argue blazing all front when your backwares are all bare?

2 Likes

Re: God And His Angels. by johnydon22(m): 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
brodalikeme:

Yes i like this,But when you talk the talk. You must also be ready for your words to be challenged and scrutinized or do you expect people to just listen to you do the talking alone without challenging, scrutinizing, refuting, arguing and pointing out the outright implausibilities and absurdities in what you are telling them?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And His Angels. by freecocoa(f): 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
johnydon22:
Very true, neither was she born a theist. . . She was not born with the idea of "if there is a god or not" she was born without any knowledge of it all just like she was not born with the idea of "if there is a squared circle diamond bunny" and same goes to all of us..

Not until someone starts filling you up with those absurdities, not until they start singing it into your ears and many times flogging it into you, if not you still wouldn't have known any of it till now... Or maybe if they waited for you to become an adult to tell you, you wouldn't have believed any of it.

Is it not curious how every child adopts the religion of their parents? How did this come about, through the psychological format of Child indoctrination.. Why not wait for them to get to the age of reasoning with cognitive abilities and sound mind to develop their own ideas and agree to what they can believe or not
I even think it's better to say we were all born atheists, lacking in belief of any deity.

1 Like

Re: God And His Angels. by brodalikeme(m): 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
johnydon22:
Uuuuhm how can God possibly piss her off exactly?

That is my point exactly. If she is not pissed off why the emotion and energy put into dissuading others from running after nothingness. If you run after a non existing 'myth' as you call it, you will definitely get tired and weary, until then let them be.

3 Likes

Re: God And His Angels. by johnydon22(m): 12:04am On Aug 02, 2015
seemples:

Johny, I remember asking you a question you couldn't honestly give a Yes answer to..here rephrased...do you TOTALLY, Absolutely, KNOW ALLLL there is about God and the universe to make you ABSOLUTELY believe the Bible stories should be classed as fabulous fables??

No, you don't! Why would you or anyone then argue blazing all front when your backwares are all bare?
[b]Am very sure to have answered your question the best i can and as well acknowledge where i lack knowledge when i see it. . .

We know not only the bible makes claims about a God.

We also have the Quran, the hindu Shruti, Egyptian book of pyramids and thousand other religious texts that makes just same claim as the bible, so don't even try making any claim to classify yours as different from these others which you are obviously do not believe too.…

I do not really need to know the bible inside out, just like i do not need to know Homers Iliad inside out. . Any sound mind knows an obvious implausible tale when faced with one. . .i do not need to know the quran intoto to know that no man split the moon

I do not need to know everything in the bible to know that a donkey can't talk or that someone cannot stay in the belly of a fish for three days, we know all that implausible tales . . we all saw it during our childhood days. . . So do not hope to pour out these fables as truth and expect not to be challenged or scrutinized.

The exact reason why you disbelieve the claims of all the other holy books i listed up there is exactly the same reason i disbelieve the claims made by yours.
[/b]

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: God And His Angels. by johnydon22(m): 12:11am On Aug 02, 2015
brodalikeme:

That is my point exactly. If she is not pissed off why the emotion and energy put into dissuading others from running after nothingness. If you run after a non existing 'myth' as you call it, you will definitely get tired and weary, until then let them be.
Unless maybe you are trying to deny the effects religious activities are having on our society. .

am sure she was not asking the deity she does not believe in the question, her question were to the believers. .

Look around you, we get dozens of visits by people rubbing their belief on our face, threatening us with a literal burning furnace, shouting at the top of their voice as early as 5am, disturbing us in the bus and virtually everywhere..
Maybe you expect her to seat and clap for them? No sir some people are allergic to bullshiit.

She may lack belief in the concept you sell but these problems i mentioned above are very real just like isis are real, one cannot simply seat and watch you rub them up and down with uptight absurdities.

If only you could get your lots to keep their belief to themselves, then you wouldn't have to worry about people who refute it..

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before / Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic / How T.B Joshua Leads Nigeria’s Religious Tourism Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.