Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? (22271 Views)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by litetias(m): 10:06am On Aug 26, 2014
Dcmg: Paul walker {an american}died and left all his $25m estate to his 15 year old daughter and appionted her grandmother has the guardian when actually the girls mother is still alive.
Mbok dnt make it look like Nigerian men are bad
Paul Walker was not married to the girls mother slowpoke. We're talking of wives here. In other related news women are cu*nts and men are di*cks

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by tmanuelle(m): 10:09am On Aug 26, 2014
simplyOJ:

You conclusion got me thinking. What is good for Bulus is is also good for Bala.

Good, that conclusion & ur comment calls for my contribution which is that:
A wife should be her husband's next of kin & vice-versa; however, there should be strong clauses making the child(ren) a 'strong' but not absolute beneficiary in any will in the events of the death of any of the parties.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by litetias(m): 10:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

Lol..

You obviously do not appreciate the concept of marriage.

Wether she married you after you already had a fortune 500 job or whilst you were still chopping kwili-kwili.. A woman who has stood by you for you ENTIRE life (minus those when she didnt know you), raised your kids, kept your home, gave her best years to you has earned the right to be appreciated and not treated like nobody.

Its not only when the woman meets you when you had nothing that means she 'hussled' with you.. Everyday a Man goes to work, comes home and can eat and sleep peacefully, thats one day of hussle between him and his wife..

#Sometimes I wonder if many of these Nairalanders have Mothers at all?

So when your father passes, you deserve to get his estate ahead of your mother?! SERIOUSLY?!

So you don't know children inherit and not the wife. Wasted years in school

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by san316(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2014
I will make my child NOK because he will take care of himself, siblings and mum. But if i make my wife and i die, the woman will marry another man who will reap where he did not sow. Ultimately, religion doesn't list women as inheritors. Only children, siblings. Where d woman dey when i dae hustle.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Blockus: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2014
litetias:
So you don't know children inherit and not the wife. Wasted years in school

in·her·it verb \in-ˈher-ət, -ˈhe-rət\ : to receive (money, property, etc.) from someone when that person dies..

Your Parents should have invested in a Poultry instead of wasting their minimum wage on you.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Genea(f): 10:14am On Aug 26, 2014
Naaaaaaah,its just a precaution incase of divorce,d woman dont get to av all he worked 4

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by litetias(m): 10:17am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

in·her·it verb \in-ˈher-ət, -ˈhe-rət\ : to receive (money, property, etc.) from someone when that person dies..

Your Parents should have invested in a Poultry instead of wasting their minimum wage on you.. grin

Hahaha very funny. The mugu who does not know he does not know. Keep on fooling

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Blockus: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2014
litetias:
Hahaha very funny. The mugu who does not know he does not know. Keep on fooling

At this rate.. Even if they invested in Bush Meat farming or even Pure Water production, them for reap better profit than you. I hope to God say you no ba any human being Next of Kin. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Set up a trust fund for all your kids.

Other investment should be for you and your spouse. When the kids are above 18yrs, they should be let off to stand on their own.

The remaining finance and property you have should be used until you both retire to old age.

That's why we have lazy Nigerian youths waiting for their fathers to die so to sell off their properties. Some even kill their fathers themselves .

Our kids will always know that they are on their own as soon as they are adults and we have provided for them what we should like basic education and initual setting up. The rest of other things we could decide to will to them or sell off to continue enjoying vacation at old age.

Every other thing is a bonus not a right

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by litetias(m): 10:35am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

At this rate.. Even if they invested in Bush Meat farming or even Pure Water production, them for reap better profit than you. I hope to God say you no ba any human being Next of Kin. grin
Once again funny comeback. Kudos. Why don't you try standup comedy maybe thats your niche. I know you feel like such a failure but just try again. Probably have Clint the drunk as your role model. You're always drunk anyway. You'll be an instant hit. Then maybe when you die young from alcohol poisoning your wife will inherit your estate.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Blockus: 10:38am On Aug 26, 2014
litetias:
Once again funny comeback. Kudos. Why don't you try standup comedy maybe thats your niche. I know you feel like such a failure but just try again. Probably have Clint the drunk as your role model. You're always drunk anyway. You'll be an instant hit. Then maybe when you die young from alcohol poisoning your wife will inherit your estate.

Thanks for the compliments.. grin

I actually do stand up comedy on the side.. grin

I would crack a joke about how your parents would have gotten better return for their money if they Invested in Savannah Bank than they did investing in you, But I dont think it would be fair to joke about your parents bad financial decisions. grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Blockus: 10:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Chillisauce: Set up a trust fund for all your kids.

Other investment should be for you and your spouse. When the kids are above 18yrs, they should be let off to stand on their own.

The remaining finance and property you have should be used until you both retire to old age.

That's why we have lazy Nigerian youths waiting for their fathers to die so to sell off their properties. Some even kill their fathers themselves .

Our kids will always know that they are on their own as soon as they are adults and we have provided for them what we should like basic education and initual setting up. The rest of other things we could decide to will to them or sell off to continue enjoying vacation at old age.

Every other thing is a bonus not a right

Please!! Please!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marry me and I promise to make you Lolo's of all Lolo's with the Title of Eze Nwayi and have servants wait you hand and feet.. angry

Just say 'I will marry you' and forgerrabout everything.. Infact, you will not be my Next of Kin but my Now Now Kin. angry

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Samsonklin(m): 10:45am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

Why?!

So you trust your fortunes with your kids more than with your wife who hussled with you?! undecided
No offense meant ooo. But who told u she hussled with me or how do u know she hussled with me? Well I still support d motion dat "my kids is my next of kin".
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Blockus: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Samsonklin:
No offense meant ooo. But who told u she hussled with me or how do u know she hussled with me? Well I still support d motion dat "my kids is my next of kin".

What does your wife have to do to be said to have hussled with you?
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by litetias(m): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

Thanks for the compliments.. grin

I actually do stand up comedy on the side.. grin

I would crack a joke about how your parents would have gotten better return for their money if they Invested in Savannah Bank than they did investing in you, But I dont think it would be fair to joke about your parents bad financial decisions. grin

Third time unlucky cos this one was not funny. But methinks the underlying issue with you is not village trouble like you so erroneously think but its that old woman that you fuc*ked some time ago then you dumped her. The thing is she placed a curse on you that you will never get laid again. So your lack of pus*sy is affecting the normal working of your brain. You have resorted to masturbation but its not helping matters. And to top it all of the old hag died of heartbreak.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by myhero4eva: 10:55am On Aug 26, 2014
bukatyne:

I am shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed embarassed tongue wink

You don't loff your wife?

Kai! let me dig out her number...
well dat u didnt use ur wife as next of kind does nt mean u dnt luv her...like d former said, life is a risk, so u v 2 probably take a decision comfortable 4u. But 4me, i prefer my darlin bein n custody of my wealth to bein my next of kin, dat is 4 my children...
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by bukatyne(f): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2014
Scyllapatron:

don't mind her biased judgement, from her post you can smell the desperation. only those who see marriage as opportunity to inherit wealth lack the knowledge that husband and wife should work for the children's future, and not to drag inheritance with children.

You obviously did not understand my posts either

And he is a he and not a she

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by gogo2479: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2014
If you are ever married you will know that most women or wives are greedy and insatiable when it comes to money, they always believed a man has money hidden some where that he needs to bring to spend. Sometimes men have more than they declares to their wife for the simple reason that if you declare all you will spend all and when financial need arises you are expected to perform as a man to solve it. But it creates unhappiness in the marriage which leads the wife to behave negatively towards the husband which at times will make the husband to prefer his enemy if not the children to inherit all he has because of the emotional pain the woman is causing him.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Godmystrength: 11:30am On Aug 26, 2014
We are each others next of kin (in case of emergency, call my hubby).
Apart from my hubby, i am the other person that has the best interest of my children. Not any uncle, aunty, sister, brother, parents or siblings. My husband can't come and tell me that his parents or relatives can take care of my children better than i can and also vice versa. Concerning inheritance, though we don't have much now but the little we have are joint properties even to our washing machine. It is Mr and Mrs his first name, my first name and our surname. So it belongs to BOTH of us. So i see no reason why he will now say that he is willing EVERYTHING to the kids because they are not his alone. If he wants to will everything he has to his children, then let him will ONLY all his own PORTION and leave my own portion alone for me then if i like i will all to my children BY MYSELF or anyhow i like.

When we got married, we both didn't have anything to our individual names so it is not like reaping where i did not sow. In fact, anything i reap now, i actually cleared the land for the farming with MY VERY OWN hands........ (even when i wasn't working/earning money, I WAS CONTRIBUTING)

People talking that it is the child the MUST inherit once he/she is of age......No problem..
I(and my siblings) don't expect to inherit my daddy's properties while my mum is still alive. We knew how much she put into building the properties with my dad. In fact, there is no way they can even share the properties because they won't know who owns what e.g when building a house, while my daddy is worrying about cement and sand, my mum is worrying about burglary proofs and windows, dad is worrying about plastering, mum is worrying about painting, dad is worrying about roofing, mum is worrying about the interiors etc. Even if we were still young, we trust either of our parents to have our backs, and they also trust each other to have the children's back. How much more now that we are on our own? who wants to inherit parent's properties when you are working hard to have your own properties.

If you are so worried that your wife or husband will marry another person and they will be spending the money together, at least he/she will spend it together with the children and the new partner now. I think you should also be worried about your relatives taking over your properties without caring for the children. Any of the two ways, You would be long dead and won't even know what is up.

Instead of leaving the future of your children at risk, why not have a plan that will see them through till they are independent and let them worry about themselves afterwards. Haven't you seen children who inherited all their father's properties, squanders it and back to zero level? What will the man do from the grave then?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by AjaoFrancis(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
Love is never blind this days
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by danben(m): 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
there is nothing in making your wife as your next of kin. mine is my next of kin
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by willorie(f): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
some women/wifes are not trustworthy likewise Men/husbands
so, "Child" as next of kin is more preferrable guys

na one bad apple dey always spoil de rest ..
Aslo, na so mechanics dey confuse us to mad-man grin grin
Na 2day?

mua opinion shaa
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Blockus: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
gogo2479: If you are ever married you will know that most women or wives are greedy and insatiable when it comes to money, they always believed a man has money hidden some where that he needs to bring to spend. Sometimes men have more than they declares to their wife for the simple reason that if you declare all you will spend all and when financial need arises you are expected to perform as a man to solve it. But it creates unhappiness in the marriage which leads the wife to behave negatively towards the husband which at times will make the husband to prefer his enemy if not the children to inherit all he has because of the emotional pain the woman is causing him.

This is not an attack on you... But do you consider your mum and sisters to be greedy women?!

Just asking cos it would be interesting to know where you got this idea from!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
your son is your son.... and your daughter is your daughter for life... it is difficult to erase that. The moment your wife divorces your or marries somebody else she ceases to become your wife! It is that simple for me!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ahmeduana:
U WIL ALLOW HER 2 STAMP UR DEATH CERTIFICATE!BY FAST TRACKIN UR DEMISES
Lol. grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by MizzD: 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

Lol..

You obviously do not appreciate the concept of marriage.

Wether she married you after you already had a fortune 500 job or whilst you were still chopping kwili-kwili.. A woman who has stood by you for you ENTIRE life (minus those when she didnt know you), raised your kids, kept your home, gave her best years to you has earned the right to be appreciated and not treated like nobody.

Its not only when the woman meets you when you had nothing that means she 'hussled' with you.. Everyday a Man goes to work, comes home and can eat and sleep peacefully, thats one day of hussle between him and his wife..

#Sometimes I wonder if many of these Nairalanders have Mothers at all?

So when your father passes, you deserve to get his estate ahead of your mother?! SERIOUSLY?!

You see why we have many bad marriages? What is a foundation that is based on zero trust. I find it disgusting reading sheets like "she'll squander the money, what if she kills the husband, what if she marries another person". Are we talking of wives here or roomates or baby mamas? Even women that are not left with anything give up their lives, struggling and hustling for their kids to become successful not to talk of someone who has the means available.

Which mother will squander the money that is supposed to be used to raise her own kids? I swear these guys talk like they have no mothers for real.

Some even talk as if the so called wives do not have means of survival without them. Everyone assumes the wives have zero savings and investments. In this age, how many women are even solely dependent on men? Why do we have single mothers, widows, divorcees who do well and manage their children without the any aid from men?

Too many paranoid men everywhere. Who can blame them, when their own hands are not clean either.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Samsonklin(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

What does your wife have to do to be said to have hussled with you?
Nothing bros, @least not anymore. My kids all the way.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by devour129: 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
soulglo:

Your last question. Simple answer. The average Nigerian man does not want to do the right thing by his wife. Wouldn't you be afraid to give a person you constantly cheat on and humiliate a way to benefit from your misfortune? They would be stupid to do that. So......
and this is the reason why most men don't make their wives next of kin or try to stop every means of them making more money ! A billion likes to you ! This is a way of making sure a woman never leaves them or kill them in extreme cases . They feel money is all that holds a woman and in that case how many women live with dangote ? The truth is ladies marry someone you can forgive ,someone whose good qualities exceeds the bad or one day you might end up killing the guy . And for your info guys, most women stay because they can't leave or won't be allowed to leave with their kids .love your wives ,respect them,let them know they matter above all else n you will have someone that got your back for life. At some point you might Bleep up but she will always get over it n forgive .sorry for my rants this morning , do have a great day all.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Then they are not man/wife...
It only means there is no trust, I started handling my husbands' finance even before we got married. The only reason I wasn't next of kin then was because dey insisted on blood relation.
Immediately we got married, he changed it to me. I was the 1 dat even forgot to change mine bc I run a life assurance with my bro as my next of kin. I had to run and go change mine too.
Why would I even wanna kill my husband nd run off with his money? That's sick
Anyday I ever start norturing such a tot, I think that's d day we should separate.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Dcmg(m): 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
litetias:
Paul Walker was not married to the girls mother slowpoke. We're talking of wives here. In other related news women are cu*nts and men are di*cks
Is that so?Eyah!
But all your generation shall be "Slowpoke"
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
The answer is your blood is better,hence your kids,part of you runs in your children,whereas your wife came from somewhere not from you,so its easier trusting that part of you.
simplyOJ: Marriage defiled mathematical solution of 1+1. In mathematics, the answer is 2 as we all know. But in the marriage equation, the answer is 1. Do the man and the woman see themselves as 1? Or is the union viewed a marriage of convenience which only exist to bear children.

The reason for this thread is just to sample our opinion as it relates to Next-of-Kin status as it relates to the woman in the marriage.
I work with the Public Service and have had the opportunity to go through several documents of men who have been married for years with children
but simply deliberately refused to include their wives as next-of-kin, choosing rather their children.

I was able to sample the opinion of some and one reason that seems prominent with all revolves round suspicion and general lack of trust towards their wives. Do you as a husband Man, share in this suspicion? And as a wifee Woman, how do you feel to know that your husband do not feel comfortable making you his next of kin?
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by bukatyne(f): 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Then they are not man/wife...
It only means there is no trust, I started handling my husbands' finance even before we got married. The only reason I wasn't next of kin then was because dey insisted on blood relation.
Immediately we got married, he changed it to me. I was the 1 dat even forgot to change mine bc I run a life assurance with my bro as my next of kin. I had to run and go change mine too.
Why would I even wanna kill my husband nd run off with his money? That's sick
Anyday I ever start norturing such a tot, I think that's d day we should separate.

My dear,

Some people are NOT married and do not understand what marriage means

Should my husband/wife know my salary?
Should tell my husband/wife about the raise?
Should I build a house in my name only or let my spouse know?
Should I have investments hidden & separate?
Should I iron my wife's shirt?
Should I cook rice for my wife?
Should I cook chicken for my hubby (I like fish more)?
Should I? Should I not?

Kia it is boring!

Even if the other party deserves such treatment, the marriage is not healthy in the first place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? / I Mistakenly Impregnanted My Wife's Sis And Cousin... / South African Lady Who Got Married At 17 Gives Marriage Survival Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.