Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

IS THERE GOD? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IS THERE GOD? (2770 Views)

Is There God / Six reasons for you to believe that there's God / There's Proof, There's God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
A VERY INTERESTING CONVERSATION
An Atheist Professor of Philosophy was speaking to his Class on the Problem Science has with
GOD, the ALMIGHTY. He asked one of his New Christian Students to stand and . . .
Professor :You are a Christian, aren't you, son ?
Student :Yes, sir.
Professor :So, you Believe in GOD ?
Student :Absolutely, sir.
Professor :Is GOD Good ?
Student :Sure.
Professor :Is GOD ALL - POWERFUL ?
Student :Yes.
Professor :My Brother died of Cancer even though he Prayed to GOD to Heal him.
<p> Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. </p> But GOD didn't. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?
(Student was silent )
Professor :You can't answer, can you ? Let's start again, Young Fella. Is GOD Good?
Student : Yes.
Professor : Is Satan good ?
Student :No.
Professor :Where does Satan come from ?
Student :From . . . GOD . . .

2 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
Professor :That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this World?
Professor : Evil is everywhere, isn't it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?
Professor :So who created evil ?
(Student did not answer)
Professor : Is there Sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the World, don't they?
Student : Yes, sir.
Professor :So, who Created them ?
(Student had no answer)
Professor : Science says you have 5 Senses you use to Identify and Observe the World around you. Tell me, son . . . Have you ever Seen GOD?
Student :No, sir.
Professor :Tell us if you have ever Heard your GOD?
Student :No , sir.
Professor :Have you ever Felt your GOD, Tasted your GOD, Smelt your GOD?
Have you ever had any Sensory Perception of GOD for that matter?
Student : No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.
Professor :Yet you still Believe in HIM?

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol,
Science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student :Nothing. I only have my Faith.
Professor :Yes, Faith. And that is the Problem Science has.
(Here, the student begins to shoot back the professor.)
Student :Professor, is there such a thing as Heat?
Professor :Yes.
Student :And is there such a thing as Cold?
Professor :Yes.
Student :No, sir. There isn't.
(The Lecture Theatre became very quiet with this turn of events )
Student : Sir, you can have Lots of Heat, even More Heat, Superheat, Mega Heat, White Heat,
a Little Heat or No Heat. But we don't have anything called Cold. We can hit 458
Degrees below Zero which is No Heat, but we can't go any further after that.

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
There is
no such thing as Cold. Cold is only a Word we use to describe the Absence of Heat. We
cannot Measure Cold.
Heat is Energy. Cold is Not the Opposite of Heat, sir, just the Absence of it.
(There was Pin-Drop Silence in the Lecture Theatre )
Student : What about Darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as Darkness?
Professor : Yes. What is Night if there isn't Darkness?
Student : You're wrong again, sir.
Darkness is the Absence of Something
You can have Low Light, Normal Light, Bright Light, Flashing Light . . .
But if you have No Light constantly, you have nothing and its called Darkness, isn't it?
In reality, Darkness isn't.
If it is, were you would be able to make Darkness Darker, wouldn't you?
Professor : So what is the point you are making, Young Man ?
Student : Sir, my point is your Philosophical Premise is flawed.
Professor : Flawed ? Can you explain how?
Student : Sir, you are working on the Premise of Duality.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
You argue there is Life and then there is Death, a Good GOD and a Bad GOD.
You are viewing the Concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure.
Sir, Science can't even explain a Thought.
It uses Electricity and Magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood
either one.
To view Death as the Opposite of Life is to be ignorant of the fact that Death cannot
exist as a Substantive Thing. Death is Not the Opposite of Life: just the Absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your Students that they evolved from a
Monkey?
Professor : If you are referring to the Natural Evolutionary Process, yes, of course, I do.
Student : Have you ever observed Evolution with your own eyes, sir?
(The Professor shook his head with a Smile, beginning to realize where the Argument was going )
Student : Since no one has ever observed the Process of Evolution at work and <p>
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Cannot even prove that this Process is an On-Going Endeavor, </p><p> Are you not teaching your Opinion, sir? </p> Are you not a Scientist but a Preacher?
(The Class was in Uproar )
Student : Is there anyone in the Class who has ever seen the Professor's Brain?
(The Class broke out into Laughter )
Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's Brain, Felt it, touched or Smelt
it? . . . No one appears to have done so. <p> So, according to the Established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, </p><p> Science says that You have No Brain, sir. </p> With all due respect, sir, how do we then Trust your Lectures, sir?
(The Room was Silent. The Professor stared at the Student, his face unfathomable)
Professor : I guess you'll have to take them on Faith, son.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Student : That is it sir . . . Exactly ! <p> The Link between Man & GOD is FAITH. </p> That is all that Keeps Things Alive and Moving.
NB: I believe you have enjoyed the Conversation . . . and if so . . . You'll probably want your Friends / Colleagues to enjoy the same . . . won't you? Forward them to Increase their Knowledge . . . or FAITH. That student was Albert Einstein.

2 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
With oga seun, finofaya gombs muskeeto atheistd chrisviral kay17 matigo vikthor bishoptim fajani declaro charliemaria rossyc noblemarce ezugegere k2039 icekidgodfrey sobrit uzolexis urbanmystique zikdik italo atigba iamtewwy alentyno and joagbage

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by urheme: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fantastic, just can't stop reading this extract.
Lovely lovely lovely

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by alentyno: 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Books space
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Zikdik(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
Following
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
You just can't cure stupid.... sad

Even Christians worth their private Jets would agree that this is a stupid "proof" .

PS Albert Einstein never said this shi t.
The guy was a Bleep ing atheist for crying out loud.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IS THERE GOD? by italo: 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
All Atheist arguments against God are based on flawed premises. All.

4 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Apatheist: You just can't cure stupid.... sad

Even Christians worth their private Jets would agree that this is a stupid "proof" .

Did you enjoy the conversation? grin What arguement do you have against the conversation? grin grin
Re: IS THERE GOD? by iamtewwy(m): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
so ?? whats your point? the student defending its god, ok pls wen wud that god come down and defend himself!! huh?
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
iamtewwy: so ?? whats your point? the student defending its god, ok pls wen wud that god come down and defend himself!! huh?
I expect you to try to disprove the write up insted of giving excuses.ARE YOU GIVING IN? grin
Re: IS THERE GOD? by onetrack(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Emmalot121: A VERY INTERESTING CONVERSATION
An Atheist Professor of Philosophy was speaking to his Class on the Problem Science has with
GOD, the ALMIGHTY. He asked one of his New Christian Students to stand and . . .
Professor :You are a Christian, aren't you, son ?
Student :Yes, sir.

Lol. Albert Einstein was Jewish, not Christian. And not religious. If you are going to make up stories at least get basic information correct.

6 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by onetrack(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

--Albert Einstein, letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

5 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by uzolexis(f): 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Apatheist: You just can't cure stupid.... sad

Albert Einstein was not an atheist,he was not a christian either but he believed in the existence of a superior being,a being greater than man. Here are some of his quotes "every scientist becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men"
"What I am really interested in knowing is whether God could have created the world in a different way"
"My religiosity consists of a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit,...that superior reasoning power forms my idea of God"
He said a lot of things that confirm his belief in God

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Zikdik(m): 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
uzolexis:

Albert Einstein was not an atheist,he was not a christian either but he believed in the existence of a superior being,a being greater than man. Here are some of his quotes "every scientist becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men"
"What I am really interested in knowing is whether God could have created the world in a different way"
"My religiosity consists of a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit,...that superior reasoning power forms my idea of God"
He said a lot of things that confirm his belief in God
Your signature...
Fred would be so proud, even in death.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by uzolexis(f): 12:01am On Aug 26, 2014
Zikdik:
Your signature...
Fred would be so proud, even in death.

grin grin i'm their biggest fan. George too.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by finofaya: 12:12am On Aug 26, 2014
The argument wasn't clear enough for me. In the context of the argument, what does the premise of duality have to do with the existence of God? Am I to understand God as the presence or absence of something? What is that thing?

And if you say good and bad are not two separate things, I'd like to know your definition good and bad.

This issue of faith now. Faith has been defined to include or exclude reason. Some people think you have to reason first, and then have faith based on the evidence (don't ask me how they came about such a convenient definition). Others say you should just have faith.

Where faith includes reason, nobody has said where the limit of reasoning should lie. By such standards, anybody that is reasoning is on his way to having faith. So you can't tell anybody to stop reasoning.

And where faith excludes evidence, it is (respectfully) BONKERS. In such a case, you can reject faith, based on faith, since you don't have to explain anything.

Plus, evolution is a scientific theory. It is testable. Once it fails any test, it is reviewed. So whether you see it or not, you are free to test and review it. Do you have such freedom with your God? If he does not answer a prayer, do you review him? Unless you consider God a scientific theory, there really is no basis for comparing evolution to him.

I think the conversation is drivel sha.

5 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2014
onetrack:

Lol. Albert Einstein was Jewish, not Christian. And not religious. If you are going to make up stories at least get basic information correct.
grin Jew I know is a tribe,even Jesus was a Jew grin .Attack the arguement and not the person who said it.
MAY GOD HELP YOU.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Zikdik(m): 8:00am On Aug 26, 2014
What argument? That was a trumped-up conversation by a blindsided theist in support of theism. It's so bias and myopic. Who recorded the conversation betwixt the professor and his student verbatim? If I was given a Penny each time I've seen that garbage on the Internet, I'd be a millionaire by now.
Present a reasonable argument. I'd be glad to discuss with you.

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 8:20am On Aug 26, 2014
finofaya: The argument wasn't clear enough for me. In the context of the argument, what does the premise of duality have to do with the existence of God? Am I to understand God as the presence or absence of something? What is that thing?

And if you say good and bad are not two separate things, I'd like to know your definition good and bad.

This issue of faith now. Faith has been defined to include or exclude reason. Some people think you have to reason first, and then have faith based on the evidence (don't ask me how they came about such a convenient definition). Others say you should just have faith.

Where faith includes reason, nobody has said where the limit of reasoning should lie. By such standards, anybody that is reasoning is on his way to having faith. So you can't tell anybody to stop reasoning.

And where faith excludes evidence, it is (respectfully) BONKERS. In such a case, you can reject faith, based on faith, since you don't have to explain anything.

Plus, evolution is a scientific theory. It is testable. Once it fails any test, it is reviewed. So whether you see it or not, you are free to test and review it. Do you have such freedom with your God? If he does not answer a prayer, do you review him? Unless you consider God a scientific theory, there really is no basis for comparing evolution to him.

I think the conversation is drivel sha.
Have you ever tried faith?No!!! You claim it does not work even when Doctors have testified to the fact that patients with faith heals quicker than patients without.The Bible is a divine guide for mankind which if strictly followed,no court on earth can justifiably jail you.
As for unanswered prayers,all prayers of righteous are answered except for the fact that the inability of mankind to effectively predict the future makes him think his prayers are unanswered because he lacks understanding of the long term effect of the short term GOOD of his prayer.That is why Christ said:all that happens to man happens to him for his own GOOD.
The topic I wrote's motive is mainly to show you there is no bad God,It is his absence from us that creates bad.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Rexyl(m): 9:46am On Aug 26, 2014
onetrack: "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

--Albert Einstein, letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

yeah the word of God is settled on earth and in the heavens for ever
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 26, 2014
Atheists: always shallow at things they think they know. Smh
Re: IS THERE GOD? by fajani(m): 10:07am On Aug 26, 2014
Emmalot121: grin Jew I know is a tribe,even Jesus was a Jew grin .Attack the arguement and not the person who said it.
MAY GOD HELP YOU.
I think Jewish are Christians..... who is the king of Jew
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 26, 2014
Ima freethinker and me being here,I don't see true religion or atheist what I see and perceive is DIVISION!!!!!!!
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 11:59am On Aug 26, 2014
Zikdik: What argument? That was a trumped-up conversation by a blindsided theist in support of theism. It's so bias and myopic. Who recorded the conversation betwixt the professor and his student verbatim? If I was given a Penny each time I've seen that garbage on the Internet, I'd be a millionaire by now.
Present a reasonable argument. I'd be glad to discuss with you.
I have tried in vain to make people discuss the topic,neglecting wether it was spoken by Einstein or written by someone.
Ilan Smith predicated the person who scored in world cup final,the time he scored,the score line consequently telling us who won the world cup.This happend at a time that there were tension in Germany and Argentina and all over the world on who was going to win the world cup.
This guy predicated the future in a way no one could argue on.This simple things are some of the proof of God's existence,though Bible is against Magicians but if this simple illustration is not proof enough of something beyond physical and and scientific means exist that dictates and rule over man's affairs,what else will.
PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by finofaya: 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Emmalot121: Have you ever tried faith?No!!! You claim it does not work even when Doctors have testified to the fact that patients with faith heals quicker than patients without.The Bible is a divine guide for mankind which if strictly followed,no court on earth can justifiably jail you.
As for unanswered prayers,all prayers of righteous are answered except for the fact that the inability of mankind to effectively predict the future makes him think his prayers are unanswered because he lacks understanding of the long term effect of the short term GOOD of his prayer.That is why Christ said:all that happens to man happens to him for his own GOOD.
The topic I wrote's motive is mainly to show you there is no bad God,It is his absence from us that creates bad.

What kind of faith are you asking me about? The one that includes evidence or the one that excludes it?

What doctors testified? In whom or what did the patients have faith?

The bible prescribes killing a man for worshiping a God other than Yahweh. How do you plan to justify yourself if you follow this instruction?

I only wanted to know whether God is testable. But we both know he is not. If something about God is said to be false, you will say it's an exception, or appeal to faith or something. God does not fail any test.

For example, you say Christ has said that anything that happens to a man is for his own good. Let us test only the truth of this statement. We're not testing God or anything. If it so happens to a man that he dies a sinner and goes to hell to be tormented for eternity, is that for his good? If the answer is yes, then the statement is true. Otherwise it is false. I'd like to hear your take.

God may be good, but what does good mean where there is no bad? What is the bad thing that makes God good and how did it come about?

2 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
finofaya:

What kind of faith are you asking me about? The one that includes evidence or the one that excludes it?

What doctors testified? In whom or what did the patients have faith?

The bible prescribes killing a man for worshiping a God other than Yahweh. How do you plan to justify yourself if you follow this instruction?

I only wanted to know whether God is testable. But we both know he is not. If something about God is said to be false, you will say it's an exception, or appeal to faith or something. God does not fail any test.

For example, you say Christ has said that anything that happens to a man is for his own good. Let us test only the truth of this statement. We're not testing God or anything. If it so happens to a man that he dies a sinner and goes to hell to be tormented for eternity, is that for his good? If the answer is yes, then the statement is true. Otherwise it is false. I'd like to hear your take.

God may be good, but what does good mean where there is no bad? What is the bad thing that makes God good and how did it come about?
You are a wise man,you seek to explain things you have never seen,yet you think you have made no mistake,you have succeeded to make yourself a fool for trying to explain something out of nothing.For God himself came from infinity and no man can reach infinity.
Big Bang that you base your life on is only a guess work to determine how possibly mankind could have evolved ,same goes with evolution as it is a guess work with no one to evidently tell us he saw how we evolved from monkeys and consequently when monkeys will become human like us.
Science has refused to tell us how a man called Ilan Smith predicted the outcome of the World Cup final,the name of the person who scored and the time he scored.
Do you know the implication of this?It means with all our efforts to do things,there are those who can predict the outcome of everything.It means the WORLD CUP was a mere formalty as some can read the randomness of a man's life and tell you where all is gonna end.
This things big bang can never explain and you wish I believe a mere theory.
Everything that happens to man happens to him for his own good,if he follows the divine plan God has for his life.As man has eaten from the fruit of good and bad and subsequently knows the outcome of each step he takes even though God wants the man in heaven,he has given him permission to rule his life.Death came to him to move him to eternal bliss,but his sinful act denied him therefore death was good but he made it look bad.
There are thousands,if not millions of gods,most asking for blood of fellow man, babies or those that are against them e.g. Islam but Jesus is the only one that came with a divine rule that you and I know if the world strictly follow,there will be no problem,he ate with sinners and even one of his disciples acknowledged how deeply religious some people who worshipped gods were instead of calling for their head.gods are many because of the long thirst of mankind for God and that is why Christ himself came to us all.
As for FAITH,as a scientist,try it first,and come back to this thread to tell me if it is true or not.God is infinitely good,the absence of God is infinitely bad.
STAY BLESSED AS YOU SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH AS THOUGH IT WERE FAR FROM YOU.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tell These Enugu Christians To Shut The Hell Up..... / Who Recorded The Prayer Of Jesus About Letting His Cup Pass Him? / BE BOLD; DON'T SETTLE FOR FEAR.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.