Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili (31216 Views)

Caroline Danjuma's Husband Rubbing Her Feet At A Night Club (photos) / Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. / Why I Stormed Out Of Tribute Event By Imo State Government– Charley Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by natureblack(m): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Somehow I know we'll meet again,not quite sure where or when,you're in our heart so until then GOODBYE

**** sobs and walks away from thread****
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by gbenga4sure(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP.u lived a life of selflesr service.
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by xpensive05: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP Prof ........you will always be remembered
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by wofaiwillis: 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2014

Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by owem(f): 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
Realone92: rip
i t k
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by hohafrank(m): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
R.I.P great woman.
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by omoredia: 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
$%^&

Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by abbccc(m): 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP Prof Dora Akunyili....you did what 70% of Nigerians cannot do even at the expense of your own life just to save many Nigerians which you did....May God in HIS infinite mercy grant your soul eternal rest and happiness in HIS bossom.....AMEN....
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by Ifyngene: 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
R.i.p Mummy
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by iswallker(m): 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
9jahubcom: [img]http://4.bp..com/-5YBdsz9q4OM/U_xmUnrW_fI/AAAAAAADaJs/ocJ_s0NZq2w/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

A Night of Tribute took place yesterday evening at the International Conference Center Abuja in honor of Prof Dora Akunyili who died on June 7th in India after a battle with cancer. Dignitaries included former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd), Former Education Minister Dr Oby Ezekwesili, Onyeka Onwenu, Minister of Power Chukwu Nebo, Senator Chris Ngige amongst others.

Pres. Jonathan will lead other men and women today to Our Lady Queen of Nigeria Pro-Cathedral Catholic Church, Garki, Abuja, for a Requiem Mass in honour of late Akunyili. She will be buried at her husband's home in Agulu Anambra state on Thursday August 28th.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-ytw28Inlrmc/U_xmKsqnwdI/AAAAAAADaJk/KypHSpVbLV4/s1600/04.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-JHPljiPRVdQ/U_xmVz_tlLI/AAAAAAADaJ0/J1jj0w048yQ/s280/2.jpg[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/-xhzabc8oC5o/U_xmWfsolPI/AAAAAAADaJ4/NTd1rT_eFmo/s280/03.jpg[/img][img]http://1.bp..com/-awxD_0tOdnM/U_xmWxxqyzI/AAAAAAADaJ8/LuXgO0ts1Hw/s280/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-9SW3RZsmn_Q/U_xmaD8-fEI/AAAAAAADaKU/snyq0rDFlDE/s280/9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-ekLaVqukMts/U_xmbBP3psI/AAAAAAADaKg/7M4lPG7vtMs/s280/10.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-oxxG_X89AFk/U_xmblE_9AI/AAAAAAADaKk/dMiVKuUxoYA/s280/11.jpg[/img][img]http://1.bp..com/-4xGk1H1NhLY/U_xmZq8TIeI/AAAAAAADaKQ/bm2ZzVv0Sro/s280/8.jpg[/img]

Why re they opening teeth...is it a night of a thisand laughs...

Rip ma'am..ure a rare gem..

1 Like

Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by allanphash7(m): 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
if to say i dey this kind of gathering na back i go dey look always cos na this kind of place shekau love to visit. anyway Rip to the dead
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by millionboi(m): 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
I strtd mournin u d vry 1st day i had abt ur political ambition.......R.I.P Nwanyi oma

1 Like

Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by echobee(f): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
Rest in peace,ma cry
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by comfy16(f): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
rest in peace
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by nwapastor: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP My Dora Akunyili. Hope to walk in your exemplary steps. ADIEU
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by seguno2: 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
kingzjay: Her memories will never die...

........only if a meaningful & sustained foundation in her name is established & nurtured to deal with the cause of her death for example.

1 Like

Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by Elaric(m): 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
RIP to a great fighter...
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by odinakaoluchi: 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Prof dora, you are one in a millon. Great amazon, your legacies are there to speak and are printed in the sands of time. Good night.
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by wirelessssss(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
We appreciateyou ma'am
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by wirelessssss(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
She remains in our hearts
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by UnknownT: 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Which barber cuts Oby Ezekwesili's hair?
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by wirelessssss(m): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
DoraLiveson!
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by wirelessssss(m): 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
[size=38pt]Dora lives on![/size]

[s]
Malaysian Airline Suffers Hard Time - Record Empty Rows Of Seats While Air-bond

The worst nightmare that any airline company would never pray to experience might be said to have struck the prestigious Malaysian airlines, after the double unforeseen tragic incidence recorded in that industry withing a year. The said airline company might in no time come to a halt if swift actions to reclaim back its

Continue to read more below uuu..com[/s]

If you want to know the connection between Dora and the Malaysian airlines, ...(continue reading here)

Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by sapientia(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
Agu nwanyi.. You did it.. You saved more Nigerians more than any past leader (thats if any did.. I cant say and dont even know).. And to think that there is not even a single person in Nigeria saying negative things about you brings tears to my eyes. You worked tirelessly without tribal sentiments.. You were a mother in the real sense of motherhood cos all that mothers do is care and protect...

I Pray that God will give your family the strength to bear this great loss.
I Pray that God will give Nigeria another you to help us in this time of utmost cases of corruption..

Adios Agu nwanyi
Adios Prof
Adios the patriotic Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by MARKone(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
What more can be said...

Sleep well.
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by Ejovwoke(m): 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
Is like good people dont last Oo.....RIP...Memories of you will never be forgetten.
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by akwaowoudo(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
Thank you Prof. May your soul rest in peace.
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by onagoodday: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
what else can i say....good night
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by mejai(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
good nyt ma. ur legacy will keep shining. jee nke OMA.
a beg who is DAT man with coloured 'bear-bear'?
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Rip maam im curious to know if she was cremated.
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by olson(m): 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
we are born to die. rest in peace. you left yr footprint on d sand of time. Nigeria will forget you.
Re: Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili by kenbee(f): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus: Agu Nwanyi...

Thanks for all you did for this Nation especially as NAFDAC Chief.

Everytime I sing the National Anthem of Nigeria and hit the lines 'The Labor of our Heroes Past, shall never be in Vain', I will also think of you..

R.I.P Madam.. #From A grateful Nigerian.

Not just what she did as NAFDAC chief alone but most importantly opening-up when cabals wanted to make incapacitated Yar'adua life President.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

E-money And Wife Juliet Okonkwo Fly Business Class To Bangkok For A Seminar / Segun Arinze Shares Shocking But Funny Video Of A Dog Twerking. Fans React / Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.