Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World (31215 Views)

Gay Activist, Bisi Alimi Comes For Pastor Adeboye For Buying A Private Jet / Bisi Alimi, HIV+ Gay Activist & 'Husband' Adopt Baby Boy / Photos: Popular Nigerian Gay Activist, Bisi Alimi Shows Off His New Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by GSKing: 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
The annual World Pride Power List, which honours the achievements of 100 influential lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people around the world, has named Nigeria’s first openly gay rights activist Bisi Alimi as one of the most influential gay people in the world.

Bisi Alimi, a Nigerian gay rights activist, public speaker, blog writer and HIV/LGBT advocate.

To celebrate June as the Pride month, every year since 2012, Square Peg Media and Guardian newspaper release the list of the 100 most powerful LGBT around the world. This year’s World Pride Power List includes Russian and African activists, trans politicians, and CEOs of
global companies.

Bisi Alimi, a Nigerian gay rights activist, public speaker, blog writer and HIV/LGBT advocate who achieved notoriety when he became the first Nigerian to come out of the closet on television. This is the gay activist’s first appearance on the list, and he debuts at Number 77 as the most influential gay person in the world.

He was listed in the “Independent on Sunday” Pink List of most influential LGBT people in Britain in 2011, 2012, 2013, peaking at number 90 in 2012. He also took the third place on the 100 most influential Non White Atheist and
Free thinkers in Britain and Northern Ireland.

On New Year’s day, 2014, he was named to The Gay UK LGBT 2014 honour list in recognition of his exemplary work to Education in the LGBT community and he has been nominated for an “Out In The City magazine’s” Diversity Champion of the Year Award. The Out In The City award is known as “UK LGBT Oscar”.

The top 10 most influential gay people on World Pride Power List include:

1. Laverne Cox, actor and activist

2. Ellen DeGeneres, comedian and TV presenter

3. Tom Daley, diver and TV presenter

4. Stephen Fry, polymath and TV presenter

5. Sir Ian McKellen, actor

6. Gok Wan, TV presenter

7. Clare Balding, TV presenter

8. Graham Norton, TV presenter

9. Elton John, musician

10. Anthony Watson, chief information officer, Nike

www.informationng.com/2014/07/nigerian-gay-rights-activist-bisi-alimi-named-as-the-most-influential-gay-person-in-the-world.html

7 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by reedbam: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Wrong place! We don't celebrate this kind of people in this part of the world

29 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by GSKing: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
We includes you and who? We actually do. Thanks for your contribution.

12 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Animal celebrated in animal kingdom

22 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
JudismphD: Animal celebrated in animal kingdom
grin grin ¤ ¤

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by beryl04(m): 11:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
GSKing: We includes you and who? We actually do. Thanks for your contribution.

Omo eeh, some of this nairaland girls just need to see a pic of that Laverne Cox girl.daayuum she's hot and America is all over her at the moment.

6 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by anitaoluchi(f): 12:00am On Jul 02, 2014
May GOD forgive u
Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Airforce1(m): 12:03am On Jul 02, 2014
Front Yes...Back No!

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by beryl04(m): 1:13am On Jul 02, 2014
JudismphD: Animal celebrated in animal kingdom

Bumkum,he's gay and an animal but u on the hand, ur not gay but ur government has been fuc,king u and ur forbears from behind since 1960 and what does that make u huh-gay and an animal in d lower rung of the food chain.
Now get lost fooool!

19 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by CyrusLevi(m): 1:47am On Jul 02, 2014
Forever Proud of him.

Happy Pride Month(Past)

10 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by CyrusLevi(m): 1:50am On Jul 02, 2014
GSKing: We includes you and who? We actually do. Thanks for your contribution.
Age and location,need a cool lez buddy.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Koolmexxi(m): 1:54am On Jul 02, 2014
Well OP, U do realise dey put him on dat list jus to make ur lyks in dis part of the world feel beta and important. Africa and some other parts of the world still hold dear to morals and won't hesitate to condemn any moral wrongdoing which negates not jus our culture and traditions but also our religion. Westerners are quick to condemn polygamy and some of us saw some sense in dat but now dey turn around propagate homosexuality like it's a norm. Imagine the irony of a gay couple adopting babies born by a straight couple. SMH...

31 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by dahfweshdude69: 1:55am On Jul 02, 2014
undecidedmtcheew
Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by CyrusLevi(m): 2:02am On Jul 02, 2014
Koolmexxi: Well OP, U do realise dey put him on dat list jus to make ur lyks in dis part of the world feel beta and important. Africa and some other parts of the world still hold dear to morals and won't hesitate to condemn any moral wrongdoing which negates not jus our culture and traditions but also our religion. Westerners are quick to condemn polygamy and some of us saw some sense in dat but now dey turn around propagate homosexuality like it's a norm. Imagine the irony of a gay couple adopting babies born by a straight couple. SMH...
Forbes putting Dangote on the list of most powerful people in the world is to make us feel better and important.
SMH.

Must you always come up with irrelevant arguements,shouldn't you see the facts first.

17 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 02, 2014
beryl04:

Bumkum,he's gay and an animal but u on the hand, ur not gay but ur government has been fuc,king u and ur forbears from behind since 1960 and what does that make u huh-gay and an animal in d lower rung of the food chain.
Now get lost fooool!
u are doom, animalistic gay who derive joyous moment from sodomy. Who truly epitomises A FOOL? Me or a gay? You quoted the wrong person miserable foe of humanity and i will definately place u where you belong. PIT! U can't use government lapses and inefficiency to legalise illegality or moralise immorality. Shame on u and ur entire household gayist animal, waste product, iconoclatic pig, compound imp from maggotic bastard. Make thunder draw tatoo for that ur evil iron! Your mother could have taken abortion pill to flush u down the pit only u have materialise to become satanic gay. Oloshi. Go and die, useless thing, shame to humanity. ALL YOUR CONTRUBUTIONS ON NAIRALAND ARE GAY RELATED ISSUES when other sensible men canalise their intellect and effort to constructive academic productivity. I pity your depressive and retrogressive life. Combing the net searhing for men of like mind to screw whose life is totally demonic. No matter ur frustration, 14 years await u since u remain a liability to society. Omaale

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Emperortj93(m): 6:21am On Jul 02, 2014
JudismphD: u are doom, animalistic gay who derive joyous moment from sodomy. Who truly epitomises A FOOL? Me or a gay? You quoted the wrong person miserable foe of humanity and i will definately place u where you belong. PIT! U can't use government lapses and inefficiency to legalise illegality or moralise immorality. Shame on u and ur entire household gayist animal, waste product, iconoclatic pig, compound imp from maggotic bastard. Make thunder draw tatoo for that ur evil iron! Your mother could have taken abortion pill to flush u down the pit only u have materialise to become satanic gay. Oloshi. Go and die, useless thing, shame to humanity. ALL YOUR CONTRUBUTIONS ON NAIRALAND ARE GAY RELATED ISSUES when other sensible men canalise their intellect and effort to constructive academic productivity. I pity your depressive and retrogressive life. Combing the net searhing for men of like mind to screw whose life is totally demonic. No matter ur frustration, 14 years await u since u remain a liability to society. Omaale
chaiii, i yaff dead

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by hatux: 6:27am On Jul 02, 2014
May GOD bless and protects his children!
Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Phrankin(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2014
Emperortj93: chaiii, i yaff dead
simple English you can't spoke.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by GSKing: 7:26am On Jul 02, 2014
JudismphD: u are doom, animalistic gay who derive joyous moment from sodomy. Who truly epitomises A FOOL? Me or a gay? You quoted the wrong person miserable foe of humanity and i will definately place u where you belong. PIT! U can't use government lapses and inefficiency to legalise illegality or moralise immorality. Shame on u and ur entire household gayist animal, waste product, iconoclatic pig, compound imp from maggotic bastard. Make thunder draw tatoo for that ur evil iron! Your mother could have taken abortion pill to flush u down the pit only u have materialise to become satanic gay. Oloshi. Go and die, useless thing, shame to humanity. ALL YOUR CONTRUBUTIONS ON NAIRALAND ARE GAY RELATED ISSUES when other sensible men canalise their intellect and effort to constructive academic productivity. I pity your depressive and retrogressive life. Combing the net searhing for men of like mind to screw whose life is totally demonic. No matter ur frustration, 14 years await u since u remain a liability to society. Omaale

This ^^^ is uncalled for! Look how bitter your post is. If you didn't like the thread, why not step out of your house and get a life instead of being unproductive online?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2014
gringringringrin I almost collapsed with laughter while reading this.......guy,u re well mouth try and take it easy on him.

9 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Koolmexxi(m): 9:10am On Jul 02, 2014
Cyrus Levi: Forbes putting Dangote on the list of most powerful people in the world is to make us feel better and important.
SMH.

Must you always come up with irrelevant arguements,shouldn't you see the facts first.
Otondo U had to quote me cos u're gay. Is there a Forbes list of world's most influential straight ppl? Ellen Degeneres makes it to both the annual Forbes list of world's most influential women, world's richest women, highest earning celebrities because she holds sway worldwide in d entertainment biz. Well obviously u misunderstood my post to mean dat the Forbes annual ranking is irrelevant? If u weren't so gay u'ld have actually understood wat I meant. Well let me state it clearly again. D Alimi dude on dat list was put to make his lyks in Africa (Gays) feel beta and important cos wat other noticeable and meaningful influence does he hold in Nigeria or Africa? Gay is wrong simple. If u lyk wear am a crown of glory it will not change dat fact.

12 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2014
Good to see Nigerians bin recognized for something great.

7 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2014
1,000,000 likes.

16 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by ayztech(f): 9:53am On Jul 02, 2014
Ms_Steph: Good to see Nigerians bin recognized for something great.

How? In what way is THAT great

14 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2014
ayztech:

How, in what way is THAT great
do u want him to be a terrorist or scammer? He is just gay and happy that aint a crime and he aint killing pple

13 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by ayztech(f): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2014
[
Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by ayztech(f): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2014
Ms_Steph: do u want him to be a terrorist or scammer? He is just gay and happy that aint a crime and he aint killing pple

That analogy is skewed as gays can also be terrorists and scammers!
Regular people can also be happy, normal and not killing pple nor committing other criminal offences.

My point is, on the contrary, he being a Nigerian, his election tarnished the Nigerian image more.

7 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by beryl04(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2014

Hahahaha! U don finish?oya, vamoose uve been duly noticed.what a waste of space and energy u r!

6 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Airforce1(m): 10:31am On Jul 02, 2014

Chei

Diaris god o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 02, 2014
ayztech:

That analogy is skewed as gays can also be terrorists and scammers!
Regular people can also be happy, normal and not killing pple nor committing other criminal offences.

My point is, on the contrary, he being a Nigerian, his election tarnished the Nigerian image more.
Which image? Do u watch the news? Nigeria's image is dead and gone like 2years ago this guy is "Influential" even if its by nyashing another guy that is not a crime.

9 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by dridowu: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Bisi Alimi Named As The Most Influential Gay Person In The World by CyrusLevi(m): 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
Did you really have to do this.You are lower than an animal and should be treated like one.

Later in future this person you cursed would be known for something greater than you'll never ever reach in life.

You think if Alimi wasn't outed,harrassed,totured,molested both by Unilag and Nigerian Govt,who will know him.Bro,someone has to do the bad dirty tnz,which you doing?its gonna be history someday.Cause you'll wish you hadn't.

Alimi's voice can be heard anytime,he can call BBC or CNN and have his words heard,even your president has to buy slots.Be realistic,you ignorance and hate is not worth it.

Gays give you headache,they shouldn't.You have something more productive to think of.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Mr Ibu John Okafor On Suicide Battle: How I Almost Jumped Into A Well In Ajao / Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Her 32nd Birthday With Stunning Photos & Powerful Message / "We Stay Dripping" - Annie Idibia Shares Cute Photo With Husband, 2face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.