Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? (14454 Views)

Best SUV For 1 Million Naira Budget? / Which Is Best SUV For Nigeria Roads? / Best SUV For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by pufectskin: 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
I drive an Avalon now, but its not mine and sometimes a humongous suv and
peeps look at me like who is d skinny little chic in dese cars.
I am lookin to buy an SUV cos of d awful conditions of Nigerian roads,
but what suv can a 5ft6 56kg weighing girl like me buy that wouldn't look too huge?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by DECOtech(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
Go for a Toyota RAV4, a Honda CRV or a Lexus RX300.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by pufectskin: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
Thanks for ur response. Pls what is d year for each model u have mentioned? Also, what are their pros and cons in terms of fuel mileage, durability, and ability to withstand rough naija roads.
DECOtech: Go for a Toyota RAV4, a Honda CRV or a Lexus RX300. Call Dan on
08030938491 to get u anyone of ur choice.
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by Lexusgs430: 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2012
Not forgetting Nissan xtrail, murano, fx family, mdx etc
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by pufectskin: 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
Come on! I see d murano as big. Even d Lexus RX300, but I can deal with d CRV in terms of size but I just don't like d design or perhaps cos dere is so much of it on d roads. I like exotic things. I need d car by November at d latest (dats about 5 months).
Lexusgs430: Not forgetting Nissan xtrail, murano, fx family, mdx etc
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by DECOtech(m): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2012
A 2008 toyota rav4 built strong, yet with elegance in mind wld suit u n ur needs just fine. Mileage is 57k miles. Pls post ur email txt it to my number if u don't mind so that I can send u pics n price by morning.
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by Lexusgs430: 2:37am On Jun 07, 2012
pufectskin: Thanks for ur response. Pls what is d year for each model u have mentioned? Also, what are their pros and cons in terms of fuel mileage, durability, and ability to withstand rough naija roads.

The only vehicle to withstand Nigerian roads effectively is an armoured tank, all other vehicles suv's,saloons etc etc etc are just managing or do I state coping till there shocks and chassis begin to judder!!!

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by AnotherOkija: 3:01am On Jun 07, 2012
Hyundai ix35
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by http(m): 3:11am On Jun 07, 2012
I will recommend Nissan Armanda 2011 model, you will be perfect in it, otherwise try Cobi bus or Keke Napep...lol! the type they use in Ikare Akoko in Ondo state.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by ekeroyal(m): 3:32am On Jun 07, 2012
pufectskin: I drive an Avalon now, but its not mine and sometimes a humongous suv and
but what suv can a 5ft6 56kg weighing girl like me buy that wouldn't look too huge?

Thanks in advance!

Try the tata nano, it'll be perfect for your size otherwise you can go for the Chevrolet Joy. If you can't find those, you can try Fiat 500 Jolly.

These cars definitely would be nice for you. All the best.
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by USAutoBuy(m): 4:08am On Jun 07, 2012
Hi,

Its kinda hard to know how "new" or "old" you want your car to be. but a 1999-2001 CRV is a perfect fit. Expect to drop like N1.3 on the average for a good one.

As for the RAV4, i will suggest a 2004-2005. Expect to drop like N2.2 on the average.

I will advise to to stay away from 2001 - 2003 RAV4, they are PRONE to gear/transmission issues.

Good luck out there.

Regards

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 07, 2012
Nissan Sentra
Mazda 2/3/5/6
toyota corolla
Nissan Altima
My fav. . . . Toyota camry

etc. . . .
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by pufectskin: 4:22am On Jun 07, 2012
Thanks, US-AutoBuy, I am lookin for smtg not too old, perhaps 2009 upwards since I would probably drive it for 3 3 to 5yrs.
US-AutoBuy:
Hi,

Its kinda hard to know how "new" or "old" you want your car to be. but a 1999-2001 CRV is a perfect fit. Expect to drop like N1.3 on the average for a good one.

As for the RAV4, i will suggest a 2004-2005. Expect to drop like N2.2 on the average.

I will advise to to stay away from 2001 - 2003 RAV4, they are PRONE to gear/transmission issues.

Good luck out there.

Regards
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by pufectskin: 4:24am On Jun 07, 2012
Pls just SUVs.
Ileke-IdI:
Nissan Sentra
Mazda 2/3/5/6
toyota corolla
Nissan Altima
My fav. . . . Toyota camry

etc. . . .
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 07, 2012
Honda Crv is perfect. Also, Honda Element or Rav4
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by adewasco2k(m): 5:29am On Jun 07, 2012
pufectskin: I drive an Avalon now, but its not mine and sometimes a humongous suv and

Thanks in advance!
just go for RAV4 2010 model
Goodluck
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by geometry(m): 5:33am On Jun 07, 2012
HONDA ELEMENT WOULD JUST PERFECT,,!!!..THEN MIND YOU, YOU ARE NOT SMALL,.. YOU MIGHT NOT CARRY EXCESS FLESH,.. YOU HEIGHT IS ALMOST THAT OF QUEEN LATIFAH,...6FT10''... SO,..I GUESS NO ONE WOULD SAY SHE IS SMALL,.. LOL,.. I AM USING QUEEN LATIFAH AS AN EXAMPLE because SHE IS KNOWN TO ALMOST ALL,..AT LEAST FOR HEIGHT...
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 07, 2012
H2
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by edlion57(m): 6:07am On Jun 07, 2012
by bicycle it is small
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by Chuks84(m): 6:23am On Jun 07, 2012
Kia Picanto is also good, should be perfect for your size...
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by asalti(m): 6:53am On Jun 07, 2012
DECOtech: A 2008 toyota rav4 built strong, yet with elegance in mind wld suit u n ur needs just fine. Mileage is 57k miles. Pls post ur email txt it to my number if u don't mind so that I can send u pics n price by morning.

Pls can i have ur no so i can send my email. I am very interested in d rav4. Thx
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 07, 2012
@op. If you don`t mind driving a brand new car and something sporty and sexy at the same time. Then a KIA sportage will do the job.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by toluxe0075: 7:15am On Jun 07, 2012
Get urself hummer infinity or volkswagen :DGet urself hummer infinity or volkswagen
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by damilola15: 7:23am On Jun 07, 2012
geometry: HONDA ELEMENT WOULD JUST PERFECT,,!!!..THEN MIND YOU, YOU ARE NOT SMALL,.. YOU MIGHT NOT CARRY EXCESS FLESH,.. YOU HEIGHT IS ALMOST THAT OF QUEEN LATIFAH,...5FT10''... SO,..I GUESS NO ONE WOULD SAY SHE IS SMALL,.. LOL,.. I AM USING QUEEN LATIFAH AS AN EXAMPLE because SHE IS KNOWN TO ALMOST ALL,..AT LEAST FOR HEIGHT...
I was thinking SMART before I realised it was strictly SUV. My colleague with about the same stats as yours uses FORD ESCAPE and she really looks good in it. I saw Audi Q5 S some time ago and I loved it. I also love it when I see ladies in Jeep 2007 Wrangler.
RAV 4 is good but it's getting ubiquitous.
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by benodese(m): 7:26am On Jun 07, 2012
A Toyota Highlander will d right suv 4u
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by chelseabmw(m): 7:29am On Jun 07, 2012
The only two cars you need now are either 2008 Honda CRV or 2009 Toyota Rav4......Justrrr forget about infiniti,murano or other SuV.

This is the best advise you can get
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by benodese(m): 7:30am On Jun 07, 2012
edlion57: by bicycle it is small
keke nape nkor
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by friendl: 7:34am On Jun 07, 2012
2008 hyundai tuson

Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by Emperoh(m): 7:35am On Jun 07, 2012
Ur best bet could be the later model Suzuki Grand Vitara or newer Acura MDX if u can afford it. D suzuki cos of its rugged nature and sizeable engine to match. U won't go wrong with the MDX as well as it gives smaller size but maximum luxury package.

Also consider the following
Ford Escape and Ford Edge, Mitsubishi Outlander, Chevrolet Uplander and Nissan Rogue(not so strong imo).
Re: What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? by pufectskin: 7:38am On Jun 07, 2012
eeeew. I don't like d look of dis. It doesn't look feminine enough. Thanks though.
friendl: 2008 hyundai tuson

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cargo Tracking Notes In Nigeria ? / Car Suspension: 7 Indicators That Your Car Has Suspension Problems / Stollen Catalytic Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.