Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,767 members, 7,862,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us (38435 Views)

CBN Introduces Current Account Maintenance Fee / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor / Cement Price : Dangote Lied To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by MVLOX(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2014
I woke up dis morning wit a text msg 4rm eko bank confirming diz 3 times a month mata. It so sad dis is happen nw. I guess we are nw back to where we started 4rm again. #team Gods kingdom jare cuz i don tire 4 lie lie human govt

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by tobyemmanuel(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2014
Not my business. I don open account for every bank in nigeria. Anywhere I see atm na to put their card in.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2014
Still Lost
Where is the lie?

4 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by bahgo2001: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2014
Good
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by LordOrochimaru(m): 8:14am On Aug 27, 2014
CBN never loved us...#BringBackOurSanusi
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by ProfessorPP(m): 8:14am On Aug 27, 2014
back on nairaland, Space booked.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Drdreluv: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2014
Ok
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by NaLaugh: 8:15am On Aug 27, 2014
korel9: Chai!

See them angry

So, what have you said in connection to the topic?
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 27, 2014
Kendzyma: How much is 65naira ....mtchww...op,get a job

You are a fuuuuuul am sure you are those impoverished dregs of the society wanting to feel .Every Naira is important bull dog

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by oneda(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2014
hakunamatata1: Naija, 1 step forward, 3 steps backward! SMH is this a transformation or a merry-go-round? angry
That saying may not be correct cos naija is neither going forward nor backwards. This Lugard's miracle is rotating round a fixed pole. Am just praying that it do not reach 1966 again

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by goddyjay(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2014
This isn't right in anyway, they don't even have a good reason enough to start collecting the fee.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2014
simply imagine what we the customers of Zenith Bank always/normally pass through just to withdraw yhur own money And as if that wasn't enough, a Zenith Bank man is heading the affairs of CBN! SMH mehn. Maka why now FG??
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by iceberylin(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2014
Even CBN is Scam cheesy
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by sexzskil(f): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2014
Naijeriya- THE MOST LOOTED COUNTRY IN HISTORY
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by hollandis(f): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2014
Its just means you guys should save.Some peoplejust indiscriminately use the ATM,for 1 naira today,17 naira. In the night and 50 naira the next morning.It doesnt make sense.Just collect 100 naira beginning of the month or any amount you deem enough to run your lifestyle.You guys dont use online banking also,so its a little bleak for you guys.
Cbn is encouraging you to save,not every policy is detrimental,moreover bank charges are applicable anywhere in america but to be frank,3 times a month is a little outrageous angry

2 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by oneda(m): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2014
How many people have picked 65naira from your door since this month?

3 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by 2n2k(m): 8:19am On Aug 27, 2014
@OP. Nobody lied to you. You misled yourself. Most people would just read the topic title and make comments without bothering about the content or comments/clarification by other posters.

The original letter from the cbn was uploaded in the previous thread and I upload it again here for your information.

3 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Judeoxide(m): 8:19am On Aug 27, 2014
abeg help me tell am

Will every thing be for free,,talking of outside country my ppl there own wost oh truly u have no idea what day pass through there...you think say that film way una da watch na true?? Carry ur leg go there make u smell ur ass
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Donkaz(m): 8:19am On Aug 27, 2014
CBN did not lie...

It was clearly stated as thrice a month!

4 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by omodapson(m): 8:19am On Aug 27, 2014
Charges should apply after the fourth withdrawal. I don't know where Ecobank is getting their interpretation from.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by femi4: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2014
korel9: I don't know why Nigerians always want everything for free.
You have no idea how much we're charged here in the states for such transactions.

It is only when you pay for something that you can demand for continuous and effective running of such service. angry
Don't you that its only in Nigeria you pay for services not rendered. It wasn't effective when we used to pay for it. Making it free, reduces the pain
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by RockMaxi: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2014
So you expected it to be thrice/day before. angry

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by sluvy4tune(m): 8:21am On Aug 27, 2014

While the Op is looking for the job, the thunder wey go strike you dey do Warm Up, do you know how much this policy will be milking from us ? So because you are still eating mummy thank you, & probably have never worked before u think 65 naira is nothing.

2 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by PassingShot(m): 8:22am On Aug 27, 2014
OP, though I commented against the fee introduction but you should known that it couldn't have been three times a day. I read the news and you could deduce that it was three times in a month.

Do you really withdraw from ATMs up to three times daily?
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by hollandis(f): 8:22am On Aug 27, 2014
hollandis: Its just means you guys should save.Some peoplejust indiscriminately use the ATM,for 1 naira today,17 naira. In the night and 50 naira the next morning.It doesnt make sense.Just collect 100 naira beginning of the month or any amount you deem enough to run your lifestyle.You guys dont use online banking also,so its a little bleak for you guys.
Cbn is encouraging you to save,not every policy is detrimental,moreover bank charges are applicable anywhere in america but to be frank,3 times a month is a little outrageous angry

Update

I have just read that its "OTHER" banks ATM.
My answer is CBN is absolutely right,here i am being charged $2.50 if i use another ATM for each transactions

Nigeria you love free things,abegi pay .you are the giants of africa,diaris god o grin

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by tellwisdom: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2014
korel9: I don't know why Nigerians always want everything for free.
You have no idea how much we're charged here in the states for such transactions.

It is only when you pay for something that you can demand for continuous and effective running of such service. angry

Wetin consign us with your states? ? angry....States ko, country ni angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2014
To me I see it as a step foward, banks pay for the first 3 while you start paying from the fourth. It would make banks provide more atms, imagine Gtb with all the customers they have in yabatech, they don't have an atm machine in yabatech.

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2014
bigx: How do you guys expect the banks to manage the ATM's? Maintain inverters to keep them on, update software, stock them up with cash? Without charging ATM's would just be an additional expense which would bog down on their bottom lines. I see nothing wrong with it. There is a difference between a business and a charity. Banks are businesses.

Abeg help me tell them o.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by PassingShot(m): 8:23am On Aug 27, 2014
omodapson: Charges should apply after the fourth withdrawal. I don't know where Ecobank is getting their interpretation from.

Wrong. The news was after the third withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by chamboy(m): 8:24am On Aug 27, 2014
This is Part of d reasons dis nation is always going backward
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by mindworx: 8:24am On Aug 27, 2014
Do you know how much banks are paying for Remote-on-us transactions?

That man is only trying to save the Nigerian Banking Industry. Besides, how much is 65 naira? Nigerians want all services free. Reduce your ATM usage to 3 times a month max on other banks ATM. Use POS, use Internet Banking. Do you think a GTB staff will ever use another bank's ATM .. same goes for most other bank's staff. Let's open our closed minds ... its not everything we should ignorantly complain of.

By the way, guess what? Putting it up here won't move the policy an inch.

shocked Nna mehn, wait o... that 65 naira na something o .. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' / Naira Falls Against US Dollar / Access Bank Funded N50B Contract Awarded To Wigwe's Wife By Abia Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.