Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,175 members, 7,867,398 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us (38440 Views)

CBN Introduces Current Account Maintenance Fee / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor / Cement Price : Dangote Lied To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by stevSKY(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Jasboi: It's very simple.if u dnt want ur money deducted,Use ur bank's ATM

I wonder why they are complaining my guy, its as simple as you said. "Don't want your money deducted, then use your own bank ATM.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by lincolnj88: 8:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Ralphlauren:

You are a liar! Which bank in UK charges £1 for ATM withdrawals irrespective of the issuing bank of the debit or credit bank?

Mention the bank. You've just exposed yourself. You've obviously never lived in the UK.
grin when people are talking u better kip ya mouth shut.......rbs charges 5 pounds monthly for using own atm, even standard charted, barclays is d worst on a nigerian perspective..... Please come out from ogbomosho, ode grin
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 27, 2014
how much is sixty-five naira?
When in USA you pay close to a thousand naira for each withdrawal..
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by hollandis(f): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2014
aljpimp:
i see no reason for them to charge an additional 65 naira..what is now the essence of the 105naira monthly maintenance charge most banks charge?

105 again? Your banks are thieves
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by shilexholly(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2014
hollandis:

Sharap dia,do you guys pay any tax?
. U 2 sharap ur dirty mouth.d 1 wey we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pay here sef pass tax.....if u think d tax u payin dere is much 4 u kom bck home now...ode oshi
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by hollandis(f): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2014
stevecrun: how much is sixty-five naira?
When in USA you pay close to a thousand naira for each withdrawal..
Liar
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 27, 2014
The problem wit our ppl is dat they jst open dia mouth without finding out facts...mst tym they'll alwayz refer u to other countries wit out even knwing if those countries hav it worse. Remote-on-us transactions causes serios income erosion for the bank. Because the bank is using its own money to pay other customers and the service provider also charges d bank too. The 100naira previously charged wz even cheap compared to some countries. CBN has seen dat if it continues..some banks might not survive..so they hav told u to try to use ur banks ATM..besyds u hav a grace of 3withdrawals in 30days jst in case u rili had too. Fair enof IMO

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by hollandis(f): 8:47am On Aug 27, 2014
shilexholly: . U 2 sharap ur dirty d 1 wey we D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pay sef pass tax.....if u think d tax u payin dere is much 4 u kom bck home now...ode oshi

The question is .do you pay tax?
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by ceejay80s(m): 8:47am On Aug 27, 2014
Kendzyma: How much is 65naira ....mtchww...op,get a job
65naira x 50million nigerians
abeg we get oil, so everything should be free
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by basty: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2014
basty:
Basty:

Mr, whose concern is this? what a bleeping thing are you talking about?. who cares about which state of the America you are? Is American Government runs like Nigerian Government?

Please stop talking about nasty comparison between Nigeria and America, what social securities Nigeria Government put in place to ease or recude the burden of economic hardship faced in Nigeria?

hollandis:

Sharap dia,do you guys pay any tax?

Hello,

I want to let you know that, you are naive or dediced to be economical with the truth, the level of corruption in Nigeria is so devstating that no sane beign will want to contribute a dime to the Nigerian Government purse.
The same old story, how can you imagine a situstion where a Nigerians stole pension funds of some people.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by royalnikita(f): 8:48am On Aug 27, 2014
Jasboi: It's very simple.if u dnt want ur money deducted,Use ur bank's ATM

Not when ecobank atm is always having problems.
Smh for nigeria.
Dis will lead to getting pple stranded on d way.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by aljpimp(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2014
hollandis:

105 again? Your banks are thieves

yeah.that always pisses me off..i use UBA and you can confirm from other UBA customers..i believe its just a way to extort cus even wen u withdraw over the counter and its less than 20k,you'll be charged also
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by 4congo: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2014
I think CBN's move is reasonable. You can still avoid being charged by keeping 3rd party ATM withdrawals to 3 per month and use your bank's ATM more. It's a win win for all, banks reduce cost and customers gets better services.

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by usten: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2014
but make we chill first,look at the situation : a bank sources for clean and fit notes,loads their machines,pay security,buy fuel to run the machine especially at off site locations then receive nothing on it,haba.i think its fair,if u cant afford 65 u can pay the transport fare to your banks's machine

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by meforyou1(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2014
Op, where is the lie?
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Tundeiab(m): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2014
korel9: I don't know why Nigerians always want everything for free.
You have no idea how much we're charged here in the states for such transactions.

It is only when you pay for something that you can demand for continuous and effective running of such service. angry
brother, you have made my day with your comment. The same US they always compare with Nigeria in terms of economic development and what have you.
Must one even visit the ATM up to 3 times a month? How do they maintain the ATM if every thing is free. You go to GT bank's ATM to withdraw from First Bank account, how do they balance up the deficit without incurring some losses?
Naija's problems are we the citizens...
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 27, 2014
english is causing wahala here OÕoooº°˚ ˚°º... over 3times/month means u will be charged from the 4th withdrawal ooooo.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 27, 2014
lat4real: I don't really care, nah to go back to my old system of keeping my money...

Inside KOLO cheesy grin

Because of 65 naira.

Nigerians sha! They only think with their noses.

Go to the UK and see how much they charge.

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww!!!!!!
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Fabrolistic: 8:55am On Aug 27, 2014
hotmolo: I am highly dissapointed at the cbn. Can this happen abroad? Nigerians enslaving ourselfs in d name of governance

i bet you had never stepped out of your state your origin. Never had of bank charge(source of revenue)
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by tivta(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2014
You have no idea how much we're charged here in the states for such transactions.

It is only when you pay for something that you can demand for continuous and effective running of such service. angry
. Bros don't mind them, they NEVER see anything good in government. Always so quick to complain but NEVER applaud the government when it tries to do something good by ensuring quality service. Am sure most didn't read the terms properly, its ONLY when you withdraw from OTHER banks ATM. Thanks bro for telling nigerians how expensive it is over there.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by yunisco: 8:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Bros no vex, just allow us make small profit. U knw see say na contract staff we employ full every were, na becus cbn remove that N100 charges, since charges don come back, we go even look 4 all of una 4 NL employ as full staff, until den, remain bless.

Chairman,
Bankers Committee of Nigeria
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Fabrolistic: 8:56am On Aug 27, 2014
hotmolo:

i bet you had never step out of your state of origin. Never had of bank charge(source of revenue)
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Tundeiab(m): 8:57am On Aug 27, 2014
royalnikita:

Smh for nigeria.
when there were no ATMs did you die? So, I believe you will still survive this too.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by tivta(m): 8:58am On Aug 27, 2014
royalnikita:

Smh for nigeria.
. I bank with Ecobank also. Never had a problem with their ATM machines. It must be your location.

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by duni04(m): 8:58am On Aug 27, 2014

There's a thin line between paying for effective service deilvery and deliberate extortion. In Nigeria this line is very thick as most of these rates almost always boil down to fraud and extortion.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Fabrolistic: 9:00am On Aug 27, 2014
If dnt want to be charged by banks, go get yourself a wooden saving box. You can use niddle to withdraw as many times as you want.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by obayaya(m): 9:01am On Aug 27, 2014
4congo: I think CBN's move is reasonable. You can still avoid being charged by keeping 3rd party ATM withdrawals to 3 per month and use your bank's ATM more. It's a win win for all, banks reduce cost and customers gets better services.

And banks make more money off erring customers!!!

The first bank in front of Uniport has 6 ATM machines. A friend that works there told me they were installed to reduce the chances of their customers around the area having to use other banks ATM and increasing the chances of other banks customers using theirs.

That was before SLS removed the 100 Naira charges. This policy will engender higher financial prudence and planning on the part of the customers. And Improved Services on the part of the Bank.

2 Likes

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2014
lincolnj88: All of you should stop being childish.....I visited china , xiuan....I was charged 180 naira for using other atms , I was charged 50 naira for using my own atms...in Uk 250naira is charged for using other atms while 100naira is charged for using ya atm.....

This is a source of revenue to banks, and as of 2009 commercial banks raised 17% of thier revenue from atm charges....this is what gives job securities to our dear brothers nd sisters working in the banks......
when sls removed it, after some while, spring bank now enterprise,keystone, access, eco, Uba droped abt 10,000 plus staffs combined.......and they hardly employs new staff except for industrial attachments....
Though it might pains me...I fully endores it...........
What I expect sls to do back then is to stop interswitch, quickteller for collecting 1000 naira as bank charges especially from us student ,which they illegally share among themselves nd d school.....
good......inform them bro,,,,alotta niqq*s ar ignorant and proud too.

1 Like

Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by WarHorse1(m): 9:05am On Aug 27, 2014

Please answer these questions?

1. Do you know how much money banks make with our deposits?

2. Do you know that with the down-sizing of most banks, this service can be offered free?

3. Do you know that bank have obligation to give deposits at request from customers without charge?
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by bayulll01(m): 9:05am On Aug 27, 2014
Dear op,
sorry to say this but I need to point it out to you,your level of reasoning and comprehension of english language is very poor,typical african man they don't read,cbn said people are taking advantage of atm machines by turning it into their personal purse or wallet,imagine a customers withdrawing 500 naira 7times who will bear the loss or haven't u heard no free lunch anywhere.
Re: ATM Fee: CBN Lied To Us by Junipero: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2014
In germany I was Charged 4.95Euros when using my DeutscheBank card in BW-Bank ATM. The Charges vary but none is less than 1.95Euros.

Do the math and see hw much they charge per withdrawal.

Let's learn how to be Prudent with Money.

Up CBN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Naira Falls Against US Dollar / 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' / Clickbank Q & A: I'm Making Money From Clickbank & Can Teach You [see My Proofs]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.