Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. (51933 Views)

Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. / Dads Who Changed The World because of Their Kids / Eight Powerful Photos Of A Bride-To-be Who Lost Her Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by aladon10: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
I don't do 2weeks I dey drink tea 4sambisa I nova still change da work mtchwwww.....
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Blockus: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Decryptor:

The AK-47 is the most easiest gun to handle by even a 6 yr old kid who is given proper training. it is not as complex as you think. That's why it is a choice for child soldiers in Sierra Leone

You think Grandma Bobby Johnson can handle this recoil?

[img]http://media./media/109KaPyzSj7uve/giphy.gif[/img]

AK's are popular child soldier weapons not cos its easy to handle per se, but cos its the cheapest weapon available on the black market to war zones especially africa.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tuffgongjo(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
The pictures(most though) doesn't Reflect the title of d post.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
I guess Black women didn't change much in the world?

Objectively speaking....I would say Black American women were instrumental too in changing history.

An iconic photo of a black american lady attending an 'all white' school in Arkansas in light of de-segregation laws during the civil rights movement:

[img]http://aimlesswithpurpose.files./2011/11/two-women-of-little-rock.jpg[/img]

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by hensben(m): 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
tivta: I have just one question to all you feminist. Are there any female inventors? I mean even 'ordinary' comb and g-string that women use a lot was invented by a man. For once I would like to see what a woman has invented to change history besides all this talk of FIRST woman to do this or do that. Its just too stale if you ask me.
WORD!!!
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by curiouses: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
50calibre: The British don't play with their tea, the easiest way to a British man's heart (I mean a typical white British) is through his cup of tea or should I say cuppa tea.

Tea is to the British what kolanuts is to the ABOKkIS.

I'm guessing this granny never actually fired that weapon, the recoil of an AK-47 is enough to throw her several feet backwards.

with that gun, she's more of a danger to herself than the intruder she's trying to fight off grin
Fixed!
BTW, These women to me didn't change anything in history.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Maya2pretty(f): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: These women have changed history forever by being strong, brave, and human, regardless of society’s expectations for them.

A Muslim woman covers the yellow star of her Jewish neighbour with her veil to protect her from prosecution. Sarajevo, former Yugoslavia. [1941]
this is what i'm talking about, love, despite different religious beliefs, may God take Nigeria there smiley

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by makzeze: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Behind every successful man there is a woman.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Timijo(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
The above list is incomplete without Mary Slessor and Funmilayo Ransome Kuti. Mary Slessor was the one who stopped the killing of twins in Nigeria. If not for her, people like Psquare wouldn't have been Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rosa,Parks during the bus boycott movement in Alabama. She made history for refusing to give up her bus seat for a white man and was instrumental during the civil rights movement:

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Maya2pretty(f): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Annette Kellerman posing in a swimsuit that got her arrested for indecency. [c. 1907]
cute shape
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
tuffgongjo: the woman that refused to change her sit on d bus right?

Yep.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tivta(m): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
pigin: bullet proof vest was invented by a woman
YEAR
Alphabet blocks
Adeline D. T. Whitney
Apgar tests, which evaluate a
baby’s health upon birth
Virginia Apgar
Chocolate-chip cookies
Ruth Wakefield
Circular saw
Tabitha Babbitt
Dishwasher
Josephine Cochran
Disposable diaper
Marion Donovan
Electric hot water heater
Ida Forbes
Elevated railway
Mary Walton
Engine muffler
El Dorado Jones
Fire escape
Anna Connelly
Globes
Ellen Fitz
Ironing board
Sarah Boone
Kevlar, a steel-like fiber used in
radial tires, crash helmets, and
bulletproof vests
Stephanie Kwolek
Life raft
Maria Beaseley
Liquid Paper®, a quick-drying
liquid used to correct mistakes
printed on paper
Bessie Nesmith
Locomotive chimney
Mary Walton
Medical syringe
Letitia Geer
Paper-bag-making machine
Margaret Knight
Rolling pin
Catherine Deiner
Rotary engine
Margaret Knight
Scotchgard™ fabric protector
Patsy O. Sherman
Snugli® baby carrier
Ann Moore
Street-cleaning machine
Florence Parpart
Submarine lamp and telescope
Sarah Mather
Windshield wiper
Mary Anderson
. All these are trivial compared to what men made. By the way most of what you mentioned were mere like addons than actual inventions. Why didn't women invent the car that they are so crazy about? Ironing board? Obviously they like house hold chores etc.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Orikinla(m): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
KillerBeauty: How that woman way they drink tea take change history

I wonder OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. grin

Drinking tea after bombing changes the world.

Photo: Biafran women volunteers who changed the world, drilling and taking basic infantry training during the Biafra-Nigeria war.

Photo: Priya Ramrakha/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images

Jul 01, 1967

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tivta(m): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
In other words what am saying is that women were MADE to supplement men and not overshadow us.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Jabioro: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. [1990]
Lolz,what she proctecting? I no fit laff o o o!
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by slap1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
How does a woman drinking tea or welding change the history of even a country?

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Blockus: 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Orikinla:

I wonder OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. grin

Drinking tea after bombing changes the world.

Photo: Biafran women volunteers who changed the world, drilling and taking basic infantry training during the Biafra-Nigeria war.

Photo: Priya Ramrakha/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images

Jul 01, 1967

Nna lekwa that fine babe!!

I hope she bagged alot of skinnies before that war ended.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1658244_biafra_women_jpega70df475faa8c08c24705528d0d7b2f1

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
First Athlete in Nigeria's history to win an olympics gold medal.

Ajunwa in motion:

7 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by jnrbayano(m): 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mother of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

The ultimate mother that ever lived.

smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by wolexy2020(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
tivta: I have just one question to all you feminist. Are there any female inventors? I mean even 'ordinary' comb and g-string that women use a lot was invented by a man. For once I would like to see what a woman has invented to change history besides all this talk of FIRST woman to do this or do that. Its just too stale if you ask me.
Na woman invent kevlar aka bulletproof, car wiper,dishwasher etc..
Women sabi die...

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Merlissa(f): 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Annette Kellerman posing in a swimsuit that got her arrested for indecency. [c. 1907]

If she got arrested for indecency wearing this, I wonder what they would do with today's indecency? Kill the lady??
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Superstar007(m): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
What of Rosa Parks?
What of Mary Slessor?

IMO, I think you should have put the picture of these women in place of the tea drinking woman and the homosexual boy's mother.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1657499_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Funny!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1657034_mother_jpeg52217696c5e2479357314fba3ff5c0e0

Touching!
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by chiogoezubem(f): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmm, how the world has really changed from the events depicted in some of the pictures. Mother's love? Same as ever.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Gooci(m): 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
nonxo007: Two women show uncovered legs in public for the first time in Toronto. [1937]
so these ladies began d madness undecided
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
Queen Amina of Zaria. No photos unfortunately. First and only female monarch in the Hausa City States. Credited with building the earthern walls surrounding the hausa city states:

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by wolexy2020(m): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

You think Grandma Bobby Johnson can handle this recoil?

[img]http://media./media/109KaPyzSj7uve/giphy.gif[/img]

AK's are popular child soldier weapons not cos its easy to handle per se, but cos its the cheapest weapon available on the black market to war zones especially africa.
Less than 200 dollars in the black markets...
While the us counterpart is about 1200dollars ...note the diff. undecided undecided
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by tonychristopher: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
that s the power of pictures and the power of women not these our weavon fixin fake nail unintelligent girls here in nigeria , majority beg men for money

always thinking from pusssssy

1 Like

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by pendusky(m): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
chulla12: First Athlete in Nigeria's history to win an olympics gold medal.

Ajunwa in motion:

where is that white dude looking at?
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
what is wrong with a woman running boston marathon? are some men afraid that women would beat them in the race? sometimes we men can be scared of nothing

4 Likes

Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Louislewis: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
If Annette kellerman was arrested for indecency for putting on that swimsuit, I wonder what would have happened to her if she had bikini of nowards on. What a useless and spoilt generation we have now.
Re: Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. by Blockus: 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
wolexy2020:
Less than 200 dollars in the black markets...
While the us counterpart is about 1200dollars ...note the diff. undecided undecided

If you buy bulk, you can get it for as low as 50 - 100 USD a piece.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

D'banj's Wife, Lineo Didi Kilgrow, Sends Wizkid's Son An Apology Cake / Hilda Baci Meets And Hugs Tony Elumelu At Africa Day Conversation / Tunji: Davido’s 4th Baby Mama, Larissa London, Unveils Son Dawson’s Yoruba Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.