Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,841 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Is A Customer Always Right ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is A Customer Always Right ? (9921 Views)

Can A Customer Sue Bank For Undeposited Money Lost During Bank Robbery? / GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer / The Customer Is Not Always Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Customer Always Right ? by sammer4life(m): 8:31am On Aug 27, 2014
This question has been bugging my mind for a. while. To what extent can a customer play that card ?

Considering the fact that some people can be naturally annoying and left for you, they should be taught a lesson or two.

I remember when I was managing a small guest house for a friend, some customers will try and push your nerve. I remember a time when a guy checked into a room for a short time service ( hotel word for short time fun ) , after like 30 mins, the guy came out and told me that the babe no gree, so make I return his money.

When I tried to explain, the man started raising his voice to high heavens. Damn...... When the matter was resolved, I told the man that I hate when people shout on me. The man smiled and " a customer is always right"...

Just because we need to make ends meet, we swallow poo from people in the name of " a customer is always right"....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by bigx(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2014
No

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by KillerBeauty(f): 8:57am On Aug 27, 2014
Because of the statement 'customers are always right' na they make most people they misbehave when them patronise your business. That statement should be abolished. Because some customers are just darn right stupid and annoying.

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by sammer4life(m): 9:04am On Aug 27, 2014
The most annoying part of it is when they flaunt that " I am the customer attitude" right in your face..... So damn irritating. Then , jst to make a few bucks, you go ahead and swallow your pride.....

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by write2obi(m): 9:36am On Aug 27, 2014
It's simple !swallow the shit, make the bucks, go to some else's shop and have ur pound of flesh.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by justi4jesu(f): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2014
No..
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by CharlieMaria(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2014
With enough cash yes.

3 Likes

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by sammer4life(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2014
write2obi: It's simple !swallow the shit, make the bucks, go to some else's shop and have ur pound of flesh.
lol

5 Likes

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by ayusco85(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2014
sammer4life: This question has been bugging my mind for a. while. To what extent can a customer play that card ?
Considering the fact that some people can be naturally annoying and left for you, they should be taught a lesson or two.
I remember when I was managing a small guest house for a friend, some customers will try and push your nerve. I remember a time when a guy checked into a room for a short time service ( hotel word for short time fun ) , after like 30 mins, the guy came out and told me that the babe no gree, so make I return his money.
When I tried to explain, the man started raising his voice to high heavens. Damn...... When the matter was resolved, I told the man that I hate when people shout on me. The man smiled and " a customer is always right"...
Just because we need to make ends meet, we swallow poo from people in the name of " a customer is always right"....

Right my arss. so customer go insult u, even slap u join and u will say ''customer is always right''

i say when a customer is trying to over use that phrase that he is always right, and try to cross the line, just bring him back to the LEFT with a HOT FACTORY RESTORING SLAP

10 Likes

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by chillykelly86(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2014
hmmmm. deep thoughts ...
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by sirjohnson(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2014
From experience, yes.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by segradino(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2014
Yes O, even when they are wrong, else they won't Patronize u d next, my clients almost always return

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d cheapest data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by olaeffect(m): 9:43am On Aug 27, 2014
No.

No one can be right all the time, this includes the customer king grin
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by kekakuz(m): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Not in all context
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Aitee1: 9:44am On Aug 27, 2014
YES!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by priscaoge(f): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2014
Yes but To an extent!

Without the customers U won't be there. U are there to serve them so u have to tolerate some bullshits from them n move on! That's Y u have to be a patient type,always wear a smiling face,don't talk too much. Learn to say "Sorry" and "Thanks".

3 Likes

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by BTT(m): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2014
No and Yes.

No, because you, not the customer is the expert on the product you sell or service you render. You [are expected to] know better and show professionalism. ...

Yes, because you are in business to make profit and a customer who offers you his back than his custom is another profit out the window. This is why we try to be tactful and surrender to the customer in a bid to win his patronage.

Cash is king, the saying goes, and the customer has the king in his pocket, his account - wherever! You must stoop to win what direction he doles it.

The customer makes the final decision, and you want that decision to be in your favour. It is in the light of this capability that we are ready to compromise in the customer's favour.

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by san316(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2014
When you are a customer, u are always right, when you are a seller, you are always right too. In the end, who is right is the man with the strongest voice.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by djeezy(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2014
They are always right as long as you get the money outta them. Plus, a man without a smiling face must never open a shop. lol

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Ramanto(m): 9:46am On Aug 27, 2014
given that they didnt steal!!
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by amakufrancis(m): 9:47am On Aug 27, 2014
are riqht to an extent. . . But they are nt always riqht, den i d seller am wronq ba? Well na cash d seller dy 5ne dats y d statement z lyk dat.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by otijah(m): 9:47am On Aug 27, 2014
@0p you have to swallow the poo or loose the money for that day, when you get to his own shop give him own own poo or even pee and i bet you he will swallow it. "CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT"
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by redcliff: 9:47am On Aug 27, 2014
In relationship management, the phrase "customer is king" is seen as a slave-servant relationship with the customer taking the advantage of always capitalizing on that particular phrase to act very unruly and not understanding the perspective of the other party. Rather than be a slave-master relationship, it should be a partnership that should be built on trust, understanding and communication thereby its a win-win situation for everyone..

N.b: na petty traders get this talk..customers are always wrong 70% of the times.

1 Like

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by felzylix(m): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2014
Wait till they send you back to your village before you realize they r mostly wrong
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by cirmuell(m): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2014
grin cheesy I hate this statement like die!
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by BetaTechnicians: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2014
No, right or wrong should be determined by morals and ethics and not by the whims of a dissatisfied customer, some customers are simply terrible!

____________________________________________________________________________________
In other News, get our cheap laptops and motorola elite sliver bluetooth headset
https://www.nairaland.com/betatechnicians/topics

3 Likes

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by cliffm43: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2014
as the seller you need someone to buy from you,so do not be harsh on your buyers for you to be able to sell your goods,that is why you respect those who patronize you,,,,,customers are not always right,because everyone has his or her right,
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 27, 2014
Customers are always right.
Ignore this principle, embrace your business death.
If now, later.

3 Likes

Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by NaLaugh: 9:50am On Aug 27, 2014
It depends on how you approach it.

You MUST always treat him like he is right, regardless of your position on the matter.
However, granting his request or demand is not inherently his "right."

You can always politely decline an unreasonable demand by a customer, without being rude or aggressive.

Customer service in Nigeria still has a long way to go, as customers are treated like crap.
Customers are made to feel like they are being done a favor- by taking their money for goods/services.

From indications though, i believe it is getting better. Companies in Nigeria appear to be dedicating more resources into training dedicated customer service teams.
Re: Is A Customer Always Right ? by aywhy93(m): 9:50am On Aug 27, 2014
[size=14pt]Not in All Instances oooh !!! Some Customers always misuse there opportunity because of this irritating sentence. Have you not seen the video of a man who told A.boki to add egg, add geisha and all sorts of spices in a bread and later on, requesting for 10 naira own only ? Is the customer right in that situation ? Absolute NO grin so customers are not always right ooo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chat on WhatsApp & BBM and Browse Twitter & Facebook for just #200 Monthly on Airtel, Full Details Here ==> http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2014/08/chat-on-whatsapp-bbm-and-browse-twitter.html[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Bulk Sender Free Download And How To Use / What Can He Do With 100k And Will Be Generating 5 Hundred naira Daily / Do You Want To Start Your Own Import Export Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.