Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) (12516 Views)

Brand And Branding Part 3: What Makes A Great Brand? / Get A Great Website @ Affodable Price / Are You A Great Sketch Artist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Davijunson: 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
priscaoge:
No wonder. Get well soon undecided
hehehe.... Yu're definitely not serious.
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
_______
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by o2k(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Making sense
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by macof(m): 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
you all celebrate your Nigeria...meanwhile..

#Eledumare bless Ile-Oduduwa

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Joe88(m): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
blink182: if I could afford it I will pay you N10m for the painting. The intrisic value is just mind blowing though you could do more aesthetic wise especially with getting facial resemblance.
thanks sir, your suggestion is well noted.
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by bolajialuku(m): 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
What a beautiful art that communicate with intelligent people through it's colour,kudos to the artist

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by prizeless4(f): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
I think I would love to name the paint "change" or development in view or u can just call it stages of change
Nice work

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Joe88(m): 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
teeo: Where is the image of Boko Haram
As at the time I did the painting, boko-haram was just springing. Nice observation though. A painting is most effective when it captures a particular period of time.
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by spinna: 11:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nice one the "red" era of tyrannical military rule and the present "sky blue toned" democracy.

Yes indeed democracy is good for Nigeria.

Now you can dream and see your dreams come true, not like before when your dreams were burnt and stamped out into their own ashes by military jackboot.

Indeeed this is what democracy is:the freedom to dream, the freedom to strive for a better life.

Linda is living her dream, Seun is , you are, we all are. It may not be perfect but appreciate it... theres full blown horrific wars in many other places.

So let me say Thank You for showing us the beauty of our democracy in comparison to the past eras

Our democracy is far from perfect, but lets cherish and protect it as much as possible as we consider the alternative of red eras coming again.

A wonderful painting although you need to work a little bit on your likenesses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Joe88(m): 12:19am On Aug 28, 2014
biafranqueen: Joe88 it is beautiful! Who is the guy in blue with the military rulers and why is he blue?
The guy in blue is Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari, he served as the President of Nigeria’s Second Republic (1979–1983), after the handover of power by General Olusegun Obasanjo's military government. The second republic was supposed to liberate(reason for the blue) the people from the horrors of the Military regimes. There was a beam of hope, whether or not that hope was dashed or sustained remains a question for the gods.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by okotv(m): 12:48am On Aug 28, 2014
nice pictures...that's all for now
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 28, 2014
besocial: Past leaders

More like pest leaders....

Most of the guys there deserve an overdose. Of otapiapia..
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Haishophem(m): 4:37am On Aug 28, 2014
Nice piece, not into art stuff bt I can drop my opinion abt what I observed in the pic
We have three smiling ex president named Nnamdi Azikiwe, Tafawa Balewa and Olusegun Obasanjo
They had a good time when running the nation. Both Nnamdi and Tafawa witnessed the transition from colonial rule into being a republic.
The red color background of our ex military and the ugly look of the nation underneath depict how there rule was. Cos it was full of chaos. The dark image of MKO bringing abt June 12 shows dat he wasn't recognised. GEJ looks frustrated cos of the fact that he is facing a lot of difficulties during his reign. Yar'adua looks pitiful in dat picture. And the sky scrappers underneath GEJ and co brought to light the peace witnessed after the military rule.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by solara: 5:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Op nice art work

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by AdeniyiA(m): 6:09am On Aug 28, 2014
priscaoge:
"G" is for "GoodLuck"tongue
yes, nd a fedora hat almost covering the whole space ...
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 28, 2014
feezy: hmmmmm MEN THEM>.>.... CANT WAIT FOR MY OWN PICTURE TO BE PAINTED AMOUNGS THEM grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
As an Ex-great thief? smh
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by OsoDupe(f): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2014
I don't know much about art work, but I think the yellow part suggest the rise of the country Nigeria just as the sun rise, the military era being depicted with red colour suggest a lot of bloodshed in that era, the stolen mandate(black june 12) and the last part is the current democracy which signifies development of our nation, at the back of those buildings,we can see d sun rising again or is it setting? If it's setting, maybe that will be the end of the nation called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by naeto2(m): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2014
This is "le painting du bandits".. lol...
Still an awesome piece though..and very amazing imagination
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2014
It's ....inspiring and it says so much. personaly i think obj should be 3/4 in red, but oh well.
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by feezy(m): 12:33am On Aug 29, 2014
Benswaggy:
As an Ex-great thief? smh

Who cares, so far I am not caught in the act. Hiann... Presidency on my mind jorre YIMU

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by biafranqueen: 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Joe88: The guy in blue is Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari, he served as the President of Nigeria’s Second Republic (1979–1983), after the handover of power by General Olusegun Obasanjo's military government. The second republic was supposed to liberate(reason for the blue) the people from the horrors of the Military regimes. There was a beam of hope, whether or not that hope was dashed or sustained remains a question for the gods.
the gods have spoken they will regret not using the power to nation build!
Re: Chronicles Of A Great Nation (picture) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
besocial:
Past leaders
what of present leaders,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common Graphic Designer Mistakes / 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling / Cartoon Picture Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.