Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

The Corridor of Hell - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Corridor of Hell (68570 Views)

At The Doorstep Of Hell / The Wonders Of Hell: A Short Story / A Lie From The Pit Of Hell - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corridor of Hell by freakthingz(m): 11:45am On Apr 15, 2017
ghostwritter:

thanks a lot sir, I understand ur point. I had considered all these but I need a strong link to the editors and publishers who can understand my kind of works and person...I have more interesting write-up I had finished in print form but all this naija editors will tell "what sought of scary thing is this, try and be realistic like contemporary writers" and I get discouraged and it makes me feel my works will only get appreciated by few if I get them printed out. I know nothing about publishers.

Nah don't let people discourage you stay true to yourself that is what seperates you from everyone else. Have you read any Stephen King novels they are gory and scary, that was how his books where rejected by publisher after publisher. Now he is one of the biggest horror writers with film adaptations sef.

Keep going I will try and check out some publishers in the U.k and Ireland, try and get in touch with other nairaland writers with experience. Same as you I don't really know much but I really believe in your work especially this story. Keep going
Re: The Corridor of Hell by Jasmine4(f): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2017
Finally you haf succeeded in scaring me baa? Oya biko kwantinue.
Re: The Corridor of Hell by Hollysaint: 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
keep it up sir
Re: The Corridor of Hell by marvwhite: 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
oh! What a story..... How can someone write good stories like this(rhetorical)? This shit looks so real,while reading i was just imagining things...

What supence,

what imagery,

damm it,the flash back is outa this world

your writing skills keeps beating my imagination,an it has beating my imagination to stupor(no pun intended)

greetings to his SUPREME ROYAL WRITTER GHOSTWRITTER

#update soonest sir
Re: The Corridor of Hell by JOMAX: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
GHOST writer you better finish this series or else i will complete it for you in my own context. The suspense spans almost three years. Hopefully we'll get half way in 2025 at this rate. Well to say the least you are doing a great job and i admit many a folk would be inspired to trail in your foot steps. kudos man . look forward to seeing your works profeessionaly edited for the international market. I keep thinking to myself that it would be practically impossible for anyone to be so creative without first being a lover of movies and books themselves, as most of your inspiration can only evolve from your depth of fictional and real life exposures. Good work but try something aside from horror you might hit a jack pot globally .

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by LilSmith55(m): 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!... from 2014 to 2017... You shud complete dis write up... too much of suspense, person just dey imagine tinx

Feels very real

Re: The Corridor of Hell by marvwhite: 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
ghostwritter..... Most of your stories ain't completed and are dated back 2014 including this one... To bad this one ain't gonna get an end
Re: The Corridor of Hell by mhizv(f): 3:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
awesome..following

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by rossychik(f): 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
master piece

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by Gracito(f): 4:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
Really Captivating story. Keep it Coming as fast as you can though.

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by shovaychoco: 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
I joined nairaland about 4 years ago and this is the first post serious enough to make me comment. You have done a superb job here. More grease to tour elbow, i would gladly pay you to have a copy of this story and any other books you write. I havent read stuff this good in a while. How can i keep in touch

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by demio007: 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
Real captivating

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by Adfijem(f): 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
to be candid... u're really trying nd i prayed that ur effort will be crown one day by God's grace

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by Tobilee(m): 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
°°°°°Following •••••

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by adontcare(f): 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ghostwriter where art thou?

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by madjune(m): 4:25am On Apr 16, 2017
Good imagination but the Nigerian English needs to.make way for a more formal, trained diction expected of a writer of the grotesque.

I see both past and present tense running together in some lines.
A sound editing job is needed and I know you and I know, our grand pa, H.P Lovecraft would be pleased if you elevate your education in this field.

I've been there before.

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by smokeydrinky: 11:41am On Apr 16, 2017
OMG!! !! Ghostwriter, plz don't abandon this superb work..... Horror story at its best.

Plz update oooooo

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by Khd95(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2017
This is nice,ghostwriter what would u like to drinkgrin

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by amberina(f): 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
hi an new here. It is a wonderful story please continue.

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by dvson1: 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
can't believe am frequently refreshing this page like my life depend on it. keep it up op.

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by Smooth278(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
Since 2014... Nah can't come and follow this story ... Too many unfinished stories already... Pls someone mention me when the writer finishes even if it's vision 20/20
Re: The Corridor of Hell by Jewelnutch: 1:00am On Apr 17, 2017
Iolite:
Wow! Now u got me and I will follow this story till the end.
Re: The Corridor of Hell by marvwhite: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2017
abandoned ship!!
I repeat 'abandon ship'

abort ship,this story ain't gonna make it to the end

#too bad
Re: The Corridor of Hell by aod1(m): 3:38am On Apr 18, 2017
Very captivating story...i started reading your work last week when you made FP,since then I have been glued to this thread even more loyal to it than to my academic books despite having exams to read for. I hope you get more spare time to give more updates... KUDOS ghost

1 Like

Re: The Corridor of Hell by aod1(m): 3:41am On Apr 18, 2017
madjune:
Good imagination but the Nigerian English needs to.make way for a more formal, trained diction expected of a writer of the grotesque.

I see both past and present tense running together in some lines.
A sound editing job is needed and I know you and I know, our grand pa, H.P Lovecraft would be pleased if you elevate your education in this field.
Cut the talented man a slack...he is giving us his raw manuscript. Not even woke could do beta

I've been there before.
Re: The Corridor of Hell by ghostwritter(m): 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
It was dark, it was weird and the wind blew treacherously as she walked into the opening leading to the mountain, she saw it all, she saw it once again in their eyes that they needed her, the dead. They all turned to her in their multitudes and pointed at her…..”HELP US!!”…they screamed.

Eva, Lamide and Nana jerked to life at the same time, they looked at one another trying to ask themselves same question.
They had same nightmare and the trio seem familiar with the scene in the dream. It occurred they had most times had similar dreams lately. They were certain it was a call but ignorant of what next to do.

“I feel I’m gradually going insane and my life falling apart…first, I see crazy things, secondly I have got a murderer as a father and a witch for a granny and that got me wondering what my mother could possibly be” Lamide pause as she tries to thing of a suitable word “maybe a vampire, who knows!…. Thirdly, I unknowingly killed my boyfriend and here I am in Ghana with my unknown ‘sisters’ trying to unravel God knows what” she laughed at her pitiful self and gradually sobs, she was tired of the whole thing, tired of life, tired of living. The two other girls sat to huge and console her, they weren’t fairing any better either.

“I know how you feel and I feel same way too but we have to be strong for one another, we just need to look around again for any clue” Eva looking around the pink colored wall of the room like she hope to see meaningful inscription on it.

“Here” Nana said stretching the card she saw the night before. She had stood up to go get it from the dairy on the table.

“And what is this? I don’t understand” Eva looked at the card long enough but still unable to comprehend it relevance to the situation on ground.

Lamide collected the card still sobbing, she likewise starred at it for awhile, and she looked disturbed realizing what it could mean.

“Where did you get it from?” Lamide turning to Nana

“Inside the dairy”

“Oh God, not again” Eva suddenly realized and looked at Lamide

“What is it?” Nana looking perplexed desperately hoping it’s not what she had assumed the night before.

“I think there is someone in India we need to meet” Eva said.

“Fine that’s it, you girls can go while I….” she thought of her statement and realized she had no where else to go to if she goes back to Nigeria, she burst into fresh tears as she thought of Soji, she needed and missed him more, Especially at that moment.

“Girls, let’s not jump into conclusion, India is too far for assumption, I think we should….” Nana paused and was dialing a number on her phone.

“What are you doing” asked Lamide

“Trying to put a call to my dad”

“And why?” asked Eva

“The card might be for him, you know, he might have slipped it in and forgot.”

”Yes that’s true, you need to call him” Lamide agreed.

About two hours later, Dr. Kofi was back home to come see his daughter’s friends she spoke of on phone, he couldn’t understand what his daughter had said on phone about the card they had found so he promised to come see her. The girls had planed before his coming on hiding the truth from him and fabricate something reasonable and convincing.

“Baby, I know nothing of this” Mr. Kofi said all over trying to think ever having a contact to India. It could only be for your mother if truly it had been in that dairy.

“And did she ever spoke of anyone in India to you?”

“No!” he tries to recollect but none came to memory.

“I think your mum was trying to hide something from your dad and that begs for the question why she didn’t she tell him about the card” Eva noted shortly Mr. Kofi was out.

“Maybe it’s all just a coincidence you know; maybe she got the card from one random friend of hers who might have resided in India long ago, what about that?” Lamide trying to sound convincing.

“And the ‘sisters, find me’ thing?...And what about that too” Ever noted.

Nana had earlier assumed her mother could see into the future, she realized she was wrong and that her mother had not seen beyond the arrival of Eva and Lamide maybe she saw it but too terrified to put it down. Desperately, she wishes to know what revelation India holds of her and the others, but she fear knowing what mystery hides behind the of the walls of their unknown.

“Girls, we nee to get to India!!” Nana sounded determined.

2 Likes

Re: The Corridor of Hell by ghostwritter(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
THREE MONTHS AGO

U.S.A (Texas)
“Eva please, listen to me and not her” Jonathan begged

“Nathan I can’t, how would that make her feel, she is your mum and would get to you anyway” Eva replied as the tears flows freely from her eyes down her checks. She felt she had lost him.

“I don’t care about her, all I care about is you . Eva ….. I love you” he kissed her lips gently, trying to assure her of his love for her despite the grudges between her and his mother.

Jonathan Ford, an Africa-America had for long loved the pretty and athletic looking Eva since he first met her in a grocery store three months earlier. They both looked fit and perfect for each other. They had been intimate with each other in many sexual aspect, but never sex itself.

“That girl is evil….. Jonathan please stay faraway from her” Mrs. Ford, Jonathan’s mother warned.

“But mother I love her and don’t call her evil, she is God’s creation”

“Listen boy” Mrs. Ford pointing angrily to Jonathan “I am your mother and I know what’s best for you”.

“I know what’s best for my self and how do you know she is evil?”

“Father Fredrick!” she simply said.

“And what’s father Fredrick got to do with this?” he asked ignorantly.

“Father Fredrick said she is evil, I mean the real evil from the pit of hell, Stay away from her”

Jonathan walked out from his mother’s presence in anger, he was determined to love Eva no matter what.

It was one of those rainy and stormy nights when the flesh need warmth upon it, Jonathan made his way into Eva’s room and on seeing her in one of her short skimpy night gown barely covering her laps; he was determined to make it into her body.
“Oh la la!...You are such a priceless piece made from God-knows-what, a gem worth dying for, an Angelic creature you are. Very sure heaven must be boring without your presence in it…you are a diva!” Jonathan softly whispered into her ear as he held her firmly on her waist from behind, he had his chin resting gently on her shoulder. He pressed himself upon her succulent butt as he slowly felt sexually aroused.

Something was different, the light in it was dimmed, her fragrance was sexually appealing and her touch was just what he needed for the moment. He sensed Eva had prepared for his coming; he wanted to ask if she had made the room for his coming but dismissed the idea knowing it would make no difference at that point. Anyway, a good sex that night would be inevitable, he thought.

“And you Mister Jonathan the lover boy will see heaven tonight” she turned to face him whispering into his ear likewise as she gave his outer ear a soft bite, she giggled seeing Jonathan feeling ecstatic. She acted erotically, kissing and caressing him roughly.

“You are something else, you know that?” Jonathan hurriedly pulled off his shirt and trousers, leaving on him a short black pant. He gently laid Eva to the bed and rested himself carefully upon her smooth body like a python on its prey. Eva reminded him it would be her first time, so he had better take it careful with her like he had always promised.

“What ever rocks your boat dear, but no pain…no gains remember? Jonathan jokingly asked rhetorically and the two laughed it off, the moment seems to have seized as they looked into each other’s eyes intensely and fell in love all over again. All of a sudden, the door to the room was slammed open by someone outside. Entered was an elderly white man in black robe below it white collar, he had with him a bottle of oily substance and a white medium sized crucifix pointing ahead and following him closely was Mrs. Ford with a bible on her.

Jonathan and his lover jolted off the bed and where shock to see what was unfolding. Eva quickly hugged Jonathan tight for closure on sighting Mrs. Ford.

“Oh my goodness!!” Father Fredrick shouted and looked terrified as he laid his eyes on Eva.
“What the Bleep is going on, what the hell is this?” Jonathan was furious “Mother I say what the hell is the meaning of this?” he enquired from Mrs. Ford who looked less bothered at his anger.

“Lord is trying to save you from this demon…boy!” she yelled still clutching behind Father Fredrick.
Eva was confused as she looked from one person to another trying to get an explanation, as she tries to get Jonathan’s attention for an explanation, she felt something burning her skin, and the pain she felt was sharp and deep. She screamed in horror as she kept rubbing every part of her body hurriedly. Every sprinkling of Father Fredrick oil caused Eva greater pain and Jonathan could only watch as Eva rolled, screamed and wailed helplessly on the bed.

“I bind you…I cast you out…O shabarababah!!..Oh..reberoboto...oh you demon of hell I cast you”Father Fredrick relentlessly commanded repeatedly as he then points the crucifix at Eva who kept screaming in agony.

Jonathan still shocked, He watched his girl acting possessed…or was she truly evil? He wasn’t sure what to believe or what to do.
“Father please you have got to stop this!” he begged Father Fredrick who wasn’t listening so he turned to Mrs. Ford “mother please tell him…he has got to stop this, you are hurting her”
“Keep going father, father keep going, it’s time we send the demon back to hell….Hallelujah!” she encouraged as she waved her hands in praises.

Suddenly, Eva was motionless as she lay loosely on the bed. She wasn’t breathing neither.
“I think she’s dead” Jonathan rushed to feel her purse “Father, she is dead…she is dead” he confirmed.

Suddenly, Eva’s body rose from the bed into the mid-air, it stood still and slowly turned upright to face Father Fredrick. She appeared chanted; wind blew furiously around and her body glowed so bright that it illuminated the room. A dark smoke from the air formed a cloak around her, the dark smoke covered her body and her eyes were dark, her nails turned sharp claws, her teeth turned fangs and the room smelt of fear.

Father Fredrick paused, he watched in disbelieve trying to absorb the realization before his eyes. Despite the consecrated power within him, he still feared for his life knowing he wasn’t just confronting an evil possessed human.

Mrs. Ford had fainted

“Father please do something!” Jonathan begged watching in fear.

“You can’t see what I had seen son” he pointed in horror

“What did you see father, what did you see?”

“This is not just evil”

“So father what is it, just kill her…she is evil, kill her!!”

“This is death!”

Few weeks later, she was on a long bus heading for California when the bus was stopped by cops, police officers had been on the search for the mysterious murderer of Father Fredrick Moore and Mr. Jonathan Ford. The officers searched and inspected the faces of everyone in the bus one after the other but the criminal they had in mind wasn’t found.

“Clear…you can go” one of the officers gestured at the bus driver to move-on.

Eva sighed heavily as her heart beats in fear, she wondered what had happened, she wished she had answers to her million questions. She looked back as the bus drove away from a place she had grew, hoping to comeback when the murderer of her beloved Jonathan is arrested and brought to justice. Deep within her, she never could have killed him. she covered her head with a hood and faced the future before her.

2 Likes

Re: The Corridor of Hell by marvwhite: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
*running and shouting* ghostwritter done post oh!

freakthingz Jasmine4 Hollysaint JOMAX LilSmith55 mhizv come and see

thanks for the update sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Corridor of Hell by LilSmith55(m): 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
marvwhite:

Ah no happy before because of my #40,000 FirstBank refuse to reverse but as u con Call for this great update, e just dey like say dey return #400,000

Thanks for Calling me ojare,,,, Mr @Ghostwritter Thanks for the update but edon too late abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Corridor of Hell by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
Epic!!! wink
Re: The Corridor of Hell by ghostwritter(m): 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
Thank u all so much for the words of encouragement. All your words got to me and had been source of motivation.
Many e-mailed showing their love and promising to buy a copy of all my works if completed and perfected for novel...(I honestly wish to but no money yet)

Pls try and know that if i don't post as aspected u should understand i'm also struggling for my livelihood outside nairaland, and besides i type this stories using a phone (my finger hurts),
and also have to make it worth the wait with every post.

And If you are thinking this story is about to come to an end, i'm sorry to disappoint coz it's just about to get started.

3 Likes

Re: The Corridor of Hell by mhizv(f): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
marvwhite:

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tales Of Abigail / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.