Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (33830 Views)

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism / Can An Open Marriage Ever Work In The Real World? / An Open Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by diddy4(m): 3:15am On Jun 13, 2006
i aint no randy goat or anything but if i should put maself in will's shoes, i will consider an open marriage. i mean d guy is freaking handsom and girls troop around him like there is no tomorrow. he cant change from black to white just like that. instead of lying to his wify or something it is better he tells her the truth and dey both agree and do their thingy. they are happy with it and for them to make such decision dey must have weighed the different outcomes and options. that is america for u, if they can allow gay marriage(which is the worst of all) why wont open mariage be good. atleast they aint sleeping with people of same sex(ewwwwwww).
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by desiree(f): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2006
Open marriages are rubbish, what type of example do they set for their children? children need to grow up in a steady family oriented environment not where daddy is going out to dinner with another woman and he might not be coming home tonight situation angry angry
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by cheekee(f): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2006
desiree:

Open marriages are rubbish, what type of example do they set for their children? children need to grow up in a steady family oriented environment not where daddy is going out to dinner with another woman and he might not be coming home tonight situation angry angry
you go girl wink true talk wink wink cheesy
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Modups1(f): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2006
it's true dat he is handsome and ladies r bound to b attracted to him and vice versa.
it's even true dat he and wifey r honest to each other to admit dat they get attracted to other people.

but is dis basis enuff to indulge in dis arrangement?
is dis not making a mockery of marraige?
d fact dat they both consented to this, does it make it right?

my conclusion is dat they r allowing demselves to fall into d hollywood trap of "as long as i am justified in doing something its ok".
to say d least, i am really dissapointed and dis is a face of wat our world has turned to
is it a wonder dat aids & hiv r on d rise?
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by CalabarMan(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2006
hmm Nice concept I love it. Afterall polygamy is close to this. This may just be the solution to reduce the currently high divorce rate. Couples should only practice it once they have had all their kids and the marriage is at least 5 years.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by belloti(m): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2006
If open Marriage is ever a consideration, then there is no need for the Communion.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by DoDWife: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2006
I agree with the majority of you, and the reason is experience.  I'm in an open marriage.  My hubby is career active duty so he's gone a lot, and will be for the next 1X years.  We had a normal "closed" marriage when we started and have been married 8 years, 3 of them open.  We communicate very well, both have high IQs, and, I think, high emotional IQs, and if I could go back and do it over, I wouldn't.  But, I do know he loves me and will never leave me, and I still love him with all my heart.  He is seriously my best friend.  Those of you who say 'don't knock it until you try it', that's what I said too, and I totally agree with those of you who say stick with tradition. I fully believe we'll still be married in 10-20 years, but I can't say what both of us will be like.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by cheekee(f): 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2006
my hubby is my hubby go find yours somewhere else
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by dominobaby(f): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2006
What is wrong is wrong, lets stop mincing words n call a spade a spade!

That is no marriage! Really, the essence and meaning of marriage has bn trampled upon. Haba!

I would not av such.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by dominobaby(f): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2006

That is no marriage! Really, the essence and meaning of marriage has bn trampled upon. Haba!

I would not av such.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by dominobaby(f): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2006

I would not av such.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by tianshie(m): 10:53am On Jul 01, 2006
Open marriage? he he he gimme a break. Let's see,when I was in the university I had a relationship with a girl in which we were both free to have other partners,she was still my girlfriend and I was never jealous.

BUT that was NOT MARRIAGE! Marriage is a revered institution, A huge RESPONSIBILITY because of the vows of fidelity amongst others. That's why married people are respected,they have decided to stick with each other and each other ONLY,and that's why partners who cheat do so surreptitiously because of the grave consequences,knowing if discovered the marriage would CRASH!

Will Smith is the boyfriend of Jada.Yankari!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by kellorah: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2006
@ topic: hell no! angry
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Mystique(f): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2006
Wonder why they got married in the first place undecided
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by shantell(f): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2006
i used to have a lot of respect for will smith and jada pinkett but after hearing this i'm really dissapointed and about having open marriage dats absolute rubbish i wouldn't do that and i wouldn't want my husband to do dat too!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by kellorah: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2006
@TOPIC: NAHHHHH undecided
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Efani(m): 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2006
i wont even consider marriage
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Nadine20(f): 6:05am On Aug 01, 2006
What is so shocking about what Will said? And I'm pretty sure Jada and Will aren't the only ones in hollywood with an open marriage. This world operates off of sex. In marriages, people will still be attracted to someone else and even have sex with them. It's just the way this world operates, because no one is perfect. In America sex sells. We are in love with sex. We can't get enough of it. I think it's more perversion though. But as humans some will act off the need to procreate with other humans. That's how they are. I respect the fact that Jada and Will are honest with each other about such a thing. Some people will claim Jesus, Allah, or whatever until the day they die before they will admit they were ever attracted to someone else while married. Or that they even wanted to have sex with them. It's really up to the person as to whether they act upon that attraction or not.

I have never wanted to get married, because I see no point in it. Nor do I see any point in having casual sex with anyone so I don't. So please don't make it seem like I am condoning all people to have sex with anyone married or not. But I can't really say Jada and Will are disgusting, because they have honesty and trust. That's something most marriages here in the U.S. wish they had.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by mide2(f): 12:37am On Jan 14, 2007
I'm not shocked at all and i believe there are more unthinkable, things to come. This is just a little tip of the iceberg. Some years ago, being a gay was unthinkable and unacceptable, not to talk of their marriage. Nowadays, transexuals and bisexuals are more of the norms than being straight. Zoosexuality (Bestiality or Zoophilia) is now in vogue, (it will soon be legalized to get married with them animals). 

If not that God had promised not to wipe the world out with water or fire, i bet it would have been the best option.
All these madness in the name of rights and freedom.

Open marriage le ri ti e pariwo . . . there is more craziness to come.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by goodguy(m): 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2007
mide2:

Zoosexuality (Bestiality or Zoophilia) is now in vogue, (it will soon be legalized to get married with them animals).

My sister, someone married a dog (abi na snake? cant really remember) in India, and it was celeberated like a normal wedding. This world is really turning into something else!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by GNature(m): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2007
Seun, I think Will Smith meant he has an open relationship with Jada
in the sense that, they talk about anything including other people
they find attractive.

I don't think he meant he sleeps with women other than
Jada. I don't think so at all.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by edmondo(m): 11:08pm On Jan 16, 2007
nawa ooooooooo,
the world is getting to an end.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by kellorah: 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2007
the poor dude has enuff running around to do in his home
wot extra time has he got to b seein other ppl?? undecided
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by LadyT(f): 12:20am On Jan 17, 2007
The funny thing is can you imagine over dinner,

Will Smith : Hey darling how was your day.
Wife: It was fine honey how was yours?
Will Smith: Mine was great I found a woman I would like to f**k!!! Shes amazing looking
Wife: Thats nice dear make sure you have fun

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baba nla NONESENSE!!!!!!!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by showbobo(m): 12:34am On Jan 17, 2007
open marriage is tight.i mean u cant imagine someone as handsome as me or WILL to stick to one thing for ever.its better rather than being promiscous or infidelity. grin
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Okeamu1(m): 6:05am On Jan 17, 2007
I will consider open relationship if my wife is ok with it. I have the potential to be sleeping with about 10 women currently, but i can just narrow it down to about 2 girls plus my wife. One thing i wont do is sleep with them when my wife is with me. Only when my wife travels to parents or go on vacation, I will sleep with my side woman.

Again all of these depends on her. If she says no to open marriage. I will bury my rod in her hump for the rest of my life.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by LadyT(f): 8:52am On Jan 17, 2007
I hope you fool Oke Amu use a condom. AIDS is out there!!!
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by peeceelove(m): 10:37am On Jan 17, 2007
God Help us. the immoral values of yester years are becoming the moral values of today. open marriage  is unaccepted and very duty in the sight of God. there will be no respect for each other. come to think of it what is the essence of being together when they are not contented with each other. PLS THEY SHOULD JUST SEPERATE AND GIVE MARRIAGE A GOOD MEANING
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by kenod(m): 10:40am On Jan 17, 2007
Very unfortunate that Will Smith whom a lot of people describe as an extremely good role model has made such unfortunate comments that will definitely send the wrong signals out as this undermines the institution of marriage.Marriage is a covenant between two people and it cant be open, Then again i am of the opinion that most stars say the weirdest things just for the publicity it generates and hence keep them news worthy whilst also imprinting their footprints in the mainstream media, remember Michael Jackson and the hyperbaric chamber he claimed to sleep in during the peak of his stardom.I think its a bit rich to take this stars too seriously.Moreso speaking from a realistic point of view and in tandem with human nature,an arrangement like the one Will claims he has wouldn't survive 7 years so far given the regular bouts of jealousy and insecurites that would naturally arise from such contraption.I think Will like the comedian he is,is just being very funny, at our collective expense.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by toyboy1(m): 11:18am On Jan 17, 2007
y bother exchanging marital vows it just doesnt make sense at all, its all a mockery of the institution called marriage.
thou i believe that talk was just a publicity stunt.
if na true shall, that means d world will soon come to an end
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 17, 2007
well i think will n jada are two kwazee peeps.what is that supposed to mean isnt marriage for a man to leave his mother and father, cling unto his wife and they become one flesh?the last i read of it in the bible,twas still there.i advice them to go get a divorce.will is not ready to restrain himself, then he is not ready to be a responsible person.what foundation is he laying for his kids?anyhting goes?? shocked.well i'm kinda wowed.God bless his carnal mind n soul.
Re: Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? by ehie007(m): 11:57am On Jan 17, 2007
open marriage is not good when it comes to this part of the world (africa and may be middle-east). dont forget what america is any thing can happen. we should never consider ourselves with them even though they have blacks over there.
this is what will smith said: "Our perspective is, you don't avoid what's natural," Smith told Britain's Daily Mail. "You're going to be attracted to people. In our marriage vows, we didn't say "forsaking all others. The vow that we made was that you will never hear that I did something after the fact."

"If it came down to it, then one can say to the other, 'Look, I need to have sex with somebody. I'm not going to if you don't approve of it -- but please approve of it.'
"

its better for them to have an open marriage than for them to be in closed marriage and be commiting adultery which will lead to marriage.

But it doesnt mean i support open marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad / Mr Hope Ejerovbo Is Missing In Lagos / Woman Burnt By Fire While Helping Her Blind Husband In Benue (Viewers Discretion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.