Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

An Open Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Open Marriage (3853 Views)

What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism / Can An Open Marriage Ever Work In The Real World? / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Marriage by chelsea4su(f): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2010
hi nairaland my younger sister called yesterday and told me that his husband said they should start an open marriage,she later ask him why he wanted them to start ,and that she hasn,t done anything wrong ,but the guy said she shouldn,t worry that she still love her ,so he made examples of those who have started it ,and still love themselves like will smith & jada etc. she a bit confuse pls Nairaland help her out
Re: An Open Marriage by sms4health: 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
An open marriage in that they sleep with other people right?

Then that's not marriage which is a scared union but something else.

For me I think the husband is being greedy and wants to"legitimize" his escapades in his wife's eyes.

Nobody changes after marriage, he has always been like that and she married him.

She now has to make a decision on how best to live with it. Or not.
Re: An Open Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2010
Hmmm, if both individuals are comfortable with it then they should go for it. For some people it works for others, it doesn't. If they're going to do through with it then I suggest they do extensive research on open marriage relationships before they jump into anything. And FYI, the husband shouldn't try to force her into doing something she [your sister] doesn't wanna do.
Re: An Open Marriage by no1madman(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
Tufiakwa!i don't share my toto.
Re: An Open Marriage by johndoe200: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
chelsea4su:

hi nairaland my younger sister called yesterday and told me that his husband said they should start an open marriage,she later ask him why he wanted them to start ,and that she hasn,t done anything wrong ,but the guy said she shouldn,t worry that she still love her ,so he made examples of those who have started it ,and still love themselves like will smith & jada etc. she a bit confuse pls Nairaland help her out

Are they in Nigeria? Is her husband white? If they are here in naija then the guy just wants space. Considering your post above, if your sister speaks like you I would not blame him.

1 Like

Re: An Open Marriage by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
---
Re: An Open Marriage by manmustwac(m): 7:33am On Oct 13, 2010
^^^na lie he just wants to have his cake and eat it. Many guys are cheating on thier wives and girlfriends when it would be better to at least be honest & ask for an open relationship.
Re: An Open Marriage by Sissy3(f): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2010
open marriage =tufikwa+ annulment

its kind of sad that he would suggest such because even if she doesnt agree the dude might even see it as reason enough to cheat or even start cheating
Re: An Open Marriage by chelsea4su(f): 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2010
johndoe200:

Are they in Nigeria? Is her husband white? If they are here in naija then the guy just wants space. Considering your post above, if your sister speaks like you I would not blame him.

They are in Nija both are yorubas.
Re: An Open Marriage by luap: 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
One word: incompatibility.

Plan for divorce,
Re: An Open Marriage by ijcurt(f): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2010
chelsea4su:

wonders shall never END!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
no1madman:

Tufiakwa!i don't share my toto.
grin grin grin
Re: An Open Marriage by Wumine(f): 12:51am On Oct 15, 2010
Am short of words!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: An Open Marriage by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2010
It's I'm short for words.
Re: An Open Marriage by DaDewdropsNVS: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
2-hour . . . .Romantic helicopter tour of Miami city for 2. cool
Re: An Open Marriage by AlmondDeJoy: 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Valentine's day is coming up.
I am not gonna spend it with the husband for sure. I now know why NIGERIAN married men NEVER travel with their wives and children for ANY vacation! grin BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRING SHYTE! grin Thanks to OPEN MARRIAGES! I am going away with my boyfriend. . .while the husband spends time with his girlfriend! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnZT19OeFvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ep3Y2tv4eo

DESTINATION: THE HILTON-BENTLEY MIAMI. . .SOUTH BEACH, FLORIDA!!! FOR A WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE WEEK!!!cool

Re: An Open Marriage by ifyalways(f): 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
Inn-res-ting cheesy
Never thought about it but i know a happy couple in an open marriage kiss I dont have that type of emotional strength cos it takes alot of strength and maturity to live that way,happily.Its not even an Option for me.All or nothing here kiss
Re: An Open Marriage by AlmondDeJoy: 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
Yup! It takes SHEER GUTS! cool
Not for 'I go cherish and hold' kinda peeps!
When your husband becomes your brother. . .it is time for an 'OPEN MARRIAGE'! We can re-connect in 'old age'!

Some of us live in a man's world of course. . . but we act more MANLY than MOST MEN! cool
Blokos wey I don chop for over 10 years. . . wetin I dey struggle with for dia ah-gheyn? undecided
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. . .
Not my portion! Ah-miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin o!
Re: An Open Marriage by Sinachee: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
Thinking of my 'MAIMI DUCK CRUISE' COMING UP! grin
The joys of H-Opin marriages are numerous and joyous! cool
Re: An Open Marriage by Sinachee: 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
Almond De Joy: Valentine's day is coming up.
I am not gonna spend it with the husband for sure. I now know why NIGERIAN married men NEVER travel with their wives and children for ANY vacation! grin BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRING SHYTE! grin Thanks to OPEN MARRIAGES! I am going away with my boyfriend. . .while the husband spends time with his girlfriend! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnZT19OeFvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ep3Y2tv4eo

DESTINATION: THE HILTON-BENTLEY MIAMI. . .SOUTH BEACH, FLORIDA!!! FOR A WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE WEEK!!!cool

Beautiful. . . . cool

H-ALL EXPENSES PAID!!! kiss
Re: An Open Marriage by Sinachee: 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
NOTHING LIKE EXPERIENCING A ROMANTIC GETAWAY IN A NICE HOTEL ROOM.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS PLACE!!!!! cool
Re: An Open Marriage by Jellitah: 8:29am On Feb 03, 2013
FORGOT TO H-ADD THE MIAMI DUCK TOUR FOR MY OPEN MARRIAGE GET AWAY FOR VALENTINE'S WEEK! cool

This my new married hunk ehn? wink His pocket is bottomless. . .Too bad, I can't marry him. grin Never say never. It took 25 years of his persistence to get me to his bed. . . NEVER SAY NEVER. . . as the saying goes. Make we dey look! cheesy I am loving it so far!!!! cheesy My brothers are mortified!!!! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIsJW7eO_vo
Re: An Open Marriage by Jellitah: 8:45am On Feb 03, 2013
Don't ask me why I am booking a 'romantic air tour' over Miami with a Nigerian dude who is almost 60! cry
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I just hope he does not shyte all over the damn 'copter! Naaaaaaaaaaaaah. . . the way he moves on the bed. . . NOT A CHANCE! Too physically-fit and agile for such an occurence.

PRICE TAG. . . .$400 cool
Re: An Open Marriage by Jellitah: 8:52am On Feb 03, 2013
"OPEN" Married life is sweeeeeeeeeeeet I tellya! cool
This is the time I live my life without HUSBAND AND CHILDREN WAHALA. coolI dey h-enjoy my life gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!! grin
Re: An Open Marriage by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2013
An open mariage is adultery,simple! I am sure your sister did not sign up for that and in my opinion she should not accept that idea because it always ends in destruction, believe it or not! !.
Re: An Open Marriage by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 03, 2013
Jellitah: "OPEN" Married life is sweeeeeeeeeeeet I tellya! cool
This is the time I live my life without HUSBAND AND CHILDREN WAHALA. coolI dey h-enjoy my life gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!! grin

Is your boyfriend married?
Re: An Open Marriage by Jellitah: 8:55am On Feb 03, 2013
Dear OP. . . I am a perfect example of a very HAPPY OPEN MARRIAGE. . . . cool
E badu belle and e jolosi. . .NOR QUENCH O! wink
Tell her to trust him. . . he knows what he is doing.
These are my rules. . .and they are working fine!!! cool
To have a successfully open marriage, YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A MAN AND ACT LIKE A MAN. . . don't let STEVE HARVEY fool ya. DO NOT ACT LIKE A LADY! kiss

I stated it here: cool

https://www.nairaland.com/1181754/what-manner-husband

Jellitah:

[b][size=20pt]Absolutely. . . but he is free to crawl, walk, run or fly at anytime. . . .JUST LIKE I AM! cool
I believe in OPEN-MARRIAGES!. . . . ABSOLUTE AND TOTAL PRIVACY AND FREEDOM. . . NO STRESS!!! cool[/size]

I don't have a husband that stays at home o! HE HAS VERRRRRY ACTIVE SOCIAL LIFE. . .OUTSIDE OF MINE AND VICE VERSA.

We only find it necessary to hook up in our old ages! I am looking forward to it! Till then. . . freeeeeeeeeedom ONLY. cool

[size=20pt]My formula for a successful marriage is a 10/10/10 rule.[/size]

THE FIRST 10 YEARS TOGETHER. . .IS THE FOUNDATION PROCESS. . . you are together because you just got married TO LOVE AND FIGHT, HAVE YOUR KIDS AND BUILD UP YOUR MATRIMONIAL RESERVES. cheesy

THE NEXT 10 YEARS TOGETHER. . . IS THE VALIDATION PROCESS. . .you don't need to be together ALL THE DAMN TIME!Dammit! angryFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TO MINGLE!!! YOU ARE BUILDING A FRIENDSHIP. kiss

THE LAST 10 YEARS. . . IF YOU SURVIVE THE FIRST 20. . . IS THE CALCIFICATION PROCESS. THE MOST JOYOUS AND MOST FULFILLING. . . . NOW YOU KNOW FOR SURE WHY YOU ARE IN LOVE OR HATE!!!![/b] cool
Re: An Open Marriage by Jellitah: 9:07am On Feb 03, 2013
She may find it hard to reason with him. . .but she needs to listen.

chelsea4su: hi nairaland my younger sister called yesterday and told me that his husband said they should start an open marriage,she later ask him why he wanted them to start ,[size=20pt]and that she hasn,t done anything wrong[/size] ,but the guy said [size=20pt]she shouldn,t worry that she still love her ,so he made examples of those who have started it ,and still love themselves like will smith & jada[/size] etc. she a bit confuse pls Nairaland help her out

No, she hasn't done anything wrong and needs to quit being insecure. kiss
Marriage is one of the MOST BORING EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL INSTITUTES created by MAN AND WOMAN. . . . kiss
If you do NOT find means of coping. . .YOU WILL RUN MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!! kiss
Do not be fooled by novices and 'SINGLES' typing hia and dia about what their JESUS OF NAZARETH NEVER EXPERIENCED OR COULD NOT ACCOMPLISH . . . .IN LIFE OR IN DEATH! kiss

1 Like

Re: An Open Marriage by Jellitah: 9:18am On Feb 03, 2013
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. . . .THE BOYFRIEND CALLETH! cool

Nothing do discuss with the HUSBAND. . . .ONLY FILING TAXES AND WHAT WE GONNA DO WITH THE 'RETURNS'! Thank my H-AGNOSTIC GAAAAAAAAAAD I only worked ONE JOB LAST YEAR. . . and I still reached 6 figures! No more 2 jobs. Obama will need to find another way to make his money to feed all the 'baby mommas' and 'unproductive illegal ALIENS' in this my great USA. kiss

Ahem! OP. . . you dey for dia? grin
Re: An Open Marriage by Jellitah: 9:22am On Feb 03, 2013
NnekaGirl:

Is your boyfriend married?

Yes he is. . .he has 7 children from 4 different women.
A STAUNCH CATHOLIC WHO FREQUENTLY VISITS BABALAWOS TOO! kiss
HE IS AN AFRICAN MAN. . .A NIGERIAN MAN. . . So, what do you expect? undecided
Any further questions? kiss
Re: An Open Marriage by Jellitah: 9:33am On Feb 03, 2013
As I was saying OP. . . Marriage is what you make out of it. . . and there must BE A MEETING OF THE MINDS. Valentine's season is up again. Some choose to spend it with their spouses. . .others like moi. . . HELL NO! kiss It has nothing to do with love or committment. . . I could think of a million other places I could possible be. . .just like he thinks. . . BUT WE TALK EVERY BLESSED DAY AND WE STILL HAVE GREAAAAAAAAAAAT SEX ONLY ONCE IN A BLUE MOON WITH LOTS OF ALCOHOL, when ever we PHOCK! cool

So here is how I plan to spend my VALENTINE'S WEEK. . . Having fun. . . with the BOYFRIEND INSTEAD! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) / What Do You Think Of This Pratice Of Force Feeding A Baby PIC / 2 Yr Old Indian Girl Born With Four Hands And Four Legs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.