Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. (6011 Views)

Please Which One Should I Go For And Why Honda Pilot 03 Or ACURA MDX 03 / FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles / Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
On Monday morning.
I drove out with my Dodge to a friends warehouse
When I got there I we talked ..
Some Goods just landed tho Custom Ceased
One of it was a 2003,pilot
I checked it out and did little inspection
from my little mind
The car was nice and very neat as in He Dry
I talked to him about price
The price was so so so Cheap Mehn (Cos na my senior Man) grin
Before conclusion I called a ba3 charger to bring one battery to start the ignition
We kicked it up
After the 3rd start she Came cheesy
But
The engine Rpm won't stay on one spot
From 700-2400 up and down
I looked it as a small ish since the engine was well sound
The tranny was Good
I scanned the ride It Only Showed Idle Air bla bla
The Ac Won't work too I guess its the Gas
Radio is Locked (thinking of contacting Day-11)
There was a sound underneath when in motion
All this I overlooked

I paid for it yesterday and got it registered yesterday

Yesterday afternoon I called my mech

We fixed the sound under twas a minor issue
We got it serviced
Ac was fixed (Refill Gas)

Now he said the unstable rpm
Is from the accuator (That stuff you use to Rev the Car)i don't know if I got the correct spelling
He removed it and serviced it but its still the same
He said it costs 15000#
But the car works and move fine but in Park u hear it going up and down asin The rpm

Abeg Gazzuzz Siena Ikenna315 lomomike sultaan and many others i need your view
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Selling my Chevrolet Venture
But my dodge charger still stays tongue
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by nwaanambra1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
there is something they called airflow meter. thats what u need to change. my card hard a similar issue and they almost changed everything in the car until one nice mech told me that the problem is the airflow meter. and whn he changed it, the revving stopped!.

abeg how much did he sold the car to you? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=nwaanambra1]there is something they called airflow meter. thats what u need to change. my card hard a similar issue and they almost changed everything in the car until one nice mech told me that the problem is the airflow meter. and whn he changed it, the revving stopped!.

abeg how much did he sold the car to you? [/
quote]

Airflow Meter hmmm Noted am gonna Check
Thank you so much for stopping and sharing ur Word
About The price lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I'll say it later sha
Let's solve whats on ground
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
@(A pill of chill) grin "I scanned the ride It Only Showed Idle Air bla bla"

This bla bla scan result will not help.
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
GAZZUZZ: @(A pill of chill) grin "I scanned the ride It Only Showed Idle Air bla bla"

This bla bla scan result will not help.

Y are you calling me a pill of chill lols
You ehn
Anyways the scan result showed
Idle air control p0505
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by sultaan(m): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Clean the idle air controller first it is on the throttle body sometimes they gat covered in oily carbon and cause rpm to fluctuate
Check for a video on IAC on YouTube

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
sultaan: Clean the idle air controller first it is on the throttle body sometimes they gat covered in oily carbon and cause rpm to fluctuate
Check for a video on IAC on YouTube

Have done that bro
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by DECOtech(m): 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Readone35L:

Have done that bro
Did it solve the problem?
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 28, 2014
DECOtech: Did it solve the problem?
Not at all
This car is toks engine is very dry
No sign of oil or carbon on The iavc
I removed it and gave it a cleanup and even flushed with this abro choke something something
It still remained same
But the stuff is rusty
Everything looks okay maybe the butterfly doesn't close completely thereby allowing air into it
Still thinking
Or will I buy another idle air control or what
Hmmmm
Any tip from anyone is welcomed
I still drove the car tonight too festac to get sharwama tongue
But idling is angry

1 Like

Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by DECOtech(m): 1:54am On Aug 28, 2014
Readone35L:
Not at all
This car is toks engine is very dry
No sign of oil or carbon on The iavc
I removed it and gave it a cleanup and even flushed with this abro choke something something
It still remained same
But the stuff is rusty
Everything looks okay maybe the butterfly doesn't close completely thereby allowing air into it
Still thinking
Or will I buy another idle air control or what
Hmmmm
Any tip from anyone is welcomed
I still drove the car tonight too festac to get sharwama tongue
But idling is angry
What looks rusty? ...the Idle air control? ...then you shld get a replacement for it. Cheers.
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 28, 2014
DECOtech: What looks rusty? ...the Idle air control? ...then you shld get a replacement for it. Cheers.
The whole engine bay nau
Just like a dry look
Only the body looks a bit rusty the inside is fresh
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:10am On Aug 28, 2014
Readone35L:
The whole engine bay nau
Just like a dry look
Only the body looks a bit rusty the inside is fresh

Can we have pics of your engine and idle?

This is a pdf file of how to clean IACV http://www.google.com/url?q=http://engine-codes.com/uploads/honda/04-007.pdf&sa=U&ei=TzL-U_y4AofJOfCagbAF&ved=0CDAQFjAL&sig2=zerd6OqbAw0pz7cch5JH_g&usg=AFQjCNFycRp39BU365uZyFXJly7paK-J_A
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by sultaan(m): 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
Very good you have a carbon cleaner didn't know how to describe it initially now try spraying the cleaner along the air hoses and manifold area at a point the idle speed/ sound will change and that is where your leak is
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 29, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Can we have pics of your engine and idle?

This is a pdf file of how to clean IACV http://www.google.com/url?q=http://engine-codes.com/uploads/honda/04-007.pdf&sa=U&ei=TzL-U_y4AofJOfCagbAF&ved=0CDAQFjAL&sig2=zerd6OqbAw0pz7cch5JH_g&usg=AFQjCNFycRp39BU365uZyFXJly7paK-J_A

Thanks David
I'll post pictures tomorrow
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 29, 2014
sultaan: Very good you have a carbon cleaner didn't know how to describe it initially now try spraying the cleaner along the air hoses and manifold area at a point the idle speed/ sound will change and that is where your leak is
I'll try this
But car seems to be getting better small small
Anoda said maybe a bad gas in the tank
Some said its because it has been containerised for long
I filled the Tank Today and I saw little changes but its not really stable
I went to Trinity in apapa
I got My Ac Refilled and Checked #3000
The kick starter was malfunctioning they rebuilt it and changed something inside #4000
I got my Radio code free
Got new Foot mats .

Car is now in 9/10 position
I'll start her in the morning and check the rpm status if is still fooling .
I'll try syltaan and Gazzuzz advice
Thank you all...
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 29, 2014
Readone35L: On Monday morning.
I drove out with my Dodge to a friends warehouse
When I got there I we talked ..
Some[b] Goods just landed tho Custom Ceased
One of it was a 2003,pilot[/b]
I checked it out and did little inspection
from my little mind
The car was nice and very neat as in He Dry
I talked to him about price
The price was so so so Cheap Mehn (Cos na my senior Man) grin
Before conclusion I called a ba3 charger to bring one battery to start the ignition
We kicked it up
After the 3rd start she Came cheesy
But
The engine Rpm won't stay on one spot
From 700-2400 up and down
I looked it as a small ish since the engine was well sound
The tranny was Good
I scanned the ride It Only Showed Idle Air bla bla
The Ac Won't work too I guess its the Gas
Radio is Locked (thinking of contacting Day-11)
There was a sound underneath when in motion
All this I overlooked

I paid for it yesterday and got it registered yesterday

Yesterday afternoon I called my mech

We fixed the sound under twas a minor issue
We got it serviced
Ac was fixed (Refill Gas)

Now he said the unstable rpm
Is from the accuator (That stuff you use to Rev the Car)i don't know if I got the correct spelling
He removed it and serviced it but its still the same
He said it costs 15000#
But the car works and move fine but in Park u hear it going up and down asin The rpm

Abeg Gazzuzz Siena Ikenna315 lomomike sultaan and many others i need your view

I thought NCS seized goods aren't sold, hmmmmm!
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2014
lomomike:

I thought NCS seized goods aren't sold, hmmmmm!

Its a connection country
Things happen when you are in your bed room sleeping

1 Like

Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2014

Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by sultaan(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
I know the manifold cover is missing from the pic, you had mechanics look at it but there is something in that first pic I can't see clearly I think I know what it is ,If I am right you just found your problem in the fist pic near the red battery cable cover there seem to be a hose cut off with the hose clamps still there confirm if it is the same on the other side of this pic I attached and where it should connect to

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb276/gearboxracquetball/3.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/id/Acura-TL-Engine-Grounding-for-20/step7/Throttle-Body/

If the pictures help then it is good to always post one since others might see what you didn't notice
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by 9icetoo(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
There is a hose connection near the positive battery terminal that is not connected. The hose seems to have been knocked off but the retaining clip is still there. Put that hose back and the irregular idle rpm should go away. Its affecting the car cos the broken off conection is after ur air flow meter. cheers
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
sultaan the car you posted is diff from mine or maybe a diff Honda v6
there is no Hose at the top of my that Iavc in my car
I even went as fat as cleaning the fuel nozzles
am going to change the iavc On Monday at Trinity or Ladipo
but
when you remove one of those cables connecting to it it idles correctly and normal but won't rev above 2000rpm
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
i posted that picture when I was about to Loose that part so that's why the cables and hose are out
but trust me when u put it in
it does d same
the open manifold was when I decided to clean the nozzles
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by sultaan(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Cleaning nozzle is going to deep into the wrong area.put the air filter back together and take a couple of clearer pics from what I am looking at looks like the hose has been cut usually the clamps are on the hose not the fitting unless the hose was cut.

Your problem is still a air leak after the mad sensor.

1 Like

Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Readonee35L(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2014
thanks sultaan,9icetoo,Gazzuzz and decotech
car has been fixed since .
i changed the actuator i got one for #9000 at ladipo
i was suppose to post updates but mr seun banned my account
so i re-opened another thread
so far so good ,the car has been fine
the ac worked for a week and stopped cooling
the techi said the compressor is faulty that he is gonna work on it for #5000
i dont really drive the pilot but this weekend am gonna give it to the ac techi
i scanned and cleared the code Idle air control p0505 code
.i get like a 3 seconds delay when i change tranny to Drive but no jerks ,or what so ever drive is smooth, i checked the fluid level but it wasnt leveled , am going to purchase the recommended fluid and flush out the old one
smiley smiley
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Readonee35L(m): 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hello Guys
Been Long since I updated the Thread my pilot has been fine Tho

But I noticed some issues
My check engine light is on
After scanning
I got a code which pointed at Egr Valve

And my Vtm-4 light also comes on the dash after driving for like a mile and won't go off even after pushing the button
Infact the button won't change anything,more like it doesn't work

Your opinions and solutions are Needed

Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Readonee35L(m): 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
Decotech Autosbay Lomomike Gazzuzz CityNg Sienna ikenna351 chucky234 Fulaman198 e.tc

Please help
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 19, 2014
Readonee35L:
Hello Guys
Been Long since I updated the Thread my pilot has been fine Tho

But I noticed some issues
My check engine light is on
After scanning
I got a code which pointed at Egr Valve

And my Vtm-4 light also comes on the dash after driving for like a mile and won't go off even after pushing the button
Infact the button won't change anything,more like it doesn't work

Your opinions and solutions are Needed

Hello bro, although I'm not conversant with Honda/Pilot systems, I'd take a general DIY work lane in helping you. Your VTM-4 is a 4 wheel traction system which locks your vehicle in 4 Wheel mode in speeds less than 30km/h (hope I'm right). Some cars traction control has a connection with engine your Pilot is one of such cars, if the system detects a slip, it cuts power to engine, engage the traction and reduce the speed of the slipping wheel. Your VTM-4 system has a connection with EGR system. 1st I'd like you to try the DIY in the link I provided.

m.wikihow.com/Clean-Your-EGR-Valve
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by chucky234(m): 7:35am On Dec 19, 2014
Either your coolant level is low or idle air control valve is faulty.
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Readonee35L(m): 10:27am On Dec 19, 2014
chucky234:
Either your coolant level is low or idle air control valve is faulty.
funny enough idle air control valve was changed when i bought this car toks August 27 2014 because of fluctuating rpm.

Coolant is up to guage
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Readonee35L(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2014
lomomike:

Hello bro, although I'm not conversant with Honda/Pilot systems, I'd take a general DIY work lane in helping you. Your VTM-4 is a 4 wheel traction system which locks your vehicle in 4 Wheel mode in speeds less than 30km/h (hope I'm right). Some cars traction control has a connection with engine your Pilot is one of such cars, if the system detects a slip, it cuts power to engine, engage the traction and reduce the speed of the slipping wheel. Your VTM-4 system has a connection with EGR system. 1st I'd like you to try the DIY in the link I provided.

m.wikihow.com/Clean-Your-EGR-Valve

oh thank you very much'
i'll check the link
because sometimes i get wheel spin under heavy acceleration and sometimes it wont spin
i will get back to you later .am @ work

i'll work on the provided link
Re: Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. by Readonee35L(m): 11:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hey guys

Been busy as always

i haven't solved the Egr valve issue , i have tried most solutions and my mech has done some little things, but the cel light comes back on after clearing it...
still driving her like that tho...

she's cool
let me share some pictures smiley smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Never Trust A Mechanic, My Experience With A Close One / Toyota Venza Vs Luxus 330: Which One Is Better? / Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.