Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Do You Believe In Blood Covenant - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In Blood Covenant (849 Views)

Dumped After Blood Covenant And Abortions / Blood Covenant With Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend? / My Girlfriend Wants A Blood Covenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Swizdoe(m): 11:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
My Best friend is travelling abroad next month to acquire his Masters degree... He told me recently that his girlfreind of over six years wants him to enter a blood covenant with her in order to assure her that he is going to return to her and also to prove his love for her.... My friend took it as a joke at first but the girl has continued to pressurize him to do it but he is scared of the consequence because he doesn't want future complications. It just got me wondering if people still believe blood covenant is enough to tie their lover down....
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by StealthyMe(m): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Swizdoe: My Best friend is travelling abroad next month to acquire his Masters degree... He told me recently that his girlfreind of over six years wants him to enter a blood covenant with her in order to assure her that he is going to return to her and also to prove his love for her.... My friend took it as a joke at first but the girl has continued to pressurize him to do it but he is scared of the consequence because he doesn't want future complications. It just got me wondering if people still believe blood covenant is enough to tie their lover down....

He shouldn't do it so as to forestall future problems..
Even if he truly wants to marry her,he should not do a blood covenant if he loves his future.

What if he finds out something unpalatable about the lady later and decides to call it quits?

Prevention they say is better than cure....by far!
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Swizdoe(m): 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
StealthyMe:

He shouldn't do it so as to forestall future problems..
Even if he truly wants to marry her,he should not do a blood covenant if he loves his future.

What if he finds out something unpalatable about the lady later and decides to call it quits?

Prevention they say is better than cure....by far!
Yeah you are very correct. I already told him not to do it but the girl seems to be very adamant because she believes that's the only way to to prevent break-up.... I just pray that my guy does not fall into temptation.
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by holycup(m): 12:06am On Aug 28, 2014
Blood covenant is very risky,and not an authentic way to show love either.
Even if they eventually get married tomorw and one person dies....it becomes a big prblm for the other partner and their children .talking frm expirience.
I advise him to desist frm it entirely.
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by StealthyMe(m): 12:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Swizdoe: Yeah you are very correct. I already told him not to do it but the girl seems to be very adamant because she believes that's the only way to to prevent break-up.... I just pray that my guy does not fall into temptation.

He should try to let her see reasons with him, the after effects & all....
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by roymary: 12:48am On Aug 28, 2014
Blood covenant works only in the village...That sh*t don't fly once you cross 3rd mainland bridge. undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Swizdoe(m): 5:19am On Aug 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

He should try to let her see reasons with him, the after effects & all....
Thanks Bro
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Swizdoe(m): 5:21am On Aug 28, 2014
roymary: Blood covenant works only in the village...That sh*t don't fly once you cross 3rd mainland bridge. undecided
Lol...... This is one of the reason why am wondering why a modern girl will suggest such a crude method
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Swizdoe(m): 5:24am On Aug 28, 2014
holycup: Blood covenant is very risky,and not an authentic way to show love either.
Even if they eventually get married tomorw and one person dies....it becomes a big prblm for the other partner and their children .talking frm expirience.
I advise him to desist frm it entirely.
Thanks......... Am suspecting she wants to use it to keep him in bondage.
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by passionate88: 5:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Swizdoe: My Best friend is travelling abroad next month to acquire his Masters degree... He told me recently that his girlfreind of over six years wants him to enter a blood covenant with her in order to assure her that he is going to return to her and also to prove his love for her.... My friend took it as a joke at first but the girl has continued to pressurize him to do it but he is scared of the consequence because he doesn't want future complications. It just got me wondering if people still believe blood covenant is enough to tie their lover down....
Blood convenant is a tricky issue. Tell your friend not to do it, does it mean that when he travels out his girl will stay away from any form of s*xual act untill he returns from his sojourn?.
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Missmossy(f): 5:53am On Aug 28, 2014
For real? People still wanna indulge in such a sacrilegious act in this 21st century. The guy should never agree to such biko.

It would not even guarantee anything,any partner who wishes to cheat still will anyway.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Nsonaso(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2014
Missmossy:
It would not even guarantee anything,any partner who wishes to cheat still will anyway.

Except if it's not properly done.... Else the results is always catastrophic if it's rules where to be broken....

Just like the foretold Catholic marriage... Nobody has ever joked with it then....
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by jennylove7575(f): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2014
See evil spirit talks...... For the girl to open her ogbanje mouth to suggest such thing that girl must be a patroniser of babalawo. Na wah. That guy is in trouble. If I were him, I will stay clear from that girl because she can put some voodoo inside her eden. The voodoo is called...YOU GO NOWHERE.... grin talking from experience. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by austine4real(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2014
u beta let her and save ur future i pity u ooo
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Bobo121(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2014
jennylove7575: See evil spirit talks...... For the girl to open her ogbanje mouth to suggest such thing that girl must be a patroniser of babalawo. Na wah. That guy is in trouble. If I were him, I will stay clear from that girl because she can put some voodoo inside her eden. The voodoo is called...YOU GO NOWHERE.... grin talking from experience. grin
Hehehe...gist me small from the experience
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by jennylove7575(f): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2014
Bobo121:
Hehehe...gist me small from the experience
ha ha ha ha...aproko.org
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Bobo121(m): 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
jennylove7575: ha ha ha ha...aproko.org
Hehehe...I like gist no b small,so give me small gist make I gain small from your experince.
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by lharstborn(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
jennylove7575: ha ha ha ha...aproko.org
Arrange the full gist give the hauz nah..
@ OP..tell your guy to pack his bag and baggages,fold his trousers abi nah jeans into knee or shorts length and RUN!! A girl who can go as far as suggesting such a barbaric act tells a lot that she is desperate and doesn't want the law of nature to take its natural course,and what happens if one manipulates the law of nature?.. #FillInTheBlanks#
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
jennylove7575: See evil spirit talks...... For the girl to open her ogbanje mouth to suggest such thing that girl must be a patroniser of babalawo. Na wah. That guy is in trouble. If I were him, I will stay clear from that girl because she can put some voodoo inside her eden. The voodoo is called...YOU GO NOWHERE.... grin talking from experience. grin
Uve said it all ooo! For her bliving in blood convenant which will def be done in a shrine den she s def not a christian or muslim must be a strong ritualist. Tell ur guy to run for his dear life dats if he neva je efo
Re: Do You Believe In Blood Covenant by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
...I believ in its power...and i believe it works alot....

....But its bullsh*t....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Love Women Expect Online / What You Like In A lady / Who Are Good In Toasting The Ladies: The Art Students Or Science Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.