Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria (15848 Views)

Africa's Political Situation Is Caused By The Low IQ Of The People. / The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) / Cnn Breaking News: Nigeria's Story Placed As Number 1 Headline News.(bad Image) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by kingingkinging: 9:26am On Aug 28, 2014
Justcash: I have come across several Nigerians that have complained about the way that they are being discriminated against by foreigners. They seem not to understand the reasons for this discrimination. Over the years, I have observed that the main reason for this trend is the way we present and talk about our country to foreigners. I will outline some examples to justify my point.

1: BOKO HARAM: The rise of Boko haram from a mere group of boy scouts to a full blown terrorist organization is Infact aided by the support and free propaganda executed by Nigerians. Boko haram is mainly concentrated in a small area of Nigeria, and they have been able to fight persistently. The rise in their morale is a result of the support that Nigerians unknowingly give to them through telling unconfirmed stories about their exploits.
These stories are grabbed by the international media and announced, thereby making Nigeria to look like a terror ravaged country. The consequence of this is that foreign countries become more wary of Nigerians, and take extra effort to check Nigerians that are going into their countries. Unfortunately, it is the same people that spread these news that suffer most from this.

2: EBOLA: Nigeria was Ebola free before Patrick Sawyer arrived with it. Few people that took care of him got infected before he died, and the LSG in collaboration with the FG struggled and contained the disease. Nigerians blew Ebola out of proportion. Some Nigerians kept spreading rumors about Ebola findings in states that were free of it. As expected, the fictitious news about how fast Ebola was spreading in the country was grabbed by the international news media, and it created panic in foreign countries. With less than 10 deaths from Ebola, Nigerians have been quarantined most at the entry points into foreign countries. This happened in HongKong, Singapore, Malaysia, US, UK etc. Of recent Nigeria was kicked out of the youth Olympics. This is the product of the way Nigerians self-destruct themselves.

3: NIGERIAN MILITARY:The Nigerian army was respected and seen as one of the strongest in the world. This is an outcome of the years of conflict resolution at home and foreign countries. Of recent, the rise of Boko Haram has created a new challenge for the Nigerian army. Unlike in conventional warfare across borders, the enemies are within and can easily blend into the civilian population without being noticed. It is actually a difficult conflict especially as the military will have to avoid killing innocent citizens.
Nigerians seem to lack understanding of this difficulty, so they keep taunting the Nigerian military. They write all sorts of anti-military texts, build propaganda to show that the military is weak and expose more of Nigeria's weakness to the world. As a result, Nigeria is seen as being very weak. The most recent effort is increasingly trying to show that the Camerounian Military is stronger than that of Nigeria. WILL IT SURPRISE ANYBODY IF CAMEROUN BECOMES GUTSY ENOUGH TO INVADE NIGERIA? We are hyping their military because they are dealing with a foreign (Nigerian) terrorist group that has barely penetrated their country. If the table was turned, and BOKO HARAM members were Camerounians, do you think It would have been difficult for the Nigerian military to contain? Like the EBOLA SAGA has shown, it is easier to contain a foreign menace.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is seen as a weak nation now, and every small nation can afford to damn Nigerians now.

4: FOOTBALL AGE ISSUE: The issue of football age has become a big problem in soccer. However, the way Nigerians trumpet about the cases involving Nigerians makes it to look as if Nigerians are the biggest age cheats in soccer. As soon as a Nigerian age grade team wins a major tournament, Nigerians take to the social media and start tainting the image of the teams by making unverified statements about the true age of the members of the teams. Unfortunately, these allegations, though mostly unverified, are noted by the members of the international community, and it reduces the respect that the teams have brought for the nation.
Recently, the Nigerian Falconets got to the final of the World Cup. Even though they didn't win, Nigerians have done the usual by going online and raising worrisome accusations against the patriots. They do this without realizing that they are shooting themselves on their feet. If foreign clubs had plans to grab them, these false age accusations may hinder their moves or reduce their values. Tomorrow, if the siblings of these critics are refused visa to play in a foreign country, they will blame the green passport forgetting that they are indirectly responsible for their misfortunes.

Nigerians must be careful about the way they speak and expose Nigeria. Nigeria is for Nigerians. If you kill her, you are killing yourselves. I BELIEVE THAT THE IMAGE OF NIGERIA WILL IMPROVE WHEN NIGERIANS STOP WASHING THEIR DIRTY UNDIES IN PUBLIC.

May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

I wonder who you are OP and what was your driving force in getting this written.

I have lived in Nigeria long enough to know that Nigerians appreciate good gestures quickly from their leaders,they accept fair judgements, they equally forget things easily whether good or bad and we view things from different angles when it has to do with our tribes.

You opinion cannot be fought because it is yours therefore no argument but I can tell you categorically that everything mentioned above with the exception of football age are impeachable offenses to our president. For example:

1. Boko Haram: In a sane society, do you think a president that has found it difficult to address a group of people that are less than 100,000 will still be in power after almost 5 years. He has spent more than 3 trillion yet no result rather he professed on different occasions that he has been handling Boko Haram issues with kid-gloves and that they have penetrated into every facet of his government including his cabinet.
He declared State of emergency yet Boko Haram has struck Abuja 4 times in this year only including DSS head office Asokoro.
They have taken over 3 communities in the North East and our president had the temerity to say if he goes to Chibok Boko Haram might kill him meaning, he is not ready to die for Nigeria yet he pushes the army to die daily. Who is fooling who? who is denting Nigeria image there?

2. Ebola: The president himself blew it out of proportion with his unguarded speeches. Pls you are advised to read or watch what President said about the outbreak of Ebola and compare what Gov Fashola said on same issue.

Fashola was able to convince the citizens, encourage the health workers, etc but the president blew it out of proportion because he wanted to make a political statement with the fund he wanted to vote for the outbreak. unfortunately the money would be embessled because it was not released on time.
You cannot blame the followers for the errors of their leaders. My friend in the UK told me yesterday if I still stay in Lagos or I have run to Ibadan. I told him i am in Lagos, he said how?He said that information reaching them over there makes them to think that everybody has contracted the virus, I said just 5 people have been recorded dead and others discharged and we have just a case left. He couldn't believe it. Leadership is not a bread and tea phenomenon. GEJ should learn how to address issues. Remember he addressed Chibok saga after 18 days, what a leader!

3. Nigeria Army: How can you blame anybody for what is happening now. When we used to say Nigeria Army is the best in Africa, where were you. Are we not the same persons that used to say that? But now that we can see clearly that their performances are directly proportional to the ability of whoever is the C-I-C we know better. In those years under, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, Yar' adua, they were doing well because those ones will not allow terrorists to have a field day in their territory. They new what sovereignty of a nation means, they protected their boarders, etc.
But our president will rather remain clannish than protecting the lives and property of the citizenry.

Do you now expect the governed to be lying all in the name of being patriotic. When more than 500,000 Nigerians are already refugees in other neighboring countries including the soldiers you want us to hype.

Bro, Nigeria is worse than what we say or see. They have sold the destinies of millions. May God deliver us.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by groovie(m): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Op, thanks, i said the same thing on that 480 soldier thread, but people keep arguing blindly, saying they know something but they don't know squat, Nigerians need to think twice before we criticize, especially those gullible people that call our president clueless.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by PointB: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2014
davidif:

Excellent post.

Thanks man. Just sharing.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Ahmeduana(m): 9:37am On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=Justcash]
D ARM d WE YORUBAS AR DOIN 2 DIS NATION TRU NEGATIVS PROPAGANDA IS WORST DAN WAT D bh ARE DOIN,MY MIND U AM A TPICAL YORUBA BUT I DON'T SUBSCRIBE 2 DIS POLITICS OF "wat chicken culd not eat wit is mouth wil be destro wit is leg"
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Afroconnect: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2014
I think on a broader perspectives,all that you listed up there is as a result of the failed value system,as exhibited by the 'leaders' and politicians.

When people from outside look at us,they wonder how a people can condone such impunity and live in such deceit and lies from a ruling elite cabal that is so greedy,even in the expense of the lives of the ordinary Nigerian.

I can't blame the youth,they either beat or join them-the poor man don't know better already blinded by ethnicity,religion and culture.

When people see this,they laugh at us-cos Nigeria is one funny scenerio of perpetual lies,deceit and waste.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Gbawe: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2014
BankuTilapia2: It doesnt take a minute to figure out a mumugerian from other Africans. A bunch of loud mouth madafuckersssss, bragging with nothing to show for apart from their usual giant of Africa and exhibiting their numerous talent such as fraud, ritual murders, arm robberies, grin cheesy cheesy

Sharap and get out of here. Let Nigerians discuss their issues with themselves because you clearly have nothing constructive to add aside your bad belle against us.

@Topic.

OP, It is a chicken or egg situation. I.e which one gave us the other. Do Nigerians just routinely love to 'bad mouth' Nigeria or is it that the hopelessness of the nation has turned many Nigerians into bitter cynics who have valid and justifiable reasons to always see and contemplate the worst? One of what I find most tragic about Nigeria today is how even the simplest things never work as they should. When the thinking and mentality of Nigerians are then bastardized as a result of this, to the extent they lash out negatively, we have this sort of thread where the fault is laid at the door of Nigerians and not the system creating unpatriotic and disillusioned citizens. For example, when David Cameron ensured the culprits of the last anti-social riot ,which thoroughly shamed the UK, were quickly brought to justice this reinforced the notion in the minds of Britons that law and order still prevails in their nation even if bad things happen. Britons will thus be predisposed to speaking proudly, optimistically and confidently about their Nation. Contrast with Nigeria where fuel subsidy scammers who could have crippled the Nation entirely continue to walk around freely and even officially associate with the President who should have ensured, ASAP, they were brought to justice and dealt with severely to serve as a deterrent to others.

You expect me or any other Nigerian to not speak bitterly about that openly bastardizing and hideously aberrant behaviour coming from the very top ? A lot of negatives goes on in the background in other Nations but it is in Nigeria that wrongdoing, indolence, mediocrity, warped morality, corruption, crime and what is negative is celebrated and even elevated openly and publicly. It is Nigeria, with moral code of conduct totally eroded, that leaders act like criminals and thus send out negative messages about 'acceptable behaviour' to the impressionable public. This is creating a society of warped, confused, morally dubious and frustrated Nigerians disconnected from the normal rules that guide how citizens relate with and love their nation.

Leadership is vital in that it must recognise its role of leading by example to (1) set down laudable standards others can emulate because followers tend to take inspiration (this could even be criminal behaviour as is the case with Nigeria) from mentors/leaders and (2) embrace selflessness to create a Nation its citizen can be proud of. That is missing for Nigeria. Most of the time average citizens cannot 'regenerate' themselves in the synergy existing between the dynamics of nationhood to be the both leaders and follower. Average citizens need effective leadership to become effective followers. Those who the average man/woman look up to should set standards and be the epitome of virtue and what is desirable. The opposite is the case for us and this, naturally, manifests in the 'badmouthing' conduct of Nigerians you highlight here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Gbawe: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2014
Afroconnect: I think on a broader perspectives,all that you listed up there is as a result of the failed value system,as exhibited by the 'leaders' and politicians.

When people from outside look at us,they wonder how a people can condone such impunity and live in such deceit and lies from a ruling elite cabal that is so greedy,even in the expense of the lives of the ordinary Nigerian.

I can't blame the youth,they either beat or join them-the poor man don't know better already blinded by ethnicity,religion and culture.

When people see this,they laugh at us-cos Nigeria is one funny scenerio of perpetual lies,deceit and waste.

100% correct. The average Nigerian, as is the case worldwide, needs Nigeria to work, from the very top downward, so that they are also inspired to key into feeling and talking good about their nation plus doing all that is best in Nigeria's interest.

4 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Blockus: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Justcash: I have come across several Nigerians that have complained about the way that they are being discriminated against by foreigners. They seem not to understand the reasons for this discrimination. Over the years, I have observed that the main reason for this trend is the way we present and talk about our country to foreigners. I will outline some examples to justify my point.

Lol.. grin

Wether we talk about it or not... The truth is always the truth.. Nigeria is a very very underachieving nation with more negatives than positives.

Justcash: 1: BOKO HARAM: The rise of Boko haram from a mere group of boy scouts to a full blown terrorist organization is Infact aided by the support and free propaganda executed by Nigerians. Boko haram is mainly concentrated in a small area of Nigeria, and they have been able to fight persistently. The rise in their morale is a result of the support that Nigerians unknowingly give to them through telling unconfirmed stories about their exploits.
These stories are grabbed by the international media and announced, thereby making Nigeria to look like a terror ravaged country. The consequence of this is that foreign countries become more wary of Nigerians, and take extra effort to check Nigerians that are going into their countries. Unfortunately, it is the same people that spread these news that suffer most from this.

[b]BOKO HARAM: The Nigerian Government under Obasanjo had known about Boko Haram since as far back as 2005 -06 and were aware that it was a fundamentalist group that had started amassing a following that was slowly and steadily growing. The Government did not take any proactive measures to either infilterate the group or even fund a counter programme against them that didnt involve violence. Next thing, they act up once and we responded with brute force killing their relatively saner leader Mohammed Yusuf extra-judiciously giving his lunatic lietenant Abu Qaqa the opportunity to take the group to the Permanent site.. Now its almost too late to do nothing about them.

Its not Propaganda when we say Boko HAram are bombing people with impuinity in Nigeria and that the armed forces are powerless against them: ABi have you forgotten the Madala bombing, the Bus Park bombing, the Police HQ bombing, ThisDay House Bombing, The United Nations Building Bombing, the Churches that were bombed, the Polytechnic butchering, Independence day bombing, e.t.c... Now how much more out of proportion can we blow Boko Haram?! If Boko Haram could have such freedom to operate in Brono even with the State of Emergency in place, can you blame Nigerians for peddling unconfirmed stories?! Havent Boko Haram earned the status they currently have?!

OKAY... Lemme take you even a tep further: The Nigerian Media Houses have also showen how incompetent, bias and unreliable they can be for news. DO you still remember the CHIBOK GIRLS?! When last did any Media house carry any developing story on this case?! DO you remember how they all started reporting the case halfassedly when it happened?! Whilst the pro-government media houses where spinning the news of the kidnap to be untrue, the pro-opposition papers were spinning their own.. Infact, it took CNN and BBC journalist to come into Nigeria and visit Chibok for Nigerians to have a look at what the Chibok community actually looked like and to see the school from where the Girls were taken.. It also took Isha Sesay to get the Government to actually talk on the matter of the Girls. Compare the questions asked to the President and Laraban Maku by Isha Sesay of CNN to those asked to same people by Channels TV..

With regards to Boko Haram, Foreign media houses have more information on the group than local media houses. America Knows.. lol [/b]

Justcash: 2: EBOLA: Nigeria was Ebola free before Patrick Sawyer arrived with it. Few people that took care of him got infected before he died, and the LSG in collaboration with the FG struggled and contained the disease. Nigerians blew Ebola out of proportion. Some Nigerians kept spreading rumors about Ebola findings in states that were free of it. As expected, the fictitious news about how fast Ebola was spreading in the country was grabbed by the international news media, and it created panic in foreign countries. With less than 10 deaths from Ebola, Nigerians have been quarantined most at the entry points into foreign countries. This happened in HongKong, Singapore, Malaysia, US, UK etc. Of recent Nigeria was kicked out of the youth Olympics. This is the product of the way Nigerians self-destruct themselves.

[b]EBOLA:: Its very obvious from the Ebola outbreak the poisition the world sees Nigeria to occupy in relation to Africa. We are the Giants of Africa.. If we have an Ebola Problem, then the World potentially has an Ebola Problem. Its like if South Africa has an Ebola Problem, the world would also sit up. It took Ebola entering Nigeria for the world to finally pay serious attention to it and finally release a drug that they had been developing for over 10 years for trials.

Now you cant blame Nigerians for blowing the Ebola outbreak to the heights it reached.. Remember that; Our Healthcare system in Nigeria is shiit, the Doctors were on strike, our Government is highly unreliable and the Fhucking virus has no cure. Also, the disease did not attack the poor and rural dwellers like it did in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone but rather the middle to upper class Nigerians who were more exposed and thus the outbreak couldnt be downplayed like we did that of Dengue fever. Ofcourse we were bound to Panic and rightly so.. That Panic has led to people paying greater attention to hygiene, their surroundings and taking maximum precaution which has led to a limited spread of the disease.. That people get quarantined is an acceptable harzard to me.

Its not based on what we say, Nigerians are all over the world and keep moving so the world cant turn a blind eye to us in a situation like an Ebola outbreak.[/b]

Justcash: 3: NIGERIAN MILITARY:The Nigerian army was respected and seen as one of the strongest in the world. This is an outcome of the years of conflict resolution at home and foreign countries. Of recent, the rise of Boko Haram has created a new challenge for the Nigerian army. Unlike in conventional warfare across borders, the enemies are within and can easily blend into the civilian population without being noticed. It is actually a difficult conflict especially as the military will have to avoid killing innocent citizens.
Nigerians seem to lack understanding of this difficulty, so they keep taunting the Nigerian military. They write all sorts of anti-military texts, build propaganda to show that the military is weak and expose more of Nigeria's weakness to the world. As a result, Nigeria is seen as being very weak. The most recent effort is increasingly trying to show that the Camerounian Military is stronger than that of Nigeria. WILL IT SURPRISE ANYBODY IF CAMEROUN BECOMES GUTSY ENOUGH TO INVADE NIGERIA? We are hyping their military because they are dealing with a foreign (Nigerian) terrorist group that has barely penetrated their country. If the table was turned, and BOKO HARAM members were Camerounians, do you think It would have been difficult for the Nigerian military to contain? Like the EBOLA SAGA has shown, it is easier to contain a foreign menace.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is seen as a weak nation now, and every small nation can afford to damn Nigerians now.

Nigerian Armed Forces: The Nigerian Army are not weak by any means... Yup! They are just unsophisticated. And thats why Boko Haram have the upper hand.

If this were a War of attrition were its shoot me I shoot you.. Boko Haram would have been finished since after the first bomb went off.. But this is a war that requires more intel than brute force and it has shown up their obvious weakness. The difficulty of this war isnt lost on us, but if Boko Haram can infiterate our Army, storm their bases severally, drive them out, cart away weapons, burn their jets, have the time to make a video and still carrying out bombings in States where the Military state of emergency is in force, then my brother there is a big problem..

Justcash: 4: FOOTBALL AGE ISSUE: The issue of football age has become a big problem in soccer. However, the way Nigerians trumpet about the cases involving Nigerians makes it to look as if Nigerians are the biggest age cheats in soccer. As soon as a Nigerian age grade team wins a major tournament, Nigerians take to the social media and start tainting the image of the teams by making unverified statements about the true age of the members of the teams. Unfortunately, these allegations, though mostly unverified, are noted by the members of the international community, and it reduces the respect that the teams have brought for the nation.
Recently, the Nigerian Falconets got to the final of the World Cup. Even though they didn't win, Nigerians have done the usual by going online and raising worrisome accusations against the patriots. They do this without realizing that they are shooting themselves on their feet. If foreign clubs had plans to grab them, these false age accusations may hinder their moves or reduce their values. Tomorrow, if the siblings of these critics are refused visa to play in a foreign country, they will blame the green passport forgetting that they are indirectly responsible for their misfortunes.

[b]FootBall Age CheatHahahahahaaaa.. Well, You cant crucify Nigerians for being brutally honest. We can lie to the rest of the world, but we cant lie to ourselves.. grin

How can a Country that wins almost all the junior age grade tournaments in Football fail to ever go past the Semis in the Senior tounaments against virtually the same teams that the beat silly at the junior levels?! undecided Its either we grow at an accelerated age such that we peak super early and start deteriorating fast or.... WE ARE AGE CHEATS!! It was embarassing to hear Taribo Wests coach allege that the nigga was in his late 40's when he played for Milan.. Its Sad to note that Julius Aghahowa had been a Police officer for a considerable period of time before he joined the Super Eagles at age 19 or so.. grin Its horrible to see almost an entire squad disbanded when FIFA surprisingly introduces the MRI test on our squad. I am not really ashamed of this age cheat thing.. It is what it is.. But I also blame the decay in the country. Because if we had proper databases that documented Births and Deaths judiciously, it would be easy for coaches to verify a players age claim. Where the teams all have Affidevits swearing their age as against actual birth certificates, its hard for the coaches and these players are desparate and desparation breeds crime.[/b]

Justcash: Nigerians must be careful about the way they speak and expose Nigeria. Nigeria is for Nigerians. If you kill her, you are killing yourselves. I BELIEVE THAT THE IMAGE OF NIGERIA WILL IMPROVE WHEN NIGERIANS STOP WASHING THEIR DIRTY UNDIES IN PUBLIC.

May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

[b]OP.... lemme summarise;

How can you blame Nigerians for telling the truth about Nigeria?! We are suffering and obviously so.. Are you advocating Hypocrisy?! When Rick Ross came to Nigeria and shot that Video for the song "Hold me Back", Nigerians lost their minds like he was deliberately trying to make us look bad.. I laughed cos wether we admit it or not, He shot that Video in Nigeria. He didnt make up a hollywood set in the U.S and tagged it Nigeria, He actually was in the hood and that was Nigeria. Our sufferings cannot be hidden no matter how we try. Maybe if we talk about it long enough, somebody would finally start listening and take steps to stop the bullshiit. Police are killing unarmed citizens daily and fleeeing from criminals, Politicians are getting fatter and eating a large chunk of our budget and leaving the remaining 160 million plus to battle out for the scraps, Electricity is still epileptic in 2014 and our roads are still way way below par. Our Politics is still run with Guns and weapons and peoples votes dont really count. Our telecoms services which seems to be one of the few good things about us is still not even close to international standards, e.t.c..

Country bad.. Wether we talk am or not, e bad.[/b]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by CocoaOla: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2014
BankuTilapia2: It doesnt take a minute to figure out a mumugerian from other Africans. A bunch of loud mouth madafuckersssss, bragging with nothing to show for apart from their usual giant of Africa and exhibiting their numerous talent such as fraud, ritual murders, arm robberies, grin cheesy cheesy
you this Demon your days are numbered on this web!
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by deeobserver209(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2014
I have seen several foreign comments that argued Niger is more powerful than Nigeria. Some where even calling for Cameroon to invade Nigeria. grin All as a result of what some Nigerians say against their own military.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by CocoaOla: 10:08am On Aug 28, 2014
BankuTilapia2: Number 3 is a big fuckinggggggg lie. Hahaaaaaa mumugerians love to brag. One of the strongest in the world and you couldnt take Bakassi from Cameroun or find the missing girls grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
please come help us Odee!
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Mukano: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2014
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Allohrandy(m): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2014
joelenesleek: just be MUMUING yourself in Public.
you are crazy. na your papa dey mumu himself for public.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by omoredia: 10:16am On Aug 28, 2014
100 banners already done! get urs today! &*()*()

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by dabossman(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2014
milehigh06: @ OP...do ypou know that the internet that you are using today and the freedom you have in Nigeria today was made possible by Nigerian media men who spoke up against the ills under the military junta...and such led to the death of people like Dele Giwa,Ken Saro Wiwa,MKO Abiola,Kudirat Abiola and co and you have the nerve to cpme and insult their spirits with this BS you typed..how do you think Nigeria got to where it is today if not for the fight of those people...do you know how many times Gani went to jail for speaking up against different military Govt.? what of Fela(though to some he was a druggy but he spoke more truth than people like the OP) wow...do you realize what you are saying?

Imagine if none of these people spoke against the ills of the nation then,where do you sincerely think Nigeria would be? try and be honest with yourself....People fought for this nation through the might of the pen...Media houses were bombed,closed and their editors and directors locked up or assassinated for speaking the truth and you lily-livered Nigerian is saying hell no!!! they should have kept quiet too...wow

Don't mind him bro. There are just too many "YES MEN" in this country these days. Things are getting worse and we are just supposed to "siddon" and "look" because we don't want a negative foreign image.

Who cares what foreigners think? I'm more concerned about the future of Nigerian kids. Is this the society we will bequeath them? A country were lawlessness and unruliness reigns. Where corruption is the norm? Image indeed.

Even Sprite got the memo: IMAGE IS NOTHING, THIRST IS EVERYTHING. Nigerians thirst for a functional and better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Amya(f): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2014
GeneralShepherd: We Nigerians love living in self-denial,

Remind me of what happened at the immigration recruitment exercise? How many people died? What does it say about unemployment I'm Nigeria?

How many Nigerians have access to pipe borne water?

We all talking about BOKO HARAM in the aspect of security because they have overshadowed armed robbers and have stolen the headlines. Armed robbers still maim and kill Nigerians everyday!

What of the Nigerian police force? Stray bullets anyone?illegal arrests? Torture?

Mr. Op you can deceive foreigners all you want but that doesn't mean you will lie to yourself.

Nigeria is a fvcked up country

Hope you know saying Nigeria is a fvcked up country does not excuse you from that fvcked-up-ness.

It's like a kid who goes about insulting his father for his perceived ills to the hearing of the neighbor. It'll all fall back on him eventually because he's a product of that man.

When the issues of Nigeria is brought up, always ask yourself these question before you proceed to bring down your own hut.

Am I a Nigerian?
Am I a good guy?
Are there other people out there that are good too?
Your answer to these question will make you hold your tongue whenever you want to go about you critiquing rampage.

If you tell your foriegn friends that Nigeria is a terrible place, he can't help but see you as a terrible person too, Cos no matter how much you try to disassociate your self from Nigeria, you're part of that entity and that's how the whole world will view you. That you can never run away from.

So don't go destroying your hut to prove a point. It's your hut.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Amya(f): 10:32am On Aug 28, 2014
sleekymag: The problem with Nigeria is Nigerians! Most of us are loudmouths. We all want to be heard! Whether communicating ignorantly, or with halftruths, or from a personally biased view, we all want to be heard, and fortunately social media helps our laughable cause. We do not try to be objective, neither do we take the pains, most times, to seek the root cause of things. We are driven by sentiments, our leaders only reflect the kind of people we are, yet we complain abput them without realising we also have to change ourselves from within. Despite all theae i know it is well with Nigeria but we must take steps to becoming better people in the true sense of the word!

tell them bro!
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by kingingkinging: 10:40am On Aug 28, 2014
Blockus:

Lol.. grin

Wether we talk about it or not... The truth is always the truth.. Nigeria is a very very underachieving nation with more negatives than positives.

[b]BOKO HARAM: The Nigerian Government under Obasanjo had known about Boko Haram since as far back as 2005 -06 and were aware that it was a fundamentalist group that had started amassing a following that was slowly and steadily growing. The Government did not take any proactive measures to either infilterate the group or even fund a counter programme against them that didnt involve violence. Next thing, they act up once and we responded with brute force killing their relatively saner leader Mohammed Yusuf extra-judiciously giving his lunatic lietenant Abu Qaqa the opportunity to take the group to the Permanent site.. Now its almost too late to do nothing about them.

Its not Propaganda when we say Boko HAram are bombing people with impuinity in Nigeria and that the armed forces are powerless against them: ABi have you forgotten the Madala bombing, the Bus Park bombing, the Police HQ bombing, ThisDay House Bombing, The United Nations Building Bombing, the Churches that were bombed, the Polytechnic butchering, Independence day bombing, e.t.c... Now how much more out of proportion can we blow Boko Haram?! If Boko Haram could have such freedom to operate in Brono even with the State of Emergency in place, can you blame Nigerians for peddling unconfirmed stories?! Havent Boko Haram earned the status they currently have?!

OKAY... Lemme take you even a tep further: The Nigerian Media Houses have also showen how incompetent, bias and unreliable they can be for news. DO you still remember the CHIBOK GIRLS?! When last did any Media house carry any developing story on this case?! DO you remember how they all started reporting the case halfassedly when it happened?! Whilst the pro-government media houses where spinning the news of the kidnap to be untrue, the pro-opposition papers were spinning their own.. Infact, it took CNN and BBC journalist to come into Nigeria and visit Chibok for Nigerians to have a look at what the Chibok community actually looked like and to see the school from where the Girls were taken.. It also took Isha Sesay to get the Government to actually talk on the matter of the Girls. Compare the questions asked to the President and Laraban Maku by Isha Sesay of CNN to those asked to same people by Channels TV..

With regards to Boko Haram, Foreign media houses have more information on the group than local media houses. America Knows.. lol [/b]

[b]EBOLA:: Its very obvious from the Ebola outbreak the poisition the world sees Nigeria to occupy in relation to Africa. We are the Giants of Africa.. If we have an Ebola Problem, then the World potentially has an Ebola Problem. Its like if South Africa has an Ebola Problem, the world would also sit up. It took Ebola entering Nigeria for the world to finally pay serious attention to it and finally release a drug that they had been developing for over 10 years for trials.

Now you cant blame Nigerians for blowing the Ebola outbreak to the heights it reached.. Remember that; Our Healthcare system in Nigeria is shiit, the Doctors were on strike, our Government is highly unreliable and the Fhucking virus has no cure. Also, the disease did not attack the poor and rural dwellers like it did in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone but rather the middle to upper class Nigerians who were more exposed and thus the outbreak couldnt be downplayed like we did that of Dengue fever. Ofcourse we were bound to Panic and rightly so.. That Panic has led to people paying greater attention to hygiene, their surroundings and taking maximum precaution which has led to a limited spread of the disease.. That people get quarantined is an acceptable harzard to me.

Its not based on what we say, Nigerians are all over the world and keep moving so the world cant turn a blind eye to us in a situation like an Ebola outbreak.[/b]

Nigerian Armed Forces: The Nigerian Army are not weak by any means... Yup! They are just unsophisticated. And thats why Boko Haram have the upper hand.

If this were a War of attrition were its shoot me I shoot you.. Boko Haram would have been finished since after the first bomb went off.. But this is a war that requires more intel than brute force and it has shown up their obvious weakness. The difficulty of this war isnt lost on us, but if Boko Haram can infiterate our Army, storm their bases severally, drive them out, cart away weapons, burn their jets, have the time to make a video and still carrying out bombings in States where the Military state of emergency is in force, then my brother there is a big problem..

[b]FootBall Age CheatHahahahahaaaa.. Well, You cant crucify Nigerians for being brutally honest. We can lie to the rest of the world, but we cant lie to ourselves.. grin

How can a Country that wins almost all the junior age grade tournaments in Football fail to ever go past the Semis in the Senior tounaments against virtually the same teams that the beat silly at the junior levels?! undecided Its either we grow at an accelerated age such that we peak super early and start deteriorating fast or.... WE ARE AGE CHEATS!! It was embarassing to hear Taribo Wests coach allege that the nigga was in his late 40's when he played for Milan.. Its Sad to note that Julius Aghahowa had been a Police officer for a considerable period of time before he joined the Super Eagles at age 19 or so.. grin Its horrible to see almost an entire squad disbanded when FIFA surprisingly introduces the MRI test on our squad. I am not really ashamed of this age cheat thing.. It is what it is.. But I also blame the decay in the country. Because if we had proper databases that documented Births and Deaths judiciously, it would be easy for coaches to verify a players age claim. Where the teams all have Affidevits swearing their age as against actual birth certificates, its hard for the coaches and these players are desparate and desparation breeds crime.[/b]

[b]OP.... lemme summarise;

How can you blame Nigerians for telling the truth about Nigeria?! We are suffering and obviously so.. Are you advocating Hypocrisy?! When Rick Ross came to Nigeria and shot that Video for the song "Hold me Back", Nigerians lost their minds like he was deliberately trying to make us look bad.. I laughed cos wether we admit it or not, He shot that Video in Nigeria. He didnt make up a hollywood set in the U.S and tagged it Nigeria, He actually was in the hood and that was Nigeria. Our sufferings cannot be hidden no matter how we try. Maybe if we talk about it long enough, somebody would finally start listening and take steps to stop the bullshiit. Police are killing unarmed citizens daily and fleeeing from criminals, Politicians are getting fatter and eating a large chunk of our budget and leaving the remaining 160 million plus to battle out for the scraps, Electricity is still epileptic in 2014 and our roads are still way way below par. Our Politics is still run with Guns and weapons and peoples votes dont really count. Our telecoms services which seems to be one of the few good things about us is still not even close to international standards, e.t.c..

Country bad.. Wether we talk am or not, e bad.[/b]

Thank you bro.

You said more than I thought I could have said.
What image does Nigeria have out there any more.

Ritual killing everyday, joblessness, insecurity, bad road, alms begging on the road, no water, epileptic power supply, etc Which one is not true there?

We like lies more than the truth.

A friend told me of her experience in Ivory Coast recently. She spent a month there and there was no case of power outage. So, who is denting Nigeria's image? Our leaders or the led. Our leaders that have embezzled trillions in the name of providing power and we cannot see it. The last time Nigeria built a refinery was 1984-30 years ago, no water, job, security, shelter, etc for a common man.

Pitiable situation....

2 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Arosa(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2014
I think most Nigerians need psychological therapy cos. I see disillusioned people everywhere. Nigerians should learn to be constructive in their criticism of their leaders and country. Over-exaggeration of our problems will do us no good.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2014
Nigeria's bad image is caused by the corrupt and incompetent government and the intellectually re-tarded masses of the electorate who prefer political bribes and tribal bigotry in elections to electing credible and incorruptible leaders since 1960 to date. And the bad image of Nigeria is caused by the mess they have made.

3 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Daviddoma(m): 10:58am On Aug 28, 2014
Allohrandy: Nigerian image was destroyed by GEJ and his pdp members. our army which used to be the strongest in Africa are now bunch of lazy girls who run from boko haram due to bad leadership. we need a strong leader in Nigeria
u re among those he is writin dis.bt instead of given it gud image bt u tend 2 creat more.y?. Do u really understand english?

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Daviddoma(m): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2014
Allohrandy: Nigerian image was destroyed by GEJ and his pdp members. our army which used to be the strongest in Africa are now bunch of lazy girls who run from boko haram due to bad leadership. we need a strong leader in Nigeria
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by ilenaira: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2014
@OP, let me summarise it for you like this, if all the mud being flung at our beloved Nigeria were based on lies, none it would stick.
I'm not surprised at the unconscionable psychopathic megalomaniac bastar.ds in positions of power in Nigeria, but deluded false patriots like you, never fail to make me laugh in wonderment. Kapische?
wink

2 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by severee(m): 11:37am On Aug 28, 2014
grin @op how dare you insult our rich "gbegboru" tradition passed down by our fore-fathers
Nice one sha
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Manty(m): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
U are a dumb fellow, u qoted all d story just to write dis rubbish. How is it GEJs fault, people like u are those d writter was refering to cos u lack common sense
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
As much as i agree with the OP's summary that we shouldn't wash our linen in public,I'll like to state that some Nigerians have a hard time painting false pictures;especially when the ones concerned,in the face of complaints refuse to bat an eyelash.
For example,it took the president several weeks to visit Chibok.It was also alleged that he danced azonto at a political rally when under normal circumstance he should have either postponed or cancelled the trip.Look at Stella Oduah's case,she was relieved of her duty-fine.But has anything thing come out of the probe?The honourable minister of Petroleum has "overseen" the sacked of 3 NNPC GMD in 4 years.What has happened to her probe too?
Look the Immigration job interview saga;what happened to the report?The house of assembly passed a resolution that application money should be returned.For those that applied,have your monies been returned?
We complain about unemployment in the country-it's world wide.I ask this question-have we really done our best to reduce unemployment?I'm sure i'm not the only one who knows the importance of power in nation-building.The equation is simple-fix power and all other things shall be added unto you.Yet,they make it look like rocket science.I know a man who lost his job in a factory cos it folded up due to high running cost-the man now teaches music.Dunlop left Nigeria in slightly similar fashion.Tons of money have been voted in times past to fix the power sector-have we seen a turnaround commensurate with the monies voted?
I was privileged to be in the state soccer team during my NYSC days.A team mate told me of how he was shunned by a coach in Abuja cos of his age.He told me he went for trials for the U-20 national team and this conversation(an excerpt)ensued;
Coach:How old are you
Player:18+
Coach:Go away;it's not your time yet.These ones you're seeing here are not your mate

In the face of all these,how many Nigerians would calmly talk about their Nation.Let us not forget that criticism of leaders is everywhere in the world.Take for example,Barrack Obeezy grin was given knocks by a section of Americans cos he decided he was going on Vacation cheesy.A British prime minister(can't remember which) was lashed at by the public for toying with his tablet instead of attending to state matters.
Until we return to a point where our confidence in Nigeria as a nation is high,i fear we'lld continue on a downward slide.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Stomach infrastructure tinz...smh
Orikinla: Nigeria's bad image is caused by the corrupt and incompetent government and the intellectually re-tarded masses of the electorate who prefer political bribes and tribal bigotry in elections to electing credible and incorruptible leaders since 1960 to date. And the bad image of Nigeria is caused by the mess they have made.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Manty(m): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
D media are d worst of dem all, d likes of TVC owned by APC chietain. Dey don't see anything good about nigeria govt and most of their Programmes and analysis are propaganda and lies
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by maasoap(m): 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
milehigh06: @ OP...do ypou know that the internet that you are using today and the freedom you have in Nigeria today was made possible by Nigerian media men who spoke up against the ills under the military junta...and such led to the death of people like Dele Giwa,Ken Saro Wiwa,MKO Abiola,Kudirat Abiola and co and you have the nerve to cpme and insult their spirits with this BS you typed..how do you think Nigeria got to where it is today if not for the fight of those people...do you know how many times Gani went to jail for speaking up against different military Govt.? what of Fela(though to some he was a druggy but he spoke more truth than people like the OP) wow...do you realize what you are saying?

Imagine if none of these people spoke against the ills of the nation then,where do you sincerely think Nigeria would be? try and be honest with yourself....People fought for this nation through the might of the pen...Media houses were bombed,closed and their editors and directors locked up or assassinated for speaking the truth and you lily-livered Nigerian is saying hell no!!! they should have kept quiet too...wow
The guy is a complete mooron.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by gatiano(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
what is black?
eunisam: yes Nigerians play a big role in painting Nigeria black. It seem to me that 90% of nairalander comment negatively on matters concernining Nigeria.that made me change my signature to e no concern me.e no concern me truely if you hate Nigeria that much.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by estherdennis(f): 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
is only a fool that will still apportion blames after reading this,I think ur types re really our problem in this country.if this GEJ is ur father now I don't think you will see anything wrong with his wAy.pls try and work harder in ur life and stop blaming others for ur failure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bayelsa Governorship: Heavy Shooting In Oporoma / Emir Of Daura Honours Orji Kalu With Highest Title In Buhari's Village (Photos) / Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.