Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt (26321 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Treating America's First Ebola Patients / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by chimerase2: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Pangea: Are these diplomats mad or just stupid?
That man must be arrested for attempted genocide!
If he survives it,

Make una help us tell Chukwu to bring out the 1.9 billion to set up ebola research centre and arrange the building of isolation centres in every local government area in Nigeria o!
wahala dey, make dey fin no just come PH undecided
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by iiiyyyk(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
What
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Firefire(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
KOMBE: believe this story and you can believe anything

I am one of the few that screamed lies to every caricature against our nation. So, I can easily detect lies when I see one… my task
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by mbulela: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
eaglechild: No doctor with such a successful private practice in a place like PH will risk his life and that of his family, as well as his license to do such.
Sahara reporters is given to twisting stories to make it more sensational and palatable.

So now the minister has confirmed it, who is looking stupid?

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
Shoooo.. My Lapy and BB playbook dey that same D'Line oh!
Chai!
Abeg make den hol am. God go provide money for another one joor
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by NosaHenry(m): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
This diplomat must be another mad man. I am not sure the doctor is aware of the status of the patient, otherwise he would have protected himself and that of his family. This means the Health Minister was not fully on top of the ebola index case as he has been claiming.

This is another cycle of ebola issue in Nigeria, may God help us.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by mbulela: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
When will they name this diplomat?
The same way those who went to seek the discharge of Sawyer at the hospital remain unnamed.
We need to name these terrorists and ask their embassies to deport them within 24hrs or have their diplomatic immunity withdrawn.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Guidette(f): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
PapaBrowne: This story is suspicious. First it is only reported by online media houses, Saharareporters and Premiumtimes and secondly which foolish doctor would treat a patient in a hotel?? Naturally the Hotel authorities would have long reported the case, if the doctor was reluctant to. This story smacks of so much falsehood and it has no concrete sources

Somebody is not happy with the fact that Nigeria has effectively managed the syndrome. The same people who celebrate when bombs go off are the same people promoting this news. These same people are enemies of Nigeria and Sahara Reporters is usually thier tool of choice.
Did you notice how the bombings in the country stopped immediately Ebola came to Nigeria?

Then why don't u go down to PH and investigate yourself. Mtschewww

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by jossy404: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Abeg wetin be the name of the hotel and the hospital?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
NosaHenry: This diplomat must be another mad man. I am not sure the doctor is aware of the status of the patient, otherwise he would have protected himself and that of his family. This means the Health Minister was not fully on top of the ebola index case as he has been claiming.

This is another cycle of ebola issue in Nigeria, may God help us.

And this is what scares me about all this.

If the so called educated professionals are the ones dying left and right, doctors, nurses, diplomats, what hope does the average person have if this truly explodes.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phantom(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
very true. I personally know the doctor involved.its sad.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by pigin: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
phantom: very true. I personally know the doctor involved.its sad.
present yourself for quarantine immediately.

4 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
pigin: present yourself for quarantine immediately.

That's the problem.

He shouldn't present himself but should be picked up by a special team .
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by funkyfella: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by funkyfella: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
PapaBrowne: This story is suspicious. First it is only reported by online media houses, Saharareporters and Premiumtimes and secondly which foolish doctor would treat a patient in a hotel?? Naturally the Hotel authorities would have long reported the case, if the doctor was reluctant to. This story smacks of so much falsehood and it has no concrete sources

Somebody is not happy with the fact that Nigeria has effectively managed the syndrome. The same people who celebrate when bombs go off are the same people promoting this news. These same people are enemies of Nigeria and Sahara Reporters is usually thier tool of choice.
Did you notice how the bombings in the country stopped immediately Ebola came to Nigeria?

Hope this makes you calmer...... http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28966258

2 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by shinysmrt: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
The Good heart hospital is where the Doctor ...Ikechukwu Sam Enemuo..was rushed to after he took ill with symptoms of Ebola. He was said to have operated on a woman on Monday presumably after secretly treating the diplomat. Fell ill next day Tuesday and died last Friday. No one knew about this hotel angle which was a very big risk he took...and unethical thing to do.. He was ill for 3 days...then started vomiting blood with bloody diarrhoea. He was rushed to Prime...where he was rejected and then taken to Good heart whose MD is a Cardiologist ..a consultant physician with UPTH. He died there. Good heart is on EVO road in GRA ph2 THE Doctor that died practices in East West Road Rumuokoro...Sam Steel clinic. The wife also a Doctor has a 3-month old baby. There may have been well over 200 contacts of this devilish diplomat who lured his young Doctor friend to treat him secretly and went back to Lagos. I hear he has eventually submitted himself for Ebola check in a bid to get a clearance certificate to fly out..he tested positive and is now quarantined in lagos..It's quite a calamity unfolding in Ph. Unfortunately Ph health facilities are not quite ready to contain Ebola at the moment. There are American experts and federal and WHO health workers in town however training Drs and other healthworkers and helping out with contact tracing etc .
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Hourglass4real: 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
itstpia1: what about the people who had contact with him in port harcourt.

the medical team, the hotel staff, etc.
That's also my worry,the hotel staff,their friends nd family members.What mode of transport took him 2 PH? If flight,who did he sit close to during that flight? Wht of d cab driver that took him to the hotel because its obvious he knew he was sick before sneaking out of Lag.

Na wa o...I pray PH can handle this...
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phantom(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
pigin: present yourself for quarantine immediately.

ignorance! i personally know the doctor does not mean,i hugged him and shared his lunch with one spoon... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Hegeria: 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2014

Because there have been no bombs for two months does not mean bombing has stopped.
Psalm 91 says no plaque shall come nigh thee. Even the person who will collect it and pass it to you, will not collect it in Jesus name. Amen. The word of God is our chief hope in times of trouble. Have faith in God.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Forwetinnah: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
omenka: Which pdp states if I may ask?

Really? Smh
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by omenka(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Really? Smh
Shame on you. You just realised how ignorant you are I guess. gringrin. Why don't you state the PDP states you are refering to for all to see?? grin
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by feldido(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ain't going back to Port Harcourt, the foolish Doctor happens to be my neighbor... sad
Which kind life be dis?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phantom(m): 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
feldido: Ain't going back to Port Harcourt, the foolish Doctor happens to be my neighbor... sad
Which kind life be dis?

lemme guess,you live at chief joe okoye? or at rumuokoro?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by feldido(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
phantom:

lemme guess,you live at chief joe okoye? or at rumuokoro?
Ojiba crescent, next street
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phantom(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
feldido:
Ojiba crescent, next street

na wa o! small world. the wife has been quarantined. i dont know about the baby.
i hear his relations and the wifes mother are all at that house. i hope theyve all been quarantined.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by jpphilips(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
Doctor wan get favor from Diplomat come kill himself join, I was even blaming the health minister for his laxity before Sawyer struck, little did I know that most Nigerian doctors are Ignorant. cry cry
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by feldido(m): 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
I fear for my family right now. God help us
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phantom(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
jpphilips: Doctor wan get favor from Diplomat come kill himself join, I was even blaming the health minister for his laxity before Sawyer struck, little did I know that most Nigerian doctors are Ignorant. cry cry

it appears the doctor knew the diplomat and the doctor had no idea it was ebola. was probablt treating the diplomat for malaria.
that appears to be the only explanation
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Forwetinnah: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
omenka: Shame on you. You just realised how ignorant you are I guess. gringrin. Why don't you state the PDP states you are refering to for all to see?? grin

Stop exhibiting your stupidity in all its glory. Just because some cases have not been reported in some states doesn't mean the scourge is only in APC states. Did you know there was a diplomat being treated in a hotel in PH before it was reported? The cases we know of so far are the ones reported. . Egbere, since you want to politicise the issue, why don't you ask yourself why APC states are very quick to announce they have victims in their states?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by babestell(f): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
Is Enugu a PDP or APC state?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Forwetinnah: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
babestell: Is Enugu a PDP or APC state?

No mind that APC hogwash...they're very quick to politicise issues
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by omenka(m): 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
Forwetinnah:

Stop exhibiting your stupidity in all its glory. Just because some cases have not been reported in some states doesn't mean the scourge is only in APC states. Did you know there was a diplomat being treated in a hotel in PH before it was reported? The cases we know of so far are the ones reported. . Egbere, since you want to politicise the issue, why don't you ask yourself why APC states are very quick to announce they have victims in their states?
Lmao!! grin

And the dunce had to go to my timeline and steal my line!! cheesycheesy

Oga you have no case. Next time look before you leap so you don't make a mockery of common sense.

Cheers.cheesy

Ps: when you quote, learn to refer so you don't get accused of plagiarism.smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3-Year-Old Girl Falls Into Pan Of Boiling Oil In Maiduguri, Suffers Burns (Pics) / Doctors’ Strike Cripples Hospitals Nationwide / Dr. Umoh Michael did not work for 72 hours - LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.