Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt (26341 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Treating America's First Ebola Patients / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 28, 2014
pigin: yea, Nigerians with
unconfirmed report,,,
commissioner of Health
samson parker!! just
cleared the air in his
words " No case of Ebola in
port Harcourt"
tx pigin for ds info, some pp no go read comment, dem go just type anything blindly. ...for goodness sake, ao can a doc treat a patient in HOTEL, haba and pp just chop ds lie chap chap, now I know dt nigerians are gullible and can believe anything anyhow.....

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Sarimah(f): 8:42am On Aug 28, 2014
pigin: yea, Nigerians with
unconfirmed report,,,
commissioner of Health
samson parker!! just
cleared the air in his
words " No case of Ebola in
port Harcourt"
I jst pray so ooh
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Okudiover(m): 8:45am On Aug 28, 2014
grin grin grin grin What about the 22 quarantined at Enugu? They still dey zoo? Abi one of them carry Rivers State Transport enter Pitakwa?
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:45am On Aug 28, 2014
Jclement: one word 4 u...#JOBLESS
two word for u.....JEALOUSY and ENEMY
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Ekundayo7: 8:47am On Aug 28, 2014
But wait! You mean they might not get to chop that "ebola money" after all? If not a rumor, it would serve these fools right to have to stick to THE PLAN and ensure that ebola does not take root in Nigeria, either through lax border control OR lax internal measures. INVEST IN HEALTH CARE AND SUPPLIES-NOT CARS, YOU BLOODY FOOLS...

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 8:51am On Aug 28, 2014
Okudiover: grin grin grin grin What about the 22 quarantined at Enugu? They still dey zoo? Abi one of them carry Rivers State Transport enter Pitakwa?

Honorary R3tard of the day!
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Okudiover(m): 8:54am On Aug 28, 2014
phreakabit:

Honorary R3tard of the day!

Your Father! grin grin grin grin
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by deavicky(m): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2014
Ebola in PH it is wa. Thank God I just travelled to lagos. Let rest here after all the medicine dey here
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by eunisam: 9:02am On Aug 28, 2014
they is no ebola in Revers fullstop
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Pvin: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2014
I smell politics in this. PH wants to get a share of 1.9b naira.
In Asari's voice # Ebola dead victim in PH is a scam#
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by mbulela: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2014
If true,the diplomat mist be named and returned to his country. His diplomatic immunity must be stripped immediately so that if he remains here,he can be sued.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by duni04(m): 9:03am On Aug 28, 2014
deavicky: Ebola in PH it is wa. Thank God I just travelled to lagos. Let rest here after all the medicine dey here
We need to put this guy under quarantine grin
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Janetozi(f): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2014
Dibiachukwu: Everybody wants to go to heaven. But nobody wants to die. Is it that christains don't really believe their holy book again? Earth sucks for now. Oya Christians, white Jesus Christ (Cesar burger) is calling you to heaven.

Ebola is only quickening the process to eternal life with white Jesus.
you are very stupid, if u have nothing reasonable to comment, u should have just view the threat and leave instead of commenting nonsense.

You that believe in "black devil" (i guess) aren't you going to die or are u immortal?

The bible said in genesis 6:3 "and the lord said, my spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he he also is flesh: yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty yrs" so, i don't think there is any christain in this Nl upto that age.

Untimely death is for sinners &unbelievers like u according to the book of Isaiah.

U should be compelled to drink acid for making a senseless comment like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phantom(m): 9:05am On Aug 28, 2014
PapaBrowne: This story is suspicious. First it is only reported by online media houses, Saharareporters and Premiumtimes and secondly which foolish doctor would treat a patient in a hotel?? Naturally the Hotel authorities would have long reported the case, if the doctor was reluctant to. This story smacks of so much falsehood and it has no concrete sources

Somebody is not happy with the fact that Nigeria has effectively managed the syndrome. The same people who celebrate when bombs go off are the same people promoting this news. These same people are enemies of Nigeria and Sahara Reporters is usually thier tool of choice.
Did you notice how the bombings in the country stopped immediately Ebola came to Nigeria?
.......and there was a poster called papabrowne.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2014
megaf1: tx pigin for ds info, some pp no go read comment, dem go just type anything blindly. ...for goodness sake, ao can a doc treat a patient in HOTEL, haba and pp just chop ds lie chap chap, now I know dt nigerians are gullible and can believe anything anyhow.....

Remember the initial victim is a diplomat and staying in a hotel to carry out his business is understandable. Let assume he fell ill in the hotel and a doctor was called in to treat him before being evacuated to the doctor's clinic. You know how it is with this "big" men. Some even get personal physician that check their heart rate/ temperature at their home before the go out for their various engagements.

We should be praying this become a hoax but doubting the veracity of a situation is not advisable. The government of Rivers state might secretly be handling and containing it to avoid public panic.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Leopantro: 9:17am On Aug 28, 2014
1. The doctors name is Dr Ike

2. He is already dead

3. His lab result came back positive

4. His wife just put to bed a few days before he got sick

5. He didn't suspect it was Ebola until his friend, was is a consultant in UPTH told him to just screen for it.

5. Consultants CAN treat someone in their houses or hotels for privacy, if the pay is very good.

6. both the hospital and the hotel has been shut down

3 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2014
Dibiachukwu: Everybody wants to go to heaven. But nobody wants to die. Is it that christains don't really believe their holy book again? Earth sucks for now. Oya Christians, white Jesus Christ (Cesar burger) is calling you to heaven.

Ebola is only quickening the process to eternal life with white Jesus.

May God deliver you from the clutches of the devil.

You are save in JESUS name.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by eaglechild: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2014
No doctor with such a successful private practice in a place like PH will risk his life and that of his family, as well as his license to do such.
Sahara reporters is given to twisting stories to make it more sensational and palatable.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by ElFenomeno1: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2014
itstpia1: what about the people who had contact with him in port harcourt.

the medical team, the hotel staff, etc.

Fu...cking idio....t if you read well up there, you will see that 70 people were reported to have been quanrantined as a result.

Fu....cking dunderhead!

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Dibiachukwu: 9:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Dibiachukwu: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2014
SeaGold:

May God deliver you from the clutches of the devil.

You are save in JESUS name.
Lol
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Leopantro: 9:36am On Aug 28, 2014
eaglechild: No doctor with such a successful private practice in a place like PH will risk his life and that of his family, as well as his license to do such.
Sahara reporters is given to twisting stories to make it more sensational and palatable.

I'm sorry but it IS true. just called an SR in surgery in UPTH. The wife of the doctor that died is an SR and is currently sick. got the name of the hospital where the dr was admitted and the name of the hotel.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Wendy80(f): 9:39am On Aug 28, 2014
Leopantro:

I'm sorry but it IS true. just called an SR in surgery in UPTH. The wife of the doctor that died is an SR and is currently sick. got the name of the hospital where the dr was admitted and the name of the hotel.

Pls what's d name of hospital and hotel. I was told d hospital is in Dline.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Emekamex(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2014
The problem with Nigeria is that we are never serious to tackle problems, even when it is desperately needed. If this story is true btw, why would they allow the diplomat to travel to Rivers? Did he bribe his way through? Or do our government just don't care? If this story is confirmed, then we have a dire situation at our hands because rivers state don't have the capability to contain ebola at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by fajani(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2014
greediness ruin the world.. The love of money is the beginning of all evil. I hate money with passion. I don't know why some people will choose a destructive life because of richness that won't last long.. The blessing of God makes one rich. Some educated doctors lack Wisdom knowledge and Understanding... look at what he has cause because he want to get rich and die trying.....
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2014
Leopantro:

If this really is true, then it's really a sad situation. The said diplomat is no better than Patric Sawyer who is labelled a medical terrorist.

He is a selfish SOB for not giving himself up for tests in Lagos but why wasn't he mentioned by the other diplomat that was quarantined(and subsequently died)? I guess it's still a result of a flawed system I just hope there will be no more 'run-away' contacts.
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Leopantro: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2014
Wendy80:

Pls what's d name of hospital and hotel. I was told d hospital is in Dline.

The doctor died last week Friday and the preliminary result yesterday tested positive for EVD.

not telling you so as not to cause mass panic. just go to the hospital, if it is shut down then you would know it's that hospital

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by fajani(m): 9:53am On Aug 28, 2014
megaf1: tx pigin for ds info, some pp no go read comment, dem go just type anything blindly. ...for goodness sake, ao can a doc treat a patient in HOTEL, haba and pp just chop ds lie chap chap, now I know dt nigerians are gullible and can believe anything anyhow.....
such is not the case. We talking about money you talking nonsense. One can do anything because of money...
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by MrDoGood(m): 9:57am On Aug 28, 2014
Firefire:

Their baptismal name LIE grin
you're the godfather i guess grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Emekamex(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2014
The imbecilic health minister should stop boasting in the media that Nigeria has only one case. The news has been confirmed and the likelihood of fast spread of the disease, since the diplomat that initially contracted the virus has been moving freely for the past two months.

1 Like

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by Leopantro: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
fajani: greediness ruin the world.. The love of money is the beginning of all evil. I hate money with passion. I don't know why some people will choose a destructive life because of richness that won't last long.. The blessing of God makes one rich. Some educated doctors lack Wisdom knowledge and Understanding... look at what he has cause because he want to get rich and die trying.....

it's not that the diplomat had EBOLA written on his forehead. A rich man calls you on the phone saying that he is sick and ready to pay ANY PRICE you name for you to treat him but you must treat him at his house or hotel. the doctor asks " have you travelled recently" the reply " No". have you come in contact with anyone with suspected ebola "No, stop insulting me by asking such questions and do your job. after all, I'm paying you". considering that tests to confirm ebola is only done in lagos or Edo state, you can't say " wait, let me send these samples to those states while you stay untreated".

my only fear is the number of persons that visited the diplomat and the doctor at home to see the baby as well as the hotel staff that catered to the diplomat.

imagine the above conversation in a government hospital now that the strike has been called off.

3 Likes

Re: River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
Leopantro:

it's not that the diplomat had EBOLA written on his forehead. A rich man calls you on the phone saying that he is sick and ready to pay ANY PRICE you name for you to treat him but you must treat him at his house or hotel. the doctor asks " have you travelled recently" the reply " No". have you come in contact with anyone with suspected ebola "No, stop insulting me by asking such questions and do your job. after all, I'm paying you". considering that tests to confirm ebola is only done in lagos or Edo state, you can't say " wait, let me send these samples to those states while you stay untreated".

my only fear is the number of persons that visited the diplomat and the doctor at home to see the baby as well as the hotel staff that catered to the diplomat.

imagine the above conversation in a government hospital now that the strike has been called off.

Just worried about that too. Hope there's a register of all the doctors clients within the period and now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) / Man Jumps Into Lokoja River Over Economic Hardship — Police / How Mango, Banana, Plantain Cause Terminal Illnesses – Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.