Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. (13412 Views)

Nollywood Stars Pay Tributes To Bunor / Uche Jombo, Mike Ezuruonye & Others Pour In Tributes For Muna Obiekwe / Photos From A Night Of Tribute For Dora Akunyili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by bamvik(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2014
D labour of our heroes past wil neva be in vain! U brought sanity to Nafdac. Rip prof Dora Akunyili
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by ikharia91(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Rest in peace d Amazon of our generation.Adieu d great Iroko of Anambra...Nigeria nd indeed d entire world misses u.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by omogidi234(m): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
allanphash7: Obinrin bi Okunrin. Am so sure all ur ibo brothers that you dealt with will be rejoice in your death. ibo with fake things. and they want to rule dis country so dat they can start producing fake human being at their backyard

Bros everybody across the ethnic line likes Dora. Please allow this thread for tribute to her. I am not Igbo though.

Many thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by duncan511: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
RIP
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by paulchucks: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
dora may you rest in perfect peace I want to advice the youths of this great country to take her as their role model instead of those useless entertainer like maheeda and co
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Though earth has lost a rare gem....bt im certain heaven is rejoicing over ur blessed soul ma'am.....
I might never had had d chance to meet wit u while on earth bt do well 2 rest in d Lord's bossom til we meet to part no more.. ADIEU!!! #Sad#
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Dahkogrin007(m): 10:11am On Aug 28, 2014
Evathyst: Misunderstood? By who? It seems u'r yet to come to terms with d reality of her personality else u want be idolising her lyk u jst did. She was jst one of many Naija politicians who wore d facade of strictness bt beneath lies thr tru nature; desperation.

Last bullet: Ain't saying she wasn't gud, bt she doesn't deserve dt eulogy u'r giving her.

#Patiently waiting to be bashed#

4 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by vascey(m): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2014
For a long time she was the only Nigerian public figure I could look up to.

She was truly a shining star and a point of light for many.

She will never be forgotten.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by vickiechi: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2014
Prof Dora Akunyili was a true definition of a rare Gem, the most outstanding public servant in my time. I didnt know NAFDAC had a responsibility until she came on board. Dora is one of the reasons I believe in Nigeria, a woman that fought not just criminals but her own brothers, she stood her grounds, no compromise, I must do my job right.

Nigeria first was always her response. This how it should be done, she always sang. Little wonder she raised 6 outstanding professionals. Dora can never die, she lives in my heart and many other hearts.

Who wouldn't enjoy a life like Doras, she received so much love from so many people. Her labour was not in vain and she saw it b4 bowing out. Thank you Dr Chike for allowing your wife serve us, thanks to her children for sharing their mum with us. She was Mummy to all of us cos she was willing to give her life to save us. I am not sure I can do that, I don't know people who will do that. I pray God to give me and many other Nigerians your kind of courage.

And again, Thanks for appearing at the National Conference, only someone and a people who understands and appreciates the vanity of life will do that. You were not ashamed though frail, I cried all night till the day I heard you voice, it was Doras voice, this is my DNA I said, she's back and better, I prayed for you, we all prayed and God answered and saved your soul.

Sleep DNA, we will see you in the morning.

5 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by SirBigH: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2014
Nkem Dora AKUNYILI: A RARE GEM

Oh death! Why are thou so cruel?
A virtuous soul you captured without mercy
They say you are blind but I doubt
Cos' you steal without warning those we need most
As mortals, we know we are in debt to host you someday
But, must you strike at your own time?

In our voyage, some of us chose the path of avarice
Some others opted for the coverage of selflessness
Mrs. Akunyili made the most of her opportunities
Service! Service!! Service!!! Was her calling
Heaven can attest she did it well without fear or favour
Oh death! Why hast thou walked stealthily to take a fine soul?

We could cry a lake, we could cry a river
The living must assure the Akunyili's to take the pains to calm their liver
Yesterday, it was the Emir of Kano; a good man
Death! Your disservice to humanity is a rude reminder that
Everyday we live, undiluted sincerity should we continue to give
Materialism is temporal; goodness is permanent

Life's but a journey
Life's but an adventure
Life's but service to fellow humans
Life's but sacrifices to liberate the down trodden
Life's but only a privilege

Forever in our hearts Mrs. AKUNYILI, Dora Nkem

Rest well.....

We love you!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by kingsleyMbang(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2014
shocked shocked Prof.Dora is among d few People on earth I admire and hav deep regards for. She has contributed immensely 2 the growth and stability of ths country. But not for her,GEJ would nt hv been sworned-in as d president of country aftr d death of Yar'adua. may God remembers hes @resurrection. o: o:

3 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Paradise163(f): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2014
Ada nnem enwere m otutu Ihe ikwe mana amaghim ebem ga ebido ebido

Ndi Agulu ji emume iri ji ohu echeta GI

nne m, ezi nwanyi e mere nke oma

Anyi aghaghi echezo gi

ka chi fo ezi Nnem

3 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by TeemahFashion(f): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2014
R.I.P ma'am. You are really a rare gem Mrs Dora Akunyili Nigeria. You are indeed a role model
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by sholay2011(m): 10:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Hmmm...RIP...a woman of virtue.

Keep resting in the bossom of the Lord till we meet again. cry

cry sad
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by iGeneral: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Aunty Dora, the woman that attempted to stop us from calling Nigeria 'Naija'
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Canadidacy(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2014
I don't know why good people die early. How I wish your death could be swapped with any one of those bad eggs troubling this country.

1 Like

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by SirBigH: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2014
Scam alert. @ customadeboye is fake. Patronize him at your own risk. Dude, try another system, this one is obsolete. And please don't forget to look for a decent job.

1 Like

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Gboliwe: 10:40am On Aug 28, 2014
Great woman with a strong heart. A rare Nigerian with no blemish, we miss you. Rest in perfect peace
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by yousee(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2014
Evathyst: Misunderstood? By who? It seems u'r yet to come to terms with d reality of her personality else u want be idolising her lyk u jst did. She was jst one of many Naija politicians who wore d facade of strictness bt beneath lies thr tru nature; desperation.

Last bullet: Ain't saying she wasn't gud, bt she doesn't deserve dt eulogy u'r giving her.

Like I said earlier, people of limited vision always oppose change.

3 Likes

Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by snazzylove: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2014
A true woman!
Despite her position, achievements, fame, politcal and monetary power she remained a WOMAN, WIFE and MOTHER to her husband and kids.
I pray the women of our generation learns a lot from this great AMAZON, who is a true symbol of HUMILITY, despite being greatly empowered.

Adieu Nneoma!
Adieu our Priceless Jewel!!
Adieu my Beloved role model!!!
Adieu the beginning of life (DNA)

We love and miss you dearly, but God loves you more.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Ezedon(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2014
Dr Dora, you really left an indelible footprint in this country and the world as a whole, enhance the saying' whatever man can do women can do it better' this alone can be used to eradicate women discrimination in this generation. May God be with u till we meet to part no more, your legacy'll always speak for you
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by didi79(f): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2014
REST IN PEACE PROF.MRS. DORA AKUNYILI, The woman for fought her against fake drugs, even when her fellow igbo brothers were swamped into the business. she stood for what was right. Only a few of have the courage to fight for the truth. God grant your soul eternal rest. cry
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by clefstone(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2014
may God rest your soul Mrs Akunyili. I always loved your smile
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by continentalceo(m): 10:53am On Aug 28, 2014
RiP madam! May the good lord Grant you rest eternal IJN
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by guttentag(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2014
R.I.P AUNTY DORA... You will forever be remember
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Cute2peg(m): 10:56am On Aug 28, 2014
LIVED A LIFE WORTHY OF EMULATION......RIP DORA
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by ritux: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2014
Thanks for saving our country from the hands of the Cabal during the time President Yar Adua was sick.

Thanks also from saving us from the untimely death from the manufacturers of fake drugs. You fought your own brothers at Onitsha and closed down their warehouses. I remember vividly how outspoken you were on CNN telling the drug producers in India to administer their drugs to their citizens before sending them to Nigeria.

RIP Ma'm.....I know you are in a better place.
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by uzolexis(f): 10:58am On Aug 28, 2014
yousee:
Like I said earlier, people of limited vision always oppose change.
Thank you so much,this is the best response to that very stewpid comment from a backward thinking person

Rest in peace Dora, may God bless us with more leaders like you embarassed cry
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by Lero15(m): 10:59am On Aug 28, 2014
MarvellousGod: I don't have much to say because I'm no poet, all i can say is RIP SUPER WOMAN...

You did a wonderful job when you were with NAFDAC, hence saved alot of lives, even when they wanted to bribe you, you refused, when they threatened your life, you still stood firm...You were given some money to seek medical attention abroad but you RETURNED it after you went and the doctors wrongly confirmed you were alright, HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL DO THAT NOT TO TALK OF POLITICIANS??

You touched alot of lives. You were indeed a rare gem.. You were and will still remain one of my role models cool cool...MAY GOD GRANT YOU ETERNAL REST IN HIS KINGDOM AND GIVE YOUR FAMILY AND LOVED ONES FORTITUDE TO BEAR THIS GREAT LOSS, AMEN!!!! smiley smiley

I MISS YOU!
AGULU PEOPLE MISS YOU!!
ANAMBRARIANS MISS YOU!!!
NAIRALANDERS MISS YOU!!!!
NIGERIANS MISS YOU!!!!!
THE WHOLE WORLD MOURNS YOUR DEMISE!!!!!!

You will forever remain in our hearts cry cry cry
and u are sure ur not a poet...(yet)
Re: Tributes To Pro. Dora Akunyili From Nairalanders. by pro2010: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Dora Akunyili is a blessing to the Black Race, you inspired a lot of young Nigerians with the way you went about fighting corruption even in perilous times. I promise to honor you by contributing my quota towards actualizing the Dream Nigeria, and that means standing for the right values at all times. Adieu ma!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Musicians In Africa And Their Net Worth (forbes) / Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje / Rapper Azealia Banks Shares Nude Photo With Her Breasts On Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.