Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. (3723 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / See What A Woman Did To Save Her Child From A Fire Outbreak(photo) / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by floranbee1(f): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2014
When you love somebody,I believe it means loving everything about that person.Be it the parents,siblings even his or her child from a previous relationship.Yesterday,a male friend of mine was telling me about a lady he just met and really likes but the annoying thing according to him is that she already has a male child from her previous relationship and that has pissed him off.I asked him why,he said he can't just marry a woman who's first child isn't his and he's not really to carry the burden of another man's child. Well,this got me speechless and thinking cos I know some ladies marry men who have children from other women. So I would like to know if you as a man or woman can marry and live a happy married life with a child from a previous relationship and your reasons if you can't.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Your friend is just looking for a silly excuse.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by ernie4life(m): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2014
just in case cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Mskrisx(f): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Does it matter u see it dosen't!
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Pampers: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2014
If he doesn't like it; don't encourage him to do it coz he might eventually be irrational in relating with the child which may cause a breakdown in relationship with his spouse. Some people are like that. To some other people it might matter. But seriously; If you really love someone; you should accept all about the person.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:04am On Aug 28, 2014
This is a no brainer.....I don't have a problem with it.....you love the mum, you must love the kid because aside from the love she has for you, 60% of that love is based on how you relate with her kid....if the kid now likes you too....Case-closed!!

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by ifyalways(f): 8:06am On Aug 28, 2014
I could.

@OP, if your friend says he can't, respect his decision. Love is not something you "talk someone into/ force unto anyone" else it breeds resentment.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by floranbee1(f): 8:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Pampers: To some other people it might matter. But seriously; If you really love someone; you should accept all about the person.
. This is the point I was actually trying to make.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by beeevan: 8:45am On Aug 28, 2014
I cannot marry a single father, will consider it only if am a single mom myself. I prefer to start my marital life on a clean slate without distracting appendages.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 28, 2014
I can't as simple as that...The love won't even come if I know you have a kid, something triggers love.....can't just handle the consequences... The man should go marry his baby mama, how can you impregnate a girl and then ditch her? So unfair... Na women wey dey open leg anyhow I dey blame shaa...

I can only consider that if the partner is dead or Jesus comes down and tells me this is your husband. ..
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by deylookme: 9:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Z
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2014
deylookme: You don't know everybody's story, stop judging from your own comfortable corner. No birth control is 100% effective, it can happen to anybody.
who did I judge?? I only stated my point. ..FULLSTOP

Drop your own comment and move along...
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by deylookme: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2014
/
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by snazzylove: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2014
floranbee1: a lady he just met and really likes but the annoying thing according to him is that she already has a male child

1) He just met her
2) Really 'LIKES' her. Not LOVE.

The above shows that he probably likes her physical appearance. He discovered that she has a child and its 'ANNOYING' to him. Am sure by the time he'll discover more things about her he will end up molesting her. By the way, is it not a fellow man like him that put her in that situation and probably bolted?

To me, there is nothing wrong in marrying someone with a child, if am really into you, as in I can tolerate you and really loves you, then the child aspect will be secondary.

However, I will have to be detailed about the mother and what transpired and be assured and reassured that you have nothing to do with her anymore(that is if she's alive).

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2014
deylookme: Like i said, you don't know the full story, your are not her and you will never understand. NO SANE WOMAN PLANS TO GET AN UNWED PREGNANCY.
Alright but I didn't intend to judge anyone with my comment,sorry if I did smiley

People should learn to stop indiscriminate sex and if possible pre marital sex because the consequences most times outweigh the pleasure. ..
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by deylookme: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2014
S
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by floranbee1(f): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
deylookme: Like i said, you don't know the full story, your are not her and you will never understand. NO SANE WOMAN PLANS TO GET AN UNWED PREGNANCY.
. Absolutely right.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Barbie28(f): 5:39am On Oct 03, 2014
Am in the same situation..Just got to know my fiancee has a son with another lady.I gave it a thought but it really doesnt matter to me.Am just worried about if i should let my parents know because they might not allow it.Please what would you advice?
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 03, 2014
I don't see it as a burden at all. I actually get to know more about his parenting skills before we become serious. grin
Some men will always expect a woman to accept them for who they are (and the baggage they come with) but are never ready to do the same for the woman.
All you need is someone who loves and accepts you just as much as you love and accept everything about him/her.
If he/she was doing just fine taking care of his/her child long before you came into their lives, guess what? he/she will still do the just fine whether you decide to stay or leave. Like a lot of people said on a thread similar to this one, it takes love, maturity and wisdom.
Im not a single mother, but i won't lie it seems like i kinda have a thing for single dads, well thats only if he is great with his child. cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 03, 2014
MarvellousGod: I can't as simple as that...The love won't even come if I know you have a kid, something triggers love.....can't just handle the consequences... The man should go marry his baby mama, how can you impregnate a girl and then ditch her? So unfair... Na women wey dey open leg anyhow I dey blame shaa...

I can only consider that if the partner is dead or Jesus comes down and tells me this is your husband. ..

And the "most christian" ones are always the first to judge cheesy i thought God said u shouldn't be judgemental, or did he go on vacation and left u in charge undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With A Child From A Previous Relationship. by justmag(m): 6:56am On Oct 03, 2014
floranbee1: When you love somebody,I believe it means loving everything about that person.Be it the parents,siblings even his or her child from a previous relationship.Yesterday,a male friend of mine was telling me about a lady he just met and really likes but the annoying thing according to him is that she already has a male child from her previous relationship and that has pissed him off.I asked him why,he said he can't just marry a woman who's first child isn't his and he's not really to carry the burden of another man's child. Well,this got me speechless and thinking cos I know some ladies marry men who have children from other women. So I would like to know if you as a man or woman can marry and live a happy married life with a child from a previous relationship and your reasons if you can't.

if its love! then the child shud not be a problem.

(1) (Reply)

Do I Have Any Reason To Be Worried? / What Can My Son Do To Keep Busy After Junior Waec(jss3) / Tired Of Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.