Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (4673 Views)

Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by zik4ever: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Founder and head pastor of Believers Love World, popularly known as Christ Embassy, Chris Oyakhilome left members of his church shocked with his revelation while preaching the message on Sunday.

According to City People, while delivering the message titled ‘The lessons of Lot’, Pastor Chris explained to his members why most pastors will not make heaven.

“Many pastors will go to hell for not obeying God, some are not called by God, some just called themselves for their personal reasons, some are in the ministry to serve their senses”, he stated.

The popular pastor said some churches started out of strife and that some pastors left their churches where they were to go and started another ministry because of anger, strife, misunderstanding or envy.

He said, “Sometimes, it is between a pastor’s wife and an assistant pastor’s wife; you need to learn to obey God in all, I don’t want any of you in such situation. Make up your mind to obey God in everything”.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/25/many-pastors-will-go-hell-pastor-chris-oyakhilome/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by lirusehn(m): 9:36am On Aug 28, 2014
God Bless u Daddy Oyakhilome smiley
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Rich4god(m): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2014
I hope he didnt open his own church out of grief and anger....

1 Like

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Tallesty1(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2014
Did God tell you how and what he will judge? Let's learn to mind our own business.

4 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by neuljosh(m): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Ride on Pastor!!
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Candour(m): 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
I doubt he said that. The philosophy of his church doesn't support such blanket condemnation so I'll take this with a pinch of salt

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by PastorKun(m): 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
I guess Oyakhilome knows were he is headed. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Joagbaje(m): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
Candour: I doubt he said that. The philosophy of his church doesn't support such blanket condemnation so I'll take this with a pinch of salt

How much of the church and reaching do you know? Many of you only know the rumors your friends circulate . The man of God teaches the whole counsel of God . And his teachings have been consistent over the years

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Candour(m): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Joagbaje:

How much of the church and reaching do you know? Many of you only know the rumors your friends circulate . The man of God teaches the whole counsel of God . And his teachings have been consistent over the years

Haba, egbon, with you here to teach us your doctrines, who needs pastor Chris?

Are you telling me he actually said the below?

"Many pastors will go to hell for not obeying God, some are not called by God, some just called themselves for their personal reasons, some are in the ministry to serve their senses”.

I thought your creed has always been "not to judge another man's servant"? If indeed he said that, who gave him the right to? Have you forgotten "touch not my anointed"?

I'm not trying to castigate him, but considering how you in particular castigate any and everybody who says something similar, its surprising you're attacking me for believing this statements credited to him isn't true.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Yooguyz: 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
Candour:

"Many pastors will go to hell for not obeying God, some are not called by God, some just called themselves for their personal reasons, some are in the ministry to serve their senses”.

If I read it correctly, he didn't call anybody's name.I don't think he's judging any1, he's only stating a bible fact.

I thought your creed has always been "not to judge another man's servant"? If indeed he said that, who gave him the right to? Have you forgotten "touch not my anointed"?

I'm not trying to castigate him, but considering how you in particular castigate any and everybody who says something similar, its surprising you're attacking me for believing this statements credited to him isn't true.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Candour(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

If I read it correctly, he didn't call anybody's name.I don't think he's judging any1, he's only stating a bible fact.

OK. Thanks. At least your response shows he actually said it. I really doubted it when I first read it.

So I won't be mobbed next time I decide to state this 'bible fact'.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by HezronLorraine(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
God bless the Man of God.

He stated an obvious truth,he didn't in anyway as he never has condemned anyone.It was a message of admonishment to his flock to understand the fruitfulness of obeying God less they don't make heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Yooguyz: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
HezronLorraine: God bless the Man of God.

He stated an obvious truth,he didn't in anyway as he never has condemned anyone.It was a message of admonishment to his flock to understand the fruitfulness of obeying God less they don't make heaven.

Did you see my presentation at the just concluded e-convention? What do you think about it? Did I present it well? smiley
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by HezronLorraine(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

Did you see my presentation at the just concluded e-convention? What do you think about it? Did I present it well? smiley
I saw it and It was more than superb,I was awed and impressed.Great job.It was a wonderful piece.
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Yooguyz: 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
HezronLorraine: I saw it and It was more than superb,I was awed and impressed.Great job.It was a wonderful piece.

Thanks for the compliment am flattered.
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by DrummaBoy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

So because he didn't call anyone's name, he cannot be accused of judging; or touching an anointed?

This is the whole hypocrisy in this ministry stuffs the likes of Oyakhilome practice.

Oyakhilome refrained from calling names because he cannot bear the responsibility and opprobrium that will follow such actions. And if he dare call anyone's name his own skeletons will be revealed. Period.

So Oyakhilome made such sweeping statement without having anyone in mind? Keep on deceiving yourselves.

My position: Biblical truths must be stated as it is. If a man preaches false doctrine, his doctrine, what he said, who said it, where he said it and to whom it was said, should all be clearly stated. That's the responsibility that follows preaching.

If a preacher worth his salt cannot do this, I doubt his call by God, for these are true test of those truly called. Gospel preaching has forever contained its offence. You reduce the offence, you loose its power.

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Yooguyz: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
DrummaBoy:

So because he didn't call anyone's name, he cannot be accused of judging; or touching an anointed?

This is the whole hypocrisy in this ministry stuffs the likes of Oyakhilome practice.

Oyakhilome refrained from calling names because he cannot bear the responsibility and opprobrium that will follow such actions. And if he dare call anyone's name his own skeletons will be revealed. Period.

So Oyakhilome made such sweeping statement without having anyone in mind? Keep on deceiving yourselves.

My position: Biblical truths must be stated as it is. If a man preaches false doctrine, his doctrine, what he said, who said it, where he said it and to whom it was said, should all be clearly stated. That's the responsibility that follows preaching.

If a preacher worth his salt cannot do this, I doubt his call by God, for these are true test of those truly called. Gospel preaching has forever contained its offence. You reduce the offence, you loose its power.

Ok, can I take this to mean that you believe that all pastors will go to heaven?
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by DrummaBoy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

Ok, can I take this to mean that you believe that all pastors will go to heaven?

I don't have any problem with Oyakhilome's statement.

My problem is with the double standard his likes practice. They have no problem making sweeping, generalized statements, that carry no responsibility and offends no one, as long as they do not name names.

Then people like myself come out and say the likes of Oyakhilome preach false doctrine because they preach, for example, Word of Faith. And they are offended. And we ask: why are you offended? And they say because we named their names. And we say: but the likes of Oyakhilome said many pastors will not go to heaven because they were not obeying God. Then they say: Oyakhilome didn't name any name.

And I am asking: is there a difference btw I who named a name and you who didn't? And you say: yes. And I say: no; because Oyakhilome made his statement with some people in mind. The only difference BTW us is that he was too cowardly to name their names.

See?

8 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Yooguyz: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
DrummaBoy:

I don't have any problem with Oyakhilome's statement.

My problem is with the double standard his likes practice. They have no problem making sweeping, generalized statements, that carry no responsibility and offends no one, as long as they do not name names.

Then people like myself come out and say the likes of Oyakhilome preach false doctrine because they preach, for example, Word of Faith. And they are offended. And we ask: why are you offended? And they say because we named their names. And we say: but the likes of Oyakhilome said many pastors will not go to heaven because they were not obeying God. Then they say: Oyakhilome didn't name any name.

And I am asking: is there a difference btw I who named a name and you who didn't? And you say: yes. And I say: no; because Oyakhilome made his statement with some people in mind. The only difference BTW us is that he was too cowardly to name their names.

See?

You did not answer my question. Will all pastors go to heaven? Yes or No?
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by DrummaBoy(m): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

You did not answer my question. Will all pastors go to heaven? Yes or No?

I have answered your question. You apparently have problems with comprehension. Read what you quoted again.
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by emotional(m): 12:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Another mind control strategy.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Yooguyz: 12:30am On Aug 29, 2014
DrummaBoy:

I have answered your question. You apparently have problems with comprehension. Read what you quoted again.

No you didn't answer my question, you only criticized Oyakhilome.
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Image123(m): 12:46am On Aug 29, 2014
aaaaaaaaah no. It's not just about calling names or not calling names, people and the letter sha.
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Joagbaje(m): 6:46am On Aug 29, 2014
Candour:

[color=#000099]"Many pastors will go to hell for not obeying God, some are not called by God, some just called themselves for their personal reasons, some are in the ministry to serve their senses”.

He hAs always taught in this direction . I just listened to a message he titled " STOP WICKEDNESS" and in that message he adressed fraud , criminalIty and criminal tendencies . He said if you cheat at work or business you will have doors of blessing shut against you .

Even in his teachinsg with his pastors . They have instructions on christian character and wArnings against negative attitude etc .and being example to the flock . Every christian will definitely not make the rapture pastors inclusive .

In the last communion service he said a christian who deliberately stay at home watching movie on a Sunday when he ought to be in church will miss rapture if it takes place at that hour.

It's different . If I say pastor so and so will go to hell, I have judged and condemned . We don't judge people . We can only judge on condemned wrong doing .

I can tell you what you did is wicked (action) but not "YOU ARE A WICKED MAN" that's condemnation.

We can judge condemn action but not a person

1 Like

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Candour(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Joagbaje:

He hAs always taught in this direction . I just listened to a message he titled " STOP WICKEDNESS" and in that message he adressed fraud , criminalIty and criminal tendencies . He said if you cheat at work or business you will have doors of blessing shut against you .

Even in his teachinsg with his pastors . They have instructions on christian character and wArnings against negative attitude etc .and being example to the flock . Every christian will definitely not make the rapture pastors inclusive .

In the last communion service he said a christian who deliberately stay at home watching movie on a Sunday when he ought to be in church will miss rapture if it takes place at that hour.

It's different . If I say pastor so and so will go to hell, I have judged and condemned . We don't judge people . We can only judge on condemned wrong doing .

I can tell you what you did is wicked (action) but not "YOU ARE A WICKED MAN" that's condemnation.

OK. At least no one will accuse me of "touching the Lord's anointed" when next I declare the truth that plenty pastors steal church money and plenty 'pastors' open 'churches' strictly as a business venture.

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by lacum: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
in other words pastor chris may not make heaven because am sure he was not born today n opened his church d nxt day. He left a church or came out from an established church of God and founded his own. God couldnt have asked him to divide his body

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Joagbaje(m): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Candour:

OK. At least no one will accuse me of "touching the Lord's anointed" when next I declare the truth that plenty pastors steal church money and plenty 'pastors' open 'churches' strictly as a business venture.

If you have proof.
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Candour(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Joagbaje:

If you have proof.

And what is the proof that pastor Chris has for saying "some called themselves for personal reasons"?
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Elijah78: 7:36am On Aug 30, 2014
@Jo, pastor chris can never be wrong. also note that he was born in christ embassy.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by mecuzee(m): 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
Joagbaje:

Good day Sir/everyone else. I did like to say that am not here to dispute with anyone but to share my thoughts and learn where necessary. In reading the epistles and the book of Revelation, I get the impression that God expects us as Christians to judge persons especially Christians. I noticed this in the following....

Paul tells a minister of the gospel to rebuke openly them that sin that others may fear. Sounds like judgment.

Paul tells he Corinthians to have judged the guy who committed fornication with his father's wife. He actually said the guy should be handed over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh. This suggests the guy was under some sort of protection in the church. Sounds like judgment.

Paul say we as Saints will judge the angels and the world. That's quite some authority!

The Master himself in the revelation of Himself to John commended a church for having tried some Jews that were liars and of the synagogue of Satan. I'm guessing they had to judge to do that.

In conclusion, I did say we as Christians in our zeal in obeying and care against been judgmental should be careful in staying in the middle of the road and not at both extremes.

God bless His Church!

1 Like

Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Spotless180(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2014
DrummaBoy:

pls, are u in his mind when he was giving d exaltation? u just want to be unreasonable.
Re: Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by shaneroberts26: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
Any Pastor dat believes in 'God' is a Criminal.

(1) (Reply)

Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? / Medieval Catholic Indulgences Versus The Tithe Doctrine / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.