Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt (34772 Views)

First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Reference(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
shinysmrt: The Good heart hospital is where the Doctor ...Ikechukwu Sam Enemuo..was rushed to after he took ill with symptoms of Ebola. He was said to have operated on a woman on Monday presumably after secretly treating the diplomat. Fell ill next day Tuesday and died last Friday. No one knew about this hotel angle which was a very big risk he took...and unethical thing to do.. He was ill for 3 days...then started vomiting blood with bloody diarrhoea. He was rushed to Prime...where he was rejected and then taken to Good heart whose MD is a Cardiologist ..a consultant physician with UPTH. He died there. Good heart is on EVO road in GRA ph2 THE Doctor that died practices in East West Road Rumuokoro...Sam Steel clinic. The wife also a Doctor has a 3-month old baby. There may have been well over 200 contacts of this devilish diplomat who lured his young Doctor friend to treat him secretly and went back to Lagos. I hear he has eventually submitted himself for Ebola check in a bid to get a clearance certificate to fly out..he tested positive and is now quarantined in lagos..It's quite a calamity unfolding in Ph. Unfortunately Ph health facilities are not quite ready to contain Ebola at the moment. There are American experts and federal and WHO health workers in town however training Drs and other healthworkers and helping out with contact tracing etc .

Are doctors on the same page with us on halting this onslaught or what. What is all this nonsense. Why couldn't they call the attention of the authorities immediately the symptoms showed. I think it is time to consider stripping any doctor of his or her practicing license for concealing and attempting to treat what should be termed an 'official matter'. Why is the Federal Government/Ministry of Health so slow at rolling out the 'rules of engagement'. The other patients in these clinics have a right to life and not a further threat to their well being. Any doctor who knowingly admits an ebola patient should simply do time if they survive. All ebola patients should be handed over to the Feds sharp, sharp. I'm livid. angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Such a pathetic situation unfolding!

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
sirjohnson: Its true. Sahara Reporters reported today that a doctor already died in P/harcourt plus others at risk. Full story HERE
pls how did u did this. I meant how you placed the url under "here", makin it easy by just click "here"
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

A truly rotten shame, but that's the internet for you , sometimes these things happen.

On a serious note though, why would sovereign Liberia allow a dual citizen to be a top official like a diplomat?

Well the situation is hydra headeded. Its not just synonymous to Liberia only, I assure you there are high ranking government officials in every African country who pledge loyalty and allegiance to America.Welcome to Africa. . .

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
nerodenero: If Rivers State can emulate Lagos state and with the help of FG,there wont be any cause for alarm.

I must commend Lagos state for a good job and cant wait to congratulate ourselves for eradicating Ebola.Rivers State should watchful and do the needful.

If Only Stewpid Amaechi will act fast and know that everything is not Politics
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by nora544: 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Reference:

Are doctors on the same page with us on halting this onslaught or what. What is all this nonsense. Why couldn't they call the attention of the authorities immediately the symptoms showed. I think it is time to consider stripping any doctor of his or her practicing license for concealing and attempting to treat what should be termed an 'official matter'. Why is the Federal Government/Ministry of Health so slow at rolling out the 'rules of engagement'. The other patients in these clinics have a right to life and not a further threat to their well being. Any doctor who knowingly admits an ebola patient should simply do time if they survive. All ebola patients should be handed over to the Feds sharp, sharp. I'm livid. angry angry angry

This comes when Pastors tell their followers all who have make the 100 fasting this year cannot have Ebola, this man just celebrate his 2Million followers on facebook and he was before a Professor at an University, and he also told his followers that Ebola is only a demon so why should doctors be different when they get brainwashed since they where kids from this fake new church pastors!
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Amack(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
WHAT DOES DIS EBOLA WANT ...
Y ATTACKING APC STATES....?
NOW APC WILL PUT D BLAME ON PDP..
MEDICAL DOCTORS ARE DYING...
NIGERIANS HAVE KEPT QUIET....IF IT WERE STRIKE DEY WILL BECOME HIGH....
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
WHAT DOES DIS EBOLA WANT ...
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by benELOHIM7(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
you still dont get the joke. if ebola has reached portharcourt, its in abia already.the very clueless governor knows what am saying
thwarrior72: Yes abia is in proximity to PH, infact all the state in Nigeria should establish isolation centres incase of emergency.

The risk of transferring a suspected ebola patients from one location/state to anoother is too high & should not be considered.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Propaganda - where is his facebook account?
shinysmrt: The Good heart hospital is where the Doctor ...Ikechukwu Sam Enemuo..was rushed to after he took ill with symptoms of Ebola. He was said to have operated on a woman on Monday presumably after secretly treating the diplomat. Fell ill next day Tuesday and died last Friday. No one knew about this hotel angle which was a very big risk he took...and unethical thing to do.. He was ill for 3 days...then started vomiting blood with bloody diarrhoea. He was rushed to Prime...where he was rejected and then taken to Good heart whose MD is a Cardiologist ..a consultant physician with UPTH. He died there. Good heart is on EVO road in GRA ph2 THE Doctor that died practices in East West Road Rumuokoro...Sam Steel clinic. The wife also a Doctor has a 3-month old baby. There may have been well over 200 contacts of this devilish diplomat who lured his young Doctor friend to treat him secretly and went back to Lagos. I hear he has eventually submitted himself for Ebola check in a bid to get a clearance certificate to fly out..he tested positive and is now quarantined in lagos..It's quite a calamity unfolding in Ph. Unfortunately Ph health facilities are not quite ready to contain Ebola at the moment. There are American experts and federal and WHO health workers in town however training Drs and other healthworkers and helping out with contact tracing etc .
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by thwarrior72: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
benELOHIM7: you still dont get the joke. if ebola has reached portharcourt, its in abia already.the very clueless governor knows what am saying
Ok
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Osama10(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
GenBuhari: Propaganda - where is his facebook account?

Not everyone has a facebook account.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Rachii: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

I'll keep watch on it and make a decision in the best interest of my family shortly.

Nigerians are the dumbest group of people. Even with hard core facts in front of us and with our people dying left and right we can still call this propaganda?

I question the state of the education system at home.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
I know you have facebook and so does most of my children's classmates.

Do you know that none of the hundreds of high profile victims of ebola have facebook accounts?

If that doesn't convince you its a hoax, nothing can.

Osama10:

Not everyone has a facebook account.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Siddye(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
Two people in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, have
contracted Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), minister of
health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, confirmed on
Thursday. Since Liberian-American Patrick Sawwyer
introduced the virus to Nigeria on July 20, this is
the first time an Ebola case would be confirmed
outside Lagos.
According to Chukwu, the total number of cases
of Ebola recorded in the country now stands at
15, against the 13 reported on Monday. He said the
two additional cases of the disease were recorded
in Port Harcourt, where a staff member of
ECOWAS who had contact with Patrick Sawyer but
evaded surveillance, checked into a hospital in the
city with symptoms of the deadly virus. “As of
today, August 28, the total number of Ebola cases
stands at 15.
Remember we told you it was 13 on Monday. But
today, there have been two additional cases in Port
Harcourt,” the minister said. “A man who works
for ECOWAS, a primary contact of the index case,
evaded surveillance and travelled to Port Harcourt.
He became ill and he went to hospital in Port
Harcourt for treatment. “Although he recovered, the
doctor who treated him died last week. The widow
of the doctor alerted us and we investigated the
case.
“It is now confirmed that the doctor died of Ebola.
His widow has been put under quarantine. The
ECOWAS staff member is also under quarantine.
There are evidence that he had the virus but might
have recovered. We cannot rule out the option that
he still has the virus.” Chukwu disclosed that 70
people who are secondary contacts of the two
Ebola cases in Port Harcourt have been traced and
placed under surveillance.
“As it stands, 141 persons who are secondary
contacts are under surveillance in Lagos, 70 in
Port Harcourt and 6 in Enugu. 200 persons have
completed the 21 days incubation period of the virus
without developing symptoms,” he said.
“There is still only one case of virus in Lagos. The
patient is responding to treatment and may be
discharged soon.” The minister assured Nigerians
that the government would contain the virus,
advising that citizens should not panic.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Osama10(m): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
GenBuhari: I know you have facebook and so does most of my children's classmates.
Do you know that none of the hundreds of high profile victims of ebola have facebook accounts?
If that doesn't convince you its a hoax, nothing can.

Am not on facebook, my wife, my sister, none. cool

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
I am sorry for you .
Osama10:

Am not on facebook, my wife, my sister, none. cool
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Osama10(m): 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
GenBuhari: I am sorry for you .

You don't have to, I closed it way back 2009 for a reason and that does not mean I can't access people there. wink
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Rachii: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

You have a higher probability of dying from an infectious disease than I do mate.

Name one American that has ever died from Ebola?
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Rachii: 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

You are free to have an opinion of me, no matter how wrong and ridiculous it makes you look.

I'm matured enough to accept you don't like me.

Have a nice day.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by slimfitty(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
rubbish!!! politically motivated..mtcheeew
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Lilimax(f): 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
There is fire on the mountain shocked

The man Patrick Sawyer... angry
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

You are free to have an opinion of me, no matter how wrong and ridiculous it makes you look.

I'm matured enough to accept you don't like me.

Have a nice day.
Dude you should check out my post on NL, I don't do "like" I say things the way they are at best.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by TOYNEX(f): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
This is no longer sawyer's fault... From Lagos to PH,
with all d billions being set aside every minute because of this plague, how could a person under quarantine have traveled to infect others or get contacted by others? For God's sake do we even hav govt in Nigeria... Using every opportunity to enrich their pockets... Even @ citizens risk... God save d Masses
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by imauri: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.
pls. try not to use this medium to broadcast your self created stupidity .. ignorant stupidity is indeed a bastard because if you didn't know, you'd check google maps.

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
woodcook: Dude you should check out my post on NL, I don't do "like" I say things the way they are at best.

Thanks but I'll pass.

You've done nothing to impress me that it would be a good use of my time. In fact the opposite is true.

Good day.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
djeezy: Africans don't like dying alone. That's why they don't report themselves when they find out they may be infected. That is the typical African mentality. When this virus spreads to every region in Nigeria, it will be impossible to contain. Just imagine Boko Haram taking blood of an infected person and injecting it into cows. Catastrophe.
plz don't gv dm any ideas! Infact dnt say thnz like dt, they myt hear u

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by tychee69(m): 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Umennajiego: Now that you have used all the Ebola fund to order hilux and hiace.

THE STUPID MINISTER IS ABOUT TO SPEND THE MONEY ON CARS , DRUGS (HE BETTER BE BUYING Z-MAPP VACCINES) AND OTHER THINGS ( GOLD I PHONE 6, HOTEL BILLS AND CRIBS FOR GIRLFRIENDS)... HE WENT FURTHER TO ANNOUNCE THAT NIGERIA HAVE CONTAINED EBOLA.. THIS CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN A COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA. IN A SANE SOCIETY, THIS FUND WOULD HAVE BEEN EFFICIENTLY UTILIZED TO SET UP CONTAINMENT AND RESEARCH FACILITIES IN ALL THE STATES .. PROCURE EQUIPMENTS AND MATERIALS NEEDED IN FIGHTING AND CONTAINING THIS SCOURGE.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
charijee: so you hate me like this
Naaaah!
I luv u, dats why am givin u life-savin tips
Thank me later cool
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by conyema12(m): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
All in the quest for money.
Tell me how a doctor who knows about Ebola will agree to treat a patient secretly without contacting the authority to have him isolated.
This is a very big insult to the medical profession. He must be a very useless man. Now he has paid with his life while putting other millions in danger.

3 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Hopesweet2: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
lts quite unfortunate that the said doctor whose name is identified as 'Iyke' is our choir mistress doctor. She delivered her two babies in this man's hospital. Yesterday, she narrated the story to us , how her doctor died of unknown ailment last week Friday, leaving his wife who just put to birth some months ago. According to her, she has even gone to sympathize with the wife immediately the shocking news gets to her. This morning when l heard the news and the name of the doctor, as well as the location of the hospital, l call her to confirm if its that her hospital. She replied yes with a trembling voice. Please is it right for me to tell her to submit herself for Ebv test, to curtail futher spread, since she has visited the late doctor and his family of recent?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

454 New COVID-19 Cases, 268 Discharged And 12 Deaths On July 3 -(3355 Tested) / Photos Of Kano N2.8 Billion Giginyu Hospital & Equipment / 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.