Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Screenshots of Our PC Desktops - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Screenshots of Our PC Desktops (13323 Views)

How To Take Screenshots Of Entire And Parts Of Your Computer Screen (windows) / We Supply Brand New Laptops, Desktops To Individuals, Companies Etc. / The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by charlisco(m): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2006
check out my desktop and predict which applications i often used

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Seun(m): 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2006
Internet Explorer, of course!
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by thekrafter(m): 6:15pm On Mar 16, 2006
My XP desktop

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by thekrafter(m): 6:22pm On Mar 16, 2006
, and my arch desktop

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Chxta(m): 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2006
Here is my current desktop. Ubuntu Breezy Badger on my laptop,

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by jogego(m): 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2006
My desktop running (K)Ubuntu Dapper Drake flight 4 with KDE 3.5.1. I normally install Ubuntu and then I use Synaptic to install kdebase and other Kde elements and voila Kubuntu.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Chxta(m): 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2006
What you saw was when I had just designed the wallpaper, this is it on the system in active use,

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by jogego(m): 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2006
@ chxta, I see you also use Nvu.

By the way, since I discovered www.pandora.com, I hardly use amarok or xmms again to play mp3s. Pandora.com is a free online music streaming service. Frankly, I cannot stand gnome cos there is so much hand holding, I prefer KDE cos I can change practically any part of the desktop and I can really get the OS to work the way I want. THough I have both gnome and kde, I hardly boot into gnome .It seems though Ubuntu is quite rock solid compared to Kubuntu which has some bugs, so in my opinion, its better to install Ubuntu first and then install KDE on top of it.
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by thekrafter(m): 11:48pm On Mar 20, 2006
Yeah pandora.com is pretty neat. It does start playing the same songs if u stay on the same station for a couple of hours. I use it to stumble on some new artists, and sometimes it brings up some oldies that take me back. smiley
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by jogego(m): 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2006
THanks for unlimited broadband, wink, I stream it 24 hours a day man. Hope they can keep it free for long. Cos its the only one i know that works easily on any format. It works perfecly on both my mac and my linux laptop and like you said, there are some new discoveries. Yesterday I listened to the Jazz version of "my boo" didnt even know there was a jazz version and had never heard the name of the group before either. Much better than yahoo launch music in my opinion.
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by jogego(m): 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2006
For all those using KDE out there, has anyone tried Kompose? It works just like Expose on Mac OSX. Give it a shot.

http://kompose.berlios.de/
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Chxta(m): 11:58am On Mar 27, 2006
Yes, jogego, I use Nvu. I am not really a fan of KDE because it is too resource hungry, so I'll stick with gnome thank you very much,
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Niggy(m): 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2006
kde rocks!

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by jogego(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2006
Niggy, seems you will need to give me a step by step how-to on how to get this kinda effect on my desktop. Still havent been able to get it.

@chxta, gnome is too hand holding though the new gnome in Ubuntu Dapper drake is really interesting. So many ideas from Mac OSX have been included making it all the more appealing for me.

My present Kubuntu Dapper drake desktop am running KDE 3.5.1 but will be upgrading it to 3.5.2 later tonight.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by jogego(m): 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2006
Kompose in action. Pretty good and makes navigating easy if you are like me and have multiple windows open at the same time. Much like Expose on Mac OS.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Zahymaka(m): 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2006
Here's mine. Please don't laugh.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by jogego(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2006
My Mepis 6 alpha desktop using taskbarv2 which givves you a transluscent preview of programs minimised to the taskbar, something vista is planning on implementing, He! He!! He!!!

For interested linux users, click here http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=31611

I am using the KDE pro beta icon set

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Chxta(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2006
Still the same, just a new program installed,

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by boraddo(m): 1:50pm On May 11, 2007
here's mine,

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by nazzyon(m): 6:49pm On May 11, 2007
Well here is one. I am not very crazy about desktops because I am just too busy and most of my work are confidentials so I decided to re edit before posting.

The desktop on my laptop is complex not supposed to be revealed online because of the nature of my job. So you can deal with this.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by DonGotti(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2007
here is mine at the british council, my lappy's not connected here,

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by DonGotti(m): 7:51pm On May 11, 2007
another, still here

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by inze(m): 6:13pm On May 12, 2007
Well, thats my Haier A61 Laptop screenshot.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by nosa101(f): 5:42am On May 13, 2007
my lovely mac rip off

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Ynot(m): 8:15am On May 13, 2007
My Windows Xp vistalized desktop

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by atilla(m): 12:42pm On May 13, 2007
I hope this shows.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by nosa101(f): 5:33pm On May 13, 2007
I win
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Nobody: 9:39am On May 14, 2007
why now.seun truncated my attempt to shakara y'all with my desktop(see y'all at the what do you hate about our moderator? thread. grin).any way am reposting here.

i´m running bricopaks(vista insipirat 1.1),object dock 1.9 freeware (for access to folders) rainlendar 2.1(as a desktop calendar) ,8 start launcher(for quick app launching),recent X(for quick access to recently used documents/files) , yahoo widget engine(for the digital clock), cursor xp, KO approach(for easy navigation to folders via object dock), webshots desktop(for switching of wallpapers) on my system.(fortunately i got 1.5gb of ram).these are some views of my desktop .

these apps may look like so much eye candy and RAM hogs(which they are),but they also make me more efficient.i don´t have to search through my start menu for an app, i don´t need to clutter my desktop with folders/shortcuts, and i can quickly access recently used files (.dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt,.txt,.m3u,.pdf,.skp, etc.) i hated windows recent documents 'cause it's so small.i use the digital clock so i can free up space in my taskbar.(no clock hogging space).not so long ago(a forthnight)i was using objectdock as an app launcher.then i discovered 8 start launcher.8start can accommodate far more app shortcuts than object dock(the freeware version), so i now use it as an app launcher.i deleted all folder shortcuts from my desktop and embedded them in objectdock.

i use logon studio for cool logon screens.

i used to use bootskin for cool bootup screens, but after a recent reinstall of windows, it causes bluescreens(sad)

i use qliner qsaver /quotes for my screensaver.nothing as cool as watching someone fixated on cool quotes running down your screen.

with the exception of recentx, all the above desktop enhancement/bling! apps are freeware/shareware.Anyone can google them.you may need to search wincustomise.com in order to get themes , iconpacks, or skins to enable you to customise object dock, rainlendar, and logon studio to your own preferences.

i used to use freeware window blinds, but the 50% skinning was uncool.i recently got hold of an windowblinds enhanced, but i´m not ready to run it yet(maybe when i change my system).

if any one knows a cool digital desktop clock, let me know.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Nobody: 9:44am On May 14, 2007
i use logon studio for cool logon screens.

Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by nosa101(f): 9:03pm On May 14, 2007
I still win, I have 40,000 people chanting "beat Texas" as a desktop.
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by WesleyanA(f): 3:14am On May 16, 2007
@Zahymaka

"valid until: 22/12/3123" lol
Re: Screenshots of Our PC Desktops by Niggy(m): 4:07pm On May 16, 2007
Just like ma desktop, simple and tidy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Order For Your Laptop ( NEW And LONDON USED) Deliver Anywhere In Nigeria / What Pisses You Off About Facebook? / Latest Free Browsing Software On Pc>>>red Hot!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.