Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

How Do I Manage Mutiple Site On Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Manage Mutiple Site On Wordpress (587 Views)

Number One Chat Site On Wapka. Approved. / Is It Possible To Build Ecommerce Site On Blogger? / How Do I Manage A Typical Forum On A Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Manage Mutiple Site On Wordpress by Kpimp: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hi fellow webmasters.I will like to know how to manage/design mutiple website on wordpress on wampserver.I designed a website for a client using wordpress on wampserver but the client is yet to show up and I also have a website to design for another client.how will I design anoda website without affecting the other website on wordpress.will appreciate a quick reply.
Re: How Do I Manage Mutiple Site On Wordpress by Paras01234(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
By addon Domains
Re: How Do I Manage Mutiple Site On Wordpress by IamGodzilla: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Kpimp: Hi fellow webmasters.I will like to know how to manage/design mutiple website on wordpress on wampserver.I designed a website for a client using wordpress on wampserver but the client is yet to show up and I also have a website to design for another client.how will I design anoda website without affecting the other website on wordpress.will appreciate a quick reply.
Just copy the default wordpress folder(I.e the one you downloaded from wordpress itself, rename the folder, create a new database, and run it like a new wordpress installation).

1 Like

Re: How Do I Manage Mutiple Site On Wordpress by sunnedee: 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Create a new directory (folder) in your WWW.
Rename the directory to the name of your second client for example: mr james
Copy WordPress installation files from the one you downloaded from WordPress repository to the new folder (mr James)
Go to your system tray and click on wamp
Click on phpmyadmin
This will open a new tab in your browser (Mozilla Firefox preferably)
Click on databases
Enter name of your client as database name (James)
Go to your address bar and type: localhost/james (the name of the folder you created in wamp)
Finish

NB: I am on mobile so forgive my formatting. If you need more help just say so on this thread.
Ciao

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Manage Mutiple Site On Wordpress by Kpimp: 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Thank you all for your response will try the above out and give u a feedback
Re: How Do I Manage Mutiple Site On Wordpress by Kpimp: 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
Thanks it worked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Gift For You: Your September To Be Remember / Control Your Pc, Smartphone And Tablet With Logithec Universal Keyboard / Build A Search Engine Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.