Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC (17481 Views)

Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / 4 Sci-fi Technologies That May Soon Come To Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by mystical112(m): 9:34am On Aug 29, 2014
Is a wecome development @list it will go a long way in tackling the insecurity problem rocking the country presently.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Sammyblaq(m): 9:34am On Aug 29, 2014
what are they waiting for then....am afraid the effect wont be reasonable and it will be abused surely.
Naija shiri ike
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Kylekent59: 9:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Na 2 form new language between me and my group so dat dey wnt capp what we are discussing. Dis is an abuse, dey are gona deprive people of dir private issue.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2014
This is a breach on privacy. This might be abused.

Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by davidif: 9:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Chei!! is this the beginning of a police state? The rights that people willingly surrender when they are living under fear is astonishing at times.

Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by ololo12: 9:55am On Aug 29, 2014
That shit ain't mean nothing to me. Ese!
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by olajide8(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2014
Who monitors the monitored - we are already physically abused from the atrocities perpetrated by these agencies, that hide behind hoods and masks - we are also battling peoples partisan"ship" the DSS
People also lie to much because they are corrupt so who saves an average nigerian now?

Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by udemzyudex(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Warlord3000: Thunder fire anyone who listens to my conversation..

Well na dem sabi.. Dem ear go just block after listening to me and my baby phone$ex. tongue

Lol...no fear,i believe say them get how d thing go work..

na only those wey dem dey suspicious of them go monitor their call..

Lets say i make a report about wan bad guy like that,them go just monitor him call... You grab?
Na so me understand am oo
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by ibietela2(m): 10:00am On Aug 29, 2014
When will high cost of data be reduced?
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by PastorOluT(m): 10:04am On Aug 29, 2014
NCC, How about doing something also to how all these telecoms people have been ripping us off since time immemorial?
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by fm7070: 10:15am On Aug 29, 2014
They are very stewpid. After almost 15years of GSM in Nigeria, they are about to implement call monitoring.
This country is backward. Our institutions are very weak.
Sometimes when situation arise, you wonder if it is happening to a local government or a federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Vacora(m): 10:20am On Aug 29, 2014
With all the abuse of powers by all the relevant agencies, I don't think it's a good idea at this time. Our security and intelligence agencies cannot be trusted with personal details. I see this will be used to settle personal or political vendettas. Who will watch over those who will hold or access the data? Have they been vetted? Do we have data protection laws in place? In developed countries, you will require a court warrant and a judge thoroughly examines the application before granting it. It requires partnership working to ensure checks and balances and the rule of law is protected. We are not mature enough for this option and there are other options we can follow in the long term which will help us with the insecurity plaguing Nigeria.

Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by eunisam: 10:34am On Aug 29, 2014
I hope our privacy is guaranteed
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Freiburger(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2014
Repteam: I like the idea. But I feel it will eventually be abused. Some might use if for personal stuff.......
you know!
As usual wink
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by agyo(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2014
Are you just thinking of this now? considering the threat the country all this while. Advance country does this and helps them keep track of terrorist and terrorism ahead of the act.

God bless Nijja.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Mrval20(m): 10:56am On Aug 29, 2014
I'm totally in support of this. Just wondering why they would make it public.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2014
Must we announce anything in Nigeria? This is a security issue and it should be done without telling anybody. I thought they have started it before now.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Warlord3000: Thunder fire anyone who listens to my conversation..

Well na dem sabi.. Dem ear go just block after listening to me and my baby phone$ex. tongue
Hahaha, no be small tin oo

Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Anthrophile(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2014
Now officially telling us what had started a long time ago. I envisage wire taping or phone bugging extending from criminal suspects to political opponents, opposition party members, business rivals and people seen as potential threats. Whoever pays will be offered the service.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 29, 2014
Tazmode: grin make dem start with the north to monitor insurgency. Na dem need am pass
Well said bro...i jst hope dey wont abuse it aftawards
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by kabba7(m): 11:25am On Aug 29, 2014
NaLaugh: NSA style cheesy cool

Mine own phone has been under monitoring since late last year by an igbo lady named CHIOMA ( dont know who she report to SS,DMI NIA or whoever ) she claim to be in Ihiala but my tracting device is pointing her being in Lagos or Abeokuta am yet to open up to her that I want to 'screw ' her though. (that i will surely do shortly )it is then I will come out to let her know am aware of her activity on my phone .
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Worksunlimited: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2014
Wouldnt the people doing phone-akpako during calls, be turning the listening-in audience on undecided?

Konji doing people since Adam and Eve.. cool
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by oluwabamis(m): 11:29am On Aug 29, 2014
Security issues is not discussed in an open market, the whole objective is defeated already. What happen to surprise attack on evil doers.
Ngeria wake up, you are been left behind
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Worksunlimited: 11:33am On Aug 29, 2014
nonxo007: In view of the unstable security situation in the country, the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, says security agencies will soon commence monitoring of all calls to enhance their operational activities in the country.
This Commission announced this recently at a special edition of Consumer Outreach programme organized by the commission at IBB Golf Club, Maitama, Abuja.
According to the commission, plans are in the offing to come up with a guideline that will guide the take-off of the plan in such a way that no subscriber’s right or privacy would be breached in the process.
Though, the Commission promised to ensure full protection of the rights of every consumer through the proposed guidelines, it however noted that there is no enabling law at the moment to guide the operators on such powers and called for a quick enactment of legislations to give the proposed guideline a legal backing by the time the implementation proper kicks off. According to the commission’s legal adviser, Mrs. Yetunde Akinloye, “In view of the worrisome security situation in the country, the security agencies are about to key into peoples’ conversation. We as a regulatory agency are coming with guidelines that will guide the operators on this. Though, at the moment, we do not have a law to guide how the operators should keep consumers privacy in conversation, we also need this guideline. to enhance the smooth implementation of the plan.”
Recall that last year Senator Isa Galaudu, PDP Kebbi North sponsored a bill entitled A Bill for an Act to Provide for Interception, Development and Protection of Communications Networks and Facilities for Public Interest and Other Related Matters 2013.
The bill seeks to give legal backing to relevant national chief security officers, national security agency, Department of State Services and Police to intercept communications considered prejudicial to national security or public interest.
The bill passed second reading in the upper legislative chamber of the National Assembly and was referred to the Senate committees on Communication, Judiciary and National Security for further legislative input.
However, though the bill generated serious condemnations from different quarters going by wide spread fears of privacy breach it could bring about, it received overwhelming support in the Senate, in September last year.
But the NCC is promising that the soon to be released guidelines will take care of fears of privacy breach and ensure that the process does not affect genuine conversations.
In his opening remarks, the Executive Commissioner, Technical Services, Engr. Ubale Maska said since the establishment of the Consumer Affairs Bureau, in 2001, the Commission had taken several initiatives to address numerous challenges consumers are facing by coming up with projects that will ensure and guarantee that consumer are well informed, educated and protected at all times.
Also corroborating him, Director Consumer Affairs Bureau of the Commission, Mrs. Maryam Bayi said, the Commission had made remarkable strides in its bid to protect the interest of telecom consumers, not just as a fulfillment of its mandate but also as commitment to ensure that Nigerian telecoms consumers get value for their money.
she explained that the Commission had come up with a number of regulations and initiatives for the purpose of protecting the telecom consumer interest. They include: the establishment of regulations on consumer code of practice, quality of service, enforcement, mobile number portability among others.
Also speaking, the Assistant Director of Public Affairs, Mr. Reuben Muoka described the regulation of the Nigerian telecom sector as a delicate balance for the commission
Muoka noted that the consumer outreach programme of the commission has not only made Nigerian consumers the most celebrated among other consumers in Nigerian economy but has also been recognized by the International telecommunication Union, ITU as an innovative initiative helping the commission to alleviate consumers problems.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/calls-may-soon-monitored/

As long as the Commander in Shif's phones and dose of his extended cabinets are monitored too.. I would support the motive, buh if not "NCC! Apu maka" angry
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by pappyrose(f): 11:37am On Aug 29, 2014
Na now day break, Nigeria shaaaa.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 29, 2014
the all seeing eye. Can someone explain how the sharing button works?
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by omolizzy(f): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Na to dey use letter send message now
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by 09temple(m): 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
If i use my language call nko! Hw dem go take hear?
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Okamiye(m): 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Are they just thinking about it? Should they even say something like that out?? You'll never read or hear a press statement from NSA saying they joined hands with facebook and google to spy on people. I'm actually surprised it's not being done already, knowing how easy it is to do, and how NECESSARY it is as well
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by BotherMleeper(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
hushmail:

CIA is monitoring calls worldwide

NSA is the agency eavesdropping, not CIA.
Re: Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
BadBoy25: CIA monitoring calls does not mean that someone sits all day long listening to boring conversations . there are 300 million people in the United states . you would need 300 million CIA agents . what happens is that sensitive words such as 'bomb" "ak47' "subway " intersection" " see you at 6pm at city square "etc. are detected and conversation is saved in a special database for further review.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing_in_the_United_States

I fully support the monitoring of phone calls.I am anti islam and would authorize the torture, beheading or deportation of all muslims both good and bad if I had the power. stop all migration of muslims to first world nations .
below are just a few of many muslim immigrants who migrated with their barbaric ideologies to the US : 1. Boston Bombers 2. Yassir saheed who killed his daughters as an honor killing .

so what then makes you different from the people you hate since they could write the same thing and replace islam with infidels

How To Make 3G Stable On Your Android / TECNO Granted A Fan Request By Showing Love To An Orphanage Home On Valentine's / HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread