Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery (107271 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce, Very Sad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by lexib(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2014
That moment when dissapointment makes you say:
"I'm not a Christ Embassy Member"...

Abeg, Who ask you?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by christemmbassey(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2014
obosirow: I NO BELIEVE OOOOOOO!!
Not that such cannot happen, just that me I no believe this yan until the man come out and confess, which only proves his humility, like David. As long as God not condemn the man, NO ONE on the face of the earth has the right or Power to condemn Gods servant.
Mind what you say cos he is Gods anointed; so you don't put yourself in the line of Gods fire.

I am not a member of Christembassy but I believe in the man..gbam!
sharaaaap! Na ppl like u dey spoil naija.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by imagrg(m): 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
If any of you is without sin, be the first to cast stones on Chris. Una nor know say abuna matter made King David dey watch Beersheba take her bath? Wetin make her son marry 300 wives and get 700 girlfriends? Abuna ofcourse! Wetin make Adam eat apple? Na abuna! Chris can not be left out. The devil must use its instrument to attempt to derail him but he can't; yashing is minor offence if only he stops it! In spite of what happened, if this story is true, yashing or no yashing, the pastor is doing God's work except for these distraction, which is human. Case closed. Don't condemn him again. His wife merely wants to test another man's love stick! I swear, she told me that in confidence. Don't tell anybody oooh! Everything here is my filty opinion please!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by ccollins(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
kayciano: WOMEN HAVE GREAT AFFINITY FOR DEVIL...
Dats Y When DEVIL wants to DESTROY a MAN ..d devil uses a WOMAN...
am not SURPRISED at all....!!!!!!!
U see, 5 MEN doing GREAT, d moment a WOMAN steps in they separate and become urchins to one another...
EXAMPLES ARE...
1)SAMSON.
2).DAVID.
3)SOLOMON.
4)JOB.(curse GOD and DIE, by JOBS WIFE).
5)P SQUARE.
6).Plantation boys...
7)Sky plus....
. You are so on point. Asides that... Speaking from personal experience. This one fact and bitter truth about life, I know guys that fell becos of women. In my first year,focused on school,never had time for women. One sexy slim lady from imo state didn't even let me settle down in school first,I think she was even ahead of me in class and she came at class in nite to seduce me heavily. Biting her lips and all those seductive stuffs. it hurt me a lot, its just like apple juice that's a poison being given to you. She didn't mind opening her laps and her skirt was up and she wanted my hands down there , it was a bit dark up in class at my faculty...., I didn't do anything tho but I still wonder still today what the aim of some women are. The big question is where they sent? Who sent them ? Was it their own desire and lust? Imagine how women die for few guys that don't have their time and such guys are handsome and respectful, also innocent. Still see the lady today and she is different from that many years ago but then was she possessed or what. I didn't date her and don't even know who she was? Tot ladies could control their libido better.God! I hate that day becos it caused some problems tho..

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Pennywise(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
thorpido: You are talking about thinking with the brain and you come up with this stuff you wrote?So you have not heard from others since you are not doing the thinking that there are many reasons for separation or divorce.
And don't you understand that my argument is not on the cause or causes for their separation but on your conviction that Pastor chris sent her to London just to keep her away from him.Have you been part of the ministry that you know so much or you are just assuming?What kind of shallow thinking is that ?

Shallow thinking? That is your opinion, sir. But your deep thinking has failed to tell you that if Pst Chris didnt want his wife in London she wouldnt be there for a day rather than being there in perpetuity. It seems to me the only intelligent people in that church are the pastors. End of debate. Go call me your pastor.

imagrg: If any of you is without sin, be the first to cast stones on Chris. Una nor know say abuna matter made King David dey watch Beersheba take her bath? Wetin make her son marry 300 wives and get 700 girlfriends? Abuna ofcourse! Wetin make Adam eat apple? Na abuna! Chris can not be left out. The devil must use its instrument to attempt to derail him but he can't; yashing is minor offence if only he stops it! In spite of what happened, if this story is true, yashing or no yashing, the pastor is doing God's work except for these distraction, which is human. Case closed. Don't condemn him again. His wife merely wants to test another man's love stick! I swear, she told me that in confidence. Don't tell anybody oooh! Everything here is my filty opinion please!

The man didnt say he is a god. It is dumb members who are infatuated by him that think he is.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by sugaarbear(m): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
bolaino: hahahaha, story story, where you there with him all those nights he traveled and was lonely?? Lol
he cant cheat when hes got a beautiful wife
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by thorpido(m): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pennywise:

Shallow thinking? That is your opinion, sir. But your deep thinking has failed to tell you that if Pst Chris didnt want his wife in London she wouldnt be there for a day rather than being there in perpetuity. It seems to me the only intelligent people in that church are the pastors. End of debate. Go call me your pastor.
Alright,I'll make an effort and school you a bit.
ChristEmbassy started in Nigeria over 20yrs ago with the center in Ikeja.It began to grow into other branches around ikeja environs.It eventually went international.
All the time it was Nigerian based,Pastor Anita was here in Nigeria.When it became international and pastors had to be posted to shepherd those branches,pastors were sent there.When it had enough branches in europe,someone had to go to supervise churches in Europe.Pastor Anita was sent to do that.By that time,pastor chris' ministry kept him moving round those branches all over the world.There are church programmes which include the Charismatic renewal conference and the IPPC which holds in Nov. HERE IN NIGERIA, AND pastor Anita is always PRESENT.
Where then did you get your assumption that he dumped her there from the beginning and does not see her?What do you mean by she is there in perpetuity?

Again,I say to you,Wisdom does not assume.I hope this time you can receive it.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by dehmohlah(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
blink182: On this issue, I will stand by Pastor Chris. It is obvious Pastor Chris will not be going the way of many nigerian pastors including big shots like Late Arch. Bishop Benson Idahosa, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Pastor Oyedepo and others who turned the church of God into personal property that will be willed to their wives instead he has chosen to take the part of Redeem church, baptist and other big churches where pastors rise through the ranks.

I was a BLW member for about 4 years and in BLW you can be just a cell member today and become a Pastor tomorrow all depending on your ability to win souls for Christ.

It has become obvious to Anita that eventually when Pastor Chris passes on, she is not next in line to become President of BLW. I know at least 20 pastors that are ahead of her in ministry. While wait until the dude is gone and I am placed on some funny pension while another takes over the helm of things? I should divorce the man now and cart away with all the court permits.

Let me make it known too that Pastor Chris does not have personal property to the best of my knowledge, the privileges he enjoys are attached to the office of President, Believers Love World. When he is no more, all of these perks will simply slide to the next president and Anita is having non of it. She wants her share and she wants it now, while I feel sympathy for her, I think she has gone too far with the adultery accusation but then she might be right.

I pray God gives Pastor Chris the wisdom and courage to outlive this storm likewise Anita.

You are the only person that make a lot of sense to me.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Olusanya333(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
All this likes wey u dey share for this thread so.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by ezme(m): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
My only interest would be the divorce settlement and alimony.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by spiralwedge(m): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
pls read today's Sun newspaper for details, especially all you Christ Embassy's Apologetics.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by wisestman(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lawyers in the house, pls can u help me understand how a couple that got married in nigeria be splitted in a court in UK..when they were not joined together under their law..pls help explain
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by DECOtech(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
joycooten2002: There is nothing like FD14D01650. Its a case involving another person. Why changing fact. Now I know that you guys are detractors
Are you serious?! The devil is indeed a liar.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by nora544: 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
wisestman: Lawyers in the house, pls can u help me understand how a couple that got married in nigeria be splitted in a court in UK..when they were not joined together under their law..pls help explain

I know it is possible in my country in Europa, but I am not a lawyer, but it works!

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by wisestman(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
nora544:

I know it is possible in my country in Europa, but I am not a lawyer, but it works!
Ok...thank God u said Europa, I'm still waiting for more nigerian lawyers cos I know dis was a cooked up story and d people that cooked it up didn't use their brains..why we she go and be filing for a divorce in d UK when she was married under the law of the Fedearl republic of nigeria..that's if they did a court wedding in the first place..pls lawyers from nigeria where are u people, pls I need to be enlightened if I'm wrong
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by nora544: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
wisestman:
Ok...thank God u said Europa, I'm still waiting for more nigerian lawyers cos I know dis was a cooked up story and d people that cooked it up didn't use their brains..why we she go and be filing for a divorce in d UK when she was married under the law of the Fedearl republic of nigeria..that's if they did a court wedding in the first place..pls lawyers from nigeria where are u people, pls I need to be enlightened if I'm wrong

Hello when it was a court wedding she must not come to nigeria to get divorce, she can make it from Uk that is possible with a lawyer!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
lomaxx: Konji na bastard grin

Na who go come go heaven now?

Me and u.... Only if we do our best 2 bastardize konji. E catch us, we sef catch am, e hold us, we hold am, e strong pass us, we hala papa God. No lele. Lol

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Orikinla(m): 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Adultery is not enough reason for divorce.

If God did not break up with us in spite of our sins, then who are we to break up with others, because of their sins?

Those who don't know how to forgive will never know how to love.

And God will have mercy only on the merciful

God answers and treats us as we answer and treat others.

Read Matthew 7 and learn from what our Lord and Messiah Jesus Christ said.

Jesus Christ never approved divorce, because of adultery.

No true Christian will divorce his or her wife, because of adultery.
It does not show maturity.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by UMUNNAWUIKE: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
He failed d 11th comandment,NEVA GET COUGHT,so let him pay d prize

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Bode2: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
achinaboy:
well good luk with ur journey to heaven
yea, when the trumpet sounds or when the Lord my God calls me to his right hand. What a glorious day!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by athorello(m): 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
Those that fry their hair, dress, walk and talk like him will follow his steps. I remember Pst. Chris days of "I have a dream..." This is how they are making Nigeria better.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by MizEmpress(f): 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
blink182: On this issue, I will stand by Pastor Chris. It is obvious Pastor Chris will not be going the way of many nigerian pastors including big shots like Late Arch. Bishop Benson Idahosa, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Pastor Oyedepo and others who turned the church of God into personal property that will be willed to their wives instead he has chosen to take the part of Redeem church, baptist and other big churches where pastors rise through the ranks.

I was a BLW member for about 4 years and in BLW you can be just a cell member today and become a Pastor tomorrow all depending on your ability to win souls for Christ.

It has become obvious to Anita that eventually when Pastor Chris passes on, she is not next in line to become President of BLW. I know at least 20 pastors that are ahead of her in ministry. While wait until the dude is gone and I am placed on some funny pension while another takes over the helm of things? I should divorce the man now and cart away with all the court permits.

Let me make it known too that Pastor Chris does not have personal property to the best of my knowledge, the privileges he enjoys are attached to the office of President, Believers Love World. When he is no more, all of these perks will simply slide to the next president and Anita is having non of it. She wants her share and she wants it now, while I feel sympathy for her, I think she has gone too far with the adultery accusation but then she might be right.

I pray God gives Pastor Chris the wisdom and courage to outlive this storm likewise Anita.
a very sensible post..I imagined you speaking these words as I kept reading cool and you know my response whenever you speak like one wizened old man ahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by deborah777(f): 5:18am On Aug 31, 2014
tripleace: How can a divorce case take place in UK when they got married in Nigeria.
If you believe this you will believe anything. Would anyone like his or her name used wrongly as a means to sale soft story. Watch what happens to people who do such.
I feel so sorry for those peddling unconfirmed stories just to hit front page. I really feel sorry for you.

Maybe they have double citizenzip, who knows. As this person who is dealing with case in UK confirmed it then it should be right.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by JaaizTech: 5:21am On Aug 31, 2014
Sunnybobo3: The dissolution of the marriage between Christ Embassy Church founder, Pastor Christian Oyakhilome, and his wife, Rev. Anita Odegwa Oyakhilome, has entered the final phase, TheCable can report. The wife is seeking divorce on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour” and “adultery”. She outlined several allegations against the pastor which TheCable cannot publish for legal reasons.

The divorce case, with Suit No FD14D01650, was filed on April 9, 2014 at Divorce Section A, Central Family Court, First Avenue House, High Holborn, London, UK, on Anita’s behalf by Attwaters Jameson Hill Solicitors, a full-service law firm with expertise in commercial law and a strong consumer focus in family, wills and estate, personal injury law and medical negligence.

Efforts to reconcile the popular couple, whose church is one of the biggest denominations in Nigeria and has branches all over world, have failed. They have two teenage daughters, Sharon and Charlyn. Oyakhilome is the president of Believers’ Love World Inc, the registered name of the Christian ministry, while his wife is the vice-president.

The pastor, according to an elder of the church, has denied allegations of adultery and believes his wife is being influenced by “bad friends” who are intent on destroying their home. While Anita believes she has been relegated in the scheme of things in the church, her husband has reportedly accused her of trying to usurp power and authority above her seniors in the ministry.

Sources told TheCable that the pastor had been making efforts to avoid divorce in the hope that the wife would eventually have a change of mind. However, TheCable can also report that the decree nissi was served on the charismatic pastor in his hotel room during a recent visit to the UK. Decree nissi, in legal terms, is like a yellow card in a football match which is a precursor to a red card (“decree absolute”) if no new evidence is provided to stall proceedings. Church insiders said Oyakhilome had been hoping for rapprochement, but he was left with no option than to receive the papers when the lawyers cornered him at his hotel in London. The decree absolute, which will effectively end the marriage, is expected to be issued soon while terms of the divorce will be worked out by the lawyers on both sides.

http://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-pastor-oyakhilomes-wife-finally-files-for-divorce-in-london-court | TheCable

I always knew He had it in him
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:18am On Aug 31, 2014
I wonder why many people find it okay to blame the woman here. Do you think its alright to send your wife away for over ten years for whatever reason? I can still remember that the bible gives the ministry of the family a prime position within a pastors overall calling...Pastor Chris, scattered his own family knowingly or unknowingly; he is the head of the family who is supposed to provide for the physical & psychological needs of his wife. The bible calls men who fail at this ' worse than infidels'.
Lets face the truth here; if this report is true, then all the blames go only to 'Pastor' Chris. Shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 31, 2014
MizEmpress:
a very sensible post..I imagined you speaking these words as I kept reading cool and you know my response whenever you speak like one wizened old man ahahahahaha
Baby, I missed you so much. Please reach me on fb or even an email. kiss
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by brightonline: 7:55am On Aug 31, 2014
Nonsense story
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Spuggie: 9:14am On Aug 31, 2014
totogrill: that means everybody will go to hell.

Dude, are u out of your mind?? most likely, u see him as a mini god and thats why you are embarrassed by his despicable behaviour. u might want to know that many don't believe in him and his prosperity gospel, u can add adultery to that list as well.
Hopefully, his members have now realized Chris is human afterall and they can now focus on worshipping Baba God .

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Spuggie: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2014
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by tnktosin(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2014
zoeee:

Not all men....
God bless you swthrt

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by mechanics(m): 11:40am On Aug 31, 2014
jeamie: Please what is FOUNDATION shocked embarassed
d solid foundation in d word of God.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by franugo(m): 1:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
marioking:

Do you know while my comment was short

because

i foreseen some fo.ols quoting me grin grin grin grin

ngwa tell us how this ur prophecy take concern endtime na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Sister Kate: I Wear The Hijab Because My Backside Can Make Men Miss Heaven / There Are Many Other Virgin Births Besides Jesus. / Paul Ado Bayero: Kano Emir's Grandson Who Converted To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.