Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,750 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) (51451 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning / Boat Mishap Kills Scores In Bonny River / Accident At Sangotedo, Ajah In Lagos This Afternoon (viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by kel4soft: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
About 9 people died. It happened at Peterside, the notorious home of the Okoloma Sea Gold. Some Corps members are feared to be involve.

R.I.P

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by desgiezd(m): 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
So, so sad. RIP to the dead.

I need someone to enlighten me on this, I can see a life jacket lying down there, there's also a life jacket around the body of one guy there, does it mean that they didnt work or what happened?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by kel4soft: 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
desgiezd: So, so sad. RIP to the dead.

I need someone to enlighten me on this, I can see a life jacket lying down there, there's also a life jacket around the body of one guy there, does it mean that they didnt work or what happened?

Life jacket works depending on the current of the water the jacket is been used, the essence of life jacket is to suspend you for the time been when there is an accident pending when you will have rescue operatives. Bonny water especially this Peterside area is something else, the wave there can scare the hell out of someone. I won't be surprise if some of those victims died as a result of fear.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Chibaba247(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kai,dis is heartbreakin, wat a bad accident,life is a journey and we stop anytime and anywere God calls it a stop. RIP to dem all
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by tit(f): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kel4soft,
did people try cpr for a long time?
I =have read of people being evived after being underwater for up to 30 minues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hmmmm, everyday na so so bad story for Nigeria, quite sad...RIP to them embarassed embarassed
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
so sad. may their souls rest in peace.
however, I hope this brings the issue of govt responsibility to the safety and welfare of corpers since this is a forced program (no one signed up for this)

2 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
RIP to the dead
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Tallesty1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
tit: Kel4soft,
In this EBOLA era?

9 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by sesanrota(m): 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
Work vest cannot work in these kind of current, Peter-side area of Bonny island has always proven to have a very strong tidal wave. I always recommend a PFD for anyone going through that route as its the peak of the atlantic Ocean.
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by MisterLongman(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
kel4soft:

Life jacket work depending on the current of the water the jacket is been usel, the essence of life jacket is to suspend you for the time been when there is an accident pending when you will have rescue operatives. Bonny water especially this Peterside area is something else, the wave there can scare the hell out of someone. I won't be surprise if some of those victims died as a result of fear.
You maybe right.... They probably might have forgotten they had the life jacket on due to fear.... But this kind of accident is unexpected and very fast... So sad
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Lilimax(f): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Omg!
Their lives were snuffed out just like that cry??

Btw, does it mean those life jackets could not save these victims??.
So sad!
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by QuiverBox(f): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
sesanrota: Work vest cannot work in these kind of current, Peter-side area of Bonny island has always proven to have a very strong tidal wave. I always recommend a PFD for anyone going through that route as its the peak of the atlantic Ocean.

What is PFD?

8 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Collynzo16: 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
kel4soft:

Life jacket work depending on the current of the water the jacket is been usel, the essence of life jacket is to suspend you for the time been when there is an accident pending when you will have rescue operatives. Bonny water especially this Peterside area is something else, the wave there can scare the hell out of someone. I won't be surprise if some of those victims died as a result of fear.
Or the life jackets were worn out or not properly worn.

1 Like

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Collynzo16: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
QuiverBox:

Whta is PFD?
Portable Floating Device, same thing as Life jacket.
The guy just dey blow grammar.

61 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by harrisnimasa(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
Trust Nigerian's most of them don't wear it..But in most cases it's the fear of death that kills.R.I.P.
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by bankyblue(m): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
instead of that id*ot that called him self ROTIME to face his work all this past time, he was busy driving elrufie, running into Ekiti to vote, busy flexing power with the centra.

can u imagine now, in this our time and age u could not give them ROAD, even life jacket that cost so little you couldnt made it available.

RIP TO THE DEAD.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by kel4soft: 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
tit: Kel4soft,

My elder brother's wife can even stay under water for close to 2hours. Most times, people that lost their lives in some of these boat mishap are very good swimmers. I remember a year I was supposed to return from my town (not village) when we heard of boat mishap and the causalities were very good in water.
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by kel4soft: 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
sesanrota: Work vest cannot work in these kind of current, Peter-side area of Bonny island has always proven to have a very strong tidal wave. I always recommend a PFD for anyone going through that route as its the peak of the atlantic Ocean.

Gbam!!!
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by kel4soft: 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
harrisnimasa: Trust Nigerian's most of them don't wear it..But in most cases it's the fear of death that kills.R.I.P.

You are not far from the truth. Just come to Kono Waterside via Opobo or Rumulumeni going to Tombia, Bukuma and the other riverine communities. You will see how guys especially young students will tell you, it will stain their clothes. I nearly hit my younger sister when she insisted that she wont wear a life jacket. Is very sad, I have to convince her to take selfies with me on board the sea before she agreed. Really annoying.

Bar, the accidents. Water journeys are really peaceful and enjoyable.

2 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by kel4soft: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
bankyblue: instead of that id*ot that called him self ROTIME to face his work all this past time, he was busy driving elrufie, running into Ekiti to vote, busy flexing power with the centra.

can u imagine now, in this our time and age u could not give them ROAD, even life jacket that cost so little you couldnt made it available.

RIP TO THE DEAD.

You should direct that to FG. They just abandon Bodo-Bodo road Mr. Man which OBJ started. Amaechi have done more roads and bridges that connect to riverine communities than any Governor in Niger Delta. He approached the FG to allow them complete, but they insisted they will complete it which they have failed to do.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by penny01502: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
This Bonny water of a thing, FG need to find an alternative route for that journey
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lilimax: Omg!
Their lives were snuffed out just like that cry??

Btw, does it mean those life jackets could not save these victims??.
So sad!

I can only see one life jack. And even having a life jacket on doesn't guarantee life. Its just something to keep you afloat till rescuers come. Our safey culture is very poor....the navy were probably drinking ogogoro for one corner,while people get drowned.

4 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
kel4soft:

You are not far from the truth. Just come to Kono Waterside via Opobo or Rumulumeni going to Tombia, Bukuma and the other riverine communities. You will see how guys especially young students will tell you, it will stain their clothes. I nearly hit my younger sister when she insisted that she wont wear a life jacket. Is very sad, I have to convince her to take selfies with me on board the sea before she agreed. Really annoying.

Bar, the accidents. Water journeys are really peaceful and enjoyable.
Really? she only agreed to put on a life jacket just because of a selfie?
Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by kel4soft: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
careytommy:
Really? she only agreed to put on a life jacket just because of a selfie?

What do you expect from all these butters children of these days?

3 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by bankyblue(m): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
kel4soft:

You should direct that to FG. They just abandon Bodo-Bodo road Mr. Man which OBJ started. Amaechi have done more roads and bridges that connect to riverine communities than any Governor in Niger Delta. He approached the FG to allow them complete, but they insisted they will complete it which they have failed to do.

if he really ve his people @heart he should ve gone ahead with the project and let see if the centra wont try to cover there shame by completing it(my people always say that you can be standing and call someone to help u put ur load on ur head) because the first person to call is the state bf u now call the federal.

anyway am not a fan of both #rotime and GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
bankyblue: instead of that id*ot that called him self ROTIME to face his work all this past time, he was busy driving elrufie, running into Ekiti to vote, busy flexing power with the centra.

RIP TO THE DEAD.
This Poster is the Perfect Description of foolishness

13 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by bankyblue(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: This Poster is the Perfect Description of foolishness

and u re?

8 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by kel4soft: 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
bankyblue:

if he really ve his people @heart he should ve gone ahead with the project and let see if the centra wont try to cover there shame by completing it(my people always say that you can be standing and call someone to help u put ur load on ur head) because the first person to call is the state bf u now call the federal.

anyway am not a fan of both #rotime and GEJ

What are you saying? These are the list of Riverine projects in Rivers State that are supposed to be a Federal Projects

The Ikuru Town Atlantic Ocean Bridge in Andoni
The Okirika Ring Road Bridges
The Unity road Bridges in the Ogoni-Andoni-
Opobo axis
The construction of bridges across Bolo Creek with
approaches
Trans Kalabari road and bridges

The above projects were all done by Amaechi bar the Trans-Kalabari road which is still going on.

The Bonny-Bodo road is the only the road that the FG had listed in their gazette of ministry of works. OBJ started, it was supposed to be continuous project but have been halted. Do you know how projects are done? So state govt should re-award a project FG has already awarded and abandoned? Please lets stop this Bodo-Bonny road discussion and face the thread of the topic.

20 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
I witnessed such a wave from Opobo Town to Kono jan 2007 when I passed out from nysc, it wasn't funny, I was praying all through till we got to kono. I will not wish an enemy such experience

2 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
I heard dat boat was meant to carry 32 passengers but 38 were loaded. Just dont understand why some ppl put other people's lives at risk cos of money

3 Likes

Re: Boat Mishap Along Port Harcourt-Bonny Sea Route (Pics At Viewers Discretion) by plezant(f): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
Or the life jackets were worn out or not properly worn.
Or even expired

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Snake I Killed In My House This Morning / Snake Swallows Tennis Ball. A Vet Massages It Out (Video) / How To Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.