Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns (41401 Views)

Navy Launches Operation To Secure Niger-Delta / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. / 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Mekateka: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
UpLoyo:

Sorry my Father cannot be your mentor, because if he were; you will be to smarter than your f00lish statement. That being said, you can take the award home to your father instead for a job well done, we don't raise m0rons in our case. Sorry f00lishness is an orphan and you can't claim another parent, and just an fyi no one is competing with ya sorry self in that category. tongue
your f00lish father who failed to impact the commonest sense into you because he lack it, cannot even be my mentor. Your rants just portrait the f00lish lives your entire family dwell in. Go back and blame your worthless father for your woes and stop f00ling yourself around my posts.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by gebest: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
SO NA NOW DAY BREAK ABI? IS TOO LATE JAREE A LOT OF LIVES HAS ALREADY BEEN LOST.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by kabba7(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
WHO IS DOING THE BOMBINGS ?
THE NIGERIAN ARMY OR THE CAMEROONIAN ARMY
WE WANT THE TRUTH PLEASE !!
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Mekateka: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote author=UpLoyo]

Sorry my Father cannot
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Mekateka: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
UpLoyo:

Sorry my Father cannot be your mentor, because if he were; you will be to smarter than your f00lish statement. That being said, you can take the award home to your father instead for a job well done, we don't raise m0rons in our case. Sorry f00lishness is an orphan and you can't claim another parent, and just an fyi no one is competing with ya sorry self in that category. tongue
your f00lish father who failed to impact the commonest sense into you because he lack it, cannot even be my mentor. Your rants just portrait the f00lish lives your entire family dwell in. Go back and blame your worthless father for your woes and stop f00ling yourself around my posts.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by kskpoundz(m): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
No video well I don't beliv.@least d bokos showd us hw dey captured gwoza army baraks.Nigeria army too dey lie jare

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by SUBMARINE: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
overhypedsteve: our former coas is out of service and any reference to his time in office should reflect his selfless impute into the fight against this animals and the challenges that several powerful disgruntled elements in the nigerian political stage faced him with. Ihejirike work still speaks for him. And we that said i believe no amount of our comments can perform better.

Thank you
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by ofala(m): 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
May NAF never retreat till these BH murderers surrenders....Kudos to our gallant soldiers
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by estherdennis(f): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rikidony:
THATS THE ISSUE HAVE GAT WITH THEM. DAVID MARK SAID DECLARE AND ALL OUT WAR ON THIS SECT AND START A SUSTAINED ATTACK ON THIS SECT. BUT THE MILITARY WILL BOMB AND GO BACK TO SLEEP THIS GUYS WILL NOW REGROUP AND RECATURED THEIR TERRITORY... GEJ SHOULD WAKE UP AM TIRED OF THIS WHOLE SHII.T angry angry
GEJ is not sleeping but if he really act the way we want it, then too many innocent souls will die as we already know that this devils are miss with normal humans so he need to tRead with care .
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Mekateka: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
wellmax:
Not until ýoü get some brains.
guy I guess your block brain have failed to recognised your limitation. Don't over step your bound.

cool
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by jaybee(f): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rikidony: The Nigerian military yesterday, August 28, carried out
airstrikes against the dreaded Boko Haram sect’s positions in
Limankara and Gwoza in Borno State.

This is as hundreds of troops also mobilised to the frontline in Gulak,
Adamawa State against the insurgents.
According to Daily Trust report, a resident of Gwoza, Mamman
Madobi, said three military planes were sighted hovering and after a
few minutes, they heard sounds of 15 explosions in the direction of
Madagali, Limankara and Gwoza.

Other residents added that several armoured vehicles were deployed
in Gulak between Wednesday and yesterday while military trucks
conveyed soldiers to the town.
The Army Public Relations Officer, Captain Jafaru Nuhu could not
comment on the issue.
This is coming barely a week after Boko Haram leader, Abubakar
Shekau, released a video claiming to have created an Islamic
caliphate in Gwoza which was seized by the insurgents earlier this
month.

Responding to the Boko Haram’s claims, the Nigerian military
described it as ‘empty ‘.
The town of Gwoza was said to have been seized by the militants and
all efforts to reclaim the town by the military had proved futile.
During the attack on Gwoza, BokoHaram allegedly killed about a 100
people , including the wife of the town’s emir, his brother, and the
chief Imam of Gwoza.

Several towns have been reportedly seized by Boko Haram. The
insurgents have captured Limankara and some areas under Madagali
LGA of Adamawa State after assaults on security formations. Other
towns which have been captured by Boko Haram in recent times
include Buni Yadi in Yobe State and the Police Mobile Training Camp
in nearby Limankara village.

http://www.naij.com/282581-boko-haram-military-planes-bomb-gwoza-limankara.html

is this cheap propaganda because the Cameroonian Army made a release on their encounter with Boko Haram militants
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/cameroon-bombs-boko-haram-camp/ ? This is contradictory with what is on ground this afternoon, less than ten hours ago. http://www.naij.com/282407-boko-haram-take-catholic-church-house.html . its unfortunate the war is lingering, deadly and devastating but difficult to win because we have a dubious administration in which the politics have been militarized and the military politicized.

2 Likes

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by moyems(m): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Just another fat lie by the Govt. If you truly bombed their terrain where is a photographic proof?

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by eunisam: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
I said it early,boko haram has some days left and will become a history.gøod job guys
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Rikidony(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ezechinwa:

my guy u know who sang this song :
I Love my life 3(times).....
EHEN...so na who you wan go kill undecided
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by eunisam: 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
moyems: Just another fat lie by the Govt. If you truly bombed their terrain where is a photographic proof?
guy must u c pishure? Take a walk to sambisa forest and snap d pix
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Rikidony(m): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
jaybee:

is this cheap propaganda because the Cameroonian Army made a release on their encounter with Boko Haram militants
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/cameroon-bombs-boko-haram-camp/ ? This is contradictory with what is on ground this afternoon, less than ten hours ago. http://www.naij.com/282407-boko-haram-take-catholic-church-house.html . its unfortunate the war is lingering, deadly and devastating but difficult to win because we have a dubious administration in which the politics have been militarized and the military politicized.

WHEN WILL U EVER SPEAK GOOD ABOUT THE NA......

THIS GUYS ARE TRYING WE SHOULD GIVE THEM TIME.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by o2k(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
All those monikers using this boko haram insurgency to score cheap political point should know that in war there is no pdp or apc, muslims or christians, rich or poor and so on but there is one thing casualty of war, and it can be anyone or anything. The earlier we come together as one to support, encourage and speak out for our armed forces the better for us all because they are all we got left.

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rikidony: The Nigerian military yesterday, August 28, carried out
airstrikes against the dreaded Boko Haram sect’s positions in
Limankara and Gwoza in Borno State.

This is as hundreds of troops also mobilised to the frontline in Gulak,
Adamawa State against the insurgents.
According to Daily Trust report, a resident of Gwoza, Mamman
Madobi, said three military planes were sighted hovering and after a
few minutes, they heard sounds of 15 explosions in the direction of
Madagali, Limankara and Gwoza.

Other residents added that several armoured vehicles were deployed
in Gulak between Wednesday and yesterday while military trucks
conveyed soldiers to the town.
The Army Public Relations Officer, Captain Jafaru Nuhu could not
comment on the issue.
This is coming barely a week after Boko Haram leader, Abubakar
Shekau, released a video claiming to have created an Islamic
caliphate in Gwoza which was seized by the insurgents earlier this
month.

Responding to the Boko Haram’s claims, the Nigerian military
described it as ‘empty ‘.
The town of Gwoza was said to have been seized by the militants and
all efforts to reclaim the town by the military had proved futile.
During the attack on Gwoza, BokoHaram allegedly killed about a 100
people , including the wife of the town’s emir, his brother, and the
chief Imam of Gwoza.

Several towns have been reportedly seized by Boko Haram. The
insurgents have captured Limankara and some areas under Madagali
LGA of Adamawa State after assaults on security formations. Other
towns which have been captured by Boko Haram in recent times
include Buni Yadi in Yobe State and the Police Mobile Training Camp
in nearby Limankara village.

http://www.naij.com/282581-boko-haram-military-planes-bomb-gwoza-limankara.html
you see how stupid nigerian press is? The stupid reporter didn't even finish d story of how nigerian airforce take bomb the place, itz to add the list of places captured by boko haram... Is the topic, list of places captured by boko haram, they are always giving credence to boko haram. Stupid people.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by calmly10: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
KUDOS TO OUR GALLANT ARMY CONTINUE BOMBING AND OCCUPY THE AREA . ENOUGH OF THE EMBARRASSMENT , NO MERCY .
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Rikidony(m): 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
estherdennis: GEJ is not sleeping but if he really act the way we want it, then too many innocent souls will die as we already know that this devils are miss with normal humans so he need to tRead with care .
SO THOSE THAT ARE BEING KILLED BY BOKO HARAM ARE THEY NOT CIVILLIANS. GEJ HAS FAILLED AND WE SHOULD REALISE IT.

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Sacramento4real(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Just 15 explosions only?These people are not ready at all.Are they short of bombs or something?And i hope those 15 didn't miss their targets o?
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by gebest: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote
author=ayodeji752]They will release 15 bomb and go back to barrack to
sleep so dat d rest of bokoharam members can regroup and recruit many
more members...nonsense! [/quote]what kind of human being are u, if they didnt do it, u are d 1 dat ll stil complain.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Rikidony(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Movingcoil: you see how stupid nigerian press is? The stupid reporter didn't even finish d story of how nigerian airforce take bomb the place, itz to add the list of places captured by boko haram... Is the topic, list of places captured by boko haram, they are always giving credence to boko haram. Stupid people.
undecided

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by wellmax(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mekateka: guy I guess your block brain have failed to recognised your limitation. Don't over step your bound

See ŧħē blabbing of a weakling. I'm done with ýoü, mindless internet fiddler.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by cole265(m): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
Oklander:

All these people are leaders and they are Muslims, who knows how many more Muslims killed by these monsters during that operation, if it had been that one Pastor, a christian leader died in this incident, you will see many posts on nairaland about how Muslims are killing them and how Islam teaches Muslim to kill them. They care not to hear when we say the fact, that the majority killed by these monsters are Muslims. They take it as normal and simply overlook when Imam is killed but turn hypocritical and start ranting when the news is the other way round.
My guy don't blame the xtians. Whether we like it or not BH claim to be fighting for Islam so the death of one christian by BH should arouse unpleasant feelings of the xtians just as it will be if otherwise or even worse situations from the Muslims if BH where to be xtians apologies. You can imagine. The reaction of Muslim brothers in northern Nigeria to the killing of Osama or "blasphemy " against Islam occurring in far away Arab country. Muslims will not only react by talking tough and condemnation, they will go berserk, take to the streets, destroying properties, maiming and killing innocent people. This has happened severally here in Niger especially in the north.

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by ichidodo: 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
bamite: i can see that u've bin playin 2mch video games of late
Video games don't provide that kind of entertainment..
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by stpat1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Metallurgist: i pity that empty head of yours, boko boys kill the emir's wife, his brother and the CHEIF IMAM, boko have killed far more muslims than xtains but bigots like u simply cant comprehend

my guy, u for no quote that guy. he's just looking for attention.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
Former governor of Borno sponsors Boko Haram - Boko Haram negotiator reveals:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/former-governor-of-borno-sponsors-boko.html
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Rikidony(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
gallantsoldier: Jonathan nd minimah need to do more to win this war the soldiers moral are very low and the worst part is that the more u kill the bokoboys the more there recruit more boys many of the youth nd teenagers in gwoza has been force to join them all the churches has been burnt down gals of 15years upward are now force to marry the militant but bokoharam end is near
SURE BRO AS A SOLDIER WAT ABOUT THE WEAPONS THAT WE HEARD WERE ORDERED THE HELICOPTER GUNSHIP DO U HAVE ANY INFO IF THEY HAVE ARRIVED AND WAT DO U THINK IS HINDERING THE MILITARY FROM WINNING THIS WAR AND WHY DO YOU THINK BH END IS NEAR
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by OJODEL10(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote
author=Oklander]

All these people are leaders and they are Muslims, who knows how many
more Muslims killed by these monsters during that operation, if it had
been that one Pastor, a christian leader died in this incident, you will
see many posts on nairaland about how Muslims are killing them and how
Islam teaches Muslim to kill them. They care not to hear when we say the
fact, that the majority killed by these monsters are Muslims. They take
it as normal and simply overlook when Imam is killed but turn
hypocritical and start ranting when the news is the other way
round.[/quote]

boko haram don't just kill muslims, they killed those that condemned their action and they tagged such person as infidel and al christians are tagged as infidels.please learn to be sincere. thank u.

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Fourwinds: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rikidony:
THATS THE ISSUE HAVE GAT WITH THEM. DAVID MARK SAID DECLARE AND ALL OUT WAR ON THIS SECT AND START A SUSTAINED ATTACK ON THIS SECT. BUT THE MILITARY WILL BOMB AND GO BACK TO SLEEP THIS GUYS WILL NOW REGROUP AND RECATURED THEIR TERRITORY... GEJ SHOULD WAKE UP AM TIRED OF THIS WHOLE SHII.T angry angry
exactly. no follow-up. dats y I call it seek and hide game
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Reference(m): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
matify:

Where are the Artillery boys?

They should take coordinates and pulverise this scallywags to their desired end.

Now that they have commenced a symmetrical war - the type conventional Armies fight- I know their end is near.

The report makes it clear why whole scale action cannot be taken against these insurgents including the artillery and armoured corps so far, the presence of civilians. Assymetric warfare is exceptionally hard for any army and we should be very careful the way we criticise. When insurgents attack into civilian areas and retreat into the populace it is not easy to diffrentiate between combatant and civilian and harder to hit them precisely without collateral damage. America found it impossible in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia. Russia, Spain, Pakistan, Colombia and India same. There is no country till date that has militarily defeated an insurgency. If there is tell me. We simply cannot defeat Boko Haram by force of arms. David Cameron speaking of ISIS says it will take decades to clean the fall-out. That's why I have always advocated a de-escalation of the situation. A conversion of the insurgency not into a full blown war but de-escalated into a crime and justice situation similar to what happened in Northern Ireland.

As long as people continue to live in those places heavy arms will be controversial and limited. That is the kind of warfare our army is largely trained and equiped for. That BH will take over towns, sack them of all living things, erect their flags and walk the streets thus inviting bombardment and anihilation is a mistake which they may not make again.

The real question I will ask is why the government will still allow civilians to live in or close to those areas. In my opinion they should all be evacuated, the towns locked down and any civilian found 'living' under a flag not Nigerian considered an enemy combatant no matter what badge they wear. You just cannot conduct successful military campaigns in sitting rooms, playgrounds, churches, mosques and admist everyday life. It is impossible.

NB: And as for Cameroun, it is easy for them to fire artillery rounds into Nigeria from across the border. They are not obliged to preserve any life afterall it is not their country. It is a pity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Buhari In Akwa Ibom: This Is Not World Cup Or Champions League Final" - Bashir / Osinbajo, Patience Jonathan, Tinubu, Orubebe, Ooni,sultan At Aisha's Book Launch / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Photoshopped NYSC Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.