Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns (41407 Views)

Navy Launches Operation To Secure Niger-Delta / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. / 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Dibiachukwu: 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rikidony: The Nigerian military yesterday, August 28, carried out
airstrikes against the dreaded Boko Haram sect’s positions in
Limankara and Gwoza in Borno State.

This is as hundreds of troops also mobilised to the frontline in Gulak,
Adamawa State against the insurgents.
According to Daily Trust report, a resident of Gwoza, Mamman
Madobi, said three military planes were sighted hovering and after a
few minutes, they heard sounds of 15 explosions in the direction of
Madagali, Limankara and Gwoza.

Other residents added that several armoured vehicles were deployed
in Gulak between Wednesday and yesterday while military trucks
conveyed soldiers to the town.
The Army Public Relations Officer, Captain Jafaru Nuhu could not
comment on the issue.
This is coming barely a week after Boko Haram leader, Abubakar
Shekau, released a video claiming to have created an Islamic
caliphate in Gwoza which was seized by the insurgents earlier this
month.

Responding to the Boko Haram’s claims, the Nigerian military
described it as ‘empty ‘.
The town of Gwoza was said to have been seized by the militants and
all efforts to reclaim the town by the military had proved futile.
During the attack on Gwoza, BokoHaram allegedly killed about a 100
people , including the wife of the town’s emir, his brother, and the
chief Imam of Gwoza.

Several towns have been reportedly seized by Boko Haram. The
insurgents have captured Limankara and some areas under Madagali
LGA of Adamawa State after assaults on security formations. Other
towns which have been captured by Boko Haram in recent times
include Buni Yadi in Yobe State and the Police Mobile Training Camp
in nearby Limankara village.

http://www.naij.com/282581-boko-haram-military-planes-bomb-gwoza-limankara.html
Ala wu aku ba
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by tit(f): 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
buoye1: You don't even know what you are saying!u sit down in d corner of your room typing rubbish!!U rely on Nairaland to know about BokoHaram....I stay in state where they operate actively so I know too well more than you Ignoramus!!!!APC or PDP!!!!what's my business with politics, people are being killed day and night you are there saying Nonsense....Deluded goat

try and make sense
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Dibiachukwu: 12:08am On Aug 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by tit(f): 12:15am On Aug 30, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
ANy decent army would be able to capture those towns without bombing people's villages.

LIE LIE.
Any decent army employs scorched earth policy.

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Akanistic(m): 12:26am On Aug 30, 2014
steeve123: I can see a perfect Colabo between Nigeria and Cameroun against BH........ pray we dont have innocent civilians cut in cross fire/Bombing.

Wetin them still dey do for Gwoza? Any civillian still living in these parts na collateral damage them be straight away!!
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Mekateka: 12:53am On Aug 30, 2014
buoye1: You don't even know what you are saying!u sit down in d corner of your room typing rubbish!!U rely on Nairaland to know about BokoHaram....I stay in state where they operate actively so I know too well more than you Ignoramus!!!!APC or PDP!!!!what's my business with politics, people are being killed day and night you are there saying Nonsense....Deluded goat
up
Yes I know you have no business with PDP nor APC but you are a terrorist on the field who know what bokoharam is all about. You guys never complain when bokoharam killed people but always rush to nairaland to cried that you muslim brothers are being killed when ever soldiers attacked bokoharam. You can't stop me from saying the truth no matter how bitter it maybe to you.

3 Likes

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Abuloma80(f): 12:54am On Aug 30, 2014
So sad and scary. Since the start of B/Haram militancy, these towns and villages were attacked, destroyed and rendered economically unviable i.e Konduga - Bama - Gwoza - Limankara - Madagali - Gulak. Next to Gulak are Gulak - Shuwa - Michika (my local govt) - Bazza - Uba Askira - Mubi. These towns/villages along the popular road of MAIDUGURI - YOLA.

Currently people from Madagali, Gulak and Michika are relocating to Mubi, Yola and other places for fear of being attacked as they are next in line. Honestly its impossible to describe the scenario of what is happening in these towns. Its so sorrowful and pathetic seeing how people especially women and children carrying loads and running to safer towns. Its just like those of "Democratic Republic of Congo" way back when they had their civil war.

As for those who moved out from Gwoza, Limankara and Madagali to other towns, having ran out of food stuff and money have resorted to begging.

May the LORD have mercy on these towns and bring an end to these. Amin.

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by chukjojo(m): 1:32am On Aug 30, 2014
Oklander:

All these people are leaders and they are Muslims, who knows how many more Muslims killed by these monsters during that operation, if it had been that one Pastor, a christian leader died in this incident, you will see many posts on nairaland about how Muslims are killing them and how Islam teaches Muslim to kill them. They care not to hear when we say the fact, that the majority killed by these monsters are Muslims. They take it as normal and simply overlook when Imam is killed but turn hypocritical and start ranting when the news is the other way round.
am sure these monsters did not declear christianic caliphate but rather islamic caliphate. So what trash are saying?
Though you may be right o!
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Dibiachukwu: 1:38am On Aug 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 30, 2014
Rikidony:
BRO LEAVE SARCASM ASSAID THIS IS A THREAT TO OUR NATION AND WE MUST JOINED HANDS TO FIGHT THIS. IF NAIJA BECOME A FAILED STATE WE ARE DOOMED. angry
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 30, 2014
Mekateka: you can call me whatever, it is your business. We all know that APC as a party has being an advocate of bokoharam. Buhari has once referred to them as freedom fighters and fault every moves of the military against bokoharam.
On August 2ndof 2012, Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan famously said:
“They (Boko Haram) are our siblings and you cannot send the army to wipe out your family…. We are handling them with a soft approach.”
You see? Even your god, Jonathan will not be happy with this. grin

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by buoye1(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2014
Mekateka: up
Yes I know you have no business with PDP nor APC but you are a terrorist on the field who know what bokoharam is all about. You guys never complain when bokoharam killed people but always rush to nairaland to cried that you muslim brothers are being killed when ever soldiers attacked bokoharam. You can't stop me from saying the truth no matter how bitter it maybe to you.
I repeat once again that you a fool!...I am a christian,most of our people are killed everyday,churches burnt down...who told you I'm nt glad bokoharam are being killedYou ll never settle down to go through comments before you start castigating!!
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by buoye1(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2014
tit:

try and make sense
Y poking your nose into what is not your business?Paddle your canoe broz!
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by AmbOlaoye1(m): 8:35am On Aug 30, 2014
it is a welcome development,however we are not expecting them to airstrike and still go back to barracks and stay until they cure the injured ones and regroup again.they need to continually dislodge them and follow up with raiding for next one week non stop and by that results can be recorded.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Mekateka: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2014
buoye1: I repeat once again that you a fool!...I am a christian,most of our people are killed everyday,churches burnt down...who told you I'm nt glad bokoharam are being killedYou ll never settle down to go through comments before you start castigating!!
see christian calling somebody a f00l. Guy I repeat again you are a TERRORIST. You can only convince me that you are not a terrorist when you talk like human being and not as bokoharam animals
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by buoye1(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
Mekateka: see christian calling somebody a f00l. Guy I repeat again you are a TERRORIST. You can only convince me that you are not a terrorist when you talk like human being and not as bokoharam animals
U are a Terrorist as well!
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by plumule(m): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Oklander:

All these people are leaders and they are Muslims, who knows how many more Muslims killed by these monsters during that operation, if it had been that one Pastor, a christian leader died in this incident, you will see many posts on nairaland about how Muslims are killing them and how Islam teaches Muslim to kill them. They care not to hear when we say the fact, that the majority killed by these monsters are Muslims. They take it as normal and simply overlook when Imam is killed but turn hypocritical and start ranting when the news is the other way round.
were wia u wen churches are been bomb and xtains been roast in dia quantum, u think god is not watching. Mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Litmus: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
How large are those places, because if possible those towns should be levelled and rebuilt. Terrorists should be able to look through their binoculars and see, spread across the horizon, a phalanx comprising of soldiers, tanks, artillery, bulldozers, cranes, engineers and cleaners all bent on some serious house cleaning angry overhead should fly helicopter gunships, warplanes and civilian propeller planes with banners trailing behind reading, 'Vermin Eradication Squad'.

Seriously though, i think it's a mistake throwing a large chunk of our army at these baiting rapists and murderers until we are certain just what it is we're up against. Their international sponsors could be waiting for just such a move by Nigeria. We need to keep the mystic and dark threat, of a powerful army in reserve, hunting their ultimate plans.

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by tit(f): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
The only people still in Gwoza are Boko Haram supporters.
All true, patriotic Nigerians would have fled from these beheaders, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and murderers.
Bomb and shell the town to blazes.
And after rebuild the town for the patriotic indigenes.

3 Likes

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by oluwato69sin(m): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
Where is CIA,,FBI ,,mi6 when you need em ,,na only for movie dem dey go fight secret war for another country
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by AmandaMustapha(f): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
“ We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who will harm us” these were the words of Winston Churchill. This is what the men in the armed forces have been doing for us everyday of their lives and most especially in recent years in Northern Nigeria. As we loose our civilian brothers and sisters we are also loosing them in the armed forces whether a commissioned officer or a soldier, we as a nation have forgotten to mourn and honor them. We like many people have friends and loved ones keeping to their oath of protecting this nation in that part of the country. So we have come up with a way for us as a nation to honor our fallen, through a website called www.nigerianfallenheroes.com please visit this website to see those that have laid their lives so you can honor them (this can be done by leaving a simple message, poems, quotes anything you are comfortable with on the memorial wall). If you know an officer or a soldier that has laid his life in northern Nigeria in recent times please send the following information to nigerianfallenheroes@gmail.com so we might upload it on to the website (1) a picture of the person preferably in uniform (2) name, rank and service number (3) where and when he died. Please pass this on to as many as you can. Let us honor our fallen heroes and let us tell their families we know and appreciate their sacrifices. Thank you. Signed: Patron
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by komekn(m): 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
tit: The only people still in Gwoza are Boko Haram supporters.
All true, patriotic Nigerians would have fled from these beheaders, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and murderers.
Bomb and shell the town to blazes.
And after rebuild the town for the patriotic indigenes.

There are people too scared to escape and those held against their will.

What is required are precision air strikes taking out Boko technicals and the 2/3 T55 tanks they have seized using our attack helicopters Mil 24/35, which we are supposed to have as we already ordered them months ago. This was to replace the two MIL 24's destroyed by Boko a year ago when they attacked the air force base in Maiduguri.

Boko only have essentially light weaponry. Using artillery is a capital No No its far from accurate will cause way to much collateral damage and civilian casualties and do little to Boko who will be well dug in at this stage. I would suggest a night time frontal assault from multiple directions into Gwoza using as lead our 30 year old, Vickers Mk.3 MBT, we don't have the reactive armour version nonetheless, it will offer protection from 20mm and Rpg7's. Furthermore the 105mm main gun is stabilised so it should still be very effective in taking out the few boko technicals left after the air assault.

The NA does not have a dedicated fit for purpose IFV's with remote weapon stations, SHOCKING otherwise this would have given us overriding advantage in a night assault. Is it too much to have every combatant with night vision even with our antiquated AK47's and GPMG'S that have no optical sights. Support troops in APC's preferably the BTR3 to finish off any remaining boko foot soldiers, Hopefully its unstabilised cannon will offer better accuracy than the boko technicals that are left as its armour is only STANAG Level 2, so engaging boko techs not advisable.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by komekn(m): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
AmandaMustapha: “ We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who will harm us” these were the words of Winston Churchill. This is what the men in the armed forces have been doing for us everyday of their lives and most especially in recent years in Northern Nigeria. As we loose our civilian brothers and sisters we are also loosing them in the armed forces whether a commissioned officer or a soldier, we as a nation have forgotten to mourn and honor them. We like many people have friends and loved ones keeping to their oath of protecting this nation in that part of the country. So we have come up with a way for us as a nation to honor our fallen, through a website called www.nigerianfallenheroes.com please visit this website to see those that have laid their lives so you can honor them (this can be done by leaving a simple message, poems, quotes anything you are comfortable with on the memorial wall). If you know an officer or a soldier that has laid his life in northern Nigeria in recent times please send the following information to nigerianfallenheroes@gmail.com so we might upload it on to the website (1) a picture of the person preferably in uniform (2) name, rank and service number (3) where and when he died. Please pass this on to as many as you can. Let us honor our fallen heroes and let us tell their families we know and appreciate their sacrifices. Thank you. Signed: Patron

Thank you, you deserve more than a commendation, I CRY CRY for my nation and those brave sons, Fathers and brother who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I am thinking what we can do to make a difference.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by tit(f): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
komekn:

There are people too scared to escape and those held against their will.

What is required are precision air strikes taking out Boko technicals and the 2/3 T55 tanks they have seized using our attack helicopters Mil 24/35, which we are supposed to have as we already ordered them months ago. This was to replace the two MIL 24's destroyed by Boko a year ago when they attacked the air force base in Maiduguri.

Boko only have essentially light weaponry. Using artillery is a capital No No its far from accurate will cause way to much collateral damage and civilian casualties and do little to Boko who will be well dug in at this stage. I would suggest a night time frontal assault from multiple directions into Gwoza using as lead our 30 year old, Vickers Mk.3 MBT, we don't have the reactive armour version nonetheless, it will offer protection from 20mm and Rpg7's. Furthermore the 105mm main gun is stabilised so it should still be very effective in taking out the few boko technicals left after the air assault.

The NA does not have a dedicated fit for purpose IFV's with remote weapon stations, SHOCKING otherwise this would have given us overriding advantage in a night assault. Is it too much to have every combatant with night vision even with our antiquated AK47's and GPMG'S that have no optical sights. Support troops in APC's preferably the BTR3 to finish off any remaining boko foot soldiers, Hopefully its unstabilised cannon will offer better accuracy than the boko technicals that are left as its armour is only STANAG Level 2, so engaging boko techs not advisable.

Your plan is to cause mass casualties in the NA.
I bet you BH is well prepared for night fighting.
Is the NA trained to fight with night vision equipment?
Or you want them to learn under BH battle conditions?

NAF cannot do precision bombing (laser guided or gps).
The pilots still have to depend on sighting a target.
The NAF has no hinds now.
You are suggesting the NA do nothing to clear out BH from Gwoza till the Hinds arrive.
That gives you a lot of time to mock the ineptitude of the NA.

The NA has over 40 years' experience using artillery.
The only people in Gwoza are citizens of the Islamic state who have invaded Nigerian territory.
These people have no allegiance to Nigeria and should be considered enemy combatants or as people giving comfort and succor to the enemy.
If we are in a shooting war, the NA should not take the only weapon that gives them an advantage off the table.
You might as well suggest, they use only pistols since assault rifles can cause unintended consequences!

Jonathan issue only pistols to the NA
Withdraw their AK-47 and FNL rifles
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by komekn(m): 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
tit:

Your plan is to cause mass casualties in the NA.
I bet you BH is well prepared for night fighting.
Is the NA trained to fight with night vision equipment?
Or you want them to learn under BH battle conditions?

NAF cannot do precision bombing (laser guided or gps).
The pilots still have to depend on sighting a target.
The NAF has no hinds now.
You are suggesting the NA do nothing to clear out BH from Gwoza till the Hinds arrive.
That gives you a lot of time to mock the ineptitude of the NA.

The NA has over 40 years' experience using artillery.
The only people in Gwoza are citizens of the Islamic state who have invaded Nigerian territory.
These people have no allegiance to Nigeria and should be considered enemy combatants or as people giving comfort and succor to the enemy.
If we are in a shooting war, the NA should not take the only weapon that gives them an advantage off the table.
You might as well suggest, they use only pistols since assault rifles can cause unintended consequences!

Jonathan issue only pistols to the NA
Withdraw their AK-47 and FNL rifles

Tit,

How u deh ? what has the wisdom of Solomon to do with the old age of Methuselah.

If your equipment is old outdated and manually operated even with your 40 years experience will not make it precise, wake up things have moved on.

NAF did say they had taken delivery of the more up to date Mil 35, or where they lying

If I was in charge of procurement I would have 10 Mil 24 Hinds operational in 48 hrs, its not that hard when your not thinking about EGUNJE.

What will it take to to get 2000 quality assault rifles with optic sights 24hrs cost $1million less than the what it costs for the Tan Rally in PH, less than for the one night hotel bill for the delegates at the just concluded national Confab.

A fit for purpose IFV will engage multiple targets with a remote weapon stations using thermal imaging and laser targeting with a 100% accuracy at 1.5km with 30mm and will not be penetrated by Rpg7s and or 20mm fire from Boko technicals.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
Oklander:

islam is d problem we have in the world. Boko haram kills imam and fellow muslim who fail to speak and live by the truth of the qauran, they kill cowards muslim who lie abt the qauran that muslims should live peaceable wit infidel. Wen it stated in the quaran that unbeliver should be killed. So why are other musilm disguisein and nt tellin d truth. Bokoharam is angry wit them, dat why they are killing coward musilm. For a real musilm , killing unbelievers is a common course. Oh what a religion of blood share.....
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by tit(f): 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
komekn:

[b]Tit,

What will it take to to get 2000 quality assault rifles with optic sights 24hrs cost $1million less than the what it costs for the Tan Rally in PH, less than for the one night hotel bill for the delegates at the just concluded national Confab.

you know the NA does not operate with guile.
from personnel selection, training, speech, etc, they prefer brute force!
Do you not see the former COAS instinctive reaction to El Rufai's accusation?
Brute force?
Asking them to adopt guile, night-vision, sense is asking them to do something that goes against their doctrine and belief system.
Moreover, our juju does not work at night.
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by youngmonie: 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
dIFF BTW bhna d our soldiers...bh shows us evidence....heheehheheheheh
Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by KnowAll(m): 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
After d bombing d Nigerian military like is customary has gone back to sleep, presumably.

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Oklander: 7:39am On Aug 31, 2014
Climaths: islam is d problem we have in the world. Boko haram kills imam and fellow muslim who fail to speak and live by the truth of the qauran, they kill cowards muslim who lie abt the qauran that muslims should live peaceable wit infidel. Wen it stated in the quaran that unbeliver should be killed. So why are other musilm disguisein and nt tellin d truth. Bokoharam is angry wit them, dat why they are killing coward musilm. For a real musilm , killing unbelievers is a common course. Oh what a religion of blood share.....
You illiterate, you don't even know how to spell talk less of having any minute knowledge about Islam, stop spewing trash with your coconut head, get back to nursery school, learn how to read and write and it may just help you with little knowledge about Islam...Ignoramus!!!

1 Like

Re: Military Planes Bombed Gwoza, Limankara Begin Major Operation To Recapture Towns by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Boko Haram is funded through CBN - Boko Haram negotiator reveals:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/boko-haram-is-funded-through-cbn-boko.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Photoshopped NYSC Picture / Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos) / Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.